Spiritual Eye to discern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you die to self, you no longer worry about the salvation of self;
preoccupation with the salvation of the self = lack of dying to self
Very well put indeed, and in my experiences with people, something most have a lot of trouble understanding, as they still believe, that they themselves ( as you put it, NOT dead to self) have to DO to add to Christs finished work.......Sadly I think a lot of things get read over and over , but not really seen for what it is telling us, usually because people try to understand spiritual things by the flesh, or just a lack of understanding that we have those two to contend with...........We can choose to 'walk out' the rest of our lives by and through the flesh or we can do it by and through The Holy Spirit.......The choice is still up to us....:)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This Man

One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,

Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.

So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.

So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.

Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.

And so Jesus said.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 7:7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

(Mat 7:8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Rev 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(Joh 10:7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So knock on his door, enter in and find the unspeakable joy that is Jesus.

God bless

David

March 2007

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't usually come to me just like that because I want them to... But God has many times given me things to share, but they are usually in His time and then He gives me what is needed for the moment or for the person or...but I will give a testimony that relates to my whole life today.

My wife and I had had some tight financial situations throughout our marriage, but we had always handled them. Sometimes we had trusted in God, but more often we had just trusted in ourselves. I would work maximum overtime and take on second jobs to get it done. This time that wasn't going to happen. To start with, I had retired from my federal govt. job and was on a fixed income. My wife was already fully disabled and couldn't handle a job.

God took us back (yes, my wife was involved in it). We buried ourselves in Him. We prayed and read the Bible (neither done for about 10 years) and never missed a service.

Very shortly AFTER coming back to God financial trouble hit us as it had never done before. An error in our checkbook caused us to bounce a check. That one bounced check was the beginning of a landslide. To salvage our situation we turned back our new car to the dealer. We were still on the verge of losing our house.

We lived about 15 miles out of town and had no transportation. My wife had severe and chronic asthma, which in spite of medication was not completely under control. If she had an attack, we had no way to get into town. We would have to wait for an ambulance. But...we were trusting God and she never had a severe episode during that time.

A good brother in the Lord was saving money to fix his house. It had a faulty concrete foundation that eventually would ruin or destroy his home. He recognized our need and believed it greater than his own. He found a good operating a car, paid $2000.00 cash for it and gave us the pink slip. God had provided us with transportation.

We were still in danger of losing our home. I went to work helping a tree trimmer and mowing lawns and picking up aluminum cans and doing anything else that a man in his late 50's who had worked a desk job most of his life could find. My wife began to sew for additional extra income. All of those efforts might have done it...but when I went to work helping a man replace the siding on his house, I got physically ill on the job. I knew that I couldn't afford to lose the job so I worked on, but after about two hours, in the boiling hot Oklahoma sun I was on the verge of passing out. I just had to go home and trust in God. I had no other choice.

Finally, we filed bankruptcy. We had held off on this until there was no other recourse. We had spoken to financial counselors and they saw no other way for us.

Remember that all of these difficulties came on us immediately AFTER we had been accepted back by God. Nevertheless, we refused to give up on God and in spite of the impossible financial pressure we never stopped giving a portion of our income to Him.

About 2 or 3 weeks after filing bankruptcy, but before going to court for it, we received a phone call from a private detective in Arizona. He had been searching for my wife in connection with an estate. She had an aunt that she had not seen or heard from since she was a little girl in California over 40 years earlier.

The aunt had died in Kentucky and had no children. Her estate was divided among nieces and nephews including my wife. We advised the bankruptcy trustee about the inheritance and he froze the inheritance to apply it toward our creditors. When the inheritance was received it paid off all of those we filed bankruptcy against and gave us a little beyond that.

It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of how great God is and what He did for us. I love Him too much to turn back now.

So then the eyes to see have come to me in how I live my life and how I serve my God. I made many missteps since that financial disaster, but never have I seriously considered taking my eyes off of Him again.
Thanks for that wonderful testimony God bless you and your family

They don't usually come to me just like that because I want them to... But God has many times given me things to share, but they are usually in His time and then He gives me what is needed for the moment or for the person or...but I will give a testimony that relates to my whole life today.

