Sola scriptura?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) Do you really expect anyone to actually read all of your l-e-n-g-t-h-y post???
b) Isn't your parrot tired by now?
c) Matthew 16:22-23, "So Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him: “God forbid, Lord! This must not happen to you!” [Notice: he rebuked the Messiah!] But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me [as opposed to "on this rock..."], because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.” If you're going to look at Peter, take off your "rose-colored glasses" and see him for who he actually was! He never called any other person "Satan" and none of the other disciples denied knowing him three times!
d) The Bible is the infallible word of God. You believe the teachings of fallible men.

scripture commands us to believe men! Christ commands us to believe men!

Christians must be taught

Context, exegesis are not found in the scripture! Instruction, and taught are found in scripture!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Even one word of God is still the eternal word of God!

In many verses of scripture there are out of the way or by the way comments that don’t have anything to do with the context or chapter they are found in!

Context cannot change doctrine!

There is no content or context of John 14 that can make Jesus Christ not to be the way, the truth, and the life!

How can context make a verse untrue? We actually believe scripture, all scripture! (Not just 66 books of the English Bible society)

One verse or even one word is still scripture and is worthy for instruction!

We cannot read scriptures and decide doctrine for ourselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Christ Taught:
Matt 5:2
Matt 7:29
Matt 13:54
Mark 1:21
Mark 1:22
Mark 2:13
Mark 4:2
Mark 9:31
Mark 10:1
Mark 11:17
Mark 12:35
Luke 4:15
Luke 4:31
Luke 5:3
Luke 6:6
Luke 13:26
Luke 19:47
Luke 20:1
John 6:59
John 7:14
John 7:28
John 8:2
John 8:20
John 18:20

Christ teaches with authority:
Matt 7:29
Mark 1:22

Apostles commanded to teach:
Matt 28:19

Apostles teach:
Mark 6:30
Acts 2:42
Acts 4:2
Acts 5:21
Acts 11:26
Acts 14:21
Acts 18:25
Acts 20:20
Col 2:7
2 thes 2:15
Titus 1:9

One faith!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

One heart / one mind

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:

Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Apostles received the truth from Christ and are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are commanded to teach all men! Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19

Apostles have same mission, power, ministry, and authority as Christ!
Jn 20:21

The sacred deposit of faith

Thee faith once delivered to the saints! Jude 1:3

Without (revealed catholic) faith it is impossible to please God! Heb 11:6

The church possesses the truths revealed by Christ in person, not from scripture, Jude 1:3, 1 Tim 3:15
Matt 18:17

The church is eternal!

The same yesterday, today, and forever!

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tradition is not the word of God. It is the teachings of fallible men.

acts 2:42 hold to the “Bible alone”? No! To the doctrine of the apostles

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Did Paul get this from the “Bible alone”???

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
acts 2:42 hold to the “Bible alone”? No! To the doctrine of the apostles

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Did Paul get this from the “Bible alone”???

Quite obviously you have no need for the Bible. You just believe whatever you're taught by men. There are many, many examples of Catholic doctrine that don't agree with the Bible, but you believe them anyway.

You don't even think that the Bible existed until long after Jesus died!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite obviously you have no need for the Bible. You just believe whatever you're taught by men. There are many, many examples of Catholic doctrine that don't agree with the Bible, but you believe them anyway.

You don't even think that the Bible existed until long after Jesus died!

did Christ found the church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do Mormons … they have more than 66 books, too.

they don’t have the church Matt 16:18-19 Jn 10:16 with the apostles who have the authority of Christ to teach all men Matt 28:19 without error Jn 16:13

Now the way to reach Christ is not hard to find: it is the Church. Rightly does Chrysostom inculcate: “The Church is thy hope, the Church is thy salvation, the Church is thy refuge.” (“Hom. de capto Euthropio,” n. 6.) It was for this that Christ founded it, gaining it at the price of His blood, and made it the depositary of His doctrine and His laws, bestowing upon it at the same time an inexhaustible treasury of graces for the sanctification and salvation of men.

