Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one tells God, you are wrong God because the scripture says... Ye well you have a choice to spend time with the Living word Jesus Christ, or the dead letter the bible, it is your choice, and as I shall keep reminding people,

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Now you have read this, you are without excuse. God will never stand against mans will, even when it means there demise, for that is what Love does, but He does warn us.
Listen say whatever you want. Scripture does not tell God He is wrong , I am not telling God He is wrong . I am telling YOU, you are wrong . And faith is not a house divided. Revelation, the spoken word, the written word are all one. Scripture is not outside of God as you attest. I cannot, nor can anyone use God's own precepts against Him. One can misinterpret, that does not put the written Word against its Author. It simply is satan's attempt at confusing the unstable.

Clearly, no sound minded person would argue, that to uphold the written word as the Word of God , is to practice idolatry . That is to suggest that the written Word does not come from God. It denies the foundation upon which all else is built. To twist things in such a manner is an attempt to discredit the foundation and is in essence an affront to God. It is replacement doctrine. It is to establish, no means by which to test any professed Revelation. It is to forgo reliance on the doctrinal laws for acceptance of anything , just anything some (self prescribe) "Christian" would say . You know, those who use the Title CHRISTIAN but their doctrines are anything but? That is heresy at its finest. All the while ,what they profess as a personal relationship being monument , they have gotten from the very written word they say to reject. Think about it.... they use scripture to point to how- a personal relationship with Christ is important, yet in the same breath they say the written word is not a means to getting to know Christ???

Sounds like scripture is that door, that we stand by and THEN JESUS COMES A KNOCKING it would seem it is the way in to receive TRUE REVELATION and that REVELATION will always be upheld by scripture . Unlike what you prescribe to.. Hypocrites , speak nothing but the doctrine of devils!

So now my challenge to you is, speak from this self prescribed type of "Christianity" , you know, the one that True Believers are not to test with checks and balances- called scripture , and let's see how far you get! You will only be proven to be a false teacher , Oh snap ! that has already happened. And do yourself a favor, while speaking your "revelation" do not use any scripture , that according to your OWN standard is idolatry . Oh what an entangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen say whatever you want. Scripture does not tell God He is wrong , I am not telling God He is wrong . I am telling YOU, you are wrong . And faith is not a house divided. Revelation, the spoken word, the written word are all one. Scripture is not outside of God as you attest. I cannot, nor can anyone use God's own precepts against Him. One can misinterpret, that does not put the written Word against its Author. It simply is satan's attempt at confusing the unstable.
Exactly, if you are saying God is telling you something different than what Scripture says, I got news for you. God is not the one talking to you.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show where it says something different. It doesn't matter what "Scripture says to you" it matter what it says.
Many years ago people at our church were having this argument, right? So I went to God and asked Him which 'side' was right and he showed me this verse in Galatians so that is why I am so adamant today. He has never shown me differently and the church eventually took the same stance about it.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago people at our church were having this argument, right? So I went to God and asked Him which 'side' was right and he showed me this verse in Galatians so that is why I am so adamant today. He has never shown me differently and the church eventually took the same stance about it.
Give a reference please.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give a reference please.

What I find interesting with all the discussions in here is....In one place or even in many places, scripture will clearly speak to the roles of both women and men BEFORE the assembly and positions in the home (The home the first assembly that a man should govern righteously). And then someone will seek out some other scripture to try and refute what is clear in other parts of scripture. THE PROBLEM: it is clear both stances 1. Women should not assume authority over men of faith 2. Women can assume authority over men of faith, cannot both be right.