My wife and I had had some tight financial situations throughout our marriage, but we had always handled them. Sometimes we had trusted in God, but more often we had just trusted in ourselves. I would work maximum overtime and take on second jobs to get it done. This time that wasn't going to happen. To start with, I had retired from my federal govt. job and was on a fixed income. My wife was already fully disabled and couldn't handle a job.

God took us back (yes, my wife was involved in it). We buried ourselves in Him. We prayed and read the Bible (neither done for about 10 years) and never missed a service.

Very shortly AFTER coming back to God financial trouble hit us as it had never done before. An error in our checkbook caused us to bounce a check. That one bounced check was the beginning of a landslide. To salvage our situation we turned back our new car to the dealer. We were still on the verge of losing our house.

We lived about 15 miles out of town and had no transportation. My wife had severe and chronic asthma, which in spite of medication was not completely under control. If she had an attack, we had no way to get into town. We would have to wait for an ambulance. But...we were trusting God and she never had a severe episode during that time.

A good brother in the Lord was saving money to fix his house. It had a faulty concrete foundation that eventually would ruin or destroy his home. He recognized our need and believed it greater than his own. He found a good operating a car, paid $2000.00 cash for it and gave us the pink slip. God had provided us with transportation.

We were still in danger of losing our home. I went to work helping a tree trimmer and mowing lawns and picking up aluminum cans and doing anything else that a man in his late 50's who had worked a desk job most of his life could find. My wife began to sew for additional extra income. All of those efforts might have done it...but when I went to work helping a man replace the siding on his house, I got physically ill on the job. I knew that I couldn't afford to lose the job so I worked on, but after about two hours, in the boiling hot Oklahoma sun I was on the verge of passing out. I just had to go home and trust in God. I had no other choice.

Finally, we filed bankruptcy. We had held off on this until there was no other recourse. We had spoken to financial counselors and they saw no other way for us.

Remember that all of these difficulties came on us immediately AFTER we had been accepted back by God. Nevertheless, we refused to give up on God and in spite of the impossible financial pressure we never stopped giving a portion of our income to Him.

About 2 or 3 weeks after filing bankruptcy, but before going to court for it, we received a phone call from a private detective in Arizona. He had been searching for my wife in connection with an estate. She had an aunt that she had not seen or heard from since she was a little girl in California over 40 years earlier.

The aunt had died in Kentucky and had no children. Her estate was divided among nieces and nephews including my wife. We advised the bankruptcy trustee about the inheritance and he froze the inheritance to apply it toward our creditors. When the inheritance was received it paid off all of those we filed bankruptcy against and gave us a little beyond that.

It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of how great God is and what He did for us. I love Him too much to turn back now.

So then the eyes to see have come to me in how I live my life and how I serve my God. I made many missteps since that financial disaster, but never have I seriously considered taking my eyes off of Him again.

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia THIS is what was said in the Opening Post.
And so far it is working! Praise the Lord, :)

Thank you 101G for thinking of this "safe place" for us. ✟
GINOLJC to all. Thank you BG for keeping things in order. I'M OUT of town right now be be back home tonight. I'M ON MY PHONE now. Forgot to bring laptop. Hard to type on phone. But keep the topic in order, and again thanks

Reactions: pia and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well in discernment in the case of the Lord, the Righteousness Judgement and Mercy of the Lord our God is not contrary to His Love Faith and Hope and those are not contrary to His Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding and none of that is contrary to the Truth Way and Life of the Lord God. one is not unlike the other in Spirit that is of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well in discernment in the case of the Lord, the Righteousness Judgement and Mercy of the Lord our God is not contrary to His Love Faith and Hope and those are not contrary to His Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding and none of that is contrary to the Truth Way and Life of the Lord God. one is not unlike the other in Spirit that is of God.
Thanks, very good, amen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the reminder.....I adore this part of Isaiah, as I do with many other parts, and it is helpful to be reminded......By you writing this, I was reminded of the 2nd ever actual 'scripture' I was given by the Lord, which was Isa 54:4-10......To this day, when it is at the forefront of my memory, it brings me so much peace and always manages to encourage me, so thank you so much for that ( I hadn't thought on that for a while).
I honestly think this forum would be great, if we could share our experiences with Him, openly and without fear of being ostracized and humiliated by those who are supposed to know better............Imagine how much our beloved Father could get done, if we were in unity of heart and mind ?............I think on that a lot....
Thanks again for your lovely post .......Blessings and peace in Him.........Pia
And thank you Pia. Like the apostle Paul said be bold in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have you got any moments between you and the Lord you could share with us perhaps ?
ya, that last one went over so well, huh? lol

