Spiritual Millennialism is not with Satan shut up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is truth and this truth binds satan by deceiving the nations read Ephesians chapters 2 and 3

Do you ever wonder how the gospel went from a room of people to being spread all over the known world within 30 to 40 years without the use of fast travel, phones and the internet? That sounds like satan being bound by deceiving to me.

You are leaving out that most of the world rejected the gospel and still does and how that world plotted against Christians and killed almost all the disciples. Does not sound like satan was bound or imprisoned to me not to mention the multiple verses that describe satan as being fully free after the cross.

Do you also notice that it only says that satan is bound by deceiving the nations and not from doing any evil?

I noticed he is imprisoned after being bound. So, he cannot do anything including deceiving the nations.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are leaving out that most of the world rejected the gospel and still does and how that world plotted against Christians and killed almost all the disciples. Does not sound like satan was bound or imprisoned to me not to mention the multiple verses that describe satan as being fully free after the cross.

I noticed he is imprisoned after being bound. So, he cannot do anything including deceiving the nations.
Because it’s up to us to receive it or not the Holy Spirit reveals the truth to us

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it’s up to us to receive it or not the Holy Spirit reveals the truth to us

Nonsense should be rejected. The bible does not say satan was bound at the cross by the gospel. It describes quite the opposite with satan even being allowed to be the ruler of the world after the cross!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is truth and this truth binds satan by deceiving the nations read Ephesians chapters 2 and 3

Do you ever wonder how the gospel went from a room of people to being spread all over the known world within 30 to 40 years without the use of fast travel, phones and the internet? That sounds like satan being bound by deceiving to me.

Do you also notice that it only says that satan is bound by deceiving the nations and not from doing any evil?
That was the work of the Holy Spirit. Satan being bound in Revelation 20 does not change Satan's character and makes Satan a better being to get along with. Satan is totally removed from the earth and heaven as if he did not even exist. Satan has been constantly doing evil. Not restrained from working on earth. It is sin that binds us, not Satan. The Gospel frees us from darkness and sin, not that it was the chains that bound Satan. The Holy Spirit was not the chains that bound Satan either. The Holy Spirit works as the restrainer is the only point Amil have right. Satan has been restrained. But that is not what Revelation 20 is about. Amil apply and interpret Revelation 20 incorrectly.

The angel in Revelation 20 is not symbolic of the Gospel, nor the Holy Spirit. That binding is still future after the Second Coming.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the work of the Holy Spirit. Satan being bound in Revelation 20 does not change Satan's character and makes Satan a better being to get along with. Satan is totally removed from the earth and heaven as if he did not even exist. Satan has been constantly doing evil. Not restrained from working on earth. It is sin that binds us, not Satan. The Gospel frees us from darkness and sin, not that it was the chains that bound Satan. The Holy Spirit was not the chains that bound Satan either. The Holy Spirit works as the restrainer is the only point Amil have right. Satan has been restrained. But that is not what Revelation 20 is about. Amil apply and interpret Revelation 20 incorrectly.

The angel in Revelation 20 is not symbolic of the Gospel, nor the Holy Spirit. That binding is still future after the Second Coming.

There was a spiritual deception over the Gentiles before the cross that has now been lifted. The darkness has been confronted and exposed and overcome through the Light of the truth. That light is centred in the person and message of Christ. Satan is no longer able to deceive the Gentiles in this New Testament age in the same manner and scope as he deceived them prior to Jesus binding Satan at the cross.

Scripture repeatedly identifies the Messianic intra-Advent period as the time of the enlightenment of the Gentiles. This does not in any way insinuate that all will be saved. Not in any way. With the global expanse of the great commission the Gentiles are now without excuse. The ignorance is gone. The veil is lifted.

When Scripture speak about the enlightenment of the Gentiles and the removal of the deception it doesn’t mean that every Gentile will be saved, but that the Gospel message and opportunity would be extended to them as a whole – just like Israel experienced it in the Old Testament.

Zacharias the father of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Ghost in Luke 1:67-80 and prophesied: “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life … Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.”