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it don't ??????

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 acts 1:8 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission as Christ! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Authority in what they teach and not in a person in an office!

Jesus is not our salvation: only what He taught?

Lk 2:30 Matt 16:16 Jesus in His person is our salvation, not only in what He taught!
Matt 16:13 not what do people say about what I teach, but whom do people say the I am!

The teaching of the successors of Moses not their person?

The successors of Moses sit in the seat of Moses Matt 23:1

Peters confession not Peters person? Matt 16:18

You give the keys to a person not to a confession!

Acts 1:26 they choose Mathias not the teaching of Mathias!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission as Christ! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 acts 1:8 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Lk 2:30 Matt 16:16 Jesus in His person is our salvation, not only in what He taught!
Matt 16:13 not what do people say about what I teach, but whom do people say the I am!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!

1 John 2

The usual parrot talk. Can't you say anything in your own words (briefly) instead of pasting the same stuff over and over and over and over ad nauseum?

Sola scriptura!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The usual parrot talk. Can't you say anything in your own words (briefly) instead of pasting the same stuff over and over and over and over ad nauseum?

Sola scriptura!

Where does scripture say scripture alone?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does scripture say scripture alone?

"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." John 17:17

Where does it say that the ideas of men are the truth? Your denomination has created so much unScriptural "truths" that you don't even know what the truth actually is. Example: "ever virgin" Mary (but the Bible says that Jesus had brothers).

BTW, thanks for not having your parrot dictate one of your usual l-e-n-g-t-h-y posts!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." John 17:17

Yes now where does it say His word is only in scripture? Lk 3:2 the word came unto John! Did a book fall on his head?

Where does it say that the ideas of men are the truth? Your denomination has created so much unScriptural "truths" that you don't even know what the truth actually is. Example: "ever virgin" Mary (but the Bible says that Jesus had brothers).

BTW, thanks for not having your parrot dictate one of your usual l-e-n-g-t-h-y posts!

see below you won’t be disappointed!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42
1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Apostolic succession!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus is the truth!

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To know the truth it is required to know Jesus Christ!

The truth is not some thing but somebody! Jesus Christ!

The church was a the extension of this truth! 1 Tim 3:15
Must hear Christ thru his church! Matt 18:17

The church is the only ark of salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the way to reach Christ is not hard to find: it is the Church. Rightly does Chrysostom inculcate: “The Church is thy hope, the Church is thy salvation, the Church is thy refuge.” (“Hom. de capto Euthropio,” n. 6.) It was for this that Christ founded it, gaining it at the price of His blood, and made it the depositary of His doctrine and His laws, bestowing upon it at the same time an inexhaustible treasury of graces for the sanctification and salvation of men.

1 John 2

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

All only in the The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

The deposit of faith, the entire divine revelation and word of God is given to the church of the apostles by Christ to safeguard against all error!
And to faithfully teach all nations!
Jude 1:3, Matt 28:19 Jn 16:13

The church therefore always has and always will believe and teach the same doctrine reveled by Christ!

Founded on Peter and the apostles and their successors. Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 to teach and sanctify all men Matt 28:19
Jn 3:5 Mk 16:15 acts 8:36-38
1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 2 Pet 1:11

Salvation without Christ and His church are impossible! 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)
the Father”
acts 2:38-39

Rejection of the church founded by Christ or the revelation of Christ as taught by His one true church is rejection of Christ!

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The liturgy and the sacraments are the foundation of thee faith!

The maxim what we pray is what we believe is true!

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

long enough for you?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

men!