Now remember, that is the crux of the meaning to being able to teach or not able to teach- WOMEN ASSUMING AUTHORITY OVER men of faith. Not that women should not teach. After all , the mother of Christ was to teach Christ in wisdom as all women should raise the future men of God in. For the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Let's raise men in Christ then, right? Clearly though, that is not the predominant mindset, or things would not be as bad as they are. So, women are VERY significant. The issue is not then that women should not teach the faith, but rather, HEADS- men OF FAITH , those who already have the Spirit of Christ should not be superseded by the women of their assembly. Not even their wives should seek to ASSUME authority over them publicly . But scripture is clear that she may, between them privately point out something with greater clarity, for she is His help mate , that was established at the foundation of the world. She is to strengthen His faith not weaken as did Eve Adam. She is to fortify his knowledge IN GOD. she should then be listened to , if she speaks NOTHING , nor OFFERS NOTHING AGAINST GOD. For a prudent wife as scripture says, is from God.

As for women priest etc.... that is a man's role. Just as a woman cannot be a husband but a wife, only a MAN can be a priest in Christ. She can be a mother of the faith. If a man goes to a congregation headed by a woman , he is not being the Godly man Christ said he must be. He must supersede her authority in growth and be a shepherd elsewhere then. That means he must make it a point to be knowledgeable in those matters of God. Every spiritual man must outgrow, (that does not mean not need a mother), but must eventually lead, as Christ did His mother. It would seem then, men of God must assume the lead and stop being submissive to their wives and/ or mothers -as their authority (that is in matters of faith.) At some point a male must walk like a man. I appreciate men's healthy masculinity . A man still must remain considerate and that is not submission or accepting a lesser role than you were purposed for either.

Back to my opening statements.....It is clear both arguments cannot be right, so that means someone is misinterpreting scripture , NOT scripture contradicting itself. Either there are designated roles for men and women or there is not. But I assure all interpretation is the problem not scripture contradicting itself.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So now my challenge to you is, speak from this self prescribed type of "Christianity" , you know, the one that True Believers are not to test with checks and balances- called scripture , and let's see how far you get!
Well lets look at out mate bol, qoutes scripture all day, does that make him wrong.. according to you scripture agrees with him so he must be right, there are a gazzilion religions all believing different things all reading the same bible yet preaching a different Christ, Is Christ divided, Christ cant be wrong...

Why do you think this form is here...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I find interesting with all the discussions in here is....In one place or even in many places, scripture will clearly speak to the roles of both women and men BEFORE the assembly and positions in the home (The home the first assembly that a man should govern righteously). And then someone will seek out some other scripture to try and refute what is clear in other parts of scripture. THE PROBLEM: it is clear both stances 1. Women should not assume authority over men of faith 2. Women can assume authority over men of faith, cannot both be right.

Now remember, that is the crux of the meaning to being able to teach or not able to teach- WOMEN ASSUMING AUTHORITY OVER men of faith. Not that women should not teach. After all , the mother of Christ was to teach Christ in wisdom as all women should raise the future men of God in. For the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Let's raise men in Christ then, right? Clearly though, that is not the predominant mindset, or things would not be as bad as they are. So, women are VERY significant. The issue is not then that women should not teach the faith, but rather, HEADS- men OF FAITH , those who already have the Spirit of Christ should not be superseded by the women of their assembly. Not even their wives should seek to ASSUME authority over them publicly . But scripture is clear that she may, between them privately point out something with greater clarity, for she is His help mate , that was established at the foundation of the world. She is to strengthen His faith not weaken as did Eve Adam. She is to fortify his knowledge IN GOD. she should then be listened to , if she speaks NOTHING , nor OFFERS NOTHING AGAINST GOD. For a prudent wife as scripture says, is from God.

As for women priest etc.... that is a man's role. Just as a woman cannot be a husband but a wife, only a MAN can be a priest in Christ. She can be a mother of the faith. If a man goes to a congregation headed by a woman , he is not being the Godly man Christ said he must be. He must supersede her authority in growth and be a shepherd elsewhere then. That means he must make it a point to be knowledgeable in those matters of God. Every spiritual man must outgrow, (that does not mean not need a mother), but must eventually lead, as Christ did His mother. It would seem then, men of God must assume the lead and stop being submissive to their wives and/ or mothers -as their authority (that is in matters of faith.) At some point a male must walk like a man. I appreciate men's healthy masculinity . A man still must remain considerate and that is not submission or accepting a lesser role than you were purposed for either.