Jesus came to shine a light of truth into the world. The reality is: He was truth because He was God. He epitomized all that was truth. In John 14:7 He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” In Revelation 22:6 He is described as: “faithful and true.”

Jesus said in John 8:12 I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

John 12:46 "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”

He shined the light and it dispelled the darkness. In fact, wherever this light shines it removes ignorance and deception and enlightens and sets men free. No one could surely deny that this light has been shining strong upon the Gentiles for 2,000 year. The evidence is there for all to see.

Through the indwelling Holy Spirit (who reveals Christ in us), and the preaching of the Word of God, The Church now manifest that light throughout the nations. God has availed the Gentiles an opportunity to embrace the light. They are no longer without excuse. It is not therefore a question of whether the light came, or that it exists, but will the Gentiles receive it and believe it.

Ephesians 5:8: For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.”

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accuse others of lacking discernment. Is that how you build your case up?
No, that's more about tearing their case down because they prove to not be trustworthy with their interpretations.

The preaching of the gospel and the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ have nothing to do with Satan being BOUND - through the power of the Holy Spirit. That's your DISCERNMENT?
Yes, it is. Your rhetoric doesn't do anything to refute that.

The cross didn't BIND Satan. It destroyed his power over DEATH.
And his power over people that he once was able to keep as slaves to the fear of death. Don't forget that part. And his binding absolutely is related to that.

The difference is easily discerned!

Verse 14 of Hebrews 2...

"Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil."

Satan was NOT bound at the time of the crucifixion. His power over death was destroyed. He's still around today stealing, killing, and destroying. The death of Jesus didn't bind Satan, it defeated his power over DEATH.
Does that not mean anything to you that Jesus defeated Satan's power over death? Do you not understand how significant that is? How many people were kept as slaves to the fear of death in Old Testament times? A vast majority of people, right? How about New Testament times? Multitudes of people have been saved and set free from the fear of death because of the gospel of Christ. That's a huge difference. That could not have happened without Satan being spiritually bound. Your insistence that it has something to do with Satan being literally bound and incapacitated is the reason you're not seeing this.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

I know why you associate the two as the same - It debunks Amil!
Do you think you made a strong argument in this post? I hope not. Because you did absolutely nothing to prove your case.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense should be rejected.
I agree. That is why I have often rejected your frequent nonsense

The bible does not say satan was bound at the cross by the gospel. It describes quite the opposite with satan even being allowed to be the ruler of the world after the cross!
Speaking of nonsense....do you think the gospel has had no effect on Satan for the past 2,000 years or so?

Reactions: Marty fox

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a spiritual deception over the Gentiles before the cross that has now been lifted. The darkness has been confronted and exposed and overcome through the Light of the truth. That light is centred in the person and message of Christ. Satan is no longer able to deceive the Gentiles in this New Testament age in the same manner and scope as he deceived them prior to Jesus binding Satan at the cross.

Scripture repeatedly identifies the Messianic intra-Advent period as the time of the enlightenment of the Gentiles. This does not in any way insinuate that all will be saved. Not in any way. With the global expanse of the great commission the Gentiles are now without excuse. The ignorance is gone. The veil is lifted.

When Scripture speak about the enlightenment of the Gentiles and the removal of the deception it doesn’t mean that every Gentile will be saved, but that the Gospel message and opportunity would be extended to them as a whole – just like Israel experienced it in the Old Testament.

Zacharias the father of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Ghost in Luke 1:67-80 and prophesied: “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life … Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.”

Jesus came to shine a light of truth into the world. The reality is: He was truth because He was God. He epitomized all that was truth. In John 14:7 He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” In Revelation 22:6 He is described as: “faithful and true.”

Jesus said in John 8:12 I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

John 12:46 "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”

He shined the light and it dispelled the darkness. In fact, wherever this light shines it removes ignorance and deception and enlightens and sets men free. No one could surely deny that this light has been shining strong upon the Gentiles for 2,000 year. The evidence is there for all to see.

Through the indwelling Holy Spirit (who reveals Christ in us), and the preaching of the Word of God, The Church now manifest that light throughout the nations. God has availed the Gentiles an opportunity to embrace the light. They are no longer without excuse. It is not therefore a question of whether the light came, or that it exists, but will the Gentiles receive it and believe it.