imo my biggest insight so far is about how Scripture was written, from what pov iow, how a reader's likely perspective is anticipated, and even catered to, and this has not been very well received either, i guess.

i've stated a few others, about going out in the way of the 12 or the 70 as Christ sent them, but i guess being as how these are more or less direct attacks on our current church system, they are hard to contemplate i guess?

so then the others would be complete nonsense prolly, i mean how might i encourage someone to give their shirt to a coat thief, rather than call the cops, let alone embracing a Judas that God might send them, knowing beforehand the personal cost?

these end up being taken as conviction or whatever, i guess? actually i'm not sure how they are taken, as they are usually ignored lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
that they themselves ( as you put it, NOT dead to self) have to DO to add to Christs finished work
funny, i am big on works, yet i still can understand and agree with you here. Being happy with nothing is a hard place to get to, but only then can the works hairball be properly undertaken imo. Simply because until then our desires get in the way. Ok, i guess they still get in the way, but one is able to at least recognize them then? Something like that.

Fasting imparts lessons that just cannot be absorbed from a Book, is i guess another way to put that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Man

One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,

Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.

So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.

So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.

Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.

And so Jesus said.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 7:7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

(Mat 7:8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Rev 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(Joh 10:7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So knock on his door, enter in and find the unspeakable joy that is Jesus.

God bless

David

March 2007
GREAT mjrhealth, thanks. yes, sometimes we're to busy. this remind me of the two sisters of Lazarus, of Bethany, Mary and Martha. again thanks.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago, I was in college. Just married. Hard times. I dropped out for a semester to go to work after completing maybe 2 and 1/2 years. It was a small college and we all new each other and the teachers.

One day I stopped at the grocery store for some things. I saw in the distance, several isles over, a couple with their back turned to me. I knew it was a teacher of the college and his wife. I really liked them. So I rushed over to say hi to them and they turned around and it wasn't them. I apologized and was greatly disappointed.

That evening a good friend of mine, who was still going to the college, and his wife came over for supper. They happened to mention that they saw this same teacher at college today. And the teacher was telling them the difficulty he was in because the college required a certain pledge of money from the teachers every year to help support the college. And he didn't have it.

This hit me to the core. They were already on my mind due to the people at the store. So I wanted to help. But I didn't want them to know where it was coming from. So I told my friends to put this money in the teachers mailbox, as they had access to the mailroom, but make sure no one sees you place it there. And they did.

End of story for several months. Then I had worked enough to go back to college for a semester. And, one of my classes was taught by this same teacher that I had tried to help.

Well, one day in that class, the discussion somehow turned to how God provides. And the teacher began sharing an incident in his life where God provided. And it was the very incident where I gave the money into his mailbox. So, here I am sitting and listening to him tell the story that led up to me doing what I did.

He said he needed help money wise. And he went to the mailbox to get his mail one day. And he said he prayed. He said God, I know I have heard of how you provide miraculously for your people through the mail. I just ask that you help me in this same way concerning the money I need. And he said the next day he went to his mailbox and a certain amount of money was there. He didn't know where it came from and no one knew he prayed that. And he said it wasn't the total of what he needed but he said he dug hard to get the rest.

Well, I am sitting there, quietly embarrassed. But then I think on this. This was God all the way. He placed these people on my mind before I knew of their situation. He had my friends talk to him and share his troubles. He had me and my friends have supper that evening. He convicted my spirit to give to their need.

So, I learned that God moves through His people.

Stranger

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago, I was in college. Just married. Hard times. I dropped out for a semester to go to work after completing maybe 2 and 1/2 years. It was a small college and we all new each other and the teachers.

