Spiritual Eye to discern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aother 2012

And so it was that one day, God decided to make Himself a bell, and so He collected all the finest gold, fired it , and spent time fashioning a mould. When the gold was ready, He went above it and made sure He could see His face in it, and He thought to Himself, " this is fine gold and will make a good bell". And so He poured the gold into the mould,. after it cooled He removed the bell from the mould and inspected it, and and thought." perfect just as I invisioned it to be", then he took a hammer and rung the bell and it rang true ," Since this is my first I will call it my " Jesus", bell and it will be used as a reference for all the rest, Then He proceeded to pour the second bell, but in the process some impurity slipt in, so when he removed it from the mould, He thought to Himself.' this looks just like the first," but when He rang the bell, it was not the same, for it was tainted with catholism", and so He poured another, but it became tainted with 7r-th day adventism, and a third but it was, agnostic, and a fourth , but it was coc, then cclc then presbetyrian, and so He poured millions of bells, they all looked like the first but none of them rang true. Enough He said, then He proceeded to take all the bells, through them back into the vat and wound up the temperature, and as it boiled away, noises came out, division, religion, hate, lust, jealousy, anger , bitternes, but each time a sound came out He just made the fire hotter, and slowly He removed all the impurities from the surface, then He looked and thought, " this is almost ready", so He took the mould and washed it 7 times and each time He inspected it to make sure it had no deffects. The He went above the vat, and looked in, removed the last of the dregs, and waited till the last ripple stilled and. Thought, " as it was before, I can see my face in it", and so He poured another , then as He removed it , He closely inspected it , and found no imperfections, and then He rang His Jesus bell, and the new bell and they rang in unison, And He thought to Himself", I am pleased, it is a splitting image of the first, and I cannot pick the difference, and continued pouring more, each time ensuring that they all rang true to the first. " No impurities' not one , they must all look and sound the same, they must all be of one accord".

There is not a single church today that would not say they are the right church. Christ is buiding His church upon the sure and steady foundation of revelation.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

In all His Love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another one from 2012, musta being a good year. let me know if you want me to stop,

You become like your teacher

Why is it so many people are coming out of church. To many it is a real hard question to answer, from dissatisfaction, unhappy with what’s being taught, not comfortable etc etc. But you See i could have also made this topic, "They speak but they don’t hear what they are saying".

I browse a few christian forums and when new people come in, the first thing people tell them to do is find a church that they are happy in. Now think about it for a minute. If all the church was from God, if all the elders, pastors, teachers were from God then why would one be any different from another. If you felt guilty about something that was spoken in one, why would you not feel guilty about that in another?, "if ", they were all from God.

The problem is they are not. It finally dawned on me today. My dad came over for a holiday many years ago, as we walked past a church he listened for a moment and said oh that’s from the so and so church. How did he know, Its so simple, you become like your teacher.

You have to ask yourself, do I want to be like Jesus or do i want to be like my pastor, its a hard one isn’t it. The reason why there are so many different churches is because no one can agree on the gospel so they just preach it as they understand it and form a church that all believe it that way. Did not Jesus say, "a house divided cannot stand". Mens church is divided and it will not stand against the fire that is coming. So here is the dilemma.

How many people do you know that when you speak to them, that you can figure out which bible college etc they came from, I’m sure a lot of people will know someone. Again if you want to become like Jesus, then you have to learn from Him. Going to Bible College will do nothing but teach you about the bible, mens understanding of the bible, and about Jesus and mens understanding of Jesus and probably earn you a nice piece of paper that really means nothing to God. So when you discuss the scriptures with someone they will say, oh so and so taught you.

But here is something so much more exciting, learning from Jesus. Try it, go and sit at His feet and ask him to teach you. Can you imagine what it would be like to chat to someone and they will say, wow, i know of no man that teaches like that, and you will say, that’s because no man taught me, Jesus did. You see the longer you spend with Jesus the more like Him you will become, there is no other way, if you want to be changed into His image then you need to spend so much time with Him that no one will be able to tell you apart. Of course if you choose to stay in religion and learn from men, you will just be like everyone else. Have you ever dyed something, is it not that the longer it is soaked in that colour in the vat the more it will hold and the longer the dye will last. Think about it.

