Spiritual Eye to discern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From 2010

A short Story

A man is taken and put into a room. This man knows nothing about Jesus, the bible or religion. He is then told that some Christians will come and talk to him, each having 5 minutes.
And so the first one enters the room, a JW and starts talking, telling this man about his church, his religion and about salvation. And then so it was, that an AOG , a Catholic, a protestant, a morman and many others came and spoke to this man.
Then Jesus entered the room, and the man said,” Oh, I guess you want me to join your church too ?.
Jesus smiled and asked him, “ what did they tell you.
Oh he said, one claimed there was no salvation outside the church, another claimed that only 144000 where going to make it, one told me how to be a good Christian, another said baptism was required, but there was little that they agreed on. But there was one thing they mostly agreed on and that was, that their church was the right one.
Then Jesus asked him,” and what about Jesus”?.
Oh Him, well I’m not so sure, they tell me He died for all my sins, then they tell me I must go to a priest to have my sins forgiven, they tell me I must repeat some words after them to receive Jesus, by the time they where finished, I was confused and this Jesus seems to be a hard taskmaster.
Oh! Jesus exclaimed., and do you know who I am ?
No! he replied.
I am Him, Jesus, the one they spoke of.
Oh, the man replied, I didn’t recognize you, you don’t look or sound anything like what they said of you., but how can I be saved /
Jesus replied ,do you believe that I died for all your sins and that salvation is through me?.
The man thought for a minute, Yes he replied.
Then, Jesus replied, your sins are forgiven and your salvation is at hand.
But, the man said, what must I do to earn my salvation ?.
Nothing, Jesus replied, just have faith and believe.
What about tomorrow,? Will I see you?
I will always be with, replied Jesus.
And If I sin again?
Then just ask me for forgiveness and believe and it will be so.
That is just to good to be true.
It is, replied Jesus, but it is hard for the flesh to accept.
The man stood up, I must go, will I see you again?
Just say my name and I will be there in front of you ,whether you see me or not I am with you.
And so the man left, happy in the knowledge that his salvation was in Jesus, and filled with joy because he was set free from his bonds.

God bless

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From 2010

A short Story

A man is taken and put into a room. This man knows nothing about Jesus, the bible or religion. He is then told that some Christians will come and talk to him, each having 5 minutes.
And so the first one enters the room, a JW and starts talking, telling this man about his church, his religion and about salvation. And then so it was, that an AOG , a Catholic, a protestant, a morman and many others came and spoke to this man.
Then Jesus entered the room, and the man said,” Oh, I guess you want me to join your church too ?.
Jesus smiled and asked him, “ what did they tell you.
Oh he said, one claimed there was no salvation outside the church, another claimed that only 144000 where going to make it, one told me how to be a good Christian, another said baptism was required, but there was little that they agreed on. But there was one thing they mostly agreed on and that was, that their church was the right one.
Then Jesus asked him,” and what about Jesus”?.
Oh Him, well I’m not so sure, they tell me He died for all my sins, then they tell me I must go to a priest to have my sins forgiven, they tell me I must repeat some words after them to receive Jesus, by the time they where finished, I was confused and this Jesus seems to be a hard taskmaster.
Oh! Jesus exclaimed., and do you know who I am ?
No! he replied.
I am Him, Jesus, the one they spoke of.
Oh, the man replied, I didn’t recognize you, you don’t look or sound anything like what they said of you., but how can I be saved /
Jesus replied ,do you believe that I died for all your sins and that salvation is through me?.
The man thought for a minute, Yes he replied.
Then, Jesus replied, your sins are forgiven and your salvation is at hand.
But, the man said, what must I do to earn my salvation ?.
Nothing, Jesus replied, just have faith and believe.
What about tomorrow,? Will I see you?
I will always be with, replied Jesus.
And If I sin again?
Then just ask me for forgiveness and believe and it will be so.
That is just to good to be true.
It is, replied Jesus, but it is hard for the flesh to accept.
The man stood up, I must go, will I see you again?
Just say my name and I will be there in front of you ,whether you see me or not I am with you.
And so the man left, happy in the knowledge that his salvation was in Jesus, and filled with joy because he was set free from his bonds.

