Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him

I'm responding to your post on the other thread...

It's not easy qualifying through CONCACAF... You have 8 teams all in one big group and u have to play them all twice, that's 14 matches. We usually see Mexico and America qualifying

There are teams that have already qualified in Europe. Their in groups of 5 and only have to play 8 matches.

CONMEBOL is one massive group of 10. Each team must play 18 matches. Brazil and Argentina usually top their group

I need to see if I can at least catch some of the European qualifiers. I believe I saw some of those on somewhere. Just a shame I can't root for my home team when they're finally showing some promise. I'm guessing there's nobody over here that can really play with the Europeans anyway yet except Brazil, but we'll see when the time comes. Should be fun.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I need to see if I can at least catch some of the European qualifiers. I believe I saw some of those on somewhere. Just a shame I can't root for my home team when they're finally showing some promise. I'm guessing there's nobody over here that can really play with the Europeans anyway yet except Brazil, but we'll see when the time comes. Should be fun.

I like watching the highlights of matches.
You should be able to find them

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Congratulations to the Australian cricket team for retaining the ashes in what has been an embarrassing visit by the poms...
The 5 match series is already over with 2 tests still to play...

Meanwhile, the winter olympics are about to kick off in China of all places... Appfffft...
It should be abandoned by the international community after their role in the covid plandemic...

Anyway, it's cooler than the summer olympics in more ways than one... I like the extreme sports that tickle danger...
Downhill skiing, luge, big air jumps... Its pretty crazy

Reactions: Brakelite

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Congratulations to the Australian cricket team for retaining the ashes in what has been an embarrassing visit by the poms...
The 5 match series is already over with 2 tests still to play...

Meanwhile, the winter olympics are about to kick off in China of all places... Appfffft...
It should be abandoned by the international community after their role in the covid plandemic...

Anyway, it's cooler than the summer olympics in more ways than one... I like the extreme sports that tickle danger...
Downhill skiing, luge, big air jumps... Its pretty crazy

I had to let my pomey mate know about that one, I think he has gone into hiding. :p

Yeah winter games are definitely more exciting to watch, I think a number of countries are boycotting 2022 Olympics already though?

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think a number of countries are boycotting 2022 Olympics already though?

And so they should... Its well known now that it came out of the Wuhan lab even the msm have said it...
But where is the international condemnation... No where to be seen...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your cricketers did well alright. All out for 83!!. On the 3rd day. Boland 6 for 7!!??? I think those poms won't be wanting to go home in a hurry.

The ashes... The smallest most funniest trophy in world sports...

media-handler.php

They are the burnt ashes of the stumps and bails from a cricket game that happened ages ago not far from here in Sunbury...
The town claims to be the home of the ashes and all the reports do suggest that...
Its a weird trophy indeed.

Reactions: Brakelite

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't get too cocky scores are level in the 2nd
But we're in a rebuilding stage. All our veterans are finished, we have a new coach with young players. Yea. Rebuilding. It's only been 5 or 6 years since we dominated with the threepeat.

And what's happening with Brisbane?
It's been a long time between drinks.
Are they a decent chance this year or are they just posers? Again?

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thats whats happening to Hawthorn... Victory:p
giphy.gif

Question is whats happening to Brisbane? They do not look like premiership material at all

I can stick my foot in my mouth, lolz, spoke way too early, Brisbane should have won that, meant to be 2nd on the ladder but lost to a bottom half team.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't get too cocky scores are level in the 2nd
But we're in a rebuilding stage. All our veterans are finished, we have a new coach with young players. Yea. Rebuilding. It's only been 5 or 6 years since we dominated with the threepeat.

And what's happening with Brisbane?
It's been a long time between drinks.
Are they a decent chance this year or are they just posers? Again?

They are 8-2 now after today's loss, they gotta actually win finals though to make it to the GF.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are 8-2 now after today's loss, they gotta actually win finals though to make it to the GF.

Just singing the club songs to myself and I noticed that Brisbane and Hawthorn both have the "all for one and one for all" phrase in it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just singing the club songs to myself and I noticed that Brisbane and Hawthorn both have the "all for one and one for all" phrase in it.

Trying to play Hawk's song in my head, but keeping mixing it with the Collingwood tune haha.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thats whats happening to Hawthorn... Victory:p
giphy.gif

Question is whats happening to Brisbane? They do not look like premiership material at all

Right back at ya what happened to Hawthorn?

Lost to Gold Coast Suns
121-54

No excuses. :p

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei what's happening with Melbourne City, Western United barely giving them a chance at goal.

I didn't watch it so i can't give my professional footballing analysis. I saw the highlights and they were just not good enough to score.

A massive shift in world football but.
It's the end of an era... The CR7/LM10 era.
For the last 16 seasons these two guys have been one and two in Europe's top scorers, breaking all kinds of records, exhibiting extraordinary moments of brilliance, memesrizing opponents and spectators like no one ever has.
This season neither of them even made the top 10... :(. It will be interesting to see next season.

World cup is unusual this year in December. They will have to stop all other leagues for it.
I hope we see magic from both of them. Argentina vs Portugal in the final would be the ultimate match. Portugal to win.:cool:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't watch it so i can't give my professional footballing analysis. I saw the highlights and they were just not good enough to score.

A massive shift in world football but.
It's the end of an era... The CR7/LM10 era.
For the last 16 seasons these two guys have been one and two in Europe's top scorers, breaking all kinds of records, exhibiting extraordinary moments of brilliance, memesrizing opponents and spectators like no one ever has.
This season neither of them even made the top 10... :(. It will be interesting to see next season.

World cup is unusual this year in December. They will have to stop all other leagues for it.
I hope we see magic from both of them. Argentina vs Portugal in the final would be the ultimate match. Portugal to win.:cool:

Both are getting old and have been good for a long time, Messi obviously 1 and Ronaldo 2.

Congrats to Western United though, too good for City, better than Victory winning that's for sure.