Sinner vs Saint

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. - Colossians 2:8-12.

I remember the early years of sitting and learning. I have to say I had good teachers for the most part but when you are part of a denomination you will be taught or at least around what they teach and believe (that is not all bad). I still have alot of love and respect for them.

But do you remember this one and some of you may still be in it.

The thinking was; now you are a christian you have two nature's or they put it like this; you had a good Dog and a bad Dog that were in a fight and the Dog you fed the most would win. Well that fits the narrative of sin because believers still sin so it is very easy to believe such a simple theory as that, was for me. You ever wonder why you need to read your bible for yourself? That is it right there, do not let someone else do your thinking for you, you must come to conclusions for yourself.

"Study to show yourself approved" the scriptures say.

I had a friend who told me one time "how do you know that just because a thousand people believe something it's true." Why does the larger the group put more of a stamp of approval on something. What makes it different than just a 100 people believing something. I didn't give it much thought at the time but in time those words came flowing back to me in a big way and I could see what he was saying.

So how do we handle a believer when sin happens (sins of the flesh). We understand it is in the mind now not spirit and surely not two dogs fighting.

You only have one nature (God seed Christ) as we have shown. It is the mind that still looks like it has the old man sin nature but it is just a mind thing, a mind issue. You know the adage we use "you only have one problem," that comes from the mind issue. It will be mind and mind only not spirit that you will deal with the rest of your life.

How can a individual start dealing with mind in that kind of capacity? They have to see their completion in Christ (spirit) so they can move on and deal with soul/mind. When you spend all your time trying to stay saved or whatever it is that distracts a believer, you don't have time to work on soul.

Search the scriptures!

Reactions: Pearl

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. - Colossians 2:8-12.

I remember the early years of sitting and learning. I have to say I had good teachers for the most part but when you are part of a denomination you will be taught or at least around what they teach and believe (that is not all bad). I still have alot of love and respect for them.

But do you remember this one and some of you may still be in it.

The thinking was; now you are a christian you have two nature's or they put it like this; you had a good Dog and a bad Dog that were in a fight and the Dog you fed the most would win. Well that fits the narrative of sin because believers still sin so it is very easy to believe such a simple theory as that, was for me. You ever wonder why you need to read your bible for yourself? That is it right there, do not let someone else do your thinking for you, you must come to conclusions for yourself.

"Study to show yourself approved" the scriptures say.

I had a friend who told me one time "how do you know that just because a thousand people believe something it's true." Why does the larger the group put more of a stamp of approval on something. What makes it different than just a 100 people believing something. I didn't give it much thought at the time but in time those words came flowing back to me in a big way and I could see what he was saying.

So how do we handle a believer when sin happens (sins of the flesh). We understand it is in the mind now not spirit and surely not two dogs fighting.

You only have one nature (God seed Christ) as we have shown. It is the mind that still looks like it has the old man sin nature but it is just a mind thing, a mind issue. You know the adage we use "you only have one problem," that comes from the mind issue. It will be mind and mind only not spirit that you will deal with the rest of your life.

How can a individual start dealing with mind in that kind of capacity? They have to see their completion in Christ (spirit) so they can move on and deal with soul/mind. When you spend all your time trying to stay saved or whatever it is that distracts a believer, you don't have time to work on soul.

Search the scriptures!

Great advice sir, no greater thing in my opinion. We as well encourage others to read their Bible every day. Meditate on what you read, see how the verses apply to us personally. Thanks for the post!