So, are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe your nuts. I believe you are missled.
Misled by my own research??? Okay, suppose that is the case. Then why so much residue of what the scriptures used to read? When I first started noticing these changes, I took my love of history, and scowerd old literature to find what I was looking for. Even though I was dismayed at my findings, I was more encouraged to dig for more.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misled by my own research??? Okay, suppose that is the case. Then why so much residue of what the scriptures used to read? When I first started noticing these changes, I took my love of history, and scowerd old literature to find what I was looking for. Even though I was dismayed at my findings, I more encouraged to dig for more.
I sincerely wish you the best.

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's some more. This one's pretty interesting...

MacLaren Expositions Of Holy Scripture found on BibleHub.com
By S.C.1 | 10/15/2020
0 Comment

So, brethren, you see the width of the hopes – ay! of the confidence – that you and I ought to cherish. We should expect that all the discord of our nature shall be changed into a harmonious co-operation of all its parts towards one great end. We bear about within us a warning anarchy and tumultuous chaos, where solid and fluid, warm and cold, light and dark, calm and storm, contend. Is there any power that can harmonise this divided nature of ours, where lusts and passions, and inclinations of all sorts, drag one away, and duty draws another, so as that a man is torn apart as it were by wild horses? There is one. ‘The worlds’ were harmonised, adapted, and framed together, and chaos turned into order and beauty, and the God of Peace will come and do that for us, if we will let Him, so that the long schism which affects our natures, and makes us say sometimes, ‘I find a law in my members warring against the law of my mind.’ ‘Oh! wretched man that I am; who shall deliver me from the body of this death?’ may be changed into perfect harmony, and the ‘bear shall eat straw like the ox, and the lion shall lie down with the lamb; and a little child shall lead them’ – the meekness of a patient love bridling all their ravening passions. It is possible that our hearts may be united to fear His name; and that one unbroken temper of whole-spirited submission may be ours.

URL: Hebrews 13 MacLaren Expositions Of Holy Scripture

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the changes in words didn't happen with a human editor. Those examples, along with many other examples, were preached from the same Bible, by me, over the past 2 decades. They were changed in a very supernatural way. That's what I'm saying...

I guess I'm a little slow and just not seeing it. But thanks for trying!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you'd never ask.

lionlamb2.jpg

unnamed.png

THE DESERT HOME
ADVENTURES OF A LOST FAMILY IN THE WILDERNESS
Mayne Reid – 1852 – Page 38

In the midst of all these fierce creatures, the two young girls were moving about, apparently unconcerned at their presence, while the animals appeared equally unconcerned about them. The whole scene reminded us of the fanciful pictures we had seen of that time promised in the sacred book, when “all the earth shall be at peace, and the lion shall lie down with the lamb.”

Bulletin: Education series – Issues 1-5 – Page 96 – Google Books Result – University of Texas – 1918 – ‎Education

Now let us for a moment contemplate this little Sunday-school. In a black-jack and post-oak grove near the center of the town is a. rude log cabin about eighteen by twenty-two feet, the roof covered with boards held down by weight-poles. the logs unhewn, and the cracks neither chinked or battoned, a dirt floor, and across it are Placed several logs hewn on one side for seats. At one end stands the superintendent, a mere stripling, and before him are about half a dozen gentlemen and ladies as teachers, and thirty-two children, without any of these appendages which are now considered necessary to a well-conducted Sunday-school. Forty-five years have passed since the organization of that little Sunday-school, and now on a Sunday morning of a pleasant day 60,000 children are assembled in our beloved State, under the guidance of 10,000 intelligent and, for the most – part, pious young gentlemen and ladies, with a good supply of papers and libraries written by the ablest divinics of our age, and containing interesting biographies, and the very pith and marrow of Christian theology. Surely we may exclaim, What hath God wrought? That same superintendent still .lives and still labors in the delightful task of training the young in the Sunday-school, and as he contemplates, in imagination, the five and a half millions of children now being trained in the Sunday schools of the United States, and then looks forward down the long corridors of time when these children shall be actors in the great drama of life, he sees the dawn of that happy day foretold by seers and prophets when the knowledge of God shall cover the whole earth, the lion shall lie down with the lamb, and “the wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose”.

The Christian Disciple – Volume 1 – Page 41

lion-illus.jpg

lionlamb2.png
None of this is Scripture though. Augustine started the phrase. At least that is the claim.

When has any one heard of a Lion in sheepskin? The phrase was always a wolf in sheepskin. The Lion and the Lamb is representative of both being Christ during the Millennium. Instead of good and evil, there is power and good.

