Smoke Screens?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If a person KNOWS GOD in a saving way (not just with the mind, but with the heart)
he still needs scripture but not to be "saved".

I've learned a lot from the bible...
but AFTER I was saved, so those passages that teach salvation are not needed for ME, but they do come in handy for witnessing.

Capisci?
Haven't bothered with that Naive thingy yet, huh GG? Ah, but you've been gone i guess. You might search it onsite. I don't wanna come back to this thread, ok?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Works are the result of a living faith. They do not save us in and of themselves but they are the only true evidence of a real salvation.

Because the Lord has called us to love, not in word or in tongue only, but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:17-18).

But we do not obtain the love of the Lord by doing some good work; like giving five dollars or even five million dollars to the poor.

Rather, we obtain the love of the Lord by believing on Christ (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5).

Then we will give to the poor as the Lord leads us (or whatever other work that He has prepared beforehand for us to walk in) because of that love dwelling in our hearts; and because it is not an esoteric but a practical love.
ok.
But you DO give to the poor, right?
So that's a work...
so why does this have to be debated continually??

Hebrews 13:16
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In my opinion, God wants us to trust in what His Son did on the cross. That is the message Jesus gave to Paul.
If we've already been judged...
could you please explain
John 5:28-29
dont hold your breath k, he can't even hear you, should be pretty obvious at this point?

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Haven't bothered with that Naive thingy yet, huh GG? Ah, but you've been gone i guess. You might search it onsite. I don't wanna come back to this thread, ok?
Why don't you want to come back?
I can't search stuff from the past....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why don't you want to come back?
I can't search stuff from the past....
Bc i been around this track enough, many, many laps, and we could as easily goto the very first thread HR ever posted for the ezack same "convo" is why ok. And wadr you can't only Bc you won't, its right up there top right, on every page here ok

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Bc i been around this track enough, many, many laps, and we could as easily goto the very first thread HR ever posted for the ezack same "convo" is why ok. And wadr you can't only Bc you won't, its right up there top right, on every page here ok
Gotcha.
But I don't speak to him too much...
but we should because the reasoning is wrong and those
reading along should know this.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Cor 6:11
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
NKJV

If a person is sanctified by their works then how much is enough

Agree.
The only 'works' of 'ours' which will be worth anything...is the work of on Believing Him. JOHN 6:29 "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” ( Continually)

The only works in us and through us, in this lifetime of ours, which have His fingerprints all over them ( not our own good idea's of , "I'll take a pie to the lady up the street ". ) are the works of life which will stand the test of fire, on That Day.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Agree.
The only 'works' of 'ours' which will be worth anything...is the work of on Believing Him. JOHN 6:29 "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” ( Continually)

The only works in us and through us, in this lifetime of ours, which have His fingerprints all over them ( not our own good idea's of , "I'll take a pie to the lady up the street ". ) are the works of life which will stand the test of fire, on That Day.
But what are these works ??
If the lady up the street is hungry,,,she would appreciate the pie.

John 6:29 says that the work of God is to believe in His Son.
Believe means to do as the Son taught.
What do you think Jesus taught in those years of ministry?

Please explain the different types of works....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion, God wants us to trust in what His Son did on the cross. That is the message Jesus gave to Paul.

That's sort of like a first step. But we have to believe ALL that He said. We have to GROW in trust. So...I believe He died to make a way back to God for me. But Jesus said many things. Some of them I believe right away and some of them I struggle to believe. Its a race to believe Him more and trust Him more.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we've already been judged...
could you please explain
John 5:28-29

What else could John say since they were still under the law of Moses? According to Paul people in this age of God's grace will be judged by his gospel of grace, not by the works of the law.

If in their works of the flesh, what ever they may be, or in Jesus' work on the cross where He, Jesus, paid for their sins of the flesh. If Jesus paid for them then why do people not believe it?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe we are progressively sanctified by our works over time.

No, we are progressively sanctified (or completely sanctified) by grace (whether over time or as a one-time deal, depending on the person).

But according to the scripture below the children of God "WERE" (that means in the past) washed, sanctified, justified, by the Holy Spirit; not by the works of man.

In the practical sense.

But we DO save ourselves by our works.

Not a chance.

THIS teaching of yours, CAN bring a person to lose their salvation if they listen to what you teach.
It's heretical...it was never taught in the church that BELIEF ALONE saves.

What @H. Richard is preaching is sound doctrine for the most part...and will lead a person into the salvation that they need.

Romans 4:6 is clear that the salvation and righteousness of God is imputed to us apart from works.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else could John say since they were still under the law of Moses? According to Paul people in this age of God's grace will be judged by his gospel of grace, not by the works of the law.

If in their works of the flesh, what ever they may be, or in Jesus' work on the cross where He, Jesus, paid for their sins of the flesh. If Jesus paid for them then why do people not believe it?

They believe it to a point, I think, but then they see a fracture in there also, and they're trying to address that fracture they dimly see.

Yes, sins forgiven, check. Holy Spirit given, check. Go and sin no more, ch-....what...?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

John 6:29 says that the work of God is to believe in His Son.
Believe means to do as the Son taught.
What do you think Jesus taught in those years of ministry?

Please explain the different types of works....

The works of God are the works that come from God Himself.

Just think. By what you are saying is like saying ...everyone could use a pie therefore I will take everyone a pie. Very noble, but it is not 'from God' which are the works of the kingdom...your 'good deed' is just that, but it does not count as a work of God unless He woke you up in the morning and said -
"Fran, take a pie along to Mrs Anybody at number 39 up the street."

Now that would be a work of God...God inspired.
Much of our works are 'good and noble ideas', but not God breathed.

If Jesus did things how you are saying...then He would not have only healed ONE man at the Pool Of Bethesda. It could have said to Himself..."ALL of them need healing, so "I" will heal them all. ( ie , pie for everyone)

No, Jesus said- "I only do what I see My Father doing".

There is a difference.
Only the works that God has spoken for us to do, will have any virtue.
Some works are just 'dead works', and will vanish on That Day.........some are 'good works' and abide the test of Fire.

Some will be - wood , hay and stubble ( our own dead works ) and some will be - gold silver and precious stones = His works through us.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Gotcha.
But I don't speak to him too much...
but we should because the reasoning is wrong and those
reading along should know this.
Ya, i understand, and i fall into that myself. But GG people who are looking for a get out of jail free card need to spend some time in HRs hell, i guess, and they will not hear you either i bet. Let the dead bury the dead imo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok.
But you DO give to the poor, right?
So that's a work...
so why does this have to be debated continually??

Because you are not going to save yourself by doing good works.

Therefore, you who are justified by your works must bring to the lady up the street a pie if you are going to be saved...and if you don't, you will miss out on salvation (see James 4:17).

And a number of other things that God may require of you that you may not be aware of because you are not listening to Him 24/7.

Reactions: Helen