So, are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice to see no fetters are on you

Many baptist in the S/W are tied to denominational contracts, salries, houses, pensions, etc
It's my opinion this restricts truth, keeps those in line to denominational teaching, any deviation and your cut off
I'm post tribulation, no Millennium, and shared my position with a baptist pastor and he fully agreed neither a pre-trib rapture or literal millennium on earth existed in scripture, but couldn't teach this truth because of his denominational contract in fear of losing it all
When did these churches start acting like protestants?
As far as your eschatology, it's no never mind to me. There's so many diverse beliefs of the last times, that it's become a non issue with me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did these churches start acting like protestants?
As far as your eschatology, it's no never mind to me. There's so many diverse beliefs of the last times, that it's become a non issue with me.
Yep, fundamental baptist with contracts, salaries, houses, pensions

Eschatology not a matter of salvation, but a possibilty of future deception

Many believe and teach Jesus is returning physically to earth, taking a throne of David in Jerusalem, to start a Millennium on earth with mortal humans present?

This will be the future Antichrist

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, fundamental baptist with contracts, salaries, houses, pensions

Eschatology not a matter of salvation, but a possibilty of future deception
Many believe and teach Jesus is returning physically to earth, taking a throne of David in Jerusalem, to start a Millennium on earth with mortal humans present?
This will be the future Antichrist
I won't be one to debate that my friend. At least not today.
Fundy Baptists under contract. Now that's something to ponder on. I admire our fundy brethren here because of their tenacious belief in the preserved word. I don't share their belief in dispensationalism however. I can't put God in a box...

Reactions: Truth7t7

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But corn was a word used at that time for grains. And that doesn't make a hill of beans to the OP.
Did You look at the Wycleffe for the verses you posted? Wineskins/Bottles, The verse from Ezekiel? Do You remember the disciples picking wheat when they were hungry on the sabbath or corn? I remember wheat..... It is wheat that is threshed on the threshing floor, not the "cornfloor".

What would be the purpose of these sorts of changes? The Land of corn and wine can be seen as different than the land of wheat and wine.... Corn and wine is pointing to the U.S.A. Wheat and wine to the old world. What I am pointing out is not Mandella effect stuff, but a bias built in to the KJV which few people see, which is anglo in origin.... hence the King James version. My Parents and i are Bi-lingual and we read a different language Bible in the Home, My Parents would often speak of this bias in the translations used in the churches in the U.S. This influences how and where we view our eschatology and interpretations of Eschatology. All translations have these built in biases that we need to understand. The KJV is monarchial todays "modern versions" more "democratic" but all have a bias that must be considered. I Pointed you to the Wycleffe translation because this goes to before Columbus to show this to you, before the "new world" influence on the old world.

I Hope you see the what I am getting at here? Each translation has its own bias from the culture from which it was derived in, which drives the direction of the eschatology in particular. To find the truth, one must consider the bias of each translation. What we are seeing is a large segment of the church falling into the KJV only crowd, and others into the "modern versions" crowd, I am saying we need rise above this to the truth of the Word of God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did You look at the Wycleffe for the verses you posted? Wineskins/Bottles, The verse from Ezekiel? Do You remember the disciples picking wheat when they were hungry on the sabbath or corn? I remember wheat..... It is wheat that is threshed on the threshing floor, not the "cornfloor".

What would be the purpose of these sorts of changes? The Land of corn and wine can be seen as different than the land of wheat and wine.... Corn and wine is pointing to the U.S.A. Wheat and wine to the old world. What I am pointing out is not Mandella effect stuff, but a bias built in to the KJV which few people see, which is anglo in origin.... hence the King James version. My Parents and i are Bi-lingual and we read a different language Bible in the Home, My Parents would often speak of this bias in the translations used in the churches in the U.S. This influences how and where we view our eschatology and interpretations of Eschatology. All translations have these built in biases that we need to understand. The KJV is monarchial todays "modern versions" more "democratic" but all have a bias that must be considered. I Pointed you to the Wycleffe translation because this goes to before Columbus to show this to you, before the "new world" influence on the old world.

