Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets talk football...:D

Is there any interest? Any football fans? It might be just you and I @Rita... LoL...
@Josho likes it as well... Surely some more Brits on here too... Its the biggest sport in the world. Its just not big in America...

Well, predicting these tournaments is difficult to say the least but im going for the Portuguese, as always, try to keep the trophy which we've held for 5 years now due to covid...

I didn't know that it was being held all over Europe... Thats really odd... Not sure if the decision is covid related but its not its not the norm. The competition is always held in a country. Makes it harder now with more travel though these guys aren't exactly sitting in economy class on the plane, are they... Hehehe:)

I have to say @Rita, England have a very friendly draw. Every group game at Wembley, a semi final at Wembley and the final at Wembley. Hmm the English FA have some power in world football thats for sure...;)

@Josho , your man Immoblile got on the score sheet. Again. His such a poacher, always seems to be in the right spot in the right time. But the Italians won comfortably, 3-0... Who are u going for?

I just watched extended highlights of the Netherlands vs Sweden match... Best match of the comp so far, the Dutch won 3-2 with a late winner... I noticed that stadium was more full than Wembley was...

I reckon the final should just be played where ever they can pack the stadium... I want to see a full house, feel the vibe through the TV, up loud, i want to hear the roar when a goal is scored, 100,000 people, not half a stadium... :rolleyes:

So who is going to win it?
Who is looking good?
Who do u dislike? Everyone dislike England, sorry Rita, not me, everyone else in Europe, it seems, true
Who do u like?
I like the Dutch usually they play nice football. Their my 2nd team... LoL

But vamos agora Portugal. We play tonight, at 2am here. I just have a nap after dinner, wake up, watch us beat Hungary then go back to sleep... Thats how we have to watch football down here... Dedicated... Lets go Ronaldo hatrique... Portugal win 5-0:D

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is there any interest? Any football fans? It might be just you and I @Rita... LoL...
@Josho likes it as well... Surely some more Brits on here too... Its the biggest sport in the world. Its just not big in America...

Well, predicting these tournaments is difficult to say the least but im going for the Portuguese, as always, try to keep the trophy which we've held for 5 years now due to covid...

I didn't know that it was being held all over Europe... Thats really odd... Not sure if the decision is covid related but its not its not the norm. The competition is always held in a country. Makes it harder now with more travel though these guys aren't exactly sitting in economy class on the plane, are they... Hehehe:)

I have to say @Rita, England have a very friendly draw. Every group game at Wembley, a semi final at Wembley and the final at Wembley. Hmm the English FA have some power in world football thats for sure...;)

@Josho , your man Immoblile got on the score sheet. Again. His such a poacher, always seems to be in the right spot in the right time. But the Italians won comfortably, 3-0... Who are u going for?

I just watched extended highlights of the Netherlands vs Sweden match... Best match of the comp so far, the Dutch won 3-2 with a late winner... I noticed that stadium was more full than Wembley was...

I reckon the final should just be played where ever they can pack the stadium... I want to see a full house, feel the vibe through the TV, up loud, i want to hear the roar when a goal is scored, 100,000 people, not half a stadium... :rolleyes:

Who is looking good?
Who do u dislike? Everyone dislike England, sorry Rita, not me, everyone else in Europe, it seems, true
Who do u like?

But vamos agora Portugal. We play tonight, at 2am here. I just have a nap after dinner, wake up, watch us beat Hungary then go back to sleep... Thats how we have to watch football down here... Dedicated... Lets go Ronaldo hatrique... Portugal win 5-0:D

It would be great to see one of the little guys take it out, as I like underdogs, but if it is going to be one of the powerhouses, Italy or France.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would be great to see one of the little guys take it out, as I like underdogs, but if it is going to be one of the powerhouses, Italy or France.

If I was going of from my ancestry, I would go for Scotland or England, I would prefer Scotland to win though definitely haha

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

If I was going of from my ancestry, I would go for Scotland or England, I would prefer Scotland to win though definitely haha

Portugal are one of the little guys...
A nation of only about 10 million...
Never won anything before the 2016 Euros...

When i was a kid my dads friends spoke of an era when Portugal were good in the 60s... But they never qualified for anything in the 80s... Since the mid 90s they've always been there but, fairly solid, quarters, semis, we lost Euro 2004 at home so it was good to finally see them win...

Get on board. Don't worry about France. We'll beat them again. We got an exciting young team.
Ronaldos a beast... Scored in every international comp since 2004... Always there working hard
He's scored 104 gols for Portugal...
The record is 109 by Ali Daei of Iran...
Pele and such are back on 70 something gols.
Maybe he can do it this tournament... A hatrick against hungry would be a lovely start...

Do u reckon Australia could or should host a world cup?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On another note, Copa America is on now too...

Lionel Messi has always been criticised for under performing for Argentina... Considering Brasil is the only other major team in the comp there is no excuse I reckon... Argentina has to win it

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nooooooooooooo. Lol

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Cristo Rei
My Brother is in Germany, they have got the ‘Group of death ‘ ……so, yes England were lucky. Although it was Croatia that went through to the World Cup semi final with England in 2018 …and beat us to get into the final.
I kind of find it funny that we always go on about the 1966 World Cup win, I mean how long can you lean on that ………I must admit the last World Cup was exciting and getting through to the semi finals was great.

I would love for Denmark to get on well, after what happened with Christian Eriksen…….but that is not based on anything other than a human ‘ good ‘ ending desire. However they need to win and Belgium and Finland already have 3points.
Germany are playing France today, that will be an interesting match…….
I must admit that I do not know much about the teams, my dad is the one that follows football. I tag along because at 89 he no longer has his mates around….

