Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That reminds me...
United are going to Melbourne to play two games at the MCG in July. Ronaldo is coming
Gotta keep an eye on that to get tickets
I'll catch a plane back for the match

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Josho and @Cristo Rei who is the best women's sevens series ruby team in the world????...think a bit, that's right, it's the usual suspects...;)

Yeesss, The Kiwis in their usual black outfits beat the worthy underdogs of Australia wearing their classic gold and greens,... once more...24 to 17 as the Word Cup Sevens series champs at Toulouse France last week.

Must be getting used to this type of one sided play by now, aye, Josho?:rolleyes: to :) to :D

Ok breaking news...you might have found out about it sooner or later...
In the men's equivalent final ..well, NZ lost to Australia the first time in 20 years 19 to 14 in the 1st extra time..lucky dingo dogs....o_O to :eek: to :mad: to :oops: to:)

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho and @Cristo Rei who is the best women's sevens series ruby team in the world????...think a bit, that's right, it's the usual suspects...;)

Yeesss, The Kiwis in their usual black outfits beat the worthy underdogs of Australia wearing their classic gold and greens,... once more...24 to 17 as the Word Cup Sevens series champs at Toulouse France last week.

Must be getting used to this type of one sided play by now, aye, Josho?:rolleyes: to :) to :D

Ok breaking news...you might have found out about it sooner or later...
In the men's equivalent final ..well, NZ lost to Australia the first time in 20 years 19 to 14 in the 1st extra time..lucky dingo dogs....o_O to :eek: to :mad: to :oops: to:)

Ye ok wait until we field our LGBT men non-binary team

On second thought those Maori women would still win

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@APAK

Go the Aussie girls winning the rugby 7s world cup by beating the Kiwis in the finale...

Woop Woop

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK

Go the Aussie girls winning the rugby 7s world cup by beating the Kiwis in the finale...

Woop Woop
well blow me down...I gave you the winner of the
HSBC WORLD RUGBY SEVENS SERIES for 2022..the Kiwis, and the Aussies were 2nd place
-----------------------------------------------
Australia cap World Rugby Sevens Series win with thrilling victory over New Zealand in final

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7c19e00a-1302-469b-8518-372c43ec718a
By Sam Worthington
May 2nd, 2022
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2022%2F05%2F426778%2F020522rugbysevens.png

Australia celebrated its World Rugby Sevens Series title by stunning New Zealand with a drought-breaking 21-17 win in the cup final in Canada on Monday (AEST).

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well blow me down...I gave you the winner of the
HSBC WORLD RUGBY SEVENS SERIES for 2022..the Kiwis, and the Aussies were 2nd place
-----------------------------------------------
Australia cap World Rugby Sevens Series win with thrilling victory over New Zealand in final

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7c19e00a-1302-469b-8518-372c43ec718a
By Sam Worthington
May 2nd, 2022
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2022%2F05%2F426778%2F020522rugbysevens.png

Australia celebrated its World Rugby Sevens Series title by stunning New Zealand with a drought-breaking 21-17 win in the cup final in Canada on Monday (AEST).

Aussie
Aussie
Aussie

Oi
Oi
Oi

Never underestimate the Aussie spirit

Reactions: Lambano and APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@APAK

Also... In men's rugby...

Henry Paterson scored a hat-trick as Australia edged out New Zealand 19-14 in the final to win the London leg of the Men's HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.

Australia had previously not defeated New Zealand in a final in the last 20 years but they went into the break with a seven point lead as Paterson received a clever reverse pass to touchdown and Dietrich Roache kicked the conversion for the only points in the opening half.

Even though New Zealand fought their way back through tries from Akuila Rokolisoa and Leroy Carter in the 8th and 12th minute, it was once again Paterson, who scored his second try of the game in the 12th minute after gathering the ball at a standstill midway into his own half before showing the pace to go the distance.

With replacement Maurice Longbottom kicking the conversion the scores were levelled as the game entered the final phase and it was once again Paterson, who was the saviour for Australia as he first produced a brilliant try saving tackle and then went on to complete his hat-trick with a dive in the corner in the 15th minute to steer them to a first title win in the ongoing series.

Earlier, Australia and New Zealand were in the same Pool and finished at second and first respectively to progress to the knock out stage. While Australia defeated South Africa and Samoa, New Zealand had wins over Ireland and Fiji to reach the finals.

Meanwhile, Fiji defeated Samoa 31-26 to win the Bronze.

Overall Standings:

With the win, Australia now have closed the gap to first placed South Africa to two points. They now have 122 points while South Africa, who won the first four legs have lost a bit of momentum but still are at top with 124 points. Argentina and Fiji are at third and fourth with 118 and 104 points respectively.

What's Next?

The teams now will head to Los Angeles for the final phase of the series to be played on 27th and 28th August.

henry-paterson-australia-7s.jpg

Join the chorus @Josho. Both our men's and women's rugby 7 teams too good for those Kiwis

CMON AUSSIE CMON, CMON
CMON AUSSIE CMON

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK

Also... In men's rugby...

Henry Paterson scored a hat-trick as Australia edged out New Zealand 19-14 in the final to win the London leg of the Men's HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.

Australia had previously not defeated New Zealand in a final in the last 20 years but they went into the break with a seven point lead as Paterson received a clever reverse pass to touchdown and Dietrich Roache kicked the conversion for the only points in the opening half.