God bless
thanks, and on point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. I would like to share with you all a Spiritual discernment that wasn't revealed to me until many years after it happen. It was my first encounter with God. I was in the second or third grade when it happen. I was around 8 or 9 years old. My parents, as well as most other parents at the time was adamant about their children going to church. I grew up poor, I mean "por", I left out an "o" because we couldn't afford another "o" in poor. but it always seem that there was always food on the table, and everyone was full. but one Sunday at church my Mother gave me and my sister our $0.25, twenty five cent allowance for the week, not for a day, but for the week, back then twenty five cent for a child was ok, I guess. she usually gives us our allowance on Monday before she went to work herself. both my sister and I was shocked, but didn't question our Mother reasoning for giving us our allowance on Sunday instead of on Monday. well, now I had twenty five cent in my little hot hands on Sunday and I'm in church. mom usually gives us a nickle or two to put in Church, but now I have twenty five cent to deal with. knowing that there was two time the collection plate comes around, the poor offering and the public with tithes & offering. my Mother told me something that stuck with me even until today. she said, "Always remember the Lord". now I have twenty five cent and two offering before me. I debated what should I do. being a child in grade school I was learning math at the time, so "I DECIDED TO HALF UP WITH THE LORD". but then I had another dilemma, how to equally divide 25 cent into two equal halves. imagine, a little second or third grade school kid setting in church trying to figure out how to divide 25 cent into two equal halves. to me at the time this was an enormous undertaking. but I figured it out. I said to myself, remembering what my mother told me, "I'll give the Lord 15 cent, and I'll keep 10 cent. I decided to give the Lord More. so now instead of twenty five cent for the week I have only ten cent for the week. I told no one what I did. and didn't even think about having only ten cent for the week. Monday morning, I got up and a small still voice said, look in the Chester draw and put those pants on. well my Mother before she left for work she always Iron our clothes to wear to school. and my sister saw what I was doing and said, "you better put on these clothes that mom iron or she will get you, (meaning a whipping). I ignored her, and put on the paints as I was told to put on by this voice, and they was not ironed. on the way to catch the school bus. in the country we had to walk about a mile to get to the bus stop, (where all the children gathered). so on the way to the bus stop our little church from my house was about midway to the bus stop. this is where I had my first encounter with God. when I was directly passing the little church this same small still voice, sound like a child voice, but it had authority to it, I turned around on the road to see if it was an adult speaking to me. but no one I could see was on the road. so I started heading for the bus stop again, but the voice called to me again the second time. and I stop, but was not scared. and the voice said "Look in your pants pocket". I did, and I felt, what I believe to be was paper. and when I brought out the paper, yes it was paper, but legal tender paper, dollar bills. and I had a hand full of dollars bills. and the voice said, "Remember when you gave to me". and my mind immediately went to yesterday, Sunday, in Church when I gave unto the Lord. and I knew that it was the Lord. talking about a happy camper for all the week, and some time after. remember twenty five cent was my allowance, and now I had dollars. felt like a millionaire then.

but what I discerned from that encounter, was years later, when I started to read the bible in earnest for myself. this is what brought my mind back to this first encounter with God, Genesis 14:18 "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all".
Abraham Gave a tenth, God did not tell Abraham what to give. God did not tell me what to "GIVE". just as Abraham decided from his heart, so I from my HEART gave. I been living by this principle ever sense, "Giving". the principle work, it's what you give from your HEART. the amount makes no difference, it's the HEART that makes all the difference. like the widow with the two mites. Mark 12:42 "And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing". and she "GAVE" more that all. and this certifies the matter. Matthew 12:35 "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things". I learned to "GIVE" according to my HEART

Be blessed in Christ Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The only way anyone can do this, is when they are fully 'immersed' in Him ( Father, Son, Holy Spirit), in complete agreement and unity of faith.....First understanding that His will is always for good, always for restoration and healing, always for building up..........Never for destroying or tearing down...........If we cannot begin to comprehend His Love for us and what it is He has passed onto us ( His best ), how can we even begin to walk with Him ?.........We can't just go by other peoples experiences and instructions, no matter who we think wrote it........He is as able to speak now, as He was before........But how many are willing to take the time to listen?
well surely some of that is going on too, ya, but i guess it is not really fair to expect anyone else to be interested in the same things i am? Plus, i see now that i likely took "going to another town" too literally, etc. Which can be made to sound quite pious, see, or can be seen in the light of someone shiftless and homeless already, trying to please God lol.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This Man

One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,

Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.

