Six demons in the girl

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
A person with mental issues can take advantage of any talent they have. Including vocal ones.

It depends on the pathology.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
pom2014 said:
A person with mental issues can take advantage of any talent they have. Including vocal ones.

It depends on the pathology.
It's not talent to starve yourself to death pom. Eph 6:12 NIV For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ATP said:
You're kidding right.
Not at all. You think we are alive right now because we are more powerful then demons...who just may outnumber us?
pom2014 said:
I can change my voice so much you'd swear I was another person.

Its not hard if you apply yourself.
The is much truth to your statement!! I was youtubing posessions all night last night :lol:.

I saw one where the guy is rolling and screaming, then pauses to answer his cell phone. It had me convinced initially... :D
Born_Again said:
I may be wrong so please don't attack my if I am.... But why does it always seem to be Catholics that get possessed? If there are other denominations that have this problem please let me know but it always seems to involve Catholic Priests and such..... Why?

BA
I use to ponder the same. Its just because they document / deal with the issue properly.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, question.... What is the point of possession? I don't see what it accomplishes. Yea, it really hurts the person involved, but there are 7 billion people on earth. What significant impact could that possibly hold? There are radicals out there doing more damage to Christians then 6 demons in one girl..... This is where I become skeptic. And if you were going to try to posses someone, wouldn't they want to aim for a believer. With a non-believer, there was very little needed effort.

Just a few thoughts....

BA

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
Not at all. You think we are alive right now because we are more powerful then demons...who just may outnumber us?
John 8:44 NIV You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 10:10 NIV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
ATP said:
When you say "they" denied her food, are you referring to the demons? Because demons will do that for sure.
No. From what I could tell, the records showed that the priests and parents were the ones who denied her food and water. That's why they were convicted of negligent manslaughter.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
River Jordan said:
No. From what I could tell, the records showed that the priests and parents were the ones who denied her food and water. That's why they were convicted of negligent manslaughter.
I don't think the demons wanted her to eat and drink. I believe she was eating bugs on the ground, from what I read in her book.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ATP said:
John 8:44 NIV You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 10:10 NIV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
and he roams around like a roaring lion looking for whom he can devour.

Many are posessed and do not die from it. Many kids that grow up in wicked homes are likely posessed, but do not die from it.

We are handed over to the devil when all hope of accepting Jesus is gone. This can not ever be the case for a 17 year old girl. God is good.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
God handed Job over to the enemy so that he could prove that Job would glorify faith in God.

Sometimes God allows us to be tried to reveal his glory.

I see things like homosexuality, birth defects and developmental issues as a prime way of showing you can overcome adversity and be a beacon of hope to all.

Showing the glory of God.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:
God handed Job over to the enemy so that he could prove that Job would glorify faith in God.

Sometimes God allows us to be tried to reveal his glory.

I see things like homosexuality, birth defects and developmental issues as a prime way of showing you can overcome adversity and be a beacon of hope to all.

Showing the glory of God.
Job was an adult. She is a kid. Quite a large difference.

Homosexuals are overcomers or ex homosexuals are overcomers?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Seventeen is not a child to God only to modem day man.

And homosexuals that overcome their base nature through keeping with faith glorify God.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
We are handed over to the devil when all hope of accepting Jesus is gone. This can not ever be the case for a 17 year old girl. God is good.
I would disagree. God is good yes, but demons are not. I would submit that the spiritual world got a hold of this girl, simply because she was not born again. To say it was mental illness is like spitting on her grave. This girl went through a hell that the majority of humanity never experiences. Demon possession doesn't care how old you are. Demons do not care about your age. I actually got half way through the book "Hostage to the Devil" and had to put it down. One day I will finish it but not now.

The movie “The Exorcist” was based on a true story from 1949. A boy was diagnosed as being possessed by the devil, and the Roman Catholic Church believed this enough to assign multiple exorcists to this case. A supposed total of 26 people have been said to have witnessed the horrible things that happened during these exorcisms, and it was apparently so terrifying to those who were involved that books were written about it, and movies were made.It is considered today as one of the scariest movies ever made, and so many stories borrow and steal directly from this story that it is hard to see where one begins and another ends. Also, in my experience from the research I have been conducting over the past year or so, the events which unfurl in the story below seem to coincide with what quite a few books also confirm. There is a book, written by a Father Malachi Martin called “Hostage to the Devil“. This is not a ‘questions & answers’ book or a ‘procedural’ book like the other ones I usually quote. This book tells you five stories in extreme detail about five individual cases of possession. These stories all, in some part or another, bear a resemblance to the story told of “R”. So, with that being said…https://diabolicalconfusions.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/the-story-of-r-the-real-life-story-that-inspired-the-exorcist/

Mark 9:14-29 New Living Translation (NLT) / Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy

14 When they returned to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd surrounding them, and some teachers of religious law were arguing with them. 15 When the crowd saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with awe, and they ran to greet him. 16 “What is all this arguing about?” Jesus asked. 17 One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, “Teacher, I brought my son so you could heal him. He is possessed by an evil spirit that won’t let him talk. 18 And whenever this spirit seizes him, it throws him violently to the ground. Then he foams at the mouth and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast out the evil spirit, but they couldn’t do it.” 19 Jesus said to them, “You faithless people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” 20 So they brought the boy. But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth. 21 “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father. He replied, “Since he was a little boy.

