Signs In The Heavens

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"...there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven."
Luke 21:11b

Google "Two Moons"

The reader is at liberty to decide for themselves whether the most recent "sign in the heavens" is indeed a special event orchestrated for our generation - or not.

Look to the sky on the evening of August, at about 11pm EDt. There will be TWO MOONS in the sky.

The planet Mars is making its closest approach to the Earth in recorded history and will not again be so close until the year 2087.

Mars will appear to be nearly as large as a full moon and the event will be visible to the naked eye.

If the sky is clear, this will be a once in a lifetime spectacle.

Whether or not you think its a sign from God is up to you.
It does seem, however, that there have been an unusual number of these "once-in-a-lifetime" sightings in the last few decades.

"But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh."
Luke 21:28

Next

Jul 24, 2010
ya you definitely can't miss the signs. it seems like every other week there is another earthquake or natural disaster. the weather has been strange and unpredictable. there are 'wars and rumors of wars'. man, i don't think i can remember a year that there have been so many thunderstorms where i live. this year it seems like every time it rains it is a "severe thunderstorm warning". the weatherman has been wrong so many times its making me think that they just don't want to admit that they have no idea what is going on lol lol i strongly believe we are living in the end times. but its not just the signs... just look at the amount of sin and depravity going on in the world. people are getting crazier and crazier and the accepted norm is so far askew from where it was even 50 years ago, its insane. but the reason i'm most convinced is that it just feels like the end times. i don't know. its like a sense of urgency in my spirit. anyone else have this? hopefully we get to see Jesus' return in our lifetime. regardless, this is an exciting time to be alive!
laugh.gif

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
The signs are everywhere. They definitely point to this being the end times. We must be prepared for Jesus' soon return!

Moses :)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ya you definitely can't miss the signs. it seems like every other week there is another earthquake or natural disaster. the weather has been strange and unpredictable. there are 'wars and rumors of wars'. man, i don't think i can remember a year that there have been so many thunderstorms where i live. this year it seems like every time it rains it is a "severe thunderstorm warning". the weatherman has been wrong so many times its making me think that they just don't want to admit that they have no idea what is going on lol lol i strongly believe we are living in the end times. but its not just the signs... just look at the amount of sin and depravity going on in the world. people are getting crazier and crazier and the accepted norm is so far askew from where it was even 50 years ago, its insane. but the reason i'm most convinced is that it just feels like the end times. i don't know. its like a sense of urgency in my spirit. anyone else have this? hopefully we get to see Jesus' return in our lifetime. regardless, this is an exciting time to be alive!
laugh.gif

My wife and I moved to Florida over thirty years ago. During the rainy season you could set your watch by the three o'clock afternoon rain storms. Not today.

Just as you said, the weathermen make their predictions and something else happens. When they are right, its' a big surprise.

We moved to our present house about twenty years ago and the place has suffered direct hits from lightning THREE TIMES. As far as I'm concerned, when you write about wierd weather you're preaching to the choir.

Two months ago, I spent too much money on a new flat screen TV. I hung it on the wall, but before I could watch my first movie the thing was hit by lightning during our third direct hit. (Also fried all the cable boxes and two computers.) The thing has since been repaired. For the first time in my life I've decided to give my TV a name; SPARKY. <GRIN>

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
Two months ago, I spent too much money on a new flat screen TV. I hung it on the wall, but before I could watch my first movie the thing was hit by lightning during our third direct hit. <GRIN>

That would pretty much ruin anybodys day!

About this mars incident; you have any ideas or theories on what it means? Assuming it is a "sign", what would it be signaling?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That would pretty much ruin anybodys day!

About this mars incident; you have any ideas or theories on what it means? Assuming it is a "sign", what would it be signaling?

The Mars incident/two moon sighting, the Shoemaker-Levy Jupiter impacts of 1994, Haley's comet appearance and all the other heavenly signs of our time can be explained as dispassionate observations of the heavens due to technology and advanced observational procedures. In the same way, some people explain the recording of increased numbers of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The increase in violence in our time cannot be so easily explained away. There is nothing dispassionate about that.

knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for, from the day that the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:3-4

The problem with our era is that few of us can remember a time when there wasn't a rising tide of violence, frequent global disasters, constant international warfare or incredible things happening in the sky or outer space. It was not always this way, at least that's what our history books tell us. Our senses have become dulled by the intensity and frequency of these things. It's partly due to our mental defense mechanisms I think. If we were to seriously consider the implications of the things happening around us, none of us would leave our houses. We would all go insane. In fact, most of know of some people who have had just this sort of reaction. Society reacts in just this way; that these people are thought to be unhinged/unbalanced and that they need therapy to deal with reality. It's true that those of us who know Christ have discovered the only true 'therapy' for our times; faith. It has become so bad though, that even the best of us have problems dredging up enough faith to deal with the nightmare of twenty-first century life. Forget about trying to assign a place in our philosophy for signs in the heavens.

Most people won't even bother to go outside to see the Martian event on August 27th. If they are aware of it at all, it will be through the glowing monitors of internet stories or TV news coverage late at night when sleep and the worries of the day tend to close one's eyes and mind. Consider this, however, that if such a thing had happened during the Middle Ages, or during the days of Christ in the Roman Empire it would have been written in the history books and entire religions would have been affected.

Today, not so much.

Taken by itself, the close approach of Mars to the earth and the possible spectacle in the sky is a singular event which will mean little to most everyone. Like a fourth of July fireworks display it will be nothing more than another pretty light in the sky.

In my opinion, it is a signal that something great is at hand. Fireworks on the fourth of July are a celebration of our national independence. The fire and light signfy something of infinitely greater importance; our national heritage. In the same way, I believe that these signs in the heavens and upon the earth have little meaning by themselves, but are indeed the harbingers of something of much greater value.

And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows;
men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh.

Luk 21:25-28

cely

Jul 16, 2010
laugh.gif

ya i can definatly see t he sihns of the end of the world also. But in my opinion i think that God isnt going to come just yet i think that the world is going to get even more worse than just the wheather but also there is going to come a time when we The children of God are going to get persicuted for what we stand for wich is God. I also think that there is going to come a time when America is going to take are bibles The Word Of God from us and we are just going to have to know it from are hearts. But i strongly believe that one example of Jesus Christs return is the wheather because God says that there is going to be huricanes and tornados hitting places it never hit before. places people would least expect.:unsure: