Strong Delusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
[SIZE=9pt]Levi, on 01 Jun 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]I see this heavily within my own generation and it started in public school where we are indoctrinated into a progressive mindset (more like progressive sin). What seems natural is in complete conflict with what the Bible has to say. I find it difficult to stay focused on the ways of God, it takes great effort.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Indeed it does, Levi, particularly if you rub shoulders with all the worldly ones a great deal. One thing that can help is to separate yourself from those that will not consider Yah’shua. Bad company is a great trial to us all, not because we don’t want to help all those around us that seem lost, but because preaching the Gospel in words is not received at all well, and their company is oppressive to us. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Instead, you must walk out your witness…not saying what Yah’shua would have them do, but hearing in your own heart each day what the Spirit leads you to do in loving kindness for all the lost ones around you. The greatest kindness you can do is to walk the straight and narrow as quietly, calmly, and confidently as you can, praying for help whenever you feel like you cannot do it. Yah’shua will enable you to pick yourself up every time you fall, and in His mercy and Grace, He is not concerned that you cannot learn to be perfect all in one day, or year, or decade, or indeed, until you are in the incorruptible new body we will one day have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You can pray for His intervention, to help you by changing you, because you cannot change yourself. He will surely do so, bit by bit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And you can worship Him, in song and words under your breath, disturbing no one but pouring out your heart to our Adonai, for with worship of Yah’shua comes much favor and grace simply within the worship…your heart is lightened, and your way made just a little easier because you are meeting the difficulties of the day in an attitude of valuing Yah’shua no matter what you are having trouble with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The other thing you can do to help yourself, is to pray for those around you as you would pray for yourself, sowing words of intervention that those around you might receive grace and favor, and be called to Yah’shua, for that which you sow, you will reap.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Levi, doing all of this is not immediately learned…you need to make notes, and look at them several times a day, and practice them…I set alarms on my cell phone so I am reminded many times a day, and put more on my computer task scheduler.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Once you have the habit of stopping for a moment to praise the Lord and ask Yah’shua for help, it simply snowballs from there, getting easier and easier. And the more you pray for those around you, and for yourself, the more your prayers are answered. The more you praise Him under your breath, repeating the praises of Adonai in word and song, the better you will feel, and the easier your way will be made by the one you praise. And the best praise of Yah’shua is thanking Him for what He did for you, thanking Him, for every little detail and pleasure of your life, for every gift and tender mercy you see and enjoy,for every pleasure and comfort, until all your day is one long, softly sung or stated prayer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Due to this strong delusion how do we know for sure we ourselves are not deluded? Or the people we see as wise, how do we know they aren't deluded, too?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Check your Bible...always, check your Bible. If what you have heard or seen does not match up with Scripture, then you must turn away from it. Be very wary, for this is already a problem, and will get worse and worse. Read and memorise the Scriptures...it is your best protection, for the Ruach haKodesh will bring up the words in times of trouble, and remind you of what you have read. And if you feel a definite 'I don't want to!' in the pit of your stomach about any secular matter, that is the Holy One saying Beware! And when it comes to what you are 'taught' in school, you must offset it with the truth...real history in real, non-school books is the only way you will learn any truth. The media, and all the big Blogs are all propaganda, so balance American propaganda with European, Middle Eastern, Russian and Asian propaganda...only then can you get at any of the truth. And never believe what you are told until you have checked out the truth for yourself...the Internet is great for fact checking, and you have your Bible and the Holy Spirit to guide your in all other things.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Levi, on 01 Jun 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]How do we know we are experiencing an eternal type of life?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We do not experience eternity now, Levi, but we do experience the connection that we have with the Holy Spirit, and with practice in listening, and asking Yah'shua for help through the Holy Spirit when we are feeling confused or lost, we are comforted. In this, also, the Psalms in the Scripture, and songs and worship can very quickly get us turned in the right way, and walking as we should. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Do you mean signs and wonders?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]There is little need for the miraculous in day to day living with Yah'shua as your Savior, and Yah'shua himself said that signs are sought for by an evil and adulterous (spiritually) generation. But Signs and Wonders you will receive in due time, for the Holy Spirit is being poured out on Believers in larger and larger measures as we approach the return of Yah'shua. It isn't something to seek, exactly, and seems oddly tame when they occur...so impossible, and yet so real. Often it's a lot like watching a video happening in the middle of the air where there can be no such thing! For us, the idea of seeing and hearing a 'Virtual' world is not foreign, but it scared the Prophets to death! Demon attacks are on your mind, and sometimes on your electronics, but they can do you no harm...just trick and confuse you. When confused, sing praises, or read your Bible...works every time![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Seek the face of YHVH, and His desires for you, not His hand, and His blessings will cascade over you, spiritually and physically.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Christ does overcome sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yah'shua does more than overcome sin...He became all of our sins, and rottenness, our sickening deceit, and petty hatreds, our whiny, dirty, miserable human selves that we might be pure and righteous in Him. It is done, once and for all, and YHVH has promised to remember our sins no more. Certainly we continue to sin...we cannot avoid it, only lessen it with the help of the Holy One, but because of Yah'shua, we receive mercy, and grace, and all blessing, now, and in the Kingdom., and YHVH refuses to see our sin anymore. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We are YHVH's children, and to be schooled and disciplined to make us better, but no longer punished, not even by yourself. Above all, when you ask forgiveness for blowing it again, forgive yourself as well, out loud! We are no longer under condemnation, and should not feel it, except momentarily when we do blow it. Then Yah'shua's mercy flows over us, and we exist in a constantly renewed state of forgiveness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The Holy Spirit in us helps us to guard our minds and hearts against the lure of sin, and we gradually leave off doing a great deal of it, but we are not condemned by it anymore, because we are under Grace, and not Law. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What Law there is, is that of Yah'shua, and is more than all of the Mosaic covenant, because it is not just what we do, but what we think and feel as well that is being changed because of the Law of Love being written on our hearts and minds. It does not mean more laws to keep, but keeping all of YHVH's desire for our behavior first. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It is a long time of learning...do not beat yourself up for what you have not yet overcome...Yah'shua has begun a work in you that He will finish. Anything you hate about yourself, or others, merely ask Him to change it, and He will, perhaps not at once, for He does different things in different orders for everyone as He see's the need, but it will get changed, and one day you will find yourself astonished that somehow you stopped doing something that you hated yourself for doing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We cannot change ourselves…Only Yah’shua through the Holy Spirit can do so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Q[/SIZE]