I see Scotland lost their first match yesterday !

You know it would be so cool if England did win the European cup on the first year we left the EU !! Lol ( it is unlikely to happen )

Rita

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Cristo Rei
My Brother is in Germany, they have got the ‘Group of death ‘ …

Yea it's our group... The group of death
Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary.
We must beat Hungary today.

so, yes England were lucky. Although it was Croatia that went through to the World Cup semi final with England in 2018 …and beat us to get into the final.

Ah it was too... Football fans don't forget that kind stuff, even after decades. That's very recent but. I remember it. England was favourite after having a good tournament...

I kind of find it funny that we always go on about the 1966 World Cup win, I mean how long can you lean on that …

How long? Until u win another one. LoL.
I wasn't even alive in 66 yet iv always heard about it from my Portuguese family and from all the poms that live here... I got sick of hearing about it but I don't mind now that I understand what nostalgia is and how football works.

I must admit that I do not know much about the teams, my dad is the one that follows football. I tag along because at 89 he no longer has his mates around….

Wow... Your dads doing well. Still batting on at 89...
How about your husband? Football fan?

I see Scotland lost their first match yesterday !

Your doing your best to hide your joy there bit I can still sense it... Hehehe. Rivalries

You know it would be so cool if England did win the European cup on the first year we left the EU !! Lol ( it is unlikely to happen )

Ye that's politics. I try not to mix the two.
Geographically, the UK is still part of Europe.
And football wise your still part Europe as well...

You have one of the best in form strikers going around in Harry Kane. The poms are always a chance

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Portugal are one of the little guys...
A nation of only about 10 million...
Never won anything before the 2016 Euros...

When i was a kid my dads friends spoke of an era when Portugal were good in the 60s... But they never qualified for anything in the 80s... Since the mid 90s they've always been there but, fairly solid, quarters, semis, we lost Euro 2004 at home so it was good to finally see them win...

Get on board. Don't worry about France. We'll beat them again. We got an exciting young team.
Ronaldos a beast... Scored in every international comp since 2004... Always there working hard
He's scored 104 gols for Portugal...
The record is 109 by Ali Daei of Iran...
Pele and such are back on 70 something gols.
Maybe he can do it this tournament... A hatrick against hungry would be a lovely start...

Do u reckon Australia could or should host a world cup?

I have seen the Pele movie haha, I think Australia definitely should host the men's Fifa World cup soon, it definitely would fill the stadiums here. We have the women's world cup here in Australia and New Zealand in 2023.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have seen the Pele movie haha, I think Australia definitely should host the men's Fifa World cup soon, it definitely would fill the stadiums here. We have the women's world cup here in Australia and New Zealand in 2023.

World Cup final at the MCG would be special.

FIFA are always talking about bringing the game to new places as well... We have to bid for the right one but cos they have a system; America, Europe then elsewhere. That's the cycle they use...
That's why the 2018 bid was useless as it was always going back to Europe

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember.. Pele.
- One of the best players..of all time.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These European championships have been compromised

1/ Players are being forced to miss the whole 4 week tournament because they tested positive for this stoopid fake virus

2/ Fans are only allowed in to the stadiums if they've been vaxed...

COVID COVID COVID... Just Shuuut uuup with your damn lies...
ITS JUST A STOOPID FLU U DUMB IDIOTS

Screw this... Thats not football... My interest in this football tournament has suddenly gone sour...
Must be vaxed to watch a game of football... What a load of BS... Absolute BS
Not interested in this charade now... Im going back to bed... Goodbye... Tournament compromised

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yea it's our group... The group of death
Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary.
We must beat Hungary today.

Ah it was too... Football fans don't forget that kind stuff, even after decades. That's very recent but. I remember it. England was favourite after having a good tournament...

How long? Until u win another one. LoL.
I wasn't even alive in 66 yet iv always heard about it from my Portuguese family and from all the poms that live here... I got sick of hearing about it but I don't mind now that I understand what nostalgia is and how football works.

Wow... Your dads doing well. Still batting on at 89...
How about your husband? Football fan?

Your doing your best to hide your joy there bit I can still sense it... Hehehe. Rivalries

Ye that's politics. I try not to mix the two.
Geographically, the UK is still part of Europe.
And football wise your still part Europe as well...

You have one of the best in form strikers going around in Harry Kane. The poms are always a chance
Kane didn’t do a lot in the last match, Sterling was pretty good.
When I was married my husband did use to get into the World Cup and Euros …pretty much like we do now. He passed away from cancer a few years ago, but we had been divorced for over ten years. He wasn’t really a big football fan, he liked horse racing and the Grand Prix. We use to go up to Brands hatch for the English Grand Prix. I cannot stand watching it now!
I see Portugal beat Holland 3-0 xx
I was alive for the 1966 World Cup, but only 8years old !!
Rita

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is looking good?
Who do u like?

Hey bro do not discount me....I've kicked, dribbled, headed and scored, had torn ligaments, never had a red card, played it sometimes 3x a week, coached it, refed it.. all from when I could walk 'kicking cans,' until I was about 38 years old...o_O..:mad:..:rolleyes:..:)..:cool:

I have to admit though, that I have slacked off watching European footie since 2019....

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not looking good for Germany , a home goal as well !!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Socceroos have been winning heaps lately in the Qualifiers, I think they will climb up the Fifa rankings when they next update it

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan is using football and almost every other sport to force his vaccine mark on people...

I despise Satan and all of his manifestations.
I despise all organisations and people that support Satan's works including football and sport