Ephesians 5:8: For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.”
Amen. It seems that most Premils do not have any clue about the tremendous effect that the gospel of Christ has had on Satan for the past almost 2,000 years. All we need to do to see that is think about how many people in the world were saved before the gospel and how many after. Relatively few before and multitudes after. But, apparently, according to Premil the gospel has had little to no effect on Satan.

Reactions: Marty fox and WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are leaving out that most of the world rejected the gospel and still does and how that world plotted against Christians and killed almost all the disciples.
They killed their bodies, but not their souls. Why do you only focus on physical things?

Does not sound like satan was bound or imprisoned to me not to mention the multiple verses that describe satan as being fully free after the cross.
Stop being so naive. The percentage of people who have been saved during the New Testament time period is far higher than it was during the Old Testament time period. That's what you should be thinking about.

That's your assumption, but it makes no sense to see the binding of a spirit being no differently than the binding of a physical being. His binding is described symbolically with a picture of a dragon being chained up in a prison, but that is just symbolism and not meant to be taken literally the way you do.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. It seems that most Premils do not have any clue about the tremendous effect that the gospel of Christ has had on Satan for the past almost 2,000 years. All we need to do to see that is think about how many people in the world were saved before the gospel and how many after. Relatively few before and multitudes after. But, apparently, according to Premil the gospel has had little to no effect on Satan.

They do. They just cannot talk about it when it comes to eschatology because it might cause them to embrace Amil.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Once again your miss quoting me I never said that satan being bound changes his character or makes him better to get along with or that the angel or the Holy Spirit is symbolic for the gosple. You keep debating with me about things I never claimed to believe

Reactions: WPM

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen great post how else could the gospel spread from a room full of people on the day of Pentecost to all over the known world within 30 to 40 years before fast trave, phones, TV and the internet

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again your miss quoting me I never said that satan being bound changes his character or makes him better to get along with or that the angel or the Holy Spirit is symbolic for the gosple. You keep debating with me about things I never claimed to believe
He does that all the time. That's one of the reasons I put him on ignore. It's a complete waste of time trying to have a discussion with him.

Reactions: Marty fox

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is the light of the Gospel you are referring to.

Your post has nothing to do with Satan bound at Armageddon (Revelation 20:1-3) when the beast and false prophet are cast into the LOF. Revelation 19:20.

John did not change thought between Revelation 19:20-21 and Revelation 20:1 like today's chapter markings. Satan was bound after the defeat at Armageddon when his whole entourage was destroyed and cast into the LOF. Satan was bound after these verses:

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

We see here Satan is symbolized by a dragon. That does not mean Satan is symbolically around, yet bound in chains somewhere as Amil teach. Satan gathers an army and shows up at Armageddon to fight. But he and his army are defeated. So much so, none of Adam's dead corruptible flesh is left on the earth. Time is up for Satan's deception causing Adam's disobedience, and being in a state of death. Armageddon is "Satan's last stand" and there is nothing left. Satan is not cast into the LOF. He is bound for 1,000 years. The reason Satan was bound is the defeat at Armageddon, not the Cross.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. It seems that most Premils do not have any clue about the tremendous effect that the gospel of Christ has had on Satan for the past almost 2,000 years.
And all Amil are clueless about Satan walking about as a roaring lion for the last 2,000 years.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have no interpretation for Revelation 20:1-3 except for the fact you allege it happened over 1992 years ago?

Because your post talked about the Holy Spirit and the gospel and literally had nothing to do with Revelation 20:1-3 at all.

You admit that because of course the angel and chain do not symbolize the Holy Spirit and the Gospel. So Revelation 20:1-3 is still a future event having nothing to do with the first century events. There, I cleared up this misrepresenting you. You don't have to twist Revelation 20 around any more, but can accept it is still a future 1,000 year event, after the Second Coming.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does that all the time. That's one of the reasons I put him on ignore. It's a complete waste of time trying to have a discussion with him.
Amil sure complain a lot about how misrepresented they are. They should stop misrepresenting God's Word, then God's Word would not misrepresent them.