So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.

So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.

Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.

And so Jesus said.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 7:7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

(Mat 7:8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Rev 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(Joh 10:7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So knock on his door, enter in and find the unspeakable joy that is Jesus.

God bless

David

March 2007

Excellent David...loved it...and what a wake-up call...we get 'so busy' like Martha...instead of just sitting and His feet and drinking in what He shares with us. Good reminder. ✟

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
imo my biggest insight so far is about how Scripture was written, from what pov iow, how a reader's likely perspective is anticipated, and even catered to, and this has not been very well received either, i guess.

i've stated a few others, about going out in the way of the 12 or the 70 as Christ sent them, but i guess being as how these are more or less direct attacks on our current church system, they are hard to contemplate i guess?

so then the others would be complete nonsense prolly, i mean how might i encourage someone to give their shirt to a coat thief, rather than call the cops, let alone embracing a Judas that God might send them, knowing beforehand the personal cost?

these end up being taken as conviction or whatever, i guess? actually i'm not sure how they are taken, as they are usually ignored lol

I agree, It is so wonderful just how scripture was written. I believe that because it is 'spirit', every reader can read and understand at whatever level and understanding that they are at. Yay! Only God eh.

But you are right..we cannot encourage other to give their shirt or anything else. We can say it, but only the Lord can speak to hearts and make it real to 'them'.
As for walking as the 12 or the 70...we did a lot of that back in the 60's.
But if we are doing it because we've been told that it is the 'thing to do'..it kind of falls flat and unfruitful. We learned much later that when GOD speaks to our heart to do such things...only then do 'signs follow'...be it salvation , healing, deliverance etc ...never raised the dead yet, and kinda of running out of road now! lol

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no discussion please. any encouragement post them.

Oh whoops...bbyrd009 and myself repent in dust and ashes...I totally forgot which thread I was in. Slapping own head now. :oops:

Reactions: pia and 101G

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well surely some of that is going on too, ya, but i guess it is not really fair to expect anyone else to be interested in the same things i am? Plus, i see now that i likely took "going to another town" too literally, etc. Which can be made to sound quite pious, see, or can be seen in the light of someone shiftless and homeless already, trying to please God lol.
Well, Jesus is quoted as saying that though......If people won't receive Him, just shake it off and ask another ( thus, go to another person or town )....Of course there are people out there who walk with Him, it's just a pity how many reject Him, particularly those who claim to believe in Him.....Seems they are happiest if He keeps His distance ???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If people won't receive Him, just shake it off and ask another ( thus, go to another person or town )
funny how that is framed as like "going to strangers and teaching them," when the fruit the Apostles witnessed was more in the way of service to others. churches cast the parable in the light of "proselytizing," so imo we can safely assume that that is exactly not what is being considered, not to sound unkind.
Of course there are people out there who walk with Him, it's just a pity how many reject Him, particularly those who claim to believe in Him.....Seems they are happiest if He keeps His distance ?
i'm kind of learning the lesson about this pity now, i guess; seems, what, compassionate or whatever, on the surface, i guess...anyway, dying to self is a lot to ask of ppl who still have to eat, and have been indoctrinated from birth into Nehushtan worship only after instilling the patriotism concept, if at all.

it's like telling ppl they don't need money to survive lol, thrive even--virtually pointless, except as a witness. So imo this makes it incumbent on me, not them, to find common ground. Thus the "when in Rome" language in Scripture, i guess

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry for teh long one

And so it was, that one day God was sitting and contemplating, just thinking how lonely it was. Here I am He thought, with all these angels around me, but still I am lonely, I just long for someone who will love Me for who I am. I know!, He thought, I will create a new being and call him man, and I will create Him in My image, because I would have it that My children where like me. But unlike the angels that are made of light, I Will make them from dirt, I will create a vessel to carry my light.

