Spiritual Eye to discern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic will not be a discussion of, or on a particular subject matter, but more of a knowledge base, or listing of thing that one may have discern Spiritually from the Lord over years of time. Of these things, which could edify the body of the Lord, we are asking for your spiritual discoveries, or eureka moment you had when studying the scriptures. by sharing your discoveries, the body of Christ may be enlighten, and edified. What I’m asking, if anyone have any discernment of scriptures that may help someone else to understand God word more perfectly please post your revelation by discern so that other may be edified. consider sharing them with the body of the Lord Jesus. For there are many thing in the Spirit that have not been fully revealed. So I’m asking for your participation in this matter.

PS, if you can, describe, (in small detail), how you came to your Spiritual discernment, and the subject matter that was discern. thanks in advance.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my eureka moment was the understanding of the Spiritual Gifts foretold by God through the prophet Joel chapter 2:28 & 29. from this prophecy we gleam the offices, or work to come in the Church of the Lord Jesus when the Spirit was poured out by God, starting at Pentecost. By this prophecy, we discern that women can preach as prophets, and teach as pastor. This is not see by the natural eyes in the book of Joel 2:28 and 29. but when reading the Gifts in 1 Corinthian chapter 12 and the affirmation of some of them in the book of Acts chapter 2 then one can Spiritually see the work or Offices of the Church that our Lord Jesus built. by comparing scripture with scripture (Line upon Line precept upon precept) this was one of my eureka moment. this was a discernment by the Spirit of Truth unto me before my very natural eyes

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will be reading and watching this thread unfold.
But I must say I am reluctant to share anything here at the moment.
It seems that whenever anyone ( not just myself) shares those "treasured moments" of spiritual growth and encounter...it becomes a Debate..with people challenging it of ripping it apart.
Heaven sakes, one can't even write about speaking in tongues without it being ridiculed and challenged!! Let alone personal revelations. :D

I am glad to see this thread is in the Christian Life Forum...that way you can shut down any nasty debating or challenging if it springs up.

No, sorry, I am a coward at heart...but I will be reading this interestingly. And I may comment if I feel brave enough. :)
Bless you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks BG, remember in the OP, I said, "This topic will not be a discussion". but I'm looking for your eureka moment in the scripture. remember NO Discussion, so no debating.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am glad to see this thread is in the Christian Life Forum.
Hi.....Is there really a section on the forum, where people can share things like these and NOT have some others wanting to tear their heads off ? lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi.....Is there really a section on the forum, where people can share things like these and NOT have some others wanting to tear their heads off ? lol
this is what I'm look for. your contribution is needed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Haha! Pia
That is yet to be seen:)
It would be nice eh. But Im not sure I can trust my hearts dealings on "this" open forum. But, I am watching and reading.
Like I say...it sure WOULD be nice if we could share with each other. :)

Heres hoping.

Reactions: Richard_oti and pia

speedyj1992

Sep 19, 2017
Silicon Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had quite a few revelations that the Spirit has really worked into my heart over the years, and they're great, but one of the more recent ones is the way that unbelief can slip into the lives of us believers. Sure, we have a foundation in Christ, but that doesn't mean we can't lose heart in little ways that add up and affect us in areas we don't necessarily see coming. This was a more recent revelation, and you can hear more about it here:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha! Pia
That is yet to be seen:)
It would be nice eh. But Im not sure I can trust my hearts dealings on "this" open forum. But, I am watching and reading.
Like I say...it sure WOULD be nice if we could share with each other. :)

Heres hoping.
Hoping with you :D

Reactions: Richard_oti

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this is what I'm look for. your contribution is needed.
I, and a couple of others, have tried to write a little about having Jesus as a reality in our lives, but it gets poorly received and causes way to many arguments and even outright condemnation........Sooooo, we don't do that much anymore lol

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the greatest spiritual find of our time is relative to the increase of knowledge regarding the true nature of time.

