Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, it was Paul's opinion and prejudice, that scripture doesn't agree with, not a commandment of the Lord.

As for Adam and Eve, who had the greater sin? Eve was tricked, and nothing happened; but when Adam willfully sinned (the greater sin) their eyes were opened and they saw themselves as naked. We were damned because of Adam's sin, not Eve's.
This is an ungodly view of the Apostle Paul and scripture itself.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God gives some scriptural insight or enlightenment to a woman, then what is she supposed to do with it? I think she is failing the church if she doesn't share. Or rather men are failing the church if they do not allow her to share.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is, it was Paul's opinion and prejudice, that scripture doesn't agree with, not a commandment of the Lord.
Peter clearly and emphatically identified ALL of Paul's epistles as Scripture. If you do not know this then read and study before you post. Since Scripture = the Word of God, your above allegation is LUDICROUS and unworthy of any Christian. Since if Paul could slip in opinions and prejudices in one place, he could do it throughout the New Testament, and who would be the judge, other than some disgruntled man or woman?
As for Adam and Eve, who had the greater sin?
Evidently Eve. Had she not fooled around with the devil, Adam would not have participated in her sin.
Eve was tricked, and nothing happened
Please read my post above which clearly shows that Eve CHOSE to be tricked. And something serious did happen.
but when Adam willfully sinned (the greater sin) their eyes were opened and they saw themselves as naked.
Since both were guilty at that point, it made no difference.
We were damned because of Adam's sin, not Eve's.
Not exactly. There was a chain of consequences which began with Eve wandering off instead of sticking close to her husband. A lesson for every woman.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If God gives some scriptural insight or enlightenment to a woman, then what is she supposed to do with it? I think she is failing the church if she doesn't share. Or rather men are failing the church if they do not allow her to share.
The remedies are already found in the Bible. A woman can speak privately to her husband, an elder, or a pastor, and share her insight and request that the church know about it. And one of them can present it to the church and inform everyone that a church member has brought this to their attention (without disclosing any names).

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not going to contradict himself.
God has forbidden woman from doing this, as Eve was utterly deceived.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I take it you are a man. LOL I believe Paul's writings are scripture when he tells us he is speaking from the Lord, but when he tells us this is his own opinion, then what?

cc: @Enoch111
So many men will jump on scripture like this but most are not able to fully obey the ones that say:

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I take it you are a man. LOL I believe Paul's writings are scripture when he tells us he is speaking from the Lord, but when he tells us this is his own opinion, then what?

In the case of the roles of men and women in the home and in the local church, Paul did NOT say that he was presenting opinions. And in the rare instances where he rendered a judgment (such as recommending the single state over the married), it was with the direction of the Holy Spirit, and the authority of an apostle. So for all intents and purposes it was a directive from God.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All Paul's writings are scripture[the word of God written].
When he says he is saying something,he is distinguishing his writing from a direct quoting if Jesus.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So many men will jump on scripture like this but most are not able to fully obey the ones that say:
Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
Colossians 3:19
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
No one is defending harsh, inconsiderate, unloving husbands who are COMMANDED to love their wives. That is a separate issue, and should be addressed if it becomes a real problem. But what Christian men and women must always do is submit to the Word of God, no matter how unpleasant it seems. God has specific roles for men and women, and the blurring of those roles has created great problems in society.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Paul's writings are scripture[the word of God written].
When he says he is saying something,he is distinguishing his writing from a direct quoting if Jesus.

He is saying it is "his opinion."

Have you or @Enoch111 been baptized with the Holy Spirit. What gifts do you have, if any? I looked at some of your posts and you don't even believe in being born again, that it is just a novelty.

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can this be answered without offending the great and wonderful women on this board, who know more about the Bible than I?

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl
B

Butterfly

Evidently Eve. Had she not fooled around with the devil, Adam would not have participated in her sin.

Not exactly. There was a chain of consequences which began with Eve wandering off instead of sticking close to her husband. A lesson for every woman.
Seriously, perhaps adam should have been looking out for his wife instead of wondering off - a lesson for every man !!! ( it works both ways ) They were both responsible , as you say, a chain of consequences. I always find it strange when Eve is seen as the one to blame, for me the fall began when Satan rebelled and the real battle began - also the arrogence of men when they think they would have not been decieved in the same way.
Rita

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously, perhaps adam should have been looking out for his wife instead of wondering off - a lesson for every man !!! ( it works both ways ) They were both responsible , as you say, a chain of consequences. I always find it strange when Eve is seen as the one to blame, for me the fall began when Satan rebelled and the real battle began - also the arrogence of men when they think they would have not been decieved in the same way.
Rita
I have been deceived many of times.

B

Butterfly

I am not totally sure where I sit with the role of women - I just cannot stand the arrogence and control that some men advocate over women. Jesus clearly used women and wasn't afraid to go against the grain and culture at the time. I have come under the teaching of women preaching and clearly been edified, but then I am not a man, and I don't believe there are any scriptures that say women cannot teach women. I have never been part of church with a female pastor, but have been part of one with women leaders- there always seemed to be mutual respect within the church for those in the role.
If, however you were in a church fellowship where men did not have that mutual respect, then I can see it would create problems.
I have always considered the cultural relevance with Pauls words, but it's clear that some here do not agree with that. This is always going to be a contentious issue - and one that you will never get total agreement on.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not totally sure where I sit with the role of women - I just cannot stand the arrogence and control that some men advocate over women. Jesus clearly used women and wasn't afraid to go against the grain and culture at the time. I have come under the teaching of women preaching and clearly been edified, but then I am not a man, and I don't believe there are any scriptures that say women cannot teach women. I have never been part of church with a female pastor, but have been part of one with women leaders- there always seemed to be mutual respect within the church for those in the role.
If, however you were in a church fellowship where men did not have that mutual respect, then I can see it would create problems.
I have always considered the cultural relevance with Pauls words, but it's clear that some here do not agree with that. This is always going to be a contentious issue - and one that you will never get total agreement on.
Rita
Just be obedient to what He is telling you...the Holy Spirit will guide you and lead you into all truth!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
What does a woman do if she has no husband to ask the questions she has

Or how about the men if they have a question who do they ask?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus
B

Butterfly

What does a woman do if she has no husband to ask the questions she has

Or how about the men if they have a question who do they ask?
I am in the first group - I ask Jesus xx ( he is my authority ) However if I was part of a church, which I am not right now, I would seek counsel from the pastor,elder, leader - but in all honesty I would rather go to Jesus xx
Rita

Reactions: Pearl