And so it was that God made man, And man and God walked together, and talked and man loved God because He knew nothing else. Then God created, a woman for his son so that He would never be alone, but in all this Lucifer, got jealous, He envied man because of where God had put him, and so He rebelled against God, deceived man, and so man fell from Grace. And God knowing what had happened, cast man out of Eden, which He had created for man so that He would never have to work and always be fed, into the world, where He would have to toil for a living and work so that He could be fed.

And man cried out to God, but God because of His holiness could not let man back in. For now man knew sin and darkness, and so it is that this vessel, called man, could carry light or darkness, just as a jar can carry water or wine.

But God knew that man would fall and so He had a plan for mans salvation, but as for satan, no longer did he have Gods love, and so it was with those angels that followed him, and being light now become darkness they became totally separated from God, there being no way for them back to God. And so man toiled for his living, the enemy constantly at him trying to destroy him in any way he could so that Gods plan would not come to fruition, the fallen angels slept with the women and so darkness grew in the world, but God had a man that He could count on and so He separated this man from the world and washed the slate clean, and man had a second chance.

But again, sin and darkness grew, and so God decided that He would create a nation for Himself, and so through His faithful servant Abraham, the Israelites came to being. But the Israelites, wanted a king, God was not enough, for them they wanted a man to tell them what to do. So God gave them a king, and they became burdened with the works of their king, and God gave them rules and laws to live by, and thus showing them that it was impossible for them to be rightness through their works, and their priest and rulers burdened them with new laws and rules, and the burden was heavy, yet man still choose to carry the burden.

Then God sent His Son, Jesus, His word, come in the flesh, living the law to the letter in righteousness, being the only one who ever could and did, and He became the sacrificial lamb, going to His death so that many could live, fulfilling the law so that man would no longer be burdened with it, becoming the true shepherd so that man could have a shepherd to follow, no longer to follow man but Jesus. And so the Jews burdened with the law where set free, and the gentles that had no God, became a part of our Lords flock, never knowing the law, but handed grace.

And so Jesus took His place with God, and sent the Holy Spirit, to teach men and to lead them to righteousness, but as it was in the beginning, man wanted someone over him, not wanting God for himself he desired leaders to show him the way, and so he appointed, shepherds, and prophets, elders and priests, evangelists and pastors, and rulers, and so he again became burdened with rules and regulations, trying to follow the law, but never being given the law, trying to earn his way to heaven and never truly accepting grace.

And Jesus every day, cries out for His bride, to come out of religion, to come away from men, to stop following the letter, to heed His voice, for His spoken word brings life, yet few heed his words, few listen, few follow, and many burdened by the world fall away, and when he enemy brings trials into their lives, they fall away, because there foundation is built upon the sand and not upon the rock which is Jesus.

But Gods plan will happen, it will be completed, no matter what the enemy or man do to try and stop it, God is bigger than them all, Jesus will return, when He does all men will bow to Him, the atheist, the religious, the pious, the rich the poor, the evil the good, for His glory will destroy all the darkness, and many who didn’t believe will believe and some will become bitter and rebel. And so they will choose their master. But now all things will be restored, and man again will walk with God and love Him, having known evil, but loving God for who He is, and not for what He can do. Is there a greater love story then this