It was Augustine who messed up Peter's symbolism that Satan is a lion walking around seeking to devour people. Augustine has been accused of saying Satan was already bound and they were in the Millennium. Thus the Lion of Judah was already among them in power. The church has quoted Augustine, although independent preachers of God's Word, still preached and taught that Satan was the devouring Lion, direct from God's Word, bypassing main stream theology.

It would be Augustine that made the "famous prophecy" infamous as the Lion and the Lamb. Unless one has textual proof to the contrary, Isaiah always stated the wolf lying down with the lamb. There is an 1800's painting that does show the wolf and the lamb as portrayed laying together, with all of the other creatures in the verses, dealing with the peaceful western expansion of Protestant settlement in the US. Post millennial teaching?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
In Daniel 7:25 we see where antichrist thought about changing laws (the word) and times (history), and then it is given to him. Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out (it was vex) the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

That's a real head scratcher, because Antichrist isn’t here yet! At least hes hasn't been revealed as of yet. If he were, I believe we would be out of here through the rapture. So it is defiantly the spirit of antichrist who is already here doing this. (1 John 4:3).

Nope, none of that's happened yet. However, the antichrist will soon be revealed. I believe that with all my heart. But his spirit is already with us isn't it? 1 John 4:3

Yes sir, eschatology is one of my area's of study, as well as general biblical studies. I've been an apologist for a couple of decades now. I do understand. I never said he's here yet as a world ruler, but I did say his spirit is with us now according to 1 John.

That doesn't mean however that he hasn't been born yet, but clearly he hasn't been revealed. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (KJV)

Misled by my own research??? Okay, suppose that is the case. Then why so much residue of what the scriptures used to read? When I first started noticing these changes, I took my love of history, and scowerd old literature to find what I was looking for. Even though I was dismayed at my findings, I was more encouraged to dig for more.

Greetings , Parson

As you can see above, I panned some of your statements in the thread, and once you took your "love of history, and scowerd old literature to find what (I) you was looking for", and one of your point is about the Antichrist, then I would ask to you: Have you ever made some deep study about the birth of Antichrist as a "Christian" church within the true Church of our LORD, the body of Christ?

Here goes the message I have posted in several Christian sites, and if you have some study and old literature in this way, I would like to know more about this millennial and satanic and terrible event.

Thanks for your attention.

Here goes:

The birthplace of Antichrist

1 John 2:v.19

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Very interesting this revelation of the Apostle John of the primitive Church. Who is the Apostle John talking about or to whom is he referring in the verse above? Do you know?

See, we know that the book of Revelation was showed to John around year 95 AD, i.e. 65 years after the ascension of JESUS to the third heaven. And we know also that there are two distinct Beasts described in Revelation 13:v. 1 to 18. Today, after about 2,000 years, we can and should discern both Beasts will lead two distinct satanic religious systems in near future, but one, the FIRST Man Beast, he already exists, the another has not yet, but he will manifest in near future.

In fact one already exists since ancient time, it has existed for about two thousand years, that is, the Beast of sea, a satanic religious system developed by Satan within the Roman Empire, after he had corrupted the church of Rome that was established by the Apostles Peter and Paul, both were killed by persecution, and thus was developed satanic Antichrist's movements through the corrupt church of Rome, the Catholic Church. Notice that Revelation describes 7 churches, and the church of Rome would be the eighth, but it was left out because the church of Rome was already completely disapproved by JESUS.

In fact, the church or Rome developed a systematic opposition against to the Churches of the Lord that preached the Gospel of God's Kingdom, preached firstly by the Lord JESUS Christ, and continued by the Apostles and disciples of the Lord, by the way, it is preached yet until today.

The satanic religious structures and organizations of the Roman Catholic Church within the Roman Empire, which rides upon the Beast of sea, the Pope, since the confuse election of the first Pope in the first century after Christ, who can be Linus or Clement, and for to increase the confuse election of whom really is the first Pope, the own Satan, the main leader of the blasphemer movement of Antichrist of the Roman Catholic Church, he himself, time after, from the late 2nd or early 3rd century the convention began of regarding Peter as the first pope. Its more a satanic blasphemy.

About the events above described, and the corruption of the Church of Rome, see what the Word of GOD reveals by the VISUAL testimony of Apostle John: 1 John 2:v.18-21

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many Antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They (the Church of Rome) went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

What we can say is that the woman, that is the Babylonian Roman Catholic Church, married to 266 Popes, currently Francis I is the Pope, she sits upon the scarlet colored Man Beast of sea, the Pope, the Papacy - from the Latin expression Pater Patrum - , full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns, reason by which the RCC is called Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth, which is drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.

