Strange teachings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually I answer the OP, but what you say caught my eye with a bit of humor. Years back I started observing feast days in Leviticus 23 and if for no other reason, it's to give God His time and it's a valuable lesson as to the redemption of mankind. As Paul stated it's "shadows of things to come" so it's a prophetic time scale of sorts. 30-some years ago this would have been considered a cult, or at best very strange to celebrate the same days as the Jews (yet the same ones did not question their non-biblical holidays) but now everyone and their brother is mentioning the feast days. LOL Either way, Christ is proclaimed and in that I rejoice.

But you were not disputing salvation through Christ. You were not disputing that we are saved and cleansed through the finished work of Christ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What would be a good example?

/
Don't you know?
I call it tribalism.
The other tribes have their "truth" and we have our "truth".
Our truth is the "true truth". Inferring that others are in falsehood simply because
they are not in our tribe. (or in agreement with our tribe)

/
Only God's truth is the true truth. But there are many who choose to believe men's truth over God's truth.

Reactions: Debp and L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I call it tribalism.
Our truth is the "true truth". Inferring that others are in falsehood simply because

/
I call it “ camps” LOL.

Reactions: St. SteVen

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you were not disputing salvation through Christ. You were not disputing that we are saved and cleansed through the finished work of Christ.
RIght. The feasts clarify the finished work of Christ. They are the time lines that Jesus followed the first time and will again at His second coming.

Reactions: Debp

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God's truth is the true truth. But there are many who choose to believe men's truth over God's truth.
There is no consensus about what God's truth is. Where does that leave you? Tribalism.
You are dependent on your tribe leader to determine "truth". Tribal truth is your true truth. - LOL

Or to put it your way...
Only my Tribe's truth is the true truth. But there are many who choose to believe other tribe's truth over my Tribe's truth.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
I call it tribalism.
I call it “ camps” LOL.
That works.
And is a much better academic term than tribes.

I like the word tribes because of the jungle feel of it.
Warring tribes will kill each other over differences.

https://soundcloud.com/user-426611522%2Fburn-your-village
/

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no consensus about what God's truth is.
Depends who you listen to. God's truth is what the Holy Spirit reveals to us. He will only reveal the true truth. And he will help us to discern that truth from false truths.

Reactions: Debp

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has Bible verses that support their position; we know this is how the game is played. "You must consider the whole counsel of God" really means, "My Bible verses are better than your Bible verses, so nyah, nyah, n-nyeh, nyah!" And most will claim that the Holy Spirit revealed their particular truth to them. (Do we commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when we do that?)

Oh well. Half of you guys are nuts, but which half varies from thread to thread. And sometimes from post to post.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or the True Lies?
Finally... someone who understands.
And THAT'S the truth. Err...
I mean the true truth, not that other truth that everyone else thinks is the truth. - LOL
Actually, I think Pontius Pilate had it right. "What is truth?"

/

Reactions: Chadrho

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends who you listen to. God's truth is what the Holy Spirit reveals to us. He will only reveal the true truth. And he will help us to discern that truth from false truths.
That's good advice in personal practice. But...

What do you do about other believers who disagree with you?
Did the Holy Spirit not reveal the true truth to them as well?
Are you then the arbitrator of true truth based on what you believe
the Spirit revealed to you? Are you infallible?

/

Reactions: Cassandra

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought he did. But Jesus changed the subject.
Not terribly helpful. The question stands.

/
Nah, that was right before Pilate dismissed Jesus to be crucified at the end of John 18.

You may not learn "What is Truth?" in the Bolgia of the Liars - but you'll learn a lot about deceit and all the forms it can take.

(A shout out to Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle for their book, Escape From Hell.)

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah rightly said, the heart of man is deceitful above all things. We cannot trust our hearts/mind/intellect to discern right from wrong. So our salvation is certainly based on scripture, which in turn is made known to us through the Spirit of Christ dwelling within us.
There are conditions to understanding truth. First is a willingness to obey the truth once it is revealed, otherwise God will not reveal it to us. Second is to possess a love for truth. Not a love for what we believe to be truth, because we could all be wrong on many points, but rather a love for truth as a principle in the life. And a love for the Way, the Truth, and the Life before all else. Of w have a love for truth, of we have determined to obey truth as it is revealed to us, the promise is then that we will grow in understanding, and not be deceived by the many lies and deceptions that Satan brings. Particularly the great final deception of Satan impersonating Christ, for which event the world is now being prepared through Christian nationalism, Hollywood, ecumenism, Gaia worship, pantheism, the occult related "Christ consciousness" movement, and other "strange teachings". All of the above are linked to Rome. Mother is even now delegating to her apostate daughters the responsibility to unite politics and the church, creating an image to the mediaeval beast.

Jeremiah said WHAT? Did he say; TRUST YOUR new BIBLES and the modern TRANSLATORS/SCRIBES who wrote them?

RSV JER 8:8 "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

JER 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Might want to make sure your DOCTRINES are not standing on the shoulders of those before you who simply stand on all the shoulders back that have been deceived a long time.

BELOW are Quotes FROM old...not from ME.

-One of the most common biblical manuscripts used to make our modern English translations is known today as the Nestle Text. Yet it was Prof. Eberhard Nestle himself who warned us in his Einfhrung in die Textkritik des griechischen Testaments: "Learned men, so called Correctores were, following the church meeting at Nicea 325 AD, selected by the church authorities to scrutinize the sacred texts and rewrite them in order to correct their meaning in accordance with the views which the church had just sanctioned."

-One of the oldest copies of the Bible which dates back to the fifth century is the Codex Bezae, of which the Britannica writes: "Codex Bezae… has a text that is very different from other witnesses. Codex Bezae has many distinctive longer and shorter readings and seems almost to be a separate edition. Its 'Acts, for example, is one-tenth longer than usual’". How can we have a Bible that is said to be "almost… a separate edition"?

-St. Jerome when he wrote: "They write down not what they find but what they think is the meaning; and while they attempt to rectify the errors of others, they merely expose their own" (Jerome, Epist. lxxi.5).

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PM posts can be reported as well.
But you are inviting Mods into your mailbox.
Not sure if there are privacy issues or not.
They may only go into the thread reported. ???

@Nancy ?

/
Hi St. Steven,
Anybody can invite anyone into their private conversations. :)

Reactions: St. SteVen