Sola scriptura?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND THE CC DONT hold those keys .
THE KEYS they hold are the same as what the unbeleiving jews once held
And that is this , YE ENTERED NOT INTO THE KINGDOM YOURSELVES and YE HINDERED ALL that were .
THE CC is dangerous , as are many within even the protestant realm . TIME TO OPEN the BIBLE
and stop reading it through the lens of men gone wrong . AND i say that not to the CC alone but to most all within the protestant realm .
TIME TO LEARN JESUS FOR OURSELVES TIME TO LEARN what the true apostels taught for ourselves and do so BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE .
Cause on the day of the LORD , IT WILL BE TOO LATE . And that point you will realize and will be terrified
as you are told depart from me i never knew you . AND I DONT want that end for any man . THUS I WARN .

what are the keys of the kingdom of heaven?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing about the true church in Jn 10:16

One true church
Jn 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are the keys of the kingdom of heaven?
They found in mathew sixteen and eighteen . Given unto the believers . its about church correction .
What you loose on earth is loosed in heaven and what you bound on earth is bound in heaven .
False men do not hold the keys my friend . I follow the one true Christ and am of HIS one true church .
IF you want to be a partaker i suggest you learn the bible for yourself , cause the CC has been teaching you all
some serious blasphemies . COME YE OUT from amongst her and return to the simplicty in Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One true church
Jn 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
The one true church is centered on JESUS and embrace the teachings of the apostels .
THE CC knows not what i speak of .
On the day of the LORD many will wail . I sure dont want to see you wailing as You get told
Depart from me i never knew you . And peter will be sitting and the members of the CC will know in that day and in that hour
HE was never a part of that deadly system . The only problem is , ON that day ITS TOO LATE to do anything about it .
So out of much love for you , i am trying to steer you away from a deadly harlot who has sucked the life
out of so many that did enter into her chambers and led them right to perdition .
PS , hold not thy breath waiting for me to point you to the protestant realm . I POINT you back to THAT BIBLE
and i say , READ FOR THYSELF before its TOO LATE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They found in mathew sixteen and eighteen . Given unto the believers . its about church correction .
What you loose on earth is loosed in heaven and what you bound on earth is bound in heaven .
False men do not hold the keys my friend . I follow the one true Christ and am of HIS one true church .
IF you want to be a partaker i suggest you learn the bible for yourself , cause the CC has been teaching you all
some serious blasphemies . COME YE OUT from amongst her and return to the simplicty in Christ .

nope the keys are the truths revealed by Christ and taught by the apostles
In a word “dogma”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one true church is centered on JESUS and embrace the teachings of the apostels .
THE CC knows not what i speak of .
On the day of the LORD many will wail . I sure dont want to see you wailing as You get told
Depart from me i never knew you . And peter will be sitting and the members of the CC will know in that day and in that hour
HE was never a part of that deadly system . The only problem is , ON that day ITS TOO LATE to do anything about it .
So out of much love for you , i am trying to steer you away from a deadly harlot who has sucked the life
out of so many that did enter into her chambers and led them right to perdition .
PS , hold not thy breath waiting for me to point you to the protestant realm . I POINT you back to THAT BIBLE
and i say , READ FOR THYSELF before its TOO LATE .

where is this “doctrine” found in scripture?

“Read for yourself”?

Christians must be taught

Context, exegesis are not found in the scripture! Instruction, and taught are found in scripture!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Even one word of God is still the eternal word of God!

In many verses of scripture there are out of the way or by the way comments that don’t have anything to do with the context or chapter they are found in!

Context cannot change doctrine!

There is no content or context of John 14 that can make Jesus Christ not to be the way, the truth, and the life!

How can context make a verse untrue? We actually believe scripture, all scripture! (Not just 66 books of the English Bible society)

One verse or even one word is still scripture and is worthy for instruction!

We cannot read scriptures and decide doctrine for ourselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Christ Taught:
Matt 5:2
Matt 7:29
Matt 13:54
Mark 1:21
Mark 1:22
Mark 2:13
Mark 4:2
Mark 9:31
Mark 10:1
Mark 11:17
Mark 12:35
Luke 4:15
Luke 4:31
Luke 5:3
Luke 6:6
Luke 13:26
Luke 19:47
Luke 20:1
John 6:59
John 7:14
John 7:28
John 8:2
John 8:20
John 18:20

Christ teaches with authority:
Matt 7:29
Mark 1:22

Apostles commanded to teach:
Matt 28:19

Apostles teach:
Mark 6:30
Acts 2:42
Acts 4:2
Acts 5:21
Acts 11:26
Acts 14:21
Acts 18:25
Acts 20:20
Col 2:7
2 thes 2:15
Titus 1:9

One faith!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

One heart / one mind

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:

Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Apostles received the truth from Christ and are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are commanded to teach all men! Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19

Apostles have same mission, power, ministry, and authority as Christ!
Jn 20:21

The sacred deposit of faith

Thee faith once delivered to the saints! Jude 1:3

Without (revealed catholic) faith it is impossible to please God! Heb 11:6

The church possesses the truths revealed by Christ in person, not from scripture, Jude 1:3, 1 Tim 3:15
Matt 18:17

The church is eternal!

