Something Fishy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
WARNING THIS OP HAS BEEN DEBUNKED

Mark 8:22-24 NIV
22They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?” 24He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”

How does this man who was born blind know how to make a reference about people and tree's?

(24He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”)

If he's never seen a human or a tree in his life.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 8:22-24 NIV
22They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?” 24He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”

How does this man who was born blind know how to make a reference about people and tree's?

(24He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”)

But he must have laid his hands on them - it's what all blind people do in order to understand the world and the people around them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not really sure what you mean.
Blind people see with their sense of touch, smell and hearing and even taste. ..they read books, cook, sew, clean, and basically live a fairly normal life....I am sure when he was a young boy his parents took him to a tree and let him touch it and learn the different smells and such and taught him that it was a tree.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking left instead of right.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Blind people see with their sense of touch, smell and hearing and even taste. ..they read books, cook, sew, clean, and basically live a fairly normal life....I am sure when he was a young boy his parents took him to a tree and let him touch it and learn the different smells and such and taught him that it was a tree.
I agree, and therefor wrong in my analysis about blindness.

Thankyou.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He could have heard about trees and humans from others, or even determined their shapes and textures by touch. There is no need to underestimate this person.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
He could have heard about trees and humans from others, or even determined their shapes and textures by touch. There is no need to underestimate this person.
Yeah I understand. My OP is and was flawed, so I can't defend my former concept if it's wrong.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you were going to relate the Vision to the Trees of Eden...

Ezekiel 31:9
"I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him."

I feel there is a deep meaning to your OP.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I thought you were going to relate the Vision to the Trees of Eden...

Ezekiel 31:9
"I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him."

I feel there is a deep meaning to your OP.
Take from it what you will. It's free.