Spiritual Gifts From GOD ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me after being saved and entering the new kingdom, does one keep their spiritual gift ? Meaning in this life GOD has given me the talent to play the piano which i enjoy greatly and praise him for regularly. Will i be able to keep this gift in GODs new kingdom ?

Does the bible tell us this ?

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God gives gifts that are for edification of the church body. Other talents that one has must have come from God, though the bible doesn't say, but they are used to edifiy others and/or yourself. For sure you can continue to use them in God's kingdom.

1. Gifts - When used as being plural: It pertains to edification -

1Co 12:4
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Co 12:8 - 10
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 14:12
Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

2. Gift - When used singularly: pertains to eternal life -

Rom 5:16
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Act 10:45
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Common to both, singular and plural:

Rom 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

3. Kingdom of God: is Spiritual

Luk 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I would guess yes , you will retain the abilities , and unique personality you now have.

We (unique individuals) have eternal life , I take it that means "we" will be just the way "we" are now , faults and flaws removed of course.

I know for sure we look the same as down here .... only we are perfectly - perfectly beautiful. I got a 30 second glimpse about 10 years ago. Can't wait to go back.

The bible also says there will be lions and lambs and music and harps .... so why not pianos too :)

Great question musicworld. Thanks. best wishes.

Arnie M.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we will retain every talent that we have used correctly - to love God and others.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I believe we will retain every talent that we have used correctly - to love God and others.

that is probably how it works , the crap stuff and blemishes in our lives are removed and only the good remains. Makes a person think that "being good" and "good works" are actually very important (I am speaking of myself .... I should be doing a lot more "good" than I am now) Kind of a sobering thought.

Back to the original question ..... I am still sure we must retain our "original" personality .... otherwise what would be the purpose. Reminds me of the non-christians who think that we are "reincarnated" over and over again , ..... yet in the same breath they say we cant recall our previous lives .... to them i also say .... so what would be the purpose anyway if we cant remember. ?

I believe the devil came up with "Reincarnation" as the counterfeit for Christian Resurrection.