The same yesterday, today, and forever!

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... that "one shepherd" of the "one fold" is Jesus (not Jorge Mario Bergoglio ... aka. Pope Francis).

ya! But Christ is the king and no king administers his own kingdom sides this Christ ascended

. This authority, however, (though it has been given to man and is exercised by man), is not human but rather divine, granted to Peter by a divine word and reaffirmed to him (Peter) and his successors by the One Whom Peter confessed, the Lord saying to Peter himself, ‘Whatsoever you shall bind on earth, shall be bound also in Heaven‘ etc., [Mt 16:19]. Therefore whoever resists this power thus ordained by God, resists the ordinance of God [Rom 13:2], unless he invent like Manicheus two beginnings, which is false and judged by us heretical, since according to the testimony of Moses, it is not in the beginnings but in the beginning that God created heaven and earth [Gen 1:1].

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!

Like Joseph under pharaoh the king and his brothers bowed in obedience to Him as God willed!

But Protestant fundamentalists will not, for satan the first Protestant was in rebellion against God saying: I will not serve! I will not obey!

So who is you’re leader?

All those who submit and obey are Christ’s!

Those who do not are satan’s!

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4: 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

(Holy mother church)

Christ is the king!

Isa. 9:6-7 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Holy Mother Church!
The new covenant!

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brothers obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

1 cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

The proof of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ and His church!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Christ the king and His kingdom are one! Acts 9:4

Isa. 9:6-7 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

Eph 3:9

Dan 7:13-14

Num 24:19

Psalm 2

Psalm 64

Psalm 71

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

Kingdom

Jn 18:36 My kingdom is not of this world.

What does this mean?

Of divine not human origin!
Not natural but supernatural!
Not temporal but eternal!

Not of this world but in this world!
Both physical and spiritual!
Visible and invisible!

We are also not if this world but we are in this world!

You cannot seek first a kingdom that does not exist! Matt 6:33

Only a Queen can bear a King!

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Mk 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!
The new covenant church is the kingdom of God on earth!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And His authorized ministers that He Himself appointed!

Matt 16:18-19 & 28:28 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 13:20
Jn 20:21-23

Example of Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brothers obeyed and submitted to him. Gen 37

Gen 37:7 For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.

8 And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

Obedience to Joseph is obedience to pharaoh!

Obedience to Peter and the Apostles is obedience to Christ!

Mysteries of the kingdom

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

The is a big difference between the priests and the people!

The priests offer the eternal sacrifice of Christ, administer the sacraments and teach all nations, leading the people to God!

The Roman Empire!
In one hour it is conquered! Rev 18:17

Refers to the conversion of Constantine and the complete conquering by the kingdom of God, the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18 & 18:18

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

. This authority, however, (though it has been given to man and is exercised by man), is not human but rather divine, granted to Peter by a divine word and reaffirmed to him (Peter) and his successors by the One Whom Peter confessed, the Lord saying to Peter himself, ‘Whatsoever you shall bind on earth, shall be bound also in Heaven‘ etc., [Mt 16:19]. Therefore whoever resists this power thus ordained by God, resists the ordinance of God [Rom 13:2], unless he invent like Manicheus two beginnings, which is false and judged by us heretical, since according to the testimony of Moses, it is not in the beginnings but in the beginning that God created heaven and earth [Gen 1:1].

Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Supreme Roman Pontiff.

Obedience to the authorized ministers of Christ is obedience to Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is it?
  • the truths revealed by Christ and taught by the apostles
or
  • "dogma"
The Dogma of the RCC is not the TRUTH taught by Jesus and the Apostles as recorded in the Scripture.

the same exactillioso!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One true church
If you want any help bringing them let me know.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
nope the keys are the truths revealed by Christ and taught by the apostles
In a word “dogma”

Sorry but that is the usual pathetic response from someone who has blinkered religion. There isn't a scrap of love in your replies. All you give are rote replies that have no understanding of the love of God. And the sad thing is you believe you are right because you can quote scripture albeit incorrectly. I used to work with a catholic like you. He had everything down pat, mass seven times a week but he was never happy. He was so afraid that he was going to miss the mark and lose his salvation if he didn't do or say the right thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One true church

Pity that cancels out the roman church. I know some roman catholics are Christians and they are lovely people but the system itself is up the creek without a paddle and bearing in mind the vile acts of some priests. They obviously do not hear the voice of Jesus as he would never tell anyone to molest children.