Sleeping and dreaming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sleep is often referred to as "the cousin of death" but i love sleep... It recharges our minds and bodies

But deep in our minds there is this conscious that doesn't want to sleep. This little mini me that prefers to stay awake all night playing out its own peculiar life in dreams.
Who is this other part of me? Could it be my soul or spirit? Could it just be killing time because it needs no sleep?

I like science. Real science that is.
But science has no real explanation to what dreams are or why we dream at all...
Science has identified many different types of sleeping conditions like sleep walking, sleep hallucinations and many others but don't really know much more about them.

What do u guys think? Give me your thoughts.
Is there a spiritual connection in dreams?
Can they mean anything?
Why do we dream at all?
Tell us about some of your dreams and what you think they might mean

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I love sleeping too. Sometimes I have dreams but not as often as I had in the past....

I recently dreamt [3 days ago] that I was somewhere on a hilltop, overlooking a city, near some kind of observatory.
It was in the evening and you could make out the lights of that city. In my dream I saw a white O shape appear in the night sky directly in front of me with the city still visible in the background. This letter O appeared to be written with the stokes that one may attribute to someone using a paint brush. The letter O then turned sideways and now it just looked like a white vertical line in the night sky. Then it disappeared completely.

Immediately after that, I could see a very faint smudge mark where the paint stroke was previously and that smudge mark dropped down to the ground. It was difficult to see that smudge in the sky but it reminded me a little of looking at a glass plate through a microscope with some faint material on that plate like in a lab situation. Then it [smudge] dropped down in front of the dark horizon.

I have a fair idea of what God is saying in this dream. If you want to add any revelations. Please feel free....

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love sleeping too. Sometimes I have dreams but not as often as I had in the past....

I recently dreamt [3 days ago] that I was somewhere on a hilltop, overlooking a city, near some kind of observatory.
It was in the evening and you could make out the lights of that city. In my dream I saw a white O shape appear in the night sky directly in front of me with the city still visible in the background. This letter O appeared to be written with the stokes that one may attribute to someone using a paint brush. The letter O then turned sideways and now it just looked like a white vertical line in the night sky. Then it disappeared completely.

Immediately after that, I could see a very faint smudge mark where the paint stroke was previously and that smudge mark dropped down to the ground. It was difficult to see that smudge in the sky but it reminded me a little of looking at a glass plate through a microscope with some faint material on that plate like in a lab situation. Then it [smudge] dropped down in front of the dark horizon.

I have a fair idea of what God is saying in this dream. If you want to add any revelations. Please feel free....

Oh... You stopped... Please give me your interpretation of your dream

They say we are always dreaming when we are asleep but we only remember the ones we were having before waking up

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone ever experienced sleep walking? Or any parasomnias like sleep hallucinations, sleep paralysis and such? Anything?

How about reoccurring dreams? They say most people have these...
Some examples are being naked in public, having your teeth fall out or the ones i have which is heavy or slow movement...

Sometimes im being chased by something and im running in slow motion like my legs are heavy, sometimes im in public and im moving slowly...
Also my damn brakes always fail when im driving in my dreams... Why... My brakes are fine

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some examples are being naked in public, having your teeth fall out or the ones i have which is heavy or slow movement...
LOL.... Having your teeth fall out.... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking of losing your dentures... I knew a lady whose dog ATE her dentures... OH man... she stayed home for the entire month it took the denturist to make her new teeth.

I guess this is off topic... but you LIKE that about me.... I'm random...LOL

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL.... Having your teeth fall out.... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking of losing your dentures... I knew a lady whose dog ATE her dentures... OH man... she stayed home for the entire month it took the denturist to make her new teeth.

I guess this is off topic... but you LIKE that about me.... I'm random...LOL

Ahahaha her dentures must have tasted good...
Do u remember your dreams?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do u remember your dreams?
Not usually.... I was on a medication once and one of the side effects was nightmares... The
dreams were not always nightmares... but they were VIVID.... I don't pay attention to dreams.
I consider them to be my brain watching a movie during the night... LOL

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not usually.... I was on a medication once and one of the side effects was nightmares... The
dreams were not always nightmares... but they were VIVID.... I don't pay attention to dreams.
I consider them to be my brain watching a movie during the night... LOL

But is your brain watching the movie or playing in the movie???
I feel like im in the movie, not just watching it

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is so much about sleep and dreams that we don't know...
I reckon there is a spiritual connection that we cannot fully comprehend...