After my "road to Damascus" type of coming to know God, I was straight away lead to the bible, which I read through cover to cover only stopping to eat and sleep. After which I continued to do again over and over on a more relaxed schedule until I eventually lost count.

Years later after discovering that Einstein's study of relativity caused him to conclude that time "is only an illusion, however a convincing one", it caused me to reconsider what I had read regarding many biblical accounts. In particular, it is the use of past or present tense, when referring to things that are commonly viewed among most Christians as future. It's the craziest thing - people for centuries have read the same words over and over without acknowledging the proper tense of what has been written, as if suffering from some kind of blindness. It forced me to come to terms with the reality that time was part of the creation and that God's existence is not within His own creation, so much as it is over and above it, meaning - timeless. With that realization, reading the word of God then became a matter of sorting through, or "rightly dividing" all of scripture into that which was spoken or written from God's timeless perspective, and what was not, but was rather the world's timeline perspective.

Things like "before the foundation of the world" became like...duh...God is not in our little fishbowl world walking out His days like we are! And then to read of Christ's "time", who, that's right..."was slain before the foundation of the world"...went from been told as His "time", to His "day", to His "hour", even to "the twinkling of an eye" - it is as if the times were not really exact, but actually changed to match up with whatever fit the current telling of it ...again - duh...He too is timeless! And so when He says something like "soon", or "now is" - No...He doesn't mean when mankind gets around to it centuries later - He meant "soon", and He meant right "then!"

But that is just scratching the surface. Everything - EVERYTHING...in the scriptures comes out different when considering both God's timeless perspective in addition to our own timeline perspective. By "rightly dividing the word of truth" - it's a "renewing of your mind" revelation!

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had quite a few revelations that the Spirit has really worked into my heart over the years, and they're great, but one of the more recent ones is the way that unbelief can slip into the lives of us believers. Sure, we have a foundation in Christ, but that doesn't mean we can't lose heart in little ways that add up and affect us in areas we don't necessarily see coming. This was a more recent revelation, and you can hear more about it here:
@speedyj1992, I watch your video, very, very, good. unbelief happen to the best at a time or two. but I like what you said, "I'll be alright".that is true, as the man said "help my unbelief", Great, thank you, on point, and may this help someone.

peace in Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the greatest spiritual find of our time is relative to the increase of knowledge regarding the true nature of time.

After my "road to Damascus" type of coming to know God, I was straight away lead to the bible, which I read through cover to cover only stopping to eat and sleep. After which I continued to do again over and over on a more relaxed schedule until I eventually lost count.

Years later after discovering that Einstein's study of relativity caused him to conclude that time "is only an illusion, however a convincing one", it caused me to reconsider what I had read regarding many biblical accounts. In particular, it is the use of past or present tense, when referring to things that are commonly viewed among most Christians as future. It's the craziest thing - people for centuries have read the same words over and over without acknowledging the proper tense of what has been written, as if suffering from some kind of blindness. It forced me to come to terms with the reality that time was part of the creation and that God's existence is not within His own creation, so much as it is over and above it, meaning - timeless. With that realization, reading the word of God then became a matter of sorting through, or "rightly dividing" all of scripture into that which was spoken or written from God's timeless perspective, and what was not, but was rather the world's timeline perspective.

Things like "before the foundation of the world" became like...duh...God is not in our little fishbowl world walking out His days like we are! And then to read of Christ's "time", who, that's right..."was slain before the foundation of the world"...went from been told as His "time", to His "day", to His "hour", even to "the twinkling of an eye" - it is as if the times were not really exact, but actually changed to match up with whatever fit the current telling of it ...again - duh...He too is timeless! And so when He says something like "soon", or "now is" - No...He doesn't mean when mankind gets around to it centuries later - He meant "soon", and He meant right "then!"

