Since more children and people have been killed by Israel than in the terrorist attack, should they stop?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is bombing apartment buildings and etc a war any more than the terrorists who killed innocent people in Israel was a war? Also, what is the Christian position on this? Some preachers say we must pray for 'Israel' and support it, as well as the massive revenge happening, ??

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can those who think there is a solution in killing others ever stop? How can an eye for an eye bring vision to anybody?

The only way evil is nullified is by absorbing it, not by reflecting it back. Jesus absorbed it, it killed him.....but Oh the wonder of it, he came back to life. We are to follow in his footsteps!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is bombing apartment buildings and etc a war any more than the terrorists who killed innocent people in Israel was a war? Also, what is the Christian position on this? Some preachers say we must pray for 'Israel' and support it, as well as the massive revenge happening, ??
YOu need to understand the international conventions that Israel is a signatory to.

When a terrorist group attacks a nation, if they do not have uniforms to identify them:

When they use schools, hospitals and neighborhoods to launch their rocket attacks;

When their charter calls for the eradication of all Jews

they become open to have all their territory attacked with impunity.

Hamas bring the destruction to their own people by using the neighborhoods as arsenals and launching sites for their rockets.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YOu need to understand the international conventions that Israel is a signatory to.

When a terrorist group attacks a nation, if they do not have uniforms to identify them:

When they use schools, hospitals and neighborhoods to launch their rocket attacks;

When their charter calls for the eradication of all Jews

they become open to have all their territory attacked with impunity.

Hamas bring the destruction to their own people by using the neighborhoods as arsenals and launching sites for their rockets.
So would you say that is the Christian position also? Where is the end of that reasoning? If they destroyed all of Gaza and the west bank millions would be dead. How about if there is a few terrorists in New York that attacked New Jersey? Would it be right to nuke New York in response? The logic there seems to be let the innocent die with the guilty! Since there are hundreds of thousands of children and babies and women and old folks etc living in Gaza and the west bank, how would almost killing them all be a better thing than the terrorists killing such people?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can those who think there is a solution in killing others ever stop? How can an eye for an eye bring vision to anybody?
Exactly. It is fine to kill home invaders that want to rape and kill your family I would think. Self defense. But if you were to get a gang together and go to the neighborhood they live in and blow it all up, that would be something more than self defense.
The only way evil is nullified is by absorbing it, not by reflecting it back.
That is a noble theory. I am not sure it has application in the real world of the middle east today. But I take it you are bringing out what a Christian position would be. The problem is, as I mentioned, that some Israelcentric Christian preachers seem perfectly fine with a massive revenge operation, and even seem eager.

Reactions: Brakelite

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So would you say that is the Christian position also? Where is the end of that reasoning? If they destroyed all of Gaza and the west bank millions would be dead. How about if there is a few terrorists in New York that attacked New Jersey? Would it be right to nuke New York in response? The logic there seems to be let the innocent die with the guilty! Since there are hundreds of thousands of children and babies and women and old folks etc living in Gaza and the west bank, how would almost killing them all be a better thing than the terrorists killing such people?
Be3cause with Hamas and thug groups like them, they hide among the people and there are teens and women that ear arms as well.

War is terrible, but when one has to fight war, the object of war is to kill people and break things to bring your enemy to surrender.
It was Hamas who beheaded babies, caused babies to commit fellatio, raped women murdered children and burned people alive. They are not operating under the rules of war. Israel warned people to leave Gaza, if they stayed they take their chances. It was far more than what Hamas did.

As a believer, this is the world, and worldly governments must protect their citizens as per Romans 13.

Reactions: Bob and The Learner

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be3cause with Hamas and thug groups like them, they hide among the people and there are teens and women that ear arms as well.
So they answer is is mass murder the children they hid at some time among?
War is terrible, but when one has to fight war, the object of war is to kill people and break things to bring your enemy to surrender.
The object of war in my knowledge of history was to conquer or gain or etc. Not to kill as many innocents as possible.
It was Hamas who beheaded babies, caused babies to commit fellatio, raped women murdered children and burned people alive. They are not operating under the rules of war. Israel warned people to leave Gaza, if they stayed they take their chances. It was far more than what Hamas did.
So you condemn them for killing babies but think it is fine for Israel to mass kill babies in a population of 2,3 million people?
As a believer, this is the world, and worldly governments must protect their citizens as per Romans 13.
Protecting people does not mean mass murdering innocents.

Reactions: The Learner

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they answer is is mass murder the children they hid at some time among?
If your enemy who has attacked you first, butchered your peole and do not conform to the rules of war that nations have signed on to. It is their fault and not Israels. Remember Hamas started this war by killing over 800 civilians

Remember it is Hamas who will not identify their soldiers with uniforms and hide among civilians which makes the killing of civilians their fault not Israels.

what would you have Israel do- not fight back and let Hamas launch thousands of rockets from neighborhoods and schools and hospitals killing theior people and sit back and do nothing?
The object of war in my knowledge of history was to conquer or gain or etc. Not to kill as many innocents as possible.
And name me one war where civilians were never collateral damage. America did not fight WW 2 to conquer or gain!
So you condemn them for killing babies but think it is fine for Israel to mass kill babies in a population of 2,3 million people?
Do not attempt to make an equality to what Hamas did and what Isarael is doing. Hamas started this by intentionally killing civilians. Israel, every time it had to go into Gaza to root outr Hamas butchers hiding in the neighborhoods have always sent pre warnings to the Palestinians to leave thise neighborhoods for they were going to go in in force and with bombs. Hamas does not do that!