In His love
From 2012

Reactions: Helen and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
while talking with one of our brother in another topic I'm reminded of my second encounter with God, in bible training/school. I was finding out many of the thing that I was being taught didn't line up with the word of God. so I started asking questions. that hit a dead end quickly. but there was a minister/Pastor in my wife family who was well renown in wisdom. I had heard when Pastors get in trouble they come to him for advice. I thought to give him a try. I had only one question at this time and it was bugging me. I called him up and he invited me over. upon arriving at his home in his living room from wall to wall was open bibles. so whatever question I had, he was ready to answer it. he made a presentation of what he though I was looking for. but when I did get to ask my question he answered it half way. so I thanked him and was on my home. I felt like a 50 50 bar, half satisfied with the answer but not completely. so upon arriving at home I went straight to my study. I had turned one of my bedrooms in to a study. while sitting in my chair, I got quite, real quit. I was so quite the car that was passing by on the street I tuned out, even the cricket near my window I tuned out, all noise I tuned out. it was as I was in my own universe. no noise at all. as I was going over the event of the day, I got mad, not at God, I might be ignorant, but I was not stupid to charge God foolishly. the devil was out because I knew he couldn't do anything without God permission. so that left me. in my sorrow, I'm trying to find some to ask of my question. then that small still voice say "why not ask the one who know". GOD!. so as I was getting out of my chair to get on my knees to pray, God said, "get the family bible off my shelve. and I did, and he said open it. and without a page being turned he said read. and there was my answer before my face. did not have to turn a single page, just open and read. from then on, I go to God, and he supply the answer to his word.

so my discernment was to always go to God for the final assessment, in order to get it right. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding".

May God bless.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen. Lovely word...glad that you shared it, its a good word for all of us to remember.

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
while talking with one of our brother in another topic I'm reminded of my second encounter with God, in bible training/school. I was finding out many of the thing that I was being taught didn't line up with the word of God. so I started asking questions. that hit a dead end quickly. but there was a minister/Pastor in my wife family who was well renown in wisdom. I had heard when Pastors get in trouble they come to him for advice. I thought to give him a try. I had only one question at this time and it was bugging me. I called him up and he invited me over. upon arriving at his home in his living room from wall to wall was open bibles. so whatever question I had, he was ready to answer it. he made a presentation of what he though I was looking for. but when I did get to ask my question he answered it half way. so I thanked him and was on my home. I felt like a 50 50 bar, half satisfied with the answer but not completely. so upon arriving at home I went straight to my study. I had turned one of my bedrooms in to a study. while sitting in my chair, I got quite, real quit. I was so quite the car that was passing by on the street I tuned out, even the cricket near my window I tuned out, all noise I tuned out. it was as I was in my own universe. no noise at all. as I was going over the event of the day, I got mad, not at God, I might be ignorant, but I was not stupid to charge God foolishly. the devil was out because I knew he couldn't do anything without God permission. so that left me. in my sorrow, I'm trying to find some to ask of my question. then that small still voice say "why not ask the one who know". GOD!. so as I was getting out of my chair to get on my knees to pray, God said, "get the family bible off my shelve. and I did, and he said open it. and without a page being turned he said read. and there was my answer before my face. did not have to turn a single page, just open and read. from then on, I go to God, and he supply the answer to his word.

so my discernment was to always go to God for the final assessment, in order to get it right. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding".

May God bless.
Amen He must be first in all things.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
funny how that is framed as like "going to strangers and teaching them," when the fruit the Apostles witnessed was more in the way of service to others. churches cast the parable in the light of "proselytizing," so imo we can safely assume that that is exactly not what is being considered, not to sound unkind.
i'm kind of learning the lesson about this pity now, i guess; seems, what, compassionate or whatever, on the surface, i guess...anyway, dying to self is a lot to ask of ppl who still have to eat, and have been indoctrinated from birth into Nehushtan worship only after instilling the patriotism concept, if at all.

it's like telling ppl they don't need money to survive lol, thrive even--virtually pointless, except as a witness. So imo this makes it incumbent on me, not them, to find common ground. Thus the "when in Rome" language in Scripture, i guess
Guess that is why it is called the narrow road.....

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

May God bless.

Thank you for sharing and for the reminder to go to Him for answers. A pastor once recommended that every time you have a question you want to ask God: write the question down in a journal and then wait for God to answer. Once He does: write down the answer He gave. Exactly how He gave it. Then in those low moments when you need hope, read all the times God has been there and lead you to the answers.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009