Back to my opening statements.....It is clear both arguments cannot be right, so that means someone is misinterpreting scripture , NOT scripture contradicting itself. Either there are designated roles for men and women or there is not. But I assure all interpretation is the problem not scripture contradicting itself.
How is teaching or preaching 'assuming authority' over men?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

seems Jesus had a very different opinion on women.

Joh 4:27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well lets look at out mate bol, qoutes scripture all day, does that make him wrong.. according to you scripture agrees with him so he must be right, there are a gazzilion religions all believing different things all reading the same bible yet preaching a different Christ, Is Christ divided, Christ cant be wrong...

Why do you think this form is here...
Do you always make it a practice of putting words into people's mouths? That is nonsensical , your statement. According to me scripture agrees with him??? So he must be right??? First of all, it is rather, if his doctrine agrees and aligns with scripture, if it can be supported and found to not be burned up by the foundation, is the correct way to put that. I have proven many things he adheres to , to be nothing but hay , wood and straw. Your point?

Also, Christians do not form all different religions, there are different denominations. And interpretation of scripture is given by the Holy Spirit. You will find, that those who interpret in that cannot be proven wrong. Maybe rejected but never proven wrong. Most people simply do not like the math, because TRUTH IS TRUTH and cannot be dismantled nor does it tickle the ears of those confronted by it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also, Christians do not form all different religions, there are different denominations. And interpretation of scripture is given by the Holy Spirit. You will find, that those who interpret in that cannot be proven wrong. Maybe rejected but never proven wrong. Most people simply do not like the math, because TRUTH IS TRUTH and cannot be dismantled nor does it tickle the ears of those confronted by it.
Yep Christ is the truth, and Him you will find no lie, yet christians keep Him as far from themselves as they can, so what truth is it they seek....

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep Christ is the truth, and Him you will find no lie, yet christians keep Him as far from themselves as they can, so what truth is it they seek....
You seem to be on an exercise bike. You put a lot of effort in pedaling but are getting nowhere fast. Hence , why you will always be just spinning your wheels and making no head way. Scriptures are His truth put into written words. Keep spinning.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, well ask the gazzilion different religions who has the "right" scripture... we can start with the catholics, protestants. 7day etc etc
Start with the Orthodox , Catholic whatever. All scripture is TRUTH no matter how you turn it. What men understand is another thing. NOT all men are for truth, that is why there is division. Those who are approved , they recognize TRUTH when it is spoken to them. And any TRUTH a person speaks will be upheld by the written word.
Psalm 12:6
6The words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace, like gold purified sevenfold.

Do you know what this means? It means that God proves His own word . How is that? Simple, if a person speaks by His authority by word with mouth, you can rest assure that those spoken words will not contradict the foundational written word. Hence , "like silver refined in a furnace , like gold purified sevenfold". People can take comfort in that .I am correct in my understanding because refinement is a proofing. Because clearly , God makes no mistakes, but we must prove all men's words to know if they come from God or not. We learn that from scripture . We are to test all spirits to know if they are of God. Christ spoke according to His own prophets. Besides that, not one person could trip Him up. His sums where from the equations already presented by Him through His prophets. And His New Song , did not abolish the Law of the prophets but fulfilled. Only the Elect , predestined Jew received personal Revelation to pen the scriptures, from the OC to the NC. The grafted in learn from them and yes too receive the Holy Spirit to pen works- those things built upon the foundation. It is the building of the heavenly Jerusalem. But one must be careful how one builds. But the apostles names are in the foundation of the walls and the names of the 12 tribes of Israel are on its gates.

1Corinthians 3:10
Christ Our Foundation
9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building. 10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.…

Now, we know Paul is not responsible for Christ coming forth , so clearly he is talking about his work in Christ. That work is his preaching and teaching of Christ. But as with all kingdoms there are foundational decrees which must be laid. In this case it is the precepts of God . Precepts are written and that is the foundation Paul is speaking of. The scriptures are a FLAWLESS tradition recorded , that posterity moving forward are preserved in. God has not let men corrupt the written word. He HAD to keep a hedge about it. if not satan would dismantle it all. Men have been allowed to remove certain books, and not because all are false books -that were removed . But rather ,are kept for a later date or preserved by another denomination. this so that arrogance that would and does rise up cannot be ones claim to fame. God did not put His eggs in essence in one basket. And also took some eggs out of certain baskets.