I guess the biggest question is, if you wanted to be a professional violinist who would your learn from, bob down the road of would you seek someone who is well known and learn from the??? And guess what you will sound just like them.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth
Very good with regard to your post #82. [It's the only one I read.]
Then people will ask, If I can connect directly with the Lord like that... Why does anyone bother to read or study a Bible? Consider that God has according to the Bible and according to the testimonies of people like yourself communicated to people in different ways... including, but not limited to what is written.

Jesus refers frequently to the OT scriptures in the gospels. The gospels themselves were written to preserve what witnesses saw so that others could hear/read what occurred. Moses had no book of which we know. Abraham had no book of which we know. Jesus knew what was written, but what was important of that of other things of God, Jesus had without ever carrying a book... no matter who might have written it

The epistles were simply letters written to people who were not in the same room or the same city or even in the same nation with the writer... but they needed help.

Similarly we see telephones or even Christian forums on the Internet such as this one as means for people to receive or give help to those in need. The problem with is of course, that some people will give the wrong advice, but this has always been true. Consider Job's three friends. And the same could be said of the written scriptures. If a person cannot read, or cannot understand the underlying meaning of what he reads, what must he do? He is lost for lack of a book or lack of the witness of a man?

God sent Philip to the Ethiopian eunuch [Acts chapter 8] to provide the needed help. God sends angels [messengers] to help those who are hungry and thirsty for His righteousness. If they really are hungry and thirsty will they not be filled?

God also sometimes sends a Bible to a person who heart is toward God. The Book contains many good things from God, but alone who can the Book help?

God is still sending the Holy Spirit to help and often that Spirit is found in men like Philip who them are given the right words [Word] to give proper assistance.

So don't throw away your Bibles, but remember that we do need to communicate with God directly.

But, to put the Bible on a pedestal can be compared with the children of Israel who took the fiery serpent of brass prepared by Moses on God's command [Numbers 21] to save them and worshiped it [II Kings 18:4] instead of the God who had instigated its creation in the first place.

God's Word was made flesh, NOT a book with inked words of pages of paper.

As Jesus was the Word of God, so can the same Word become a part of us as it is written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen...some good words and posts here :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the Bible will be perceived differently by one who has not lost their first love, and i can say that Scripture has become much more alive to me now than when i worshipped It as Word.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. The Holy Spirit intercede for us in prayer.
Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”.