Even though New Zealand fought their way back through tries from Akuila Rokolisoa and Leroy Carter in the 8th and 12th minute, it was once again Paterson, who scored his second try of the game in the 12th minute after gathering the ball at a standstill midway into his own half before showing the pace to go the distance.

With replacement Maurice Longbottom kicking the conversion the scores were levelled as the game entered the final phase and it was once again Paterson, who was the saviour for Australia as he first produced a brilliant try saving tackle and then went on to complete his hat-trick with a dive in the corner in the 15th minute to steer them to a first title win in the ongoing series.

Earlier, Australia and New Zealand were in the same Pool and finished at second and first respectively to progress to the knock out stage. While Australia defeated South Africa and Samoa, New Zealand had wins over Ireland and Fiji to reach the finals.

Meanwhile, Fiji defeated Samoa 31-26 to win the Bronze.

Overall Standings:

With the win, Australia now have closed the gap to first placed South Africa to two points. They now have 122 points while South Africa, who won the first four legs have lost a bit of momentum but still are at top with 124 points. Argentina and Fiji are at third and fourth with 118 and 104 points respectively.

What's Next?

The teams now will head to Los Angeles for the final phase of the series to be played on 27th and 28th August.

henry-paterson-australia-7s.jpg

Join the chorus @Josho. Both our men's and women's rugby 7 teams too good for those Kiwis

CMON AUSSIE CMON, CMON
CMON AUSSIE CMON
Yeah I saw Paterson run flat out and left a few standing in his wake. He's ok as a speedster. I know of faster legs....

Hail the Ozzie lucky Bs...this time:rolleyes: -> :mad: -:mad: -> :)

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah I saw Paterson run flat out and left a few standing in his wake. He's ok as a speedster. I know of faster legs....

Hail the Ozzie lucky Bs...this time:rolleyes: -> :mad: -:mad: -> :)

No luck all skill
Too fast
Too strong
:p:p:p

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@APAK

Hey Major do you know this song? Its a classic...;)

@Josho should know it. Sing along

Ah cricket. And those were the days were they didn't wear helmets. Madness
Its not like baseball where your not allowed to hit the batter with the ball.
In cricket your allowed to go for the body including the head.
A few years ago a player actually died when a bouncer hit him in the back of the head under the helmet.

Americans may laugh at the bowling action and field names but its a tougher sport than baseball for the simple fact that you can legally play the man with the ball and hurt him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK

Hey Major do you know this song? Its a classic...;)

@Josho should know it. Sing along

Ah cricket. And those were the days were they didn't wear helmets. Madness
Its not like baseball where your not allowed to hit the batter with the ball.
In cricket your allowed to go for the body including the head.
A few years ago a player actually died when a bouncer hit him in the back of the head under the helmet.

Americans may laugh at the bowling action and field names but its a tougher sport than baseball for the simple fact that you can legally play the man with the ball and hurt him.
No not that one. It does sound like a good beer drinking song though.

Here's an old NZ rugby song of 1887 called 'on the ball' and played in this clip at Levin in the Manawatua District where I lived. Some old farts were playing the game on the pitch and also some of age as the musicians on a side line.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Manchester United is coming to Australia with the greatest player to ever touch a ball... Cristiano Ronaldo...

They are playing at the MCG in front of 100k people on the 15th and 19th of July against Melbourne Victory and Crystal Palace...

Tickets are almost sold out.
I would love to be there as iv only watched him play live once, but you need to have had the toxic needles to get into the MCG... Criminals

Screw Daniel Andrews, Satan's evil little minion.
I hope he burns in hell forever.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Manchester United is coming to Australia with the greatest player to ever touch a ball... Cristiano Ronaldo...

They are playing at the MCG in front of 100k people on the 15th and 19th of July against Melbourne Victory and Crystal Palace...

Tickets are almost sold out.
I would love to be there as iv only watched him play live once, but you need to have had the toxic needles to get into the MCG... Criminals

Screw Daniel Andrews, Satan's evil little minion.
I hope he burns in hell forever.

Not a Victory supporter, but Victory and Crystal Palace should beat Man Utd no problem, Ronaldo is not enough for United they need to bring back Giggs and Rooney lolz. ;)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Oz, vaccine adverse reactions have risen by 12,000% since the start of the roll out. Deaths are up by 1,100%. Our hospitals are overloaded from it. I still don't know anyone that has been harmed by covid but many people I personally know are now cos of these venomous injections including my dad now who has brain hemmoraging, a known vaccine side effect, and everyone I know from Melbourne was hurt by the lockdowns...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then there is the msm and all the stupid nincompoops that supported this atrocity and are still supporting it. They all deserve to burn

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what are Australia's chances of making it to round of 16? This will be the 5th consecutive time Australia plays in the FIFA world cup

2 familiar teams from 2018 in our group, France and Denmark, drew to Denmark 1-1 and lost to France 2-1 in 2018, this time we also have Tunisia in our group, Australia have not played Tunisia since 2005 and that was a 0-2 loss, but beat them in 1997 0-3.

Not an easy group again, but could be more difficult lolz. 1st game France will be very tricky to beat, 2nd game against Tunisia is a must win, and Australia would want to beat Denmark to progress to round of 16.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whats the latest in sport... Well the USA is refusing to let world number one tennis player Novak Djokovic into the country to play in the US open which starts this Monday. He was also refused into Australia but was allowed into England. This media report sums up the insanity of it all