Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
I start this by stating"All fall short of the glory of God"We all sin,no matter how small or how large"If you commit the least of these sins you commit them all"What we must realize is that we all need Christ"I am the way the truth and the light,no one comes to the Father but through Me"Many of us would like to justify our sins and stay in them"All things are lawful to me but not all things are profitable."As you can see just about anything we think of or speak of can be addressed through scripture.If you are saved you are still working on sanctification.What does this mean?Loving God through obedience."If you love me keep my commandments".This doesnt mean give God lip service and go back to your old ways"If you are in Christ you are a new creation""If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart you will have eternal life"We all sin,Christ never did,we are to emulate Christ.Can we do this?Not completely and not on our own.We are works in progress.We were preordained to do the good works of Christ,but very often we rebel,we tell Christ to accept our faults and leave us be,but still bless us.Well we end up putting a wall between ourselves and Christ,the more we sin the thicker the wall.But we still want God to respect us and bless us,this is selfishness and God is no respector of persons.There are many sins we want to hold onto and expect God to justify,but that is even more sin compiled onto our already heaping sins.We may be justified,but sis is still sin,there are consequences.Consider this;you get drunk at a party and someone you have been witnessing to sees you drunk off your butt,you may have just turned that person away with your hypocricy.What if you are a leader in your Church,plenty of people respect you,some of which are struggling in their faith,and you are caught in adultry.You may have just destroyed a weaker brother or sister or even someone who considered accepting the Lord into their heart and changed their mind because of your sin.We do not do good works to gain salvation,we do good works in appreciation of our salvation by showing God love.We must realize that we are witnesses of the Lord and that everything we do is being watched by the evil one.He uses our shortcomings to accuse us and to turn others away from the faith.None of us are perfect and that is something we need to let the world know.Feel free to share your witness and your strongholds to let others know that they are not the only ones who struggle.Your strongholds admit that you are a work in progress.You witness shows that you are a changed creation,you were one way and now you are another.Protect your witness,if not for yourself,for those who struggle in the faith or have no faith at all.