Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

images

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So that Hubbard character just won the NZ Sportswoman of the Year. He accomplished nothing in his competition, being beaten by real women, while another real woman, Lisa Carrington, won 3 gold medals in her third Olympics and missed out? The woke culture is alive and very well in my homeland. *Sigh,*

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a weak and disgusting post....a penalty at the end...took a lot of team work to win that game...right?.....:mad:;)

Oh are you blaming the referee now? NZ should have played better, but South Africa were simply the better team, and are obviously NZ's weakness. ;)

While the Wallabies could beat the Springboks 2 games out of 2. :p

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh are you blaming the referee now? NZ should have played better, but South Africa were simply the better team, and are obviously NZ's weakness. ;)

While the Wallabies could beat the Springboks 2 games out of 2. :p
Well yeah..the ref did it...got paid off I suspect....:rolleyes:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets talk football...:D

Hey bro!

Been meaning to check in on this thread but just haven't been around much. I doubt if anyone overseas knows it yet, but the U.S. men's national team is getting better. They have a lot of new blood, and Berhalter is trying out all sorts of combinations to find the best chemistry. They took out Mexico in the Gold Cup a month or so ago, which was a great game. I believe they beat them in a finals match before that as well, so it's two in a row against their A team, and Mexico had been the class of North American soccer up until those two recent losses. Unfortunately you can still hardly find the US games on TV for the CONCACAF qualifiers right now. American Football is still king here, and it's football season right now, so the only thing I can ever find are the rest of the CONCACAF games on the Hispanic channels. U.S. versus Panama literally wasn't aired anywhere except on some obscure ESPN channel I think (I know cuz I was looking for it and wanted to watch it), and then I forgot they were playing Costa Rica a few nights ago, so I don't know if they even aired that game anywhere either because it was so poorly advertised I didn't even remember it was gonna be on.

I do still personally believe American Football is the better sport and the rest of the planet truly doesn't know what they're missing, but I'm getting more into U.S soccer lately as well. Shame it's not receiving better coverage. But expect to see us at the World Cup, even if we bow out early. If we manage to get to the quarterfinals again, I'm thinking we're probably gonna put in a better showing than we did in 2014. That game against Belgium was pitiful, and hard to watch, LoL.

Glad to see you still around, and keep fighting the good fight.
- H

Last edited:
Reactions: Cristo Rei

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christo Rei did you see that footballer that got caught disobeying the police and then done for Cocaine or was it Heroin of late got a $400 fine and no conviction recorded.
But poor Israel F got truly shafted full on because of a religious conviction that has been so for over 4000 years and that anyone with a morals knows it is correct.

So one dude is promoted as doing a shocking harmful drug with a $400 fine but if you even brushed your cell phone in the car gets you a $1000 fine and you never picked it up, just touching it with one finger without knowing it and your gone and it's to save peoples lives.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christo Rei did you see that footballer that got caught disobeying the police and then done for Cocaine or was it Heroin of late got a $400 fine and no conviction recorded.
But poor Israel F got truly shafted full on because of a religious conviction that has been so for over 4000 years and that anyone with a morals knows it is correct.

So one dude is promoted as doing a shocking harmful drug with a $400 fine but if you even brushed your cell phone in the car gets you a $1000 fine and you never picked it up, just touching it with one finger without knowing it and your gone and it's to save peoples lives.
He got a little over-excited so has to stand in the corner for a short bit. He'll be back soon!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Hidden In Him

I'm responding to your post on the other thread...

It's not easy qualifying through CONCACAF... You have 8 teams all in one big group and u have to play them all twice, that's 14 matches. We usually see Mexico and America qualifying

There are teams that have already qualified in Europe. Their in groups of 5 and only have to play 8 matches.

CONMEBOL is one massive group of 10. Each team must play 18 matches. Brazil and Argentina usually top their group

Reactions: Hidden In Him