THE PUNISHMENT OF THE ANCIENT AND CORRUPT CHURCH OF ROME FROM NOW ON - THE WORD IS GOD

Revelation 18:v. 1 to 5

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
(The Word is God)

In Christ JESUS, King of kings (kings made by Him - Revelation 5:v.10), and LORD of lords

Fellow in Christ JESUS
Oseas

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see above, I panned some of your statements in the thread, and once you took your "love of history, and scowerd old literature to find what (I) you was looking for", and one of your point is about the Antichrist, then I would ask to you: Have you ever made some deep study about the birth of Antichrist as a "Christian" church within the true Church of our LORD, the body of Christ?

well looky there, you claim that the true church is the body of Christ, which I profoundly agree with. This means He’s returned bodily.

please fit this into you eschatology?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you ever made some deep study about the birth of Antichrist as a "Christian" church within the true Church of our LORD, the body of Christ?
How can the Antichrist be a "Christian church"? The Bible tells us that he is "the Man of Sin". One individual who will control the whole world. Not an apostate church. And there cannot be a bogus church "within" the Body of Christ for the simple reason that it is the Body of Christ -- meaning genuine children of God joined spiritually to their Head, who is Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can the Antichrist be a "Christian church"? The Bible tells us that he is "the Man of Sin". One individual who will control the whole world. Not an apostate church. And there cannot be a bogus church "within" the Body of Christ for the simple reason that it is the Body of Christ -- meaning genuine children of God joined spiritually to their Head, who is Christ.
Acts 20:29-31 KJV
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. [30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. [31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
And please remember that just because it doesn’t fit your eschatological order doesn’t necessarily mean it’s out of context.

Reactions: Brakelite

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
How about applying this to yourself and your false theology? You deny the Pre-Tribulation Rapture do you not? You deny a literal Kingdom of God on earth, do you not? So who is the wolf here?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about applying this to yourself and your false theology? You deny the Pre-Tribulation Rapture do you not? You deny a literal Kingdom of God on earth, do you not? So who is the wolf here?
I wasn’t calling you a wolf. The wolves Paul is referring to are judaizers, but yes I do deny a pre tribulations rapture. I don’t deny that Christ has come in the flesh.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well looky there, you claim that the true church is the body of Christ, which I profoundly agree with. This means He’s returned bodily.

please fit this into you eschatology?
Saying every human turns into Christ is as wishful thinking as eating communion with the same expectation. Does that mean in Paradise we are no longer individuals, but only one body sitting next to God on the throne?

Revelation 7 gives us a different reality than the one you imagine.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
OK, I see that it's going to take a bit more LOOK AT THIS type of posting and let you decide why my conundrum is what it is...
Look at this, and go ahead and tell me I've lost my ever loving mind.
Go ahead. Be brutal...

lion shall lie down with the lamb;

Isaiah 11 - Very very deep. There are several figures in this Biblical text.

Now let's see: There are two kinds of interpretations: Literal and Spiritual

The material things are figures of spiritual things. The parables of our Master are good examples. So...

Literal interpretations: The letter kills. (this type of interpretation of Scriptures is not advisable.)

Spiritual interpretations: The Spirit gives life.
(this is the best interpretation.)

That said , how to interpret
"lion shall lie down with the lamb" you have posted many times in this thread?

First of all, the lamb is the young of the sheep. Who is the lion that will lie with the lamb? Is not the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David? Revelation 5:v.5. In fact, the Lion is among us, don't you see Him?

1 Corinthians 2:v. 12 to 16

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings(kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, tough crowd!!!

The Mandella Effect is a Psyop. In Fact the name comes from a false memory most have which confuses Stephen Biko with Nelson Mandella. It is all part of this attack on the inerrant word of God, and the war on truth in general, and is antichrist in nature, as Jesus is the Truth.

It is a rabbit hole that is easy to fall for, because our memories are imperfect. I Know when I first encountered it it was very convincing till the Holy Ghost showed me the Truth. Study psyops, and misinformation and disinformation as this will help you to see what it is.

As for the Myriad of Prophetic views on this site, we all know in part. I Myself was a pretribber, Now I am a prewrather. My Mother was a Preterist, and i have seen some of the merits and flaws in all these views as well. Well meaning Brothers and sisters in Christ have diverse views on eschatology which does not negate their status as Brothers and sisters in Christ, Having a conversation with them will only benefit you if you do not let it get Hostile. In essentials unity, in non essentials liberty as Augustine said. In Fellowship and brother hood, we will be able to receive the parts we do not know, and come to a more complete understanding of eschatology, But in strivings and fighting one another you will never Know the fulness of eschatology.

Reactions: The Parson

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you why this was a bad idea. You didn't believe me.

Reactions: The Parson