The Elect get it. that is why there is no selfish ambition or empty pride in them and they willing reach across denominational lines and esteem and admonish all without bias . They show no partiality . They are righteous judges . they go by Christian not Orthodox , Catholic , Protestant, simply Christian and embrace any truth brought to the table.
John 18:37
“For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to My voice

I know there are approved souls among all denominations . some have more than others but I get it. That is why I do not treat one group better than another. That is because I am a Hebrew.

Keeping some books out of Canons of some was necessary. That was so to reveal future pharisees and Sadducees. They are those revealed to not stand upon the written traditions handed down by prophets and apostles but rather upon doctrines in the precepts of men not God. They over centuries become traditions of men. Books like Enoch and other prophets that are rejected find they arrive as study at the right time. A time which they affirm is at hand due to the practices of men , that they called out thousands and thousands of years even before the Messiahs revealing .

while all the denominations bicker among themselves , hating on one another and rejecting the other's doctrine entirely based on the denominations name . The Elect have been busy gathering out all that which is worth keeping. We have sat and read and listened and tested according to our foundation. we write no one off according to their denomination but according to what does not stand upon sacred scripture. I have found all have some truths and some lies. It is simply the time of separating the two. In that brings men from all , to the right complete side of things and ALL TRUTH.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah but he is in all things..you can even see his character and love revealed in people too etc..so what are you talking about...that's what the spirit is for to reveal to us the holy spiritual and godly things of God on this earth and to see him in all things...etc but when we are born again, it's when our eyes become awaken to all these things..to see the spiritual you have to be spiritual to recognize the spiritual...etc :)

Well said.
Thumb.gif

Reactions: Jenniferdiana3637

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scriptures are a FLAWLESS tradition recorded

Really

The Bible is Complete...but not conclusive.

Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really

The Bible is Complete...but not conclusive.

Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

Really now, you should stop quoting scripture according to your own standard. The only inconclusiveness is the work in men. that is, men are stunted in growth due to the false doctrine they prescribe to. Such as what you quote. The Bible is complete, in that it FULLY equips the person of God for every good work. Cannot get that from any other Book. The Hebrews have the complete Book.
2 Timothy 3:15
All Scripture is God-Breathed
…15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…
What is clear is you are against God with you beliefs and actions , yet with you mouth say you serve God. The two can not co-exist. You are either for or against. Christ will hand you over to that which you are truly for in your heart.
Rev. 14

6Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth— to every nation and tribe and tongue and people.
What is the Eternal gospel? Do you know all the secrets of scripture? Of course not . If you did you would not post such drivel as this: The Bible is Complete...but not conclusive, it is as eternal as the one who gave it. for you to come to the conclusion you assume , you would have to have figured out all its mysteries. You are one person that is impossible and greater yet is impossible without God. You read it as text on paper, but do not receive it as Life.
com·plete
/kəmˈplēt/

adjective: complete; comparative adjective: completer; superlative adjective: completest
having all the necessary or appropriate parts.

Conclusive:(of evidence or argument) serving to prove a case; decisive or convincing.
Now if the Bible is complete as you say and I know, it is CONCLUSIVE to serve as evidence against or for any man's doctrine put forth. Those doctrines are those things built upon the foundation AFTER the Hebrews brought forth the knowledge of the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, it serves to prove any case, it is decisive and is used for convincing any man of what truth is. Even the 66 book Canon for instance upholds Enoch's works and Jasher's that the Ethiopian Christian Jew possesses. Even the Qumran scrolls are. So in men's attempt at removing what men see fit, they have proven themselves a contradiction to even their own Canon. God is not one to be messed with. Catching those little foxes.