Apostolic succession!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

1 John 2

What is the one true church? Baptists; Anglicans; Eastern Orthodox; Pentecostals; Amish; Restoration Church; His Church; Presbyterian Church; Uniting Church; United Church of Christ; Mormons; Seventh Day Adventists; Church of Latter Day Saints; Jehovah Witnesses; Mennonites; Calvinism; Lutherans; Salvation Army; Oriental Orthodox Church; Congregationalists; Continental Reformed Church; Anabaptists; Brethren; Bapticostals; Methodists; Quakers; Plymouth Brethren; Charismatic Churches; Free Evangelical Churches; Chinese Independent Churches; Independent Oriental Orthodox; Oneness Pentecostalism; British Israelism; World Wide Church of God; Swedeborgiasm; Messianic Judaism; Apostolic Brethren; Lollards; Brethren of the Free Spirit; Armenian Apostolic Church; Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch; French Coptic Orthodox Church; Greek Orthodox Church; Moravian Church; Continental Reformed Church; Church of Scotland; Amish Mennonite; Church of the United Brethren in Christ; National Association of Free Will Baptists; Primitive Baptists; Strict Baptists; Seventh Day Baptists; Free Methodist Church; Wesley Methodist Church; Church of Christ Holiness; Church of God Holiness; Apostolic Church; Churches of Christ; Charismaric Adventism; C3 Church Global; Elim Pentecostal; Four Square Gospel; CRC Chuurches Inrernational; Hillsong Church; Potters House; Revival Centres; Vineyard Churches; New Frontiers; Christian and Missionary Alliance; Fellowship of Fundamental Bible Churches; Onenessd Pentecostalism; Armstrong World Wide Church of Christ; plus about 5,000 individual Churches under various banners.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the one true church? Baptists; Anglicans; Eastern Orthodox; Pentecostals; Amish; Restoration Church; His Church; Presbyterian Church; Uniting Church; United Church of Christ; Mormons; Seventh Day Adventists; Church of Latter Day Saints; Jehovah Witnesses; Mennonites; Calvinism; Lutherans; Salvation Army; Oriental Orthodox Church; Congregationalists; Continental Reformed Church; Anabaptists; Brethren; Bapticostals; Methodists; Quakers; Plymouth Brethren; Charismatic Churches; Free Evangelical Churches; Chinese Independent Churches; Independent Oriental Orthodox; Oneness Pentecostalism; British Israelism; World Wide Church of God; Swedeborgiasm; Messianic Judaism; Apostolic Brethren; Lollards; Brethren of the Free Spirit; Armenian Apostolic Church; Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch; French Coptic Orthodox Church; Greek Orthodox Church; Moravian Church; Continental Reformed Church; Church of Scotland; Amish Mennonite; Church of the United Brethren in Christ; National Association of Free Will Baptists; Primitive Baptists; Strict Baptists; Seventh Day Baptists; Free Methodist Church; Wesley Methodist Church; Church of Christ Holiness; Church of God Holiness; Apostolic Church; Churches of Christ; Charismaric Adventism; C3 Church Global; Elim Pentecostal; Four Square Gospel; CRC Chuurches Inrernational; Hillsong Church; Potters House; Revival Centres; Vineyard Churches; New Frontiers; Christian and Missionary Alliance; Fellowship of Fundamental Bible Churches; Onenessd Pentecostalism; Armstrong World Wide Church of Christ; plus about 5,000 individual Churches under various banners.
Many of those churches taught deadly and dangerous heresays that lead not to GOD , not to CHRIST but rather to perditon .
My advice is we be no so quick to try and include those who taught the wrong kind of divisions . But rather that we cling
to what the first church and Christ taught us . SO here is a reminder .
MARK those who cause DIVISIONS . But let us continue so we know what paul meant by divisoins .
Mark those who cause divisions that are CONTRARY to , CONTRARY to the sound doctrine , AKA what JESUS delivered and the true apostles
first delivered us . IN OTHER WORDS , DOCTRINE , TRUTH DOES MATTER . We better make sure we aint following another jesus
we better make sure we aint following another gospel . We better make sure we aint following men who would dare to teach
contrary and to omit or twist WHAT JESUS first taught and the apostels then expounded unto the churches .
OR know and understand if we do , DONT EXPECT TO HEAR WELL DONE , but rather to hear this , I NEVER KNEW YOU
DEPART FROM ME INTO THE FIRES OF HELL FIRE whereupon your sentence of the second death shall be surely given .

Reactions: Marvelloustime