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
In the words of IRON MAIDEN:

I'm waiting in my cold cell, when the bell begins to chime.
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time.
'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows Pole,
The sands of time for me are running low.

When the priest comes to read me the last rites,
I take a look through the bars at the last sights,
Of a world that has gone very wrong for me.

Can it be that there's some sort of error?
Hard to stop the surmounting terror.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming,
It's not easy to stop from screaming,
But words escape me when I try to speak.

Tears fall but why am I crying?
After all I'm not afraid of dying.
Don't I believe that there never is an end?

As the guards march me out to the courtyard,
Somebody cries from a cell "God be with you".
If there's a God then why has he let me go?

As I walk all my life drifts before me
And though the end is near I'm not sorry
Catch my soul 'cause it's willing to fly away

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please don't worry now that I have gone
I've gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand,
Maybe then you'll begin to understand

Life down here is just a strange illusion.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Once we begin to know His voice then we can start to live a very exciting life indeed."

Or, a very crucified life indeed.
You forgot the occasional terryfying part til you become secure in Him.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Check your Bible...always, check your Bible. If what you have heard or seen does not match up with Scripture, then you must turn away from it. Be very wary, for this is already a problem, and will get worse and worse. Read and memorise the Scriptures...it is your best protection, for the Ruach haKodesh will bring up the words in times of trouble, and remind you of what you have read.[/SIZE]
Cry out to Jesus daily. learn to know the voice of your master, for in the days to come, the words in teh bible will not save you. listen to teh leading of teh Holy Spirit for He will lead you into the truth, be carefull with teh bible it has led many to false religions and doctrines. The ysay if it isnt in teh bible dont believe it, eyt Jesus said," in teh bible"...

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

If it doesnt line up with who God is, dont believe it. The enemy has used teh word s in teh bible to deceive many, because they dont know the voice of teh good shepherd.

In all His love

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
mjrhealth said:
If it doesnt line up with who God is, dont believe it. The enemy has used teh word s in teh bible to deceive many, because they dont know the voice of teh good shepherd.
Those who read the bible without hearkening to the voice of the shepherd will be deceived.