One day I stopped at the grocery store for some things. I saw in the distance, several isles over, a couple with their back turned to me. I knew it was a teacher of the college and his wife. I really liked them. So I rushed over to say hi to them and they turned around and it wasn't them. I apologized and was greatly disappointed.

That evening a good friend of mine, who was still going to the college, and his wife came over for supper. They happened to mention that they saw this same teacher at college today. And the teacher was telling them the difficulty he was in because the college required a certain pledge of money from the teachers every year to help support the college. And he didn't have it.

This hit me to the core. They were already on my mind due to the people at the store. So I wanted to help. But I didn't want them to know where it was coming from. So I told my friends to put this money in the teachers mailbox, as they had access to the mailroom, but make sure no one sees you place it there. And they did.

End of story for several months. Then I had worked enough to go back to college for a semester. And, one of my classes was taught by this same teacher that I had tried to help.

Well, one day in that class, the discussion somehow turned to how God provides. And the teacher began sharing an incident in his life where God provided. And it was the very incident where I gave the money into his mailbox. So, here I am sitting and listening to him tell the story that led up to me doing what I did.

He said he needed help money wise. And he went to the mailbox to get his mail one day. And he said he prayed. He said God, I know I have heard of how you provide miraculously for your people through the mail. I just ask that you help me in this same way concerning the money I need. And he said the next day he went to his mailbox and a certain amount of money was there. He didn't know where it came from and no one knew he prayed that. And he said it wasn't the total of what he needed but he said he dug hard to get the rest.

Well, I am sitting there, quietly embarrassed. But then I think on this. This was God all the way. He placed these people on my mind before I knew of their situation. He had my friends talk to him and share his troubles. He had me and my friends have supper that evening. He convicted my spirit to give to their need.

So, I learned that God moves through His people.

Stranger
thanks stranger, yes, God do move in mysterious ways, through PEOPLE. I had this to happen to me also.

be bless and thanks for the share.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just Today, my wife and I got a blessing similar to amadeus and his wife, similar. My wife have TMJ and the only dentists she trust is in a city north of us approx 300 plus miles away. we have made this trip many of times approx 6 this year alone. but there is a dentists in our city who can treat patients with TMJ but he require his patients to pay up front first, which runs into the thousands of dollars, and then let the insurance company pay the rest. well on the return home today, exhausted from the ride, my wife stated that these trips was just too much traveling and that she was going to find a dentists in the city where we live. so she made some calls from the car on the road. upon calling a few dentists, and explaining her condition, most said that they would call her back, (we said to each other, no they want). so to cheer each other up we sang songs to God, and giving him the glory. couple of my favorites are, "Pass me not", and "This little light of mine". well I can't sing but my wife can. even in some pain (from a treatment) she still sang with me. at the end of our singing while in the car on the road, my wife decided to give this particular dentists a call. but before she called, the phone rang. it was one of the office assistance she had spoke to earlier. but here was the twist. the office assistance had called this particular dentists and she said that he, the dentists, was waiting for my wife call. apparently this office assistance had told the dentists of my wife concerns. well to our surprise, my wife called. and I overheard what the dentists said. he explain that he used, and work with a, only one, particular insurance company. well my wife private insurance company was not that one. so he recommend to my wife to apply to this particular insurance company. well we called this evening, and now she will be enrolling and will pay less money for the new insurance compared to her old insurance. we thank God and now hopefully we can save time and money on trips to the dentists.

Elizabeth73

Nov 14, 2017
Mesa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure if my story fits I’m this thread, but here goes..in 2015 I was on a trip with my church, we were in Cairo and Aswan for 10 days. During that time we got to meet several Muslims, including one that listened to us sing praises to Jesus , it brought him to tears. At one point when traveling to meet a lady who was telling us about her experience as a woman in Egypt, we were completely lost! We had to flag down cabs and get to her place, and none of our group spoke Arabic. 8 ladies alone in a foreign city, not being able to communicate very well. We prayed together, and I felt nothing but peace and protection. That’s just one example of many from the trip. The thing is, within a month of returning home, I believe I was being spiritually attacked. My prayers were not as frequent, I couldn’t sit still to read the Bible, it lasted for months. I’m doing better now, but still fighting some days. To anyone who doubts me, it’s ok. I just wanted to share

