So, are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and by his stripes we are healed.

Ezekiel 41:17 To that above the door, even unto the Holy of Holies, and without, and by all the wall round about within and without, by measure.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins: else the wineskins break, and the wine runneth out, and the wineskins perish: but they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
Ok I fully agree changes, what are you claiming?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Westcott & Hort are in the lineage of translation from the Alexandrian Text Type

The vast majority of new translations, NIV, NASB, ESV, RSV, Catholic Bible, Etc follow the (Novum Testamentum Graece) "Created" by Adulterers Kurt and Barbara Aland, and Homosexual union supporter, Jesuit roman catholic cardinal (Carlo Maria Martini)

Many are unaware of the foundation in the new translations, to be found in the figures mentioned above

(Kurt Aland) divorced his wife Ingeborg, and ran off with and married his college student (Barbara Nee Ehlers), being 22 years her senior (Adultery)

Did God use the figures mentioned above, to preserve his words in a greek text named (Novum Testamentum Graece)?
So because Kurt Aland sinned, he could not perform his job? "He who is without sin cast the first stone."
So is this a KJV only group of Christians in this thread? Okay, I'll be leaving after this.
It is a futile argument. I use KJV, but would rather modern English in the NKJV. I also use NASB, YLT, and others. I do think KJV had many errors that have been corrected. It was revised 3x since 1611 with 100,000 changes! IF it was so accurate, why the corrections? Martin Luther's German translation a hundred years prior to the KJV.

Ruth Graham said she had some 20 version's of the Bible and "they all say the same thing"! The differences are maybe .5% and don't effect any doctrines.
I just think more people enjoy and understand reading modern English versions. I actually didnt know anything about which version to buy nefore I was a Christian, 30 years ago and picked up a Paraphrased Amplified version. I think it was called "The Book"? I was saved while reading through that.
Many are saved by reading any of the various Bible versions.
IF salvation was exclusive to the KJV only _ lol _ then your arguements would hold water.

Btw, about Rom. 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." KJV
Do things work together by themselves as in some natural process or cosmic force, like gravity, things just come together for the best? That can be confusing to an unbeliever or a new convert. I know it is implied that God is the causal force. So why not say what it actually means?
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." NASB
I like that better.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But our King James hasn't been changed or edited for content. At least not by a human editor or revisionist. It is supernatural. No other explanation...
Ok get it, I haven't really studied the subject nor do I denounce your claim

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because Kurt Aland sinned, he could not perform his job? "He who is without sin cast the first stone."
So is this a KJV only group of Christians in this thread? Okay, I'll be leaving after this.
It is a futile argument. I use KJV, but would rather modern English in the NKJV. I also use NASB, YLT, and others. I do think KJV had many errors that have been corrected. It was revised 3x since 1611 with 100,000 changes! IF it was so accurate, why the corrections? Martin Luther's German translation a hundred years prior to the KJV.

Ruth Graham said she had some 20 version's of the Bible and "they all say the same thing"! The differences are maybe .5% and don't effect any doctrines.
I just think more people enjoy and understand reading modern English versions. I actually didnt know anything about which version to buy nefore I was a Christian, 30 years ago and picked up a Paraphrased Amplified version. I think it was called "The Book"? I was saved while reading through that.
Many are saved by reading any of the various Bible versions.
IF salvation was exclusive to the KJV only _ lol _ then your arguements would hold water.

Btw, about Rom. 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." KJV
Do things work together by themselves as in some natural process or cosmic force, like gravity, things just come together for the best? That can be confusing to an unbeliever or a new convert. I know it is implied that God is the causal force. So why not say what it actually means?
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." NASB
I like that better.
Ron not trying to beat on you or anyone, just brought forth truth in the foundations of the new translations being in Adulterers and a Homosexual Union Supporter, many are unaware of this truth

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just think more people enjoy and understand reading modern English versions.
Or are today's people like Origen who said In his allegorical exegesis, "did God really say this?" or "were the apostles actually educated enough to tell us what Jesus really meant?". Origen did start this mess we have to day by the way...

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our are today's people like Origen who said In his allegorical exegesis, "did God really say this?" or "were the apostles actually educated enough to tell us what Jesus really meant?". Origen did start this mess we have to day by the way...
Im fully aware of the history on the Alexandrian text, and Origens part in its creation

Origen was a heretic, that supported the concept that Jesus was not flesh (Antichrist) Arius followed in his footsteps

They would be considered modern day JW's in denial that Jesus is God

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im fully aware of the history on the Alexandrian text, and Origens part in its creation

Origen was a heretic, that supported the concept that Jesus was not flesh (Antichrist) Arius followed in his footsteps

They would be considered modern day JW's in denial that Jesus is God
Precisely.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and by his stripes we are healed.

Ezekiel 41:17 To that above the door, even unto the Holy of Holies, and without, and by all the wall round about within and without, by measure.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins: else the wineskins break, and the wine runneth out, and the wineskins perish: but they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

Corn was not discovered until Columbus brought it back from the new world, yet the KJV translation of wheat has changed to corn. for example:
Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards. (Isaiah 36:17, KJV)

Here is what the Wycleffe translation which predates Columbus has: 17 till I come, and take away you to a land which is as your land; to a land of wheat and of wine, to a land of loaves and of vineries. (Isaiah36:17, WYC)

So In Matthew 12:1, do you remember Jesus' disciples picking corn or wheat? At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. (Matthew 12:1)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely.
If it's not too personal, just curious on the baptist landscape in Tennessee?

Parson, are you a denominational baptist pastor tied into provisions of a house, salary, pension?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More a historic Baptist, with no fetters whatsoever. Why do you ask?
Nice to see no fetters are on you

Many baptist in the S/W are tied to denominational contracts, salries, houses, pensions, etc

It's my opinion this restricts truth, keeps those in line to denominational teaching, any deviation and your cut off

I'm post tribulation, no Millennium, and shared my position with a baptist pastor and he fully agreed neither a pre-trib rapture or literal millennium on earth existed in scripture, but couldn't teach this truth because of his denominational contract in fear of losing it all