Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is all you have.
So you a christian dont have Christ, is this what you are saying???? And is Jesus teh bible and teh bible is Jesus, so in teh name of the bible we can all be saved..... Idols in teh hearts of men.

Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is NOT what she said. She said that the in the sun we see the face of God, in the wind we hear the voice of God. That is not the same thing as what Romans 1:20 says.

No, actually I don't. She was wrong then, and she is still wrong after your poor defense of her bad theology.

Then if you can't see God face in a flower or the eye of a bird, I am beginning to wonder just how much you know of The Father!!!

King David knew Him through creation too...so @Jenniferdiana3637 is in good company! David said :-
"When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them......" (Psalm 8:3,4).

King David held a conversation with Father while looking at the moon and stars..David knew that God was revealing to us part of Himself.

Maybe you need to slow down a wee bit and take time out to commune with Father God...and get to know Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and mjrhealth

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to disagree here...the bible is only 'God breathed ' now, when God moves upon it and quickens it to the reader...
If it wasn't so then everyone who picks up a bible to read would believe it and be saved!
When we each were saved , born again, or whatever a person calls it, it was because The Holy Spirit breathed upon and quickened it to us each personally...
John 6 44 "No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him.." That is not via just reading 'the bible.'

I love my bible...but it is not God... yet He speaks to me through it ...Jesus Christ is The Word of God.

John 1
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD was God. "

It doesn't say- in the beginning was the bible...and the bible was God!!
You are entitled to your opinion. But not all who heard Christ personally believed. The same with the written word. Clearly not all who hear the word received the word and not all who read the word receive the word and hear what the Spirit is saying and believe. And still you quote scripture and all is Christ. So your point?

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is not how we know Christ, we know Christ because as a christian we have an open door to Him. You could never know you wife by reading a book about her, do you think thats going to change with Christ, and what will your excuse be, when he says, I called you but you would not come...

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

As i have said so many times, very few are listening or even willing... Love the bible more than Christ.

Mat_6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
And still you know all this from scripture. No one is denying revelation but no matter how you turn it, all is the Spirit of God and revelation given does not contradict scripture because they are ONE as God is one and uphold the other. You cannot separate the written Word from Him it is all the Word of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And still you know all this from scripture. No one is denying revelation but no matter how you turn it, all is the Spirit of God and revelation given does not contradict scripture because they are ONE as God is one and uphold the other. You cannot separate the written Word from Him it is all the Word of God.
When one tells God, you are wrong God because the scripture says... Ye well you have a choice to spend time with the Living word Jesus Christ, or the dead letter the bible, it is your choice, and as I shall keep reminding people,

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Now you have read this, you are without excuse. God will never stand against mans will, even when it means there demise, for that is what Love does, but He does warn us.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then if you can't see God face in a flower or the eye of a bird, I am beginning to wonder just how much you know of The Father!!!
Nobody has seen the face of God. So no, you can't see his face in a flower or in the eye of bird. Where do you all get this junk?

King David knew Him through creation too...so @Jenniferdiana3637 is in good company! David said :-
"When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them......" (Psalm 8:3,4).
That is NOT the same thing you are trying to argue. That is saying we can see the majesty of God in creation which I affirm.

King David held a conversation with Father while looking at the moon and stars..
Which is not the same thing as what Jennifer was describing.

Maybe you need to slow down a wee bit and take time out to commune with Father God...and get to know Him.
How do we get to know God? Scripture and meditating on it.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you a christian dont have Christ, is this what you are saying???? And is Jesus teh bible and teh bible is Jesus, so in teh name of the bible we can all be saved..... Idols in teh hearts of men.

Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
You know good and well that is not what I said.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know good and well that is not what I said.

The Bible is all you have.

That is what you said...... It may be all you have, it is not what Christ gave us.

Joh_16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

As I said, it is not what Christ gave us, no matter what the religious say.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody has seen the face of God. So no, you can't see his face in a flower or in the eye of bird. Where do you all get this junk?

That is NOT the same thing you are trying to argue. That is saying we can see the majesty of God in creation which I affirm.

And what if I did see him face to face and yes the spirit reveals the Lord everywhere in creation..

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah but he is in all things..you can even see his character and love revealed in people too etc..so what are you talking about...that's what the spirit is for to reveal to us the holy spiritual and godly things of God on this earth and to see him in all things...etc but when we are born again, it's when our eyes become awaken to all these things..to see the spiritual you have to be spiritual to recognize the spiritual...etc :)

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is NOT what she said. She said that the in the sun we see the face of God, in the wind we hear the voice of God. That is not the same thing as what Romans 1:20 says.

No, actually I don't. She was wrong then, and she is still wrong after your poor defense of her bad theology.
Maybe it's bad theology to you because of my bad writing skills but maybe because you also don't understand maybe because it's also you who dont have the mind of Christ but the mind of a carnal man. And why men should not teach lol.. do you notice how we women in here are smoking you to dust with your carnal and inadequate responses ha! more proof that we women are capable of teaching... John 3:12 Romans 8:5 and no Romans 1:20 seems to be talking about an exposed heart and something entirely different to what I meant...maybe you do need to meditate in scripture more or atleast receive the holy spirit first so the spirit can open your eyes mind and heart to have these things revealed to you...

Last edited:

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, But you still dont get it do you, there is a whole discussion going on about why the bible is corrupt, you should go read it, than when you have time. Give Christ 5 minutes of it, or is that too much for Him to ask.

And when you find yourself left out, what reason are you going to use, " but God i was reading teh bible....
I agree but there's is still time left for the man to be born again but as long as he doesn't go to Jesus he will never understand the bible for Jesus Christ's words are spirit and they are life...lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't discount that, the Bible discounts that.

I do not believe men and women are enabled the same way. That is not found in Scripture.
Like I said you are entitled to your opinion and if scripture says that to you stick with it but it says something different to me.

Reactions: Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it's bad theology to you because of my bad writing skills but maybe because you also don't understand maybe because it's also you who dont have the mind of Christ but the mind of a carnal man. And why men should not teach lol.. do you notice how we women in here are smoking you to dust with your carnal and inadequate responses ha! more proof that we women are capable of teaching... John 3:12 Romans 8:5 and no Romans 1:20 seems to be talking about an exposed heart and something entirely different to what I meant...maybe you do need to meditate in scripture more or atleast receive the holy spirit first so the spirit can open your eyes mind and heart to have these things revealed to you...
All you have done is ignore Scripture and take other verses out of context proving why you should never teach. I am reporting this post since it breaks the forum rules of saying I am not Christian.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but he is in all things..you can even see his character and love revealed in people too etc..so what are you talking about...that's what the spirit is for to reveal to us the holy spiritual and godly things of God on this earth and to see him in all things...etc but when we are born again, it's when our eyes become awaken to all these things..to see the spiritual you have to be spiritual to recognize the spiritual...etc :)
You are preaching pantheism.