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Cross

(Mat 10:38) And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
(Mat 16:24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
(Luk 9:23) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
(Luk 14:27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

The Cross. What a heavy burden our saviour carried, yet he asks no less of us. When I first got saved I like many Christians did not understand the significance of this but as he moulded me I began to understand. Firstly I must say if you want a free trip to heaven than this is not for you. There are many who will read this and Say ,” Yes this is what I know”, for they have taken up there cross and are paying the price.

So you say I am saved through grace and I don’t have to do anything???

(Mar 10:17) And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
(Mar 10:18) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
(Mar 10:19) Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
(Mar 10:20) And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
(Mar 10:21) Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
(Mar 10:22) And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

(Mar 10:23) And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(Mat 10:39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Salvation comes at a price. The cross is the way, your life is the price. To some this is not an option, it is not there choice. God has called them and he expects no less.

(Mar 8:35) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

When God calls you, he wants you and not the excess baggage. Dying to one self is painful. Ask any one who has being there. Yashua was our example, He went to the cross alone. And anyone who cries out and says ,” you need people”, will find that at the time you need people the most seems the time when God removes them from your life. Who are we to depend on?. The pastor, your wife/husband, a best friend. They won’t be there. God wants us to depend wholly on him, if we have others to go to then he dosn’t get our attention.

(Mar 14:35) And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
(Mar 14:36) And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

When Yashua went into the garden to pray he left the disciples and prayed on his own.
When Yashua prayed that prayer, He was giving his life into His father Hands. He gave up his choices for His Fathers.
This prayer becomes a part of you life when the cross becomes a part of your life.

Lord not my will but yours.
Lord not my kingdom but yours.
Lord not my glory but yours.
Lord not my words but yours.
Lord not my way but yours.
Lord not my time but yours.

Then it got even lonelier.

(Mar 14:50) And they all forsook him, and fled.
(Mat 26:56) But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

When you take up your cross it becomes a personal battle. No one can do it but you. There was no one else who could die for us but Yashua. It is your battle, your walk, your cross, your life, yours and yours alone.
But don’t think you will be alone, there will always be someone with you, Yashua.

(Heb 13:5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

I ask you, “ who was it that led him away”?. It was those that he loved. Yashua hated no one. He died for all our sin. The people you love the most just might be the people that crucify you. You must learn to love the unloved, forgive the unforgivable, despise and judge no man. They will most likely not realise what they are doing. But it must happen.
So Yashua went alone. Despised and rejected by those that he loved. Innocent, but sent to the cross. Yashua knew he was innocent, but this I will say, when you take up your cross you may feel guilty, angry, rejected, unloved, unwanted, so small, and so hurt. There may even be emotions that you have never felt before. I know I did. I even went out into my back yard and said , “ How can there be a God?, what God would do this to a child of his”. I even told Yashua I wouldn’t serve him but thanks to Him that didn’t last long. Even our Lord felt forsaken…

Mr 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And David,

<To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.>
(Psa 22:1) My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
(Psa 22:2) O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
(Psa 22:3) But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
(Psa 22:4) Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure if my story fits I’m this thread, but here goes..in 2015 I was on a trip with my church, we were in Cairo and Aswan for 10 days. During that time we got to meet several Muslims, including one that listened to us sing praises to Jesus , it brought him to tears. At one point when traveling to meet a lady who was telling us about her experience as a woman in Egypt, we were completely lost! We had to flag down cabs and get to her place, and none of our group spoke Arabic. 8 ladies alone in a foreign city, not being able to communicate very well. We prayed together, and I felt nothing but peace and protection. That’s just one example of many from the trip. The thing is, within a month of returning home, I believe I was being spiritually attacked. My prayers were not as frequent, I couldn’t sit still to read the Bible, it lasted for months. I’m doing better now, but still fighting some days. To anyone who doubts me, it’s ok. I just wanted to share
Thanks E, God is always Good. listening to your story, it reminds me of the verse, "I will never leave you".
again thanks and be blessed in the Lord.

