Skepticism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But skepticism/doubt about modern day genuine Jesus signs and miracles isn't great. That type of skepticism is what I would expect from an atheist.

How can Christians preach a Living Gospel, if they do not believe that Jesus still heals, still delivers, still gives prophecy, He still talks to us as Christians, still gives dreams and visions.

It's so important that we believe that the Holy Spirit can still do the supernatural, it's the supernatural power of Jesus that gets many people saved.
You are quite mistaken and can offer no scriptural support for your assertions.
You can only offer the same kind of false ideas Brian is offering, not much difference.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you make a short list of what religion is all lies.
I have no beef with any one religion, nor any one individual, it's their "doctrine". why need a list? just look at some of the topic here on this fourm.

for me, the biggest one on a list, "if one would exist" would be "the trinity". for more are brainwashed under that form of doctrine than any other, and hear me out, it's not their fault ... totally. only a few changes needed and the other doctrines will fall into place, so no list is needed. get the engine right the caboose will follow.

PICJAG.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are quite mistaken and can offer no scriptural support for your assertions.
You can only offer the same kind of false ideas Brian is offering, not much difference.

Okay then, so how can you preach a living Gospel, if you believe that miracles from Jesus have ceased?

Why should people practicing witchcraft have more power than Christians?

Don't you think they would get more people converted to witchcraft, if Christians didn't believe in the power of God?

There is a reason why many people have turned into the new age, witchcraft spiritual direction. That's a reason why the world needs to see the power of God, so they won't turn to the wrong spiritual direction, so that they won't chase after other spirits that are not of God. The world needs to see the Holy Spirit at work in the lives of Christians. It will help many turn to God.

Reactions: Helen

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho,

Hello, Josho I do not think we have interacted before. As you might suspect I would be identified as one who would be known as a cessationist.
Let's take a look and see where we can and do agree, then see where we differ.
In the OP. You said this:

To the cessationists it's time to believe in the supernatural.

Cessationists do believe in the supernatural. God is supernatural, saving faith is supernatural. We also believe what God says what he will and will not do.

Josho....what is your understanding of the position of the cessationist?

Okay then, so how can you preach a living Gospel, if you believe that miracles from Jesus have ceased?

Josho, We are to establish the truth of God by the preaching and teaching of scripture. Scripture us the living word of God;
Heb4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

12 For the word of God is living and effective

gar ho logos ho theos zaō kai energēs

Why should people practicing witchcraft have more power than Christians?

They do not have more power.

Don't you think they would get more people converted to witchcraft, if Christians didn't believe in the power of God?

Not at all. Salvation is of the Lord Josho. God is going to seek and save every person He has purposed to save. Not one person that Jesus came to save will be lost.

There is a reason why many people have turned into the new age, witchcraft spiritual direction.
Yes.
Paul tells us about the root of such sins;
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

That's a reason why the world needs to see the power of God, so they won't turn to the wrong spiritual direction, so that they won't chase after other spirits that are not of God.

Josho, I understand why you might suggest these things but in time I think I can show from scripture another point of view that you might not have heard correctly presented.
If we agree that would be fine, and if we do not agree at least you will understand why the historic church has believed.

The world needs to see the Holy Spirit at work in the lives of Christians. It will help many turn to God.

Yes, here we agree.
2 Corinthians 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you are doing is taking scriptures out of context and jumbo jammering it.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you mock Jesus like that? Oh you are a son of Abraham? He was a Jewish actor hired to play Jesus.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The hippie, is not Jesus.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, Oh I understand now.

Moses said I 'am (the Christ) many centuries prior to Jesus.. and now it echos thru all time. I wreck you with one sentence.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, Oh I understand now.

Moses said I 'am (the Christ) many centuries prior to Jesus.. and now it echos thru all time. I wreck you with one sentence.

Where do you think Moses said that?

God said that to Moses here;
Ex.3
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Then Jesus who is God said it.
jn8
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Brian,You seem very sincere.
As a Roman Catholic, I had never read a bible. We used a "Saint Josephs Missal.
I did not read a bible until my early 20's.
God saved me then. It might help you also to take some time to read the scriptures

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at 4 min I 'am (the Christ) has sent me. Jews are so blind to it.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The miraculous medal is one way to get graces from God. But nobody here has ever heard of it.

two-hearts-undivided.jpg

2 hearts in heaven... with right faith God will send you your True Love so you can believe. Without love u won't like it anywhere. A Mommy love won't do. People stop believing when life goes down the drain... and if life goes up like Lazarus.. a camel will enter heaven before him.

HaHaHaHa!!!

Magic trinkets, witches on broomsticks, and even far eastern pagan rosaries!! What next!! ?? Giggle!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my miraculous medal from my Saviors mother. Its very special to me.

Skeptics are like blind bats.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians we are meant to be men and women of Faith in Jesus, we are meant to believe that Jesus can still work supernatural miracles through believers by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit lives in us Christians, as Christians we are temples of the Holy Spirit.

God has done many miracles for me. God is in the miracle working business

Reactions: Josho

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my miraculous medal from my Saviors mother. Its very special to me.

Skeptics are like blind bats.

I am sorry there are idiots like the guy who said that. I have a St. Christoper medal and a St. Micheal prayer cardmy wife gave me and is special to me

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Na its okay.. people make themselves into fools when they find out Jesus own Mother gave that to me.