They pre warned Palestinian people to leave the areas they were going to bomb. If people choose not to- that is their choice and not Israels. they gave people the chance and time to leave teh areas where Hamas bitchers were hiding so as to not get killed when they went after the teeorrists who started this was. Hamas gave no warning or chance for people to leave.
Tell that to Hamas and Hezbollah and Fatah and the IRG who have pledged genocide against Jews! Israel has no pleasure in the loss of Palestinian civilians, but those same citizens of Palestine will parade in teh streets and hail as heroes the Hamas butchers who mowed down civilians as intentional targets and not the collateral damage that always occurs in war.

Remember the Palestinians who die were given a chance to leave the areas Israel said they were going to bomb and shell. Why aren't you doing this same kind of interrogation against the Hamas butchers who burned families alive in their homes, raped and murdered children and women and intentionally slaughtered over 200 people at a music festival? Where is your outrage over those war crimes?

so please spare your faux outrage over Israel and you have yet to write one word agains t the Hamas thugs who started this war!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If your enemy who has attacked you first, butchered your peole and do not conform to the rules of war that nations have signed on to. It is their fault and not Israels. Remember Hamas started this war by killing over 800 civilians
Whose fault? The toddlers? Yes Hamas killed civilians and did truly evil things. That does not mean you get too do the same. Otherwise how are you different?
Remember it is Hamas who will not identify their soldiers with uniforms and hide among civilians which makes the killing of civilians their fault not Israels.
No doubt the cowards could not be open about their terror. Otherwise they would be easy to kill.

what would you have Israel do- not fight back and let Hamas launch thousands of rockets from neighborhoods and schools and hospitals killing theior people and sit back and do nothing?
Fight back? To attack babies in a virtual prison with no way to escape? That is fighting?
And name me one war where civilians were never collateral damage. America did not fight WW 2 to conquer or gain!
War is bad. The world wars generally targeted military targets, no? One notable exception I can think of was Hiroshima. I think that was evil also.
Do not attempt to make an equality to what Hamas did and what Isarael is doing.

Why not? If a baby and a mom are blown up, who says one bomb is holier than the other?
Hamas started this by intentionally killing civilians.
When you blow up apartment after apartment what are you doing?
Israel, every time it had to go into Gaza to root outr Hamas butchers hiding in the neighborhoods have always sent pre warnings to the Palestinians to leave thise neighborhoods for they were going to go in in force and with bombs. Hamas does not do that!
What good is Israel saying this 'i am telling gaza's people to leave because we will take action everywhere'

They are not allowed over the barbed wire fence! The border crossing was bombed! The sea is closed to them! Their airport was destroyed some time ago! It seems dishonest to say the people in Gaza should 'leave'!!
They pre warned Palestinian people to leave the areas they were going to bomb. If people choose not to- that is their choice and not Israels. they gave people the chance and time to leave teh areas where Hamas bitchers were hiding so as to not get killed when they went after the teeorrists who started this was. Hamas gave no warning or chance for people to leave.
I see no way that residents in all those apartments were warned. Why pretend?
Tell that to Hamas and Hezbollah and Fatah and the IRG who have pledged genocide against Jews!
Why would we need to have every terror outfit all agree with what is the right thing to do?
Israel has no pleasure in the loss of Palestinian civilians, but those same citizens of Palestine will parade in teh streets and hail as heroes the Hamas butchers who mowed down civilians as intentional targets and not the collateral damage that always occurs in war.
Some would do that. Same thing in 911 I hear. So I usually try to understand that they are desperate and have been wronged and many are oppressed and in poverty etc. If those folks cheering evil and terrorism got in trouble, I would actually not mind. The issue here is the population at large. The children and sick and old and innocent.
Remember the Palestinians who die were given a chance to leave the areas Israel said they were going to bomb and shell. Why aren't you doing this same kind of interrogation against the Hamas butchers who burned families alive in their homes, raped and murdered children and women and intentionally slaughtered over 200 people at a music festival? Where is your outrage over those war crimes?

so please spare your faux outrage over Israel and you have yet to write one word agains t the Hamas thugs who started this war!
I just showed how a pretense that they could leave is a cruel joke and a lie.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay let us now put you in command of Israel. what will you do?

Hamas in its constitution calls for genocide of all Jews! to find and kill them wherever they are found. The Hamas soldiers do not identofy themselves with uniforms. They hide in neighborhoods. They launch their rockets onto your innocent civilians from neighborhoods, schools and hospitals.