But that is just scratching the surface. Everything - EVERYTHING...in the scriptures comes out different when considering both God's timeless perspective in addition to our own timeline perspective. By "rightly dividing the word of truth" - it's a "renewing of your mind" revelation!
Scott, first thanks for the reply. second, I read your post, and copied it, because I know you're into the time revelation. I'm a little slow in this area of thinking, but an old dogs can be taught new tricks, or better yet new TRUTH. I don't reject something that I'm not well versed in, but God gave you something that can help his body. so I copied what you said so I can study it. thanks very much. and if you have any other information on this subject, please E-mail it to me because I'm interested in what you have to say.

again thanks for the post, peace in Christ, and will be looking to hear from you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, and a couple of others, have tried to write a little about having Jesus as a reality in our lives, but it gets poorly received and causes way to many arguments and even outright condemnation........Sooooo, we don't do that much anymore lol
Pia, thanks for the reply. and I respect your position, but consider this. what if, in what you post might help just ONE person, barring those who would argue, would it not be worth it? for the angel in heaven rejoice over just "ONE" soul who may come to Christ. I ask, is this more important that they who cannot receive it or argue over it. I'm just asking you to reconsider it, ok. no pressure on you, ok.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, first thanks for the reply. second, I read your post, and copied it, because I know you're into the time revelation. I'm a little slow in this area of thinking, but an old dogs can be taught new tricks, or better yet new TRUTH. I don't reject something that I'm not well versed in, but God gave you something that can help his body. so I copied what you said so I can study it. thanks very much. and if you have any other information on this subject, please E-mail it to me because I'm interested in what you have to say.

again thanks for the post, peace in Christ, and will be looking to hear from you.
I'm not trying to sell anything, but I do have it all written out, since you asked: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QLXDJAS or Walking Like Einstein, by: Scott Allen Taylor

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a wonder to even think that there might be.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a wonder to even think that there might be.

Yes there is..and this it it...101G says this is not a debate, or even discussion thread...but just a sharing thread...
I'm waiting for a few more to step into the water first..before I dip my toe.
I really hope that this thread works.
Share one of your eye opening God moments Amadeus. :)

Reactions: pia and Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pia, thanks for the reply. and I respect your position, but consider this. what if, in what you post might help just ONE person, barring those who would argue, would it not be worth it? for the angel in heaven rejoice over just "ONE" soul who may come to Christ. I ask, is this more important that they who cannot receive it or argue over it. I'm just asking you to reconsider it, ok. no pressure on you, ok.

Peace in Christ Jesus.
Hi there......My oldest daughter said the exact same thing many years ago, and I do speak of it, but face to face with people, usually just one person at a time, and when I 'feel' the time is right.........When I did try, after joining the forum, and seeing the horrid things in response to it ( for the most part), I thought better of it......I don't want to make my Brothers and Sisters
use anger and venom, anymore than they already do.
I have said many times, there is nothing I can do to make Jesus real for anyone else....All I can do is tell them that He is, and that they too can call on His name, and then accept that He is there, whether they can see Him or not.....Yes, I am fortunate to have seen and heard Him, so both visible and invisible................But I cannot deny that it is harder when we cannot see Him, but again, that is what faith is for, and not unlike a muscle, faith has to be exercised.
He once told me that when I find it difficult, to use my God given imagination, until that reality can come in ( usually by remembering what I have seen and heard from Him prior to this point ).......It still isn't always easy, and at times it's too easy to get janked back into the world of the flesh, but thankfully, we can trust Him for everything.......If we so choose !
Thank you for your lovely response and it's fine, I didn't take it as some form of pressuring....I know only too well, where your heart is coming from...........Bless you Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes there is..and this it it...101G says this is not a debate, or even discussion thread...but just a sharing thread...
I'm waiting for a few more to step into the water first..before I dip my toe.
I really hope that this thread works.
Share one of your eye opening God moments Amadeus. :)
Sounds promising....Uhhh yes please Amadeus, I would love to hear it...:).........Anyone else too, who is serious about this..

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA Amazing post, in regard to the timelessness of the Divine.....I also think there are many other things people read over and over, and also just do not 'see' properly...Thanks Scott :)

Reactions: ScottA