This verse is true, for I experience it for myself. Shortly after meeting my wife, and joining the church. Myself, and several other young brothers was in training to be deacons for the church, the local congregation. We was all up, and coming in the church, so to say, we had a passion for the Lord. We was not yet deacons, we were in the starting stage of training. One Sunday morning the chairman of the deacon board, came, or gathered us, (the trainee) together with one other season deacon and asked if we was comfortable in helping to open the worship service at the 11 o’clock hour. The ordained deacons, a few was on communication else where, and the ones who was assigned this day for worship was all out with the flu, except the chairman and the one other deacon. we all agreed to help. the routine first, was to go to the pastor office and have prayer before we go out to the congregation. we was all lined up in front of the pastor desk and I was on the end next to the wall. after prayer, the chairman knew we had just started training, and didn’t want to give us a particular assignment in worship to do, but asked us what we would be comfortable in doing. There was an opening hymn, a scripture to be read, and two more songs, and two more prayers to do. So the chairman gave us a choice in what we was comfortable in doing and he and the other deacon would take up the rest. None of us trainee had never prayed in front of an open congregation before. One brother who could sing said that he would lead a song. (I can’t sing), so I was going to say I’ll read a scripture, but another one of the brother beat me to the punch and said that he would read the scripture. The only thing left was a song and a prayer. (and I can’t sing). another brother said he’ll try in leading a song, and the the only thing left was the last prayer. Mind you, I’m next to the wall in the pastor office. Then we all hear a voice say, coming from where I was standing, said, “I’ll pray”. it was not me, my mouth was shut, but all of us heard it and I was about to turn, but remembered I was next to the wall and there was no one next to me toward the wall. So the chairman said ok, and thank us all in helping out, and assured us if we failed in anything, he, or the other deacon would pick up the slack. Now I’m shocked and wondering who was it that spoke because it was not me. as said, I or none of the trainee had never prayed in open congregation before, yes at home or maybe in Sunday school or BTU or something like that but never before the congregation at worship hour. Well on my way toward the vestibule, the devil jump into my mind, and said, you know you never prayed in church before, but I’ll help you out. (yea, like I need his help) and he said, “Just say what brother or sister so in so say when they pray and you’ll be fine”. oh yes the devil is in church, believe it or not. but before I entered into the main chamber, I had, just as the devil said, put together a prayer that I could have sold. It had all the right words, and I knew how to use my voice in raising it and lowering it. as the worship service progressed, everything went fine, and now it came to the last prayer, and it was my turn to pray. When the chairman who lead the last song motion to the congregation near the end of the song to sit down, and me who was going to pray kneeled down on the chair that I sitting in, the congregation after finishing the song began to hum. This was my cue to start praying. Well it happen, as I was to began to pray, God snatched that devil/man made prayer I had put together out of my head and my mind went blank. I had nothing to say. While I was yet kneeled down, the same voice that said “I’ll pray” in pastor office said speak what’s on your HEART, and not what's on your mind. At the the time the church was going through some bad times. And everyone was in a low state of mind. So I open my mouth and remember what Moses said when he prayed to God. He open his pray with “The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob”. these was the exact words I said, and the ONLY WORDS I SAID. Because the voice which spoke with me started to pray for me. How do I know, because my mouth was shut tight. Yes, the sound of the voice was coming from where I was kneeled down at but it was not me, it sounded like me, but it was not me Speaking. So while I was kneeled down, I open my eyes to see if the deacon next to me was praying, but he was still sitting in his chair. And no one else was on the other side of me. Mind you, while I was trying to find out who this was praying I didn’t want to get up, so I slowly turned my head to the right, and then to the left to see what was going on. But the voice was still praying, and I heard some amens here and there and then some shouting, and more shouting. Well I didn’t know what to do but keep my head down. When the pray was finish, the deacon next to me, turned and look at me and said, “man what a prayer you gave”. as said, the church was going through a few thing, but people was shouting and many came and grab my hand and said, “we needed that prayer”. and I had no clue what was said. Well it turned the church around that day and the church came together and worshiped and praised the as it was supposed to in Joy and happiness. But from that day to this very day I cannot remember nothing of that prayer. I did understood later, that it was the Holy Spirit who interceded and prayed for what we needed.

Peace in Christ Jesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the Bible will be perceived differently by one who has not lost their first love, and i can say that Scripture has become much more alive to me now than when i worshipped It as Word.
translation: Indian Christianity is likely still in the little child stage, no professors iow, whereas in Western Christianity we are mostly all professors now. Speaking generally. i say this despite the fact that they have had Christians longer than we have been a country. Why this is i could not say, some commentary on the Indian heart in general i guess?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My God,

My God sits in Heaven upon His throne, He is so vast that no number of books could ever be written to contain His wisdom and Knowledege. My God looks down from heaven upon the earth, and watches man doing all the foolish things He does. But He sits with a big grin on His face because He know that soon it will all end, and everything will be just as He has determined from the beginning of time. My God sent Jesus, He sent Him as a sacrifice for our sins, so that we who do not deserve it will be redeemed back to God. Now Jesus is with all men, there is not one man who walks this earth who does not have Jesus, He speaks to all, just in the hope that one would listen but so few do and so they walk with their backs turned to Him. So He sent us the Holy Spirit. All who receive Him are Given the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us into all the truth. Jesus send Him to one to show Him a word, He sends Him to another to give Him revelation, He Sends Him to another to reveal Jesus. But as always, He returns and says. I went to this man to give Him your word and He received it than He looked it up in the bible and it disagreed with what he believed so He rejected it, I went to another to Give Him your Word, and He received it with gladness, and ran to his pastor and told Him, but His pastor said it wasn’t God, so He rejected your word too. I went to another to tell Him of you but He rejected me because he says God doesn’t speak to man anymore, how long Lord, must this be. And Jesus with sadness says. " I know it has being like this for so long, but soon the veil will be lifted and all will see".

