Since more children and people have been killed by Israel than in the terrorist attack, should they stop?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We should indeed, pray for all.

But most have not perceived all that is happening and has happened. The scriptures do not say, pray for the peace of Israel...but "pray for the peace of Jerusalem." The point being, there is much more going on here than meets the eye.

The modern state of Israel, unbeknownst to many of Jewish descent, is not the same Israel of the Bible...and that is a huge subject (which, because it is, I have started another thread about it). But also, and more importantly, since the scripture actually says to pray for the peace of "Jerusalem" rather than Israel, it should first be understood that the Jerusalem that we are to pray for, was actually not the earthly city, but the heavenly city. Just as Christ referred not to the temple of stone, but to the Temple of His body, the scriptures regarding praying for the peace of Jerusalem, refer rather to the heavenly Jerusalem. Which is to say, pray for the peace of God.

Even so, pray.
I think the New Jerusalem in heaven is OK thank you very much. It would be folks down here that need praying for

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Better question: Why are you defending the attack on Israel?
Try to be truthful. If you read some of the thread you would know there is no question the attack was evil. You are called on the carpet here to explain your apparent justification of mass murder of families.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the New Jerusalem in heaven is OK thank you very much. It would be folks down here that need praying for

"on earth as it is in heaven."

But, no, while yes it is good to pray for flesh and blood--that is not where the real fight is taking place.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to be truthful. If you read some of the thread you would know there is no question the attack was evil. You are called on the carpet here to explain your apparent justification of mass murder of families.
Ditto!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You cannot make the case that this wrath is only at the final judgement....

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”
27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,
The remnant will be saved.
28 For [b]He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness,
Because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth.”
29 And as Isaiah said before:

“Unless the Lord of [c]Sabaoth had left us a seed,
We would have become like Sodom,
And we would have been made like Gomorrah.”

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Point? How does that relate to wiping out apartment after apartment and killing kids in them?
shows israel has a right, obligation to protect itself by use of violence against aggressors.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God fights for TINY Israel! Read the Bible.
No. He only fights for them when they have accepted Jesus. He has not done so for a few thousand years basically. Their history will go off of pause and start again for the last seven years of world history. He then will again deal with them, not fight for them! He only does that after they believe and are saved in the very end. You read the bible.

Reactions: The Learner

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The world is never heaven.

If you do not see the hand of God working--do not be sorry. Pray for those you would pray for, but also include yourself, that He would show you what you do not see.
The point is we do not pray for those in heaven but here. You were wrong.