Skepticism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that I will die. "I shall never die" to quote Christ.

I think dying is too horrible. one of my requirements in God that he all powerful and can stop death... and remake you. Like snapping fingers. That reborn thing.

If he can bring u back from ash.. well he can stop you from dying.

Its all based on Faith in him I suppose.

I have see their world. God can make everyone disappear just so his people can talk to you.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="brian100, post: 782666, member: 8900]
I don't believe that I will die. "I shall never die" to quote Christ.
I think dying is too horrible.
[/QUOTE]
Hello @brian100,

Yes, the Bible speaks of death as an enemy. It also says that ,'the soul that sinneth it shall surely die', and as 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God', then all will die. Yet the believer has the hope of resurrection life, so God speaks of Him as 'sleeping', of being, 'asleep in Christ', for his death-state is not permanent.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are u going to Paul or whomever when Jesus said it I will never die in Lazarus scene. Paul is not Jesus.

My theory is Christ died in my place so I will never die. I totally believe that. You do know why I asked you this?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are u going to Paul or whomever when Jesus said it I will never die in Lazarus scene. Paul is not Jesus.
Hello @brian100

'Jesus saith unto her, "Thy brother shall rise again".
Martha saith unto Him, "I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life:

he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me
shall never die.
Believest thou this?"
She saith unto him, "Yea, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ,
the Son of God, which should come into the world."

* How wonderful this is! How blessed Martha was to hear these words from her Lord and Saviour, and how surprised and delighted she must have been. She believed in the resurrection of the dead, which would take place at the last day: but this was something new to her ears.

* Yet there are two states referred to here, shown in the words, 'though he were dead', and 'whosoever liveth and believeth in me'.
* In 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18,we see that when Christ returns, those who are alive and remain to His coming, will be raised to meet the Lord in the air, and therefore will never die. That is the hope that our Lord was giving to Martha.
* If Israel had responded to God's call to repent through Peter, in Acts 3:19-21, then the promise that God would send Jesus back to the earth would have been fulfilled, and the events of 1 Thessalonians 4, would have taken place, but they did not, and the fulfilment of that promise awaits a yet future day.
* The Lord will come into the world, as Martha said, and as 'the Resurrection and the Life' will raise up those who are His at His coming.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

My theory is Christ died in my place so I will never die. I totally believe that. You do know why I asked you this?
Hello @brian100,

I am glad that you believe that Christ died in your place, and that you have the promise of the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus.
No, I don't know why you asked me this.

I am going off-line now, so I will have to read your anticipated reply tomorrow.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simply because so much is false.

Everything must be tested and proven true in line with Scripture, just as the Bereans are well known about, BEFORE accepting it.

There is still a lot of Jesus too, I have heard of uneven legs growing out and leveling, someone missing a finger growing a finger, I have heard of a broken finger straightening out and healing, I have heard of people with feet problems getting healed, I have heard of the blind seeing, I have heard of deaf ears being opened, I have even heard of the dead being raised, there was some woman Evangelist, someone just had died, she hugged the dead person and prayed, and the dead person came back to life. My grandma even had a resurrection story. Her brothers and sisters died because some soothsayer through a curse on them, they thought grandma died too, I think they had her in a basket for 3 days and they heard a cry from that basket, she was alive again, God saved her life, she is still alive now, 91+ and a Christian, she even was captured by the Japanese once and escaped, there was another time, she was a lot older though, this was maybe 15-20 years ago she was having a major operation, dad prayed for her, she saw Jesus waving to her from the window, she made it through, Jesus never gave up on grandma.

Nobody can tell me God doesn't work miracles anymore, nobody can tell me miracles have ceased. God is still around, and will even help in non-Christians lives when they need it most, our God is a gracious God, He will give people many chances, and if He wants to keep someone alive, He will keep them alive.

Mum is also a miracle, she had a miscarriage, lost 6 litres of blood, she had a Christian doctor, and the Christian doctor was praying for her, she survived.

Also my dog was healed from a heart murmur, the vets found a heart murmur, the vets said he had 6 months to live, the Good Friday months after, my dog was very weak, he didn't even want to get up to walk or poo, I prayed and prayed for my dog, miraculously Easter Sunday morning my dog regained strength, he then went on to live to an old age of 15 I think it was, that's even past the average lifespan of that breed of dog, he lived 5 or 6 years longer than the vet said he would.

Praise the Lord.

Our God is a God of miracles, He still can work miracles, they have never ceased. Nobody can tell me otherwise because of experiences and all the wonderful things I have heard around me.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Joseph77 there's a way of testing the spirits and you don't have to rely on head knowledge, you don't even have to go out and physically test something for yourself :rolleyes:, discernment (specifically discerning what is from God and what isn't) is a spiritual gift from God.