22 The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.” 23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” 24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that the crowd of onlookers was growing, he rebuked the evil spirit. “Listen, you spirit that makes this boy unable to hear and speak,” he said. “I command you to come out of this child and never enter him again!” 26 Then the spirit screamed and threw the boy into another violent convulsion and left him. The boy appeared to be dead. A murmur ran through the crowd as people said, “He’s dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet, and he stood up. 28 Afterward, when Jesus was alone in the house with his disciples, they asked him, “Why couldn’t we cast out that evil spirit?” 29 Jesus replied, “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”

- ATP

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:
Seventeen is not a child to God.
Only those 20 and over are accountable.

Numbers 14:29 In this wilderness your bodies will fall--every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me.
ATP said:
Mark 9:14-29 New Living Translation (NLT) / Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy

14 When they returned to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd surrounding them, and some teachers of religious law were arguing with them. 15 When the crowd saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with awe, and they ran to greet him. 16 “What is all this arguing about?” Jesus asked. 17 One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, “Teacher, I brought my son so you could heal him. He is possessed by an evil spirit that won’t let him talk. 18 And whenever this spirit seizes him, it throws him violently to the ground. Then he foams at the mouth and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast out the evil spirit, but they couldn’t do it.” 19 Jesus said to them, “You faithless people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” 20 So they brought the boy. But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth. 21 “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father. He replied, “Since he was a little boy.

22 The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.” 23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” 24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that the crowd of onlookers was growing, he rebuked the evil spirit. “Listen, you spirit that makes this boy unable to hear and speak,” he said. “I command you to come out of this child and never enter him again!” 26 Then the spirit screamed and threw the boy into another violent convulsion and left him. The boy appeared to be dead. A murmur ran through the crowd as people said, “He’s dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet, and he stood up. 28 Afterward, when Jesus was alone in the house with his disciples, they asked him, “Why couldn’t we cast out that evil spirit?” 29 Jesus replied, “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”

- ATP
The parents said the demons were trying to kill their boy. Jesus did not confirm that that they could. We need to face the reality that the boy was not killed. If the demons could kill him, he would be dead. He was just posessed. Jesus's statement at the end there makes an argument for some evil spirits being worse then others.

I have seen the exorcist. Was just as shocking as 'Emily Rose'.

I guess there can be incidents where God does in fact take the child. How evil must parents / friends / themselves be if such spirits felt at home with them. A case of little hope of the spirits staying away (exorcism is only the start of the battle), so God takes the child to be with Him.

I guess we could both be right ^_^.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014

Twenty is only for taxes (debt) and conscription.

Maturity is 12-13 when they are held accountable of the commandments. Talmud set that. At 12-13 they are young adults.

Now modern man puts them between 15 and 21 depending on locality and governmental machinations.

But God led the priesthood to that age from the time of Aaron onwards.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:

Twenty is only for taxes (debt) and conscription.

Maturity is 12-13 when they are held accountable of the commandments. Talmud set that. At 12-13 they are young adults.

Now modern man puts them between 15 and 21 depending on locality and governmental machinations.

But God led the priesthood to that age from the time of Aaron onwards.
Talmud is not scripture. I quoted God. You are becoming guilty of your own accusation my friend. I propose you read Numbers 14.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
The parents said the demons were trying to kill their boy. Jesus did not confirm that that they could. We need to face the reality that the boy was not killed. If the demons could kill him, he would be dead. He was just posessed. Jesus's statement at the end there makes an argument for some evil spirits being worse then others.
Yeah, but that's just one story out of many in history. Jesus just happened to be walking the earth at that time and healed the boy.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
KingJ said:
Talmud is not scripture. I quoted God. You are becoming guilty of your own accusation my friend. I propose you read Numbers 14.
Scripture is all about context. Numbers is not talking about age of maturation.

Scripture should not be bent to fit a personal position, Jerome did that see what happened.

There are no commentaries by scholars and no rabbis, the definitive authorities on the Hebrew Bible, that would identify twenty as coming of maturity or adulthood.

If it were elsewise then mitzvah would be at twenty.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:
Scripture is all about context. Numbers is not talking about age of maturation.

Scripture should not be bent to fit a personal position, Jerome did that see what happened.

There are no commentaries by scholars and no rabbis, the definitive authorities on the Hebrew Bible, that would identify twenty as coming of maturity or adulthood.

If it were elsewise then mitzvah would be at twenty.
I would think Numbers 14:29 reads easily. Can you give me your exegesis please. Do you have any scripture to support your belief?

ATP said:
Yeah, but that's just one story out of many in history. Jesus just happened to be walking the earth at that time and healed the boy.
The example God ordained to include in scripture.