Some good information for Dave

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for checking into this. The problem with your view is that it takes a work of the flesh under your power to place you into position where God is obligated to save you. And this is not Christianity.
So now faith in Jesus Christ is a work of the flesh?

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 10:8, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11, For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12, For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have studied many denominations in different religions.

And that is why I believe the Church of God in the earth today is powerless. Not enough power or anointing to blow the blow off a dandelion.

Satan, via pride has us all divided ..
One say "I am of-----" , another is of ----- etc etc ... all hugging their precious doctrines to themselves.

1 Cor 1:
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, 'I am of Paul.. and I of Apollos;... and I of Cephas;... and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? "

NO! But the belief that He is, is in our minds ...it is US who divide ..Satan makes sure of that...
Mark 3
25 "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." :(

The body of Christ is in trouble...

Reactions: CoreIssue

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even hearsay can have the ring of truth and be valid information.

I believe that the source from which I "heard" what you are calling "hearsay" was someone who had been steeped in Mormonism for many years and had escaped the cult.

That could well be, but as I have found through my experience with Witnesses the most vocal opponents of the organization are generally found to be those who were once members of said organization, many of whom had their toes stepped on and now have an axe to grind. A quick look on the internet and you will find many such anti-Witness sites, as I am sure there are plenty of anti-Mormon sites most of which are run by former disgruntle members, hardly a reliable source of information.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are actually very reliable. They provide materials and information that otherwise never be revealed to the public.

When I was young Mormons absolutely refuse to talk about being a temple and what their secret beliefs and rituals were.

JWs insisted the translators of the New World translation were expert linguists. But it proved to be one man who had no linguistic training at all.

I note the 1874 in your signature line. JWs believe Christ is been present in the earth since then. So I take it you are a JW.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are actually very reliable. They provide materials and information that otherwise never be revealed to the public.

When I was young Mormons absolutely refuse to talk about being a temple and what their secret beliefs and rituals were.

JWs insisted the translators of the New World translation were expert linguists. But it proved to be one man who had no linguistic training at all.

I note the 1874 in your signature line. JWs believe Christ is been present in the earth since then. So I take it you are a JW.
I thought it was 1914...like with Mother's Cookies?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is why I believe the Church of God in the earth today is powerless. Not enough power or anointing to blow the blow off a dandelion.

Satan, via pride has us all divided ..
One say "I am of-----" , another is of ----- etc etc ... all hugging their precious doctrines to themselves.

1 Cor 1:
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, 'I am of Paul.. and I of Apollos;... and I of Cephas;... and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? "

NO! But the belief that He is, is in our minds ...it is US who divide ..Satan makes sure of that...
Mark 3
25 "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." :(

The body of Christ is in trouble...

1Co 11:18, For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Co 11:19, For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

D

Dave L

So now faith in Jesus Christ is a work of the flesh?

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 10:8, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11, For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12, For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Flesh faith believes advertisements and buys products believing the ads are true. Holy Spirit faith is a fruit. This means one must have the Holy Spirit, (be saved by grace) before they can discern Christ in truth and believe. So there are two sets of Christianities today. One false, based on flesh faith. And one true, based on Holy Spirit faith.

This is why you have two gospels. One true, the other false. The false gospel turns grace into law and obedience (works) become the means of salvation. "You must do this or that". The true gospel announces salvation to all who believe. And those who believe have eternal life apart from works. They did nothing. They believed based on experiencing the Holy Spirit bearing witness with their spirit.

Also flesh faith cannot discern the true Christ. So it always builds an idol from scripture to trust in. A false Christ. Holy Spirit faith on the other hand discerns Christ in truth and worships and follows him.

Reactions: Waiting on him
D

Dave L

whatever gave you the impression that Good Samaritans could be accepted but Mormons could not, Dave?
If you continue to honor your contract and teach Death More Abundantly you are gonna get tossed prolly ok
God does not judge like Dave does
How are good Samaritans accepted with God? All, unless born again, do good works for the wrong reasons.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flesh faith believes advertisements and buys products believing the ads are true. Holy Spirit faith is a fruit. This means one must have the Holy Spirit, (be saved by grace) before they can discern Christ in truth and believe. So there are two sets of Christianities today. One false, based on flesh faith. And one true, based on Holy Spirit faith.

This is why you have two gospels. One true, the other false. The false gospel turns grace into law and obedience (works) become the means of salvation. "You must do this or that". The true gospel announces salvation to all who believe. And those who believe have eternal life apart from works. They did nothing. They believed based on experiencing the Holy Spirit bearing witness with their spirit.

Also flesh faith cannot discern the true Christ. So it always builds an idol from scripture to trust in. A false Christ. Holy Spirit faith on the other hand discerns Christ in truth and worships and follows him.
Very true. This makes me recall @VictoryinJesus post earlier about the fig tree. They stand before him covered in leaves of their flesh their own coverings while baring no fruit, no evidence of the spirit. They stop at the veil gazing apon his flesh hanging there but cannot enter; and prevent others from entering; stating I have found been given a private revelation in the form of golden tablets. Follow me and I’ll bestow all wisdom(full of pride covered in self glorification) yet the only fruit produced is the filth of the flesh. Now I understand the beginning of knowledge is to fear God(to hate evil)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So then, we have access by grace into this faith in which we stand?

D

Dave L

So then, we have access by grace into this faith in which we stand?
Yes, but it begins with the New Birth (resurrection of the human spirit from the dead, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) which results in faith, a fruit thereof, and repentance which baptizes us in the Holy Spirit.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe we have had this discussion on the forum numerous times I am a Bible Student not a JW, if you had actually visited a "reliable" website on the subject you would know the difference.

As to your last statement this is a prime example of just how reliable second hand sources are. It's true Bible Students believe in the invisible return of our Lord in 1874, a date proven by various prophecies of the bible most notably the Jubilee prophecy, this date however has never changed for Bible Students as some may suggest.

JW's on the other hand believe in 1914 as the date of the second advent, with the dates for other various events fluctuating over time as so-called "new light" (?) emerges.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but it begins with the New Birth (resurrection of the human spirit from the dead, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) which results in faith, a fruit thereof, and repentance which baptizes us in the Holy Spirit.
That is the opposite order to what the Bible teaches in

You walked right into that one.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the opposite order to what the Bible teaches in

You walked right into that one.
Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit. This means there is an in dwelling of the Holy Spirit first; that gives the gift of faith

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How are good Samaritans accepted with God? All, unless born again, do good works for the wrong reasons.
well Dave, if the "born-again" are all singing When We All Get to Heaven then I guess that calls for redefining your understanding of "born-again" prolly huh. Could you possibly have an imperfect understanding of the meaning there? If not, why not?

now i'm not going to pretend to have another convo with you on this, where we get to the point where Scripture has obviously contradicted your pov 3 diff ways and you start going blind, ok, so take those as rhetorical, but you might notice that you will surely construct some logical argument to support your pov, right, just like you are expecting some logical arg @ How are Good Samaritans accepted with God? As if I really needed to even refute that?

So my answer--to you--is I don't know how, Dave

Reactions: Helen