In all his Love

Reactions: 101G and amadeus

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
translation: Indian Christianity is likely still in the little child stage, no professors iow, whereas in Western Christianity we are mostly all professors now. Speaking generally. i say this despite the fact that they have had Christians longer than we have been a country. Why this is i could not say, some commentary on the Indian heart in general i guess?

The Churches in the western world do not need professors. They need a divine encounter with Jesus. Little children is what God wants are to be like because without that childlike faith, it is impossible to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. ,Psalms 8:2, Matthew 18:3, Matthew 18:6, Matthew 18:10, 18:14, Matthew 19:14, Matthew 21:15-16, Mark 10:13-16, Matthew 21:16, Luke 18:17. Persecution of Indian Christians as well as Chinese and christians outside the western world have been going on for centuries. This has not happened in our world to the same extent but I am sure it will come our way sooner or later. I wonder how we will stand with the teachings of professors under our belts when we face execution or watching our families die as they have, because they will not deny Jesus as their Lord and Savior even unto death. Think about it!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I wonder how we will stand with the teachings of professors under our belts when we face execution or watching our families die as they have, because they will not deny Jesus as their Lord and Savior even unto death. Think about it!
this is the story that is propagated, but imo it is strictly a scare tactic, and i liken it to portraying possessed people via movies like the exorcist or whatever. Iow neither of those things is an accurate characterization, at least not in some important essential. I'm not meaning to say that it would be impossible for you to be in a position where others wanted to cut off your head for being a Christian, but far and away your best chance for this will be to go to a country that is not predominantly Christian and start "putting Jesus in the streets." (in the usual, counterfeit way)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought id lost this one

Two Streams

There is a mountain, the mountain of God, from which all of Gods words for man flow, and from this mountain there is a stream. which carries these words to men. Somewhere down the mountain there is a fork in this stream, the stream splits in two, one side flows through the world, and as it does, it gets contaminated by, mens religon, mens wisdom, mens teachings, mens learning, mens understanding, and alongside it there are men and women, drinking from this stream, thinking this stream bring them life, but it does not, it is slowly killing them, the banks are muddied and they struggle to leave this stream as the mud sticks to them and weighs them down, and they are heavily burdened,

And the second stream, so vastly different from the first, it flows freely, unhindered, through valleys, of mountains and fields, where all along its banks is life. There are His sheep living along this bank, they are healthy. there fleece is white as snow, and as they drink of this stream , they grow in stature and in wisdom. They look across the valley to the other stream there, where they once where, but will never return, for here they have life in abundance.

In His Love

March 2011

Reactions: 101G

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, sorry, I am a coward at heart...but I will be reading this interestingly.
And I may comment if I feel brave enough. :)
Bless you.
Ha...and I saw this as an example of discernment! You know when and where to speak...lest
it get trampled ...what is dear and holy to you, you hold close to your heart...and you are smart
enough to know your audience.
I don't see a coward, but a smart person that has learned from experience.
icon_thumleft.gif

I applaud this thread 101G!
Oh, and I just have too too too many many revelations...I've talked about so many on diff forums, so I'm not shy. Maybe later...after some coffee...
coffee2.gif
glasses10.gif

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instantly I realized that we are spirit and not this body we are clothed in. I also realized, BECAUSE of this revelation, that my WHOLE life was invalid as a fabricated story which I made for myself since birth.
Ah, so maybe this is why I have liked you!
occasion14.gif

