Sinless Perfection. Why do so many teach against what Jesus taught?

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Well-Known Member
Aug 29, 2017
18,008
8,826
113
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Gender
Female
I had a real devasting realization as i read this . And no it was not what YOU wrote .
IT was this .
You wrote i am a girl the last time i checked . and yet this ever growing many gender fluid generation
had called you a hater . Pretty sad huh .
But allow me to now remind us all . THERE IS ONLY TWO sexes . MALE and FEMALE .
and what GOD created you in the womb IS WHAT YOU ARE to the TOMB . GOD dont make mistakes .
But i assure us all the devil can and the devil will LIE .
Well Amigo...no gender problems here.
I'm ALWAYS a girl !


1791581755268.png
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ProDeo

1stCenturyLady

Well-Known Member
Jun 26, 2018
6,529
2,511
113
79
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
I don't know how you think of it, but the word "office" (Greek - praxis) in new testament is simply the work (function) of a spiritual gift.........it isn't talking about an "official" role in a formally recognized kind of way, but is talking about a spiritual gift and its particular work as opposed to other spiritual gifts.
I just wrote what God said. And I'm not answering the four posts against me that you liked. I didn't. It appears what I said went to deaf ears.
 

1stCenturyLady

Well-Known Member
Jun 26, 2018
6,529
2,511
113
79
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
Believing Paul was in the wrong.......wow that is some slippery slope there. And Episkopos agrees with that. Noted. And I hope others take note as well.
I also don't like how Peter chose Mathias as an Apostle, instead of letting Jesus choose His own Apostles. Paul is who Jesus chose.
 

marks

Well-Known Member
Oct 10, 2018
39,573
25,546
113
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also don't like how Peter chose Mathias as an Apostle, instead of letting Jesus choose His own Apostles. Paul is who Jesus chose.
1 Corinthians 15:3-7 KJV
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6) After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7) After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Paul acknowledged "the twelve", that is, including Matthias.

Much love!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lizbeth

1stCenturyLady

Well-Known Member
Jun 26, 2018
6,529
2,511
113
79
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
1 Corinthians 15:3-7 KJV
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6) After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7) After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Paul acknowledged "the twelve", that is, including Matthias.

Much love!
Interesting. Matthias wasn't bargained for until after Jesus had already asscended when there were still only eleven. Even Judas was dead.
 

Lizbeth

Well-Known Member
Jul 22, 2022
6,851
8,420
113
68
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gender
Female
I also don't like how Peter chose Mathias as an Apostle, instead of letting Jesus choose His own Apostles. Paul is who Jesus chose.
They chose Matthias by lot....which was a way of putting it in God's hands to choose.

I'm not sure most of us are qualified to criticize what the Apostles did....it's above our station. It took another apostle (Paul) to rebuke Peter.
 

marks

Well-Known Member
Oct 10, 2018
39,573
25,546
113
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. Matthias wasn't bargained for until after Jesus had already asscended when there were still only eleven. Even Judas was dead.
Matthias was with them in the group of disciples. This was a requirment for him to be selected. He was a witness to everything that had happened.

Much love!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Well-Known Member
Jul 22, 2022
6,851
8,420
113
68
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gender
Female
I just wrote what God said. And I'm not answering the four posts against me that you liked. I didn't. It appears what I said went to deaf ears.
Sister, there was so much wrong with your post I didn't know where to start. I decided to comment on one thing you mentioned about the office of a teacher, and was going to wait on the Lord for whether or what to say concerning the rest. Amigo tackled one aspect, which I agreed with - it was not four strikes "against" you, so to speak, only one.

If we call anything written by Paul into question then that leaves the entire new testament open to question as potentially not being inspired. Is that what you and Epi believe?