Reactions: Rita and historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
testing spirits? Would you recognize a visitation from God messengers? They look like real people.. you can touch. Gods Kingdom looks like what we see here. But when they come you are all alone. That's some mighty power!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is still a lot of Jesus too, I have heard of uneven legs growing out and leveling, someone missing a finger growing a finger, I have heard of a broken finger straightening out and healing, I have heard of people with feet problems getting healed, I have heard of the blind seeing, I have heard of deaf ears being opened, I have even heard of the dead being raised, there was some woman Evangelist, someone just had died, she hugged the dead person and prayed, and the dead person came back to life. My grandma even had a resurrection story. Her brothers and sisters died because some soothsayer through a curse on them, they thought grandma died too, I think they had her in a basket for 3 days and they heard a cry from that basket, she was alive again, God saved her life, she is still alive now, 91+ and a Christian, she even was captured by the Japanese once and escaped, there was another time, she was a lot older though, this was maybe 15-20 years ago she was having a major operation, dad prayed for her, she saw Jesus waving to her from the window, she made it through, Jesus never gave up on grandma.

Nobody can tell me God doesn't work miracles anymore, nobody can tell me miracles have ceased. God is still around, and will even help in non-Christians lives when they need it most, our God is a gracious God, He will give people many chances, and if He wants to keep someone alive, He will keep them alive.

Mum is also a miracle, she had a miscarriage, lost 6 litres of blood, she had a Christian doctor, and the Christian doctor was praying for her, she survived.

Also my dog was healed from a heart murmur, the vets found a heart murmur, the vets said he had 6 months to live, the Good Friday months after, my dog was very weak, he didn't even want to get up to walk or poo, I prayed and prayed for my dog, miraculously Easter Sunday morning my dog regained strength, he then went on to live to an old age of 15 I think it was, that's even past the average lifespan of that breed of dog, he lived 5 or 6 years longer than the vet said he would.

Praise the Lord.

Our God is a God of miracles, He still can work miracles, they have never ceased. Nobody can tell me otherwise because of experiences and all the wonderful things I have heard around me.

Good testimony. Our canon, who went home to the Lord was a missionary at one point and went to Africa. He went to a Church service and a family brought a dead lady in and prayed over her and she walked out.

I was younger and got the flu and got dehydrated, my mom and dad took me to the hospital and they gave me medicine but I wasn't getting better. My mom went to Church and they all prayed for me, when she came home I was sitting up and eating a sandwich that mt dad fixed me. I just all of sudden felt better I remember and I went to school the nex day and the that afternoon I went to the Doctor and he told my parents that there was nothing wrong with me.

Reactions: Josho

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do u need to test a spirit? I now know God peoples are not ghosts, but have real physical bodies like us.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do u need to test a spirit? I now know God peoples are not ghosts, but have real physical bodies like us.

1 John 4:1-6

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

You should go watch post #49 in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal thread

Not every spirit is from God. There are angels and demons, visions and dreams from God and there are visions and dreams from the Devil, signs and wonders from God, signs and wonders from the Devil, and then there is "in the flesh." When you happen to see what the world calls "a ghost," it's not always an angel, demons are very real too and sometimes they can even dress up as angels of light, the Devil is the deceiver.

Never go to anyone for spiritual direction that does not follow Jesus, this means do not go to new age healers, do not go to witchdoctors, do not go to fortune tellers, do not go to spirit guides, do not to go warlocks, do not go to witches, do not go to sorcerers, do not go to shamans, do not go to palm readers, do not go to tarot card readers, do not go to pagans for spiritual advice, for many of these people operate under the demonic, but they themselves may not be aware of it, they may have good intentions, but it will do people more harm, yes there are fakes too that operate in the flesh, and will lie and rip people off.

The only people/beings you should be going to for spiritual advice or direction is the God the Father, Jesus the Son, the Spirit of God the Holy Spirit, that's the Holy Trinity, and you can also go to those that follow Jesus, preferably those who have a stronger relationship with Jesus.

But always remember God's supernatural power is better than the lesser powers of darkness.

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the spirit? Ghost? or do you normally refer to people as ghosts? I'm not calling any spirits..

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you guys get tangled up in spirit scriptures? Being a ghost is the worst punishment I think.. bodiless .. can't even touch your body.

Oh you mean this? :(

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is the spirit? Ghost? or do you normally refer to people as ghosts? I'm not calling any spirits..

Brian we will continue to discuss this later, but I need to get back to work, but it's important to know the difference what is from God and what is not from God.

Maybe @Heart2Soul can tell you more, if she comes on. But this is very important to understand.

Reactions: Pisteuo