Reactions: lforrest

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But is your brain watching the movie or playing in the movie???
I feel like im in the movie, not just watching it
It's definitely an experience of FEELING like I'm in it.... somehow... but it's rarely me in it... Just something happening.
I'm sure dreams have a whole psychology behind it... but I sleep to FORGET.... I sleep to REST... and I have used sleep to
have a reprieve from pain.... so maybe I am not as curious as the normal person about what happens when we dream.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never remember my dreams….but I do believe that some people do hear from God in theirs.My son asked me if I dream in black and white or colour…….I can never answer him as I haven’t got a clue.
I know certain dreams , like teeth falling out, are meant to mean something if they recur. Also the dreams where you have a little body but your head is out of proportion. Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dream in color ....in fact, last night, I dreamed about a rusty red/tannish dog.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't dream much, that I remember. The last one I recall, I was in an underground cavern that was about the size of a living room. There was a mist on the ground. On a ledge on the far side of the room was an Ankylosaurus. It seemed like it was a real memory.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've dreamed a lot about crawling through underground caves and caverns, with a sense of urgency like I was trying to escape. As a child, I also dreamed about standing out front of my parents' house at night, under the streetlight.
It seemed like if I believed, I could levitate up into the air. Sometimes I could remember looking down onto the streetlight. Then I'd dream about flying through the night sky and ending up at Lake Ontario.
There was a place called St. Laurence Cement. Ocean freighters would line up alongside conveyer belts and unload their loads of rocks, sand, whatever was needed to make cement. These conveyor belts would move the materials to large piles.
Anyway, in my childhood dreams, once I'd reach these piles, I'd turn and fly into them and as I got close to the material, it would open up, as though there was a force coming from me that was forcing the material aside, in a circle. Like it was making an entrance into the ground.
The dream always ended there. I had many of these dreams throughout my childhood. I lived in fear because of my dreams. I think I've talked about this enough for now.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dream in color ....in fact, last night, I dreamed about a rusty red/tannish dog.
That fascinates me because I have no awareness ….my son says he dreams in colour as well. Perhaps my brain is wired differently …..or perhaps I simply do not have any recall when I wake up.
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about lucid dreams...

Lucid dreams are when you know that you're dreaming while you're asleep. You're aware that the events flashing through your brain aren't really happening. But the dream feels vivid and real. You may even be able to control how the action unfolds, as if you're directing a movie in your sleep...

Ive had some of these. Usually their not pleasant. In my dream i end up on my knees gorilla punching the ground yelling "WAKE UP WAKE UP"
It usually works and i wake up... LoL...

Iv had sleep hallucinations but i sound like a looney tune when i describe it so i'll just skip it unless there is anyone else that has parasomnias

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My children have experience sleep paralysis where you see things, your partially awake, but cannot move …..they can be quite frightening. They never had them as children only as adults. These can be triggered by stress and anxiety

Reactions: DuckieLady

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sleep is often referred to as "the cousin of death" but i love sleep... It recharges our minds and bodies

But deep in our minds there is this conscious that doesn't want to sleep. This little mini me that prefers to stay awake all night playing out its own peculiar life in dreams.
Who is this other part of me? Could it be my soul or spirit? Could it just be killing time because it needs no sleep?

I like science. Real science that is.
But science has no real explanation to what dreams are or why we dream at all...
Science has identified many different types of sleeping conditions like sleep walking, sleep hallucinations and many others but don't really know much more about them.

What do u guys think? Give me your thoughts.
Is there a spiritual connection in dreams?
Can they mean anything?
Why do we dream at all?
Tell us about some of your dreams and what you think they might mean

Personally, I believe...
God "CREATES", molds, forms the BODY...
* Brain, that does not think.
* Ears, that do not hear.
* Eyes, that do not see.
* Nose, that does not smell.
* Mouth, that does not speak.
* Flesh, that does not feel touch.

**** DOES NOT ****
UNTIL... the Lord God BLOWS HIS Breath of Life, via a SOUL, which BRINGS His "CREATED" man-kind of formed body...by HIS Power;
"MADE" INTO A LIVING formed BODY.

Key understanding...TWO Different things:
God "CREATES"...and then "MAKES" something 'different' APPLY to His created things.

God "CREATES"...then "MAKES" His Mankind Creations ...Alive...Dead...Saved... ...Alive....Unsaved...Dead

God "CREATES"...then "GIVETH"...then "TAKETH" away...then "GIVETH" ...then "TAKETH" away...

The KEY IS...understanding...(according to Gods Way and Understanding)...
HOW TO "LAND IN"...the "CYCLE"...OF "RECEIVING" LIFE from God...
THAT IS NEVER TAKEN AWAY :)

* Mans LIFE, is blood. It continues flowing WHILE you Sleep.
* Gods LIFE, in a man, IS Gods Breath, SOUL, eyes see, ears hear, nose smells, etc.
WHILE you Sleep...SOUL, eyes still can see, nose still can smell, ears can still smell, flesh can still feel, etc. It SHALL depart out from the Body. The body cease living. The soul continue living...waiting for judgement.
* Gods LIFE, in a man FOREVER, IS Gods SPIRIT, in that man.

A Phenomenal mystery of God...He has revealed the Understanding thereof. :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I believe there is a connection with the spiritual. GOD can author dreams, but so can other spirits, even oneself.

In God's dreams One is like a participant, but you follow a script acting as yourself.

I have had dreams where I became lucid, but they are usually near an end when that happens. I've even had a God dream where I became lucid and worried the whole time I would somehow corrupt the message. Otherwise I just enjoy the dream, carrying it through to completion.

I've drempt of things, and some of them I saw the following day.

I remember a conversation with Jesus where I was told something personal, and was permitted to remember it for my encouragement.

I used to have repetitive themes in dreams. Not so often anymore.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious if anyone here has ever had recurring dreams of buildings with lots of stairs, sideways and upside down stairs, etc?