They crossed your border and before you could fire a single shot at them, they butchered over 700 innocent Israeli citizens. they mowed down 200 unarmed concert goers. they went from house ot house killing families, raping women and children and beheading jewish babies! then many fled across the borders toonce again hide among the neighborhoods.

Your the boss- what are you going to do to once for all end this slaughter of Jewish innocent civilians?

Reactions: teamventure

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay let us now put you in command of Israel. what will you do?

First thing I would do is inform the country that the only way to safety is Jesus. Not only that, but as soon as they accept Him, it will happen! No need for an army. No need to even live in that land now, since Jesus will give it all to you as soon as all Israel is saved! Great news. There is no other way, no other answer. All efforts to use the arm of the flesh are doomed to fail. That would be my advice.

Hamas in its constitution calls for genocide of all Jews! to find and kill them wherever they are found.

OK and that makes it OK to blast apartments full of people? How about asking why they are so weird and fanatical? Look at where and how they live and what they lost. They have reason for anger. How should that be dealt with? By killing hundreds of their children? I think that will just increase the problem
The Hamas soldiers do not identofy themselves with uniforms. They hide in neighborhoods. They launch their rockets onto your innocent civilians from neighborhoods, schools and hospitals.
That is a problem. The solution to that problem is not killing babies.

They crossed your border and before you could fire a single shot at them, they butchered over 700 innocent Israeli citizens. they mowed down 200 unarmed concert goers. they went from house ot house killing families, raping women and children and beheading jewish babies! then many fled across the borders toonce again hide among the neighborhoods.
Yes. Hellish evil. Look at what you said was bad. Killing innocents etc. Does blowing up apartment after apartment seem better to you?
Your the boss- what are you going to do to once for all end this slaughter of Jewish innocent civilians?
I already said the only answer is Jesus. You see, when He brings them back to that land after they believe He will take care of any enemies. He knows how to do it. He did not bring them there yet. So being there naturally will be fraught with problems. It will also lead to the time of Jacob's trouble.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The MO of terrorists is to fire their weapons schools and anywhere children are to use the press against those they are attacking. They attacked Israel first and I think Israel should complete wiping out those people to protect themselves from fulture attacks. With me it is not a question of Biblical Prophecy, it is simply dealing with those who start a war against any nation.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dad, as a nation we already showed how we deal with terrorist in our own nation. Your NY question is a little silly, don't you think.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These scriptures are also the 'Christian position'.
God uses secular authorities to execute judgement on evil. Hamas did not do what is good did they.

Romans 13
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will [a]bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

God is not passive you know. God demonstrates His wrath on those who do- practice evil. This cannot be denied.

So then, give place to the wrath of God, this has it's place in the working of this world. Otherwise, you are opposing God.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. It is fine to kill home invaders that want to rape and kill your family I would think. Self defense. But if you were to get a gang together and go to the neighborhood they live in and blow it all up, that would be something more than self defense.

That is a noble theory. I am not sure it has application in the real world of the middle east today. But I take it you are bringing out what a Christian position would be. The problem is, as I mentioned, that some Israelcentric Christian preachers seem perfectly fine with a massive revenge operation, and even seem eager.

Exodus 22:2-3 ESV / 186 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful​

If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.
Psalm 144:1 ESV / 57 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Of David. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thing I would do is inform the country that the only way to safety is Jesus. Not only that, but as soon as they accept Him, it will happen! No need for an army. No need to even live in that land now, since Jesus will give it all to you as soon as all Israel is saved! Great news. There is no other way, no other answer. All efforts to use the arm of the flesh are doomed to fail. That would be my advice.

OK and that makes it OK to blast apartments full of people? How about asking why they are so weird and fanatical? Look at where and how they live and what they lost. They have reason for anger. How should that be dealt with? By killing hundreds of their children? I think that will just increase the problem

That is a problem. The solution to that problem is not killing babies.

Yes. Hellish evil. Look at what you said was bad. Killing innocents etc. Does blowing up apartment after apartment seem better to you?

I already said the only answer is Jesus. You see, when He brings them back to that land after they believe He will take care of any enemies. He knows how to do it. He did not bring them there yet. So being there naturally will be fraught with problems. It will also lead to the time of Jacob's trouble
You might preach Jesus, but the god of the world has them blinded, and Muslims hate Jesus, do you wonder why? they are controlled by the world. So brainwashed they are, from childhood. Israel did tell people to leave, Palestinians said so themselves. I haven't seen many white flags of surrender yet. 600 have so far. Israel, said if they let the hostages go they could turn on water and let food and aid in. But the people are protecting Hamas. This plague has to stop and Hamas and the Palestinians could end it quickly, but as you can see, they will not give up.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The MO of terrorists is to fire their weapons schools and anywhere children are to use the press against those they are attacking.

Apartment buildings as well?

They attacked Israel first and I think Israel should complete wiping out those people to protect themselves from fulture attacks. With me it is not a question of Biblical Prophecy, it is simply dealing with those who start a war against any nation.
Toddlers? Families?