Strange thing happened

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing a heart monitor sound like at the hospital, but it sounds like a different tone. But it's got the same rhythm as a heart.

So far I've entertained the idea that it is:

1. God trying to tell me something
2. Some sort of audible hallucination
3. The neighbor somehow

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I move around it disappears like it is some sort of positional audio like surround sound.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edgar Alan Poe, 21st Century Version
Yeah, I remember the teacher reading his book as a child. Strange guy that Poe. I'm assuming that was a joke. o_O

But yeah the sound actually is coming from above me and behind me. It sounds like it's coming from the neighbors apartment in his ceiling. I thought it might be a fan or something making on oscillating tone. But when I get closer to his wall it doesn't get louder. It gets quieter like it's positional sound like surround sound.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't start worrying til it flatlines..:)

Funny thing is it did a couple times and I thought it might be God warning me. I had chest pains yesterday, which isn't totally abnormal and I usually just ignore them.

I checked the rhythm of the heart beat and it's 40 beats per minute which is something that happened to me some time ago. The doctors said if it happens again to see the doctor immediately. I recorded it in my prayer thread here: Heart rate problems

Hmmm, well I'm going to just not assume. It could be the neighbors apartment making noise or something.

I've never had audible hallucinations from my schizophrenia before, hopefully it's not that.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, I could hear it from the back apartment and from the one next to me. It's going to be funny if it's just the bathroom fan reverberating from the guy that smokes waaaaay too much pot next to me airing out his apartment. Either that or I'm getting a contact high thru the walls.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Living in an apartment complex? Could be the neighbors noise maker.
If you leave the area and dont hear it well that tells you it is around your place only.
If you think it is in your apartment, turn off the main electric power breaker and see if it stops.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing a heart monitor sound like at the hospital, but it sounds like a different tone. But it's got the same rhythm as a heart.

3. The neighbor somehow

I'm guessing from what you've described an audible hallucination along the lines of tinnitus - ringing in the ears. I have that a lot, ever since my depression hit. Sometimes it makes a variety of sounds, tones, long beeps, slow beeps. Some describe whispering sounds, or all sorts of things.

That it disappears when you move suggests to me that the is pressure on a nerve lying next to a blood vessel and it's picking up that rhythm.

I've had something like that, where I could my heart beat when I turned my head different ways.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I remember the teacher reading his book as a child. Strange guy that Poe. I'm assuming that was a joke. o_O

But yeah the sound actually is coming from above me and behind me. It sounds like it's coming from the neighbors apartment in his ceiling. I thought it might be a fan or something making on oscillating tone. But when I get closer to his wall it doesn't get louder. It gets quieter like it's positional sound like surround sound.
I realize now what you meant about moving around - moving around the room.

Hm. I don't know!

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize now what you meant about moving around - moving around the room.

Hm. I don't know!

Much love!
I'm starting to think it's coming from the neighbors apartment. I can't be sure and it's quiet during the day due to the cars that drive by, but at night I hear it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting to think it's coming from the neighbors apartment. I can't be sure and it's quiet during the day due to the cars that drive by, but at night I hear it.
Maybe because of the lower ambient noise level at night?

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

3. The neighbor somehow
you can discount the first one devin..........unless it sounds like a donkey with laryngitis :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can discount the first one devin..........unless it sounds like a donkey with laryngitis :)
Yeah at first I was unsure. But now I'm pretty sure it's coming from the neighbors apartment.