Some good information for Dave

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they document their findings from original cult spokespersons, what's the problem?
They (your book's authors) are lying in the name of God. Yes, that's a problem. They are continuing to bear false witness over and over again.
everything I post against Mormonism is documented using Mormon sources.
Again, not a single "source" you've been point on here is an actual source.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
(if you love me with any kind of Christian love you will not hesitate to show me the error of my ways):
Jesus already
Jas 5:19, Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20, Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
"Ways" implies "works" and not beliefs, don't you think

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
D

Dave L

They (your book's authors) are lying in the name of God. Yes, that's a problem. They are continuing to bear false witness over and over again.
Call it what you like, it's documented from Mormon sources and claims.

D

Dave L

By all means. I am all ears.

(if you love me with any kind of Christian love you will not hesitate to show me the error of my ways):

Jas 5:19, Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20, Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
You are semi-pelagian in your view of salvation for one.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call it what you like, it's documented from Mormon sources and claims.
@Dave L :
Not a SINGLE thing they documented is an actual LDS doctrinal source.

I will wait for you to acknowledge this fact before continuing any further discussion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are semi-pelagian in your view of salvation for one.
Because I don't hold to the 3 points of Calvinism that you do?

Define semi-pelagian and then quote my words where I promote that doctrine; and then show from the Bible how your view of that doctrinal issue is superior to mine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just brought up one of many errors a second ago.
My bad, I didn't see your post before posting what I posted.

Also, thank you for reminding me that I am going to heaven (even though I already knew that); for it is written, Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

(unfortunately, many today do not understand that the meaning of the word persecution includes the attempt to discredit someone as a teacher)

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Because I don't hold to the 3 points of Calvinism that you do?

Define semi-pelagian and then quote my words where I promote that doctrine; and then show from the Bible how your view of that doctrinal issue is superior to mine.
If you do not know what semi-pelagianism is, you need to study more than three hours a day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Again, not a single "source" you've been point on here is an actual source.
all that Dave needs though see is for them to claim that they are Mormons, and voila.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not know what semi-pelagianism is, you need to study more than three hours a day.
Jde 1:16, These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

sect (of Judaism)...which broke off and became a religion of its own.

Islam is a world religion.

Buddhism is a world religion.

Seems every Religious Organization could be identified as a CULT.

Would you agree?

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
btw, I do know what it (semi-pelagianism) is (though it is pretty far in the back of my mind and I need a refresher: there is such a wealth of information in my brain that the things that I have studied less sometimes need to be restored by a reminder of what they are: my mind cannot immediately retrieve the information because it is further back: and also, the primary source of my study is not books about the Bible; but the Bible itself).

Since you are saying that I believe in it, I think the burden is on you to elaborate on what you're saying: otherwise you are simply slandering me as believing some sort of false doctrine and not backing up your words with documentation.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Dave cannot read that like you imagine, like most ppl can, so don't hold your breath ok. Dave is not here, and I don't mean that as a put-down. Dave profits from tax arrangements with the world, and Jesus is strictly his vehicle. You might get away from the Mormon angle and just Quote some Scripture he doesn't like, and see
Many former Mormons also call it a cult. Google it..........
I don't need to google the obvious Dave, many former Mormons also become heroin addicts prolly, so what

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again: even the documentation is false. The sources they quote aren't even LDS doctrinal sources.

For a third time: I don't care if anyone agree with my beliefs. Totally don't care.

Bravo...Good for you!

But trying to "disprove" something no one believes is just downright silly. Let us instead by earnest disciples of Christ, and get our facts straight.

Get the fact(S) straight? Impossible.

And that is the whole crux of the condundrum.

ANYONE claiming to associate with ANY particular NAMED Religious Organization...

MUST "BY AN OTHERS DETERMINATION" (ha ha)....unequivocally BELIEVE IN EVERY SINGLE THING the "other" person HAS "HEARD ABOUT" that "particular" Religious Organization!!

IT DOES NOT MATTER, what one says...
IT DOES NOT MATTER, even IF the "other" does not BELIEVE "every single thing about THEIR OWN religious organization"....

"THEY" are the prosecutor...and "YOU" the defendant!!

Not much different that any court room...
It is NOT about the WHOLE truth.
It is NOT about what is JUST.

It is solely ABOUT a "WIN"...and their pride puffed up.

Why so MANY "religious" NAME TAGS?
Precisely because people in general DO NOT AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE THING some people with the NAME TAG promote.

So, cudos to you. Stick with the religious NAME tag of your choosing and "too bad" for the "Persecutors" who FAIL to acknowledge your own testimony of Belief.
Christ the Lord Jesus heard you, and that is all that really matters.

God Bless,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tritheism (MORMONISM). The belief in three separate gods, and hence the denial of the Christian »Trinity. Tritheism is a form of polytheism.

Nichols, L. A., Mather, G. A., & Schmidt, A. J. (2006). In Encyclopedic Dictionary of Cults, Sects, and World Religions (p. 458). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
A Biblical understanding is: Three in One, and One in Three; plenty of Scriptures for this.

Reactions: Dave L