I Hope you see the what I am getting at here? Each translation has its own bias from the culture from which it was derived in, which drives the direction of the eschatology in particular. To find the truth, one must consider the bias of each translation. What we are seeing is a large segment of the church falling into the KJV only crowd, and others into the "modern versions" crowd, I am saying we need rise above this to the truth of the Word of God.
It's a matter of the supporting Manuscripts

The new translations are supported by the 1% minority of manuscript Evidence in the Greek Alexandrian Text Typecreated by Adulterers and a homosexual Union supporter, removing words and verses,

The KJV the Greek received text

Examples: Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Roman's 16:24 (Removed)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a matter of the supporting Manuscripts

The new translations are supported by the 1% minority of manuscript Evidence in the Greek Alexandrian Text Typecreated by Adulterers and a homosexual Union supporter, removing words and verses,

The KJV the Greek received text

Examples: Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Roman's 16:24 (Removed)

I Agree, Sinaiaticus is a likely a forgery and am well aware of the cons of the Alexandrian texts, and consider myself KJV "primarily", But am hoping to encourage you to see the bias built in to the KJV translation as well. The word of God is greater than any bias built in by man and the Holy Ghost will preserve the Truth of the Word of God, not through a translation, but through the discernment of the Spirit.

The word of God comes to life in the believer, Jesus is the Word of God, not a translation. "Thy word have I hid in my heart" is Christ Jesus living within you, not a book of passages memorized.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Agree, Sinaiaticus is a likely a forgery and am well aware of the cons of the Alexandrian texts, and consider myself KJV "primarily", But am hoping to encourage you to see the bias built in to the KJV translation as well. The word of God is greater than any bias built in by man and the Holy Ghost will preserve the Truth of the Word of God, not through a translation, but through the discernment of the Spirit.

The word of God comes to life in the believer, Jesus is the Word of God, not a translation. "Thy word have I hid in my heart" is Christ Jesus living within you, not a book of passages memorized.

Psalm12:6-7KJV
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

2 Timothy 3:16-17KJV
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not a Wycliff verse. And again, why vary from the OP of this thread?
Psalm12:6-7KJV
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

2 Timothy 3:16-17KJV
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

Just out of curiosity, do you believe a person can be saved by reading an NIV or one of the other modern versions out there?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness, I believe with God, all things are possible.

So It is not the translation that saves, but the Person that saves? The Word of God is not a book, But a person. The translations are just a tool we use to present the living word of God to people in different cultures. The translation our family used was based loosely on Luther's German translation, and we were saved by those words in the language it was written in, But I do not worship the book i worship the One who is The Living word of God. He continues to Speak to His Sheep who hear his voice and His words are not constrained by the limits of a leather binding. What the KJV only people are falling into is a form of idolatry worshipping the book instead of the person who inspired the Book. Y'all need to stop that. The term for this is Known as "textualism", Read more at the link below:

No Revival without Reformation - A.W. Tozer - Sermon Index

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, do you believe a person can be saved by reading an NIV or one of the other modern versions out there?
I'm not in the business of what God can and will do regarding individual calling and election

One thing I do know, all translations aren't the same

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So It is not the translation that saves, but the Person that saves? The Word of God is not a book, But a person. The translations are just a tool we use to present the living word of God to people in different cultures. The translation our family used was based loosely on Luther's German translation, and we were saved by those words in the language it was written in, But I do not worship the book i worship the One who is The Living word of God. He continues to Speak to His Sheep who hear his voice and His words are not constrained by the limits of a leather binding. What the KJV only people are falling into is a form of idolatry worshipping the book instead of the person who inspired the Book. Y'all need to stop that. The term for this is Known as "textualism", Read more at the link below:

No Revival without Reformation - A.W. Tozer - Sermon Index
Not worshipping a book. I do know I trusted it. But y'all need to allow me to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, thank you. How exactly did this thread get derailed?

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
I made that point. The Church will be ressurected and receive new bodies that do not procreate.
Who then in the Millennial Kingdom is procreating?
"No more shall there be in it
an infant that lives but a few days,
or an old person who does not live out a lifetime;
for one who dies at a hundred years will be considered a youth,
and one who falls short of a hundred will be considered accursed." ISAIAH 65:20
(this correlates to Rev. 20:6 & Isaiah 11:6-8)

Didn't you understand what JESUS said and I posted to you and to all about the future inhabitants of His kingdom? Again: He said: "they neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you understand what JESUS said and I posted to you and to all about the future inhabitants of His kingdom? Again: He said: "they neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."
Well that’s the church.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could have just answered, God is creating them.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
You could have just answered, God is creating them.

Philippians 3:v.20-21

20 For our conversation is in heaven
(heaven? Ephesians 1:v.3); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.