And now I don't need to write about 'that' particular one, myself....also after a death.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us just "happened" to be born.
It wasn't a happenstance that our egg got fertilized ...we were chosen.
There are no accidents in God.
Here we are, and God put each one of us on this earth.
He had His Plan from the very begging for us...and at the end, we will see the glory of it all unfold. ✟
Well, you all are making things so much easier for me...another one down I
don't need to post.*wink*...I would only add ...'and when my life went past me like
a slide show and I saw in awe
that each and every moment, no matter how small was for 1 reason...orchestrated
to bring me closer to Him....and to this very moment ...and this very moment...and this very moment..." ♥
Along the same lines as above so I added it...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He convicted my spirit to give to their need.
So, I learned that God moves through His people.
I'm on page 3 now...and yet another saving me time ! LOL!
I would only add being swept over by a spiritual/almost physical 'breeze' in a store to hand
a $20 bill to an 8 yr old ....when i didn't have my mortgage even paid yet!
Adding: I over heard him having no milk for cereal, even....
2 hrs later someone handed me $325 that completed the rest I needed buying a st glass from me that was not for sale...ha.
This 'not having $$' was before I was then the recipient of $100,000 to pay off that pesky mortgage..
that was really never a true issue because God paid it every month
anyway, not 'me', per se...as I knew He would and always casted any care...until he simply got rid of it.
My spiritual revelation years before, fulfilled once again?:
No need to ever worry about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Last edited:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God,

My God sits in Heaven upon His throne, He is so vast that no number of books could ever be written to contain His wisdom and Knowledege. My God looks down from heaven upon the earth, and watches man doing all the foolish things He does. But He sits with a big grin on His face because He know that soon it will all end, and everything will be just as He has determined from the beginning of time. My God sent Jesus, He sent Him as a sacrifice for our sins, so that we who do not deserve it will be redeemed back to God. Now Jesus is with all men, there is not one man who walks this earth who does not have Jesus, He speaks to all, just in the hope that one would listen but so few do and so they walk with their backs turned to Him. So He sent us the Holy Spirit. All who receive Him are Given the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us into all the truth. Jesus send Him to one to show Him a word, He sends Him to another to give Him revelation, He Sends Him to another to reveal Jesus. But as always, He returns and says. I went to this man to give Him your word and He received it than He looked it up in the bible and it disagreed with what he believed so He rejected it, I went to another to Give Him your Word, and He received it with gladness, and ran to his pastor and told Him, but His pastor said it wasn’t God, so He rejected your word too. I went to another to tell Him of you but He rejected me because he says God doesn’t speak to man anymore, how long Lord, must this be. And Jesus with sadness says. " I know it has being like this for so long, but soon the veil will be lifted and all will see".

In all his Love

There are men who walk this earth who DO NOT HAVE JESUS, they need Jesus. We must be careful on our use of words. Jesus is FOR man, would be the most appropriate word use not- "Now Jesus is with ALL men, there is not ONE man who walks this earth who DOES NOT HAVE JESUS". Sounds a lot like Pope Francis... and his half truths (Half a truth is the greatest lie of all for it is meant to deceive). The unfortunate truth and reality is- Most Men DO NOT HAVE JESUS! Hence is why MAN and the world are in such a terrible state. Christ walks with HIS FAITHFUL not evil men. And since the faithful are the MINORITY all men do not HAVE Christ. God Bless!

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from then on, I go to God, and he supplies the answer to his word.
so my discernment was to always go to God for the final assessment, in order to get it right. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding".
May God bless.
Ha! On Page 4 now. :)
Me, also... in a Dawning, Mouth Dropping middle of day Moment outta nowhere...I was overcome, yet again, with, "Oh my....this is (another,ha) 'secret'....acknowledge Him in all your ways!!!!"
I would add, 'first and only'.
Again, then you are skating through life...without a care
in the world. All burdens of any kind are given to Him.....thank You, Dad,
for showing me this 'secret'!
icon_cheers.gif

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A few years ago, I was caught up in the Spirit, its fun, i was standing over looking a lake, on the right half was complete and utter darkness, on the left was clear skies and filled with light. As i watched, people would step out of the darkness into the light. There was also a song being played, some would know it from a long time ago,

I can see clearly know the rain has gone,
I can see all obsticals in my way,
gone are teh dark clouds that had me blind,
gonna be a bright , bright, bright sun shiny day

Funny thing is wasnt much later you could see more people getting understanding, love that when it happens

Reactions: bbyrd009