Reactions: Elizabeth73

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross

(Mat 10:38) And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
(Mat 16:24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
(Luk 9:23) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
(Luk 14:27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

The Cross. What a heavy burden our saviour carried, yet he asks no less of us. When I first got saved I like many Christians did not understand the significance of this but as he moulded me I began to understand. Firstly I must say if you want a free trip to heaven than this is not for you. There are many who will read this and Say ,” Yes this is what I know”, for they have taken up there cross and are paying the price.

So you say I am saved through grace and I don’t have to do anything???

(Mar 10:17) And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
(Mar 10:18) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
(Mar 10:19) Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
(Mar 10:20) And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
(Mar 10:21) Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
(Mar 10:22) And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

(Mar 10:23) And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(Mat 10:39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Salvation comes at a price. The cross is the way, your life is the price. To some this is not an option, it is not there choice. God has called them and he expects no less.

(Mar 8:35) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

When God calls you, he wants you and not the excess baggage. Dying to one self is painful. Ask any one who has being there. Yashua was our example, He went to the cross alone. And anyone who cries out and says ,” you need people”, will find that at the time you need people the most seems the time when God removes them from your life. Who are we to depend on?. The pastor, your wife/husband, a best friend. They won’t be there. God wants us to depend wholly on him, if we have others to go to then he dosn’t get our attention.

(Mar 14:35) And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
(Mar 14:36) And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

When Yashua went into the garden to pray he left the disciples and prayed on his own.
When Yashua prayed that prayer, He was giving his life into His father Hands. He gave up his choices for His Fathers.
This prayer becomes a part of you life when the cross becomes a part of your life.

Lord not my will but yours.
Lord not my kingdom but yours.
Lord not my glory but yours.
Lord not my words but yours.
Lord not my way but yours.
Lord not my time but yours.

Then it got even lonelier.

(Mar 14:50) And they all forsook him, and fled.
(Mat 26:56) But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

When you take up your cross it becomes a personal battle. No one can do it but you. There was no one else who could die for us but Yashua. It is your battle, your walk, your cross, your life, yours and yours alone.
But don’t think you will be alone, there will always be someone with you, Yashua.

(Heb 13:5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

I ask you, “ who was it that led him away”?. It was those that he loved. Yashua hated no one. He died for all our sin. The people you love the most just might be the people that crucify you. You must learn to love the unloved, forgive the unforgivable, despise and judge no man. They will most likely not realise what they are doing. But it must happen.
So Yashua went alone. Despised and rejected by those that he loved. Innocent, but sent to the cross. Yashua knew he was innocent, but this I will say, when you take up your cross you may feel guilty, angry, rejected, unloved, unwanted, so small, and so hurt. There may even be emotions that you have never felt before. I know I did. I even went out into my back yard and said , “ How can there be a God?, what God would do this to a child of his”. I even told Yashua I wouldn’t serve him but thanks to Him that didn’t last long. Even our Lord felt forsaken…

Mr 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And David,

<To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.>
(Psa 22:1) My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
(Psa 22:2) O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
(Psa 22:3) But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
(Psa 22:4) Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
Thanks N well noted.

Reactions: Elizabeth73

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And thank you Pia. Like the apostle Paul said be bold in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Amazing, that is so close to the first actual scripture Jesus got me to find and understand, and it was worded like this in that version :" Find your strength in the Lord and in the power of His might.".........Brilliant...:)

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
these end up being taken as conviction or whatever, i guess? actually i'm not sure how they are taken, as they are usually ignored lo
The only way anyone can do this, is when they are fully 'immersed' in Him ( Father, Son, Holy Spirit), in complete agreement and unity of faith.....First understanding that His will is always for good, always for restoration and healing, always for building up..........Never for destroying or tearing down...........If we cannot begin to comprehend His Love for us and what it is He has passed onto us ( His best ), how can we even begin to walk with Him ?.........We can't just go by other peoples experiences and instructions, no matter who we think wrote it........He is as able to speak now, as He was before........But how many are willing to take the time to listen?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009