Levi

May 30, 2013
Questor said:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Check your Bible...always, check your Bible. If what you have heard or seen does not match up with Scripture, then you must turn away from it. Be very wary, for this is already a problem, and will get worse and worse. Read and memorise the Scriptures...it is your best protection, for the Ruach haKodesh will bring up the words in times of trouble, and remind you of what you have read. And if you feel a definite 'I don't want to!' in the pit of your stomach about any secular matter, that is the Holy One saying Beware! And when it comes to what you are 'taught' in school, you must offset it with the truth...real history in real, non-school books is the only way you will learn any truth. The media, and all the big Blogs are all propaganda, so balance American propaganda with European, Middle Eastern, Russian and Asian propaganda...only then can you get at any of the truth. And never believe what you are told until you have checked out the truth for yourself...the Internet is great for fact checking, and you have your Bible and the Holy Spirit to guide your in all other things.[/quote][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I am agreeing with almost everything you said, except perhaps this part, highlighted above. I know people and I myself have experienced things that are not found in the Bible. It's difficult for some people to admit God can break His own laws of nature, which of course, can be found in the Bible but perhaps not the exact experience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Would believing God outside of the Bible be part of the strong delusion? That only what is written in the Bible is from God and all else is rubbish?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What do we follow - the Spirit - or the Bible - which version?[/SIZE]

[/quote]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We do not experience eternity now, Levi, but we do experience the connection that we have with the Holy Spirit, and with practice in listening, and asking Yah'shua for help through the Holy Spirit when we are feeling confused or lost, we are comforted. In this, also, the Psalms in the Scripture, and songs and worship can very quickly get us turned in the right way, and walking as we should. [/quote][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If it is His life we are to be living now, how is that not eternal life yet?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]After all, God is changing us, right? Aren't those changes eternal?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yah'shua does more than overcome sin...He became all of our sins, and rottenness, our sickening deceit, and petty hatreds, our whiny, dirty, miserable human selves that we might be pure and righteous in Him. It is done, once and for all, and YHVH has promised to remember our sins no more. Certainly we continue to sin...we cannot avoid it, only lessen it with the help of the Holy One, but because of Yah'shua, we receive mercy, and grace, and all blessing, now, and in the Kingdom., and YHVH refuses to see our sin anymore. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Jesus has overcome the entire world![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]If God can't "see our sin anymore" - what is the point of repentance? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Is this also a part of the strong delusion?[/SIZE]

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
For decades I have watched as Satan has been attempting to purchase the entire world. For much of that time, I did not even know what I was seeing was this act. USA's national debt and the debts of the other countries are proof positive of this. When I was a child a car with 50,000 miles on it was near the end of its life expectancy and more often than not, a 2 (northern) year old car had rust holes in it. You could easily recognize the poor people because their cars showed all the fatigue needed to understand the person's income level. Auto are not the only example of this - just one example easy to see.

Today I have seen people in cars I could never afford going to churches to get the free food, people at Human Services (not the employees) with nice, very nice autos. Police used to value justice above law, today these police are but sheep... following the guidelines the government lays out all the while it teaches that the government's law IS Justice - and (I think) it is 20% of American workers are government employees...all of them being paid to become sheep and get their friends and family to "BAAA" like them. Don't get me wrong - I do not mean ALL of them ARE sheep... it is a generalization. I know of some who will never become sheep and some who do not want to become sheep but are teetering on the edge.

I listen in dis-belief as people in the news tell of the need of a "growing economy" - all the while knowing myself that a growing economy is always a path toward destruction. Yet these "economists" teach this lie with reckless abandon and they probably believe that lie themselves. My (now) X-wife is an accountant. When we were first married we moved out of state and both got jobs... I was the first of us to get an accounting position - though I had no college degree. A stable economy is not a growing economy. Supply and demand can be controlled by you... by demanding less and saving more. We are told the USA is roughly 15 trillion dollars in debt... it is probably more like 200 trillion and growing as Satan continues to purchase people's hearts and souls and rid them of morality and a quest for eternal life through Jesus.

False Advertising is supposed to be against the law in USA, but above the Courthouses are the words "Halls of Justice" - it is not - it is the halls of law. The internet has spawned massive false advertising and the digital super-highway is providing companies to access your account monthly unless you give notice and can prove you have given notice that they are no longer allowed access... imagine the future of this super-highway once a couple more bridges span a few more gaps.

Delusional??? OF Course the world is running full-bore into the breech where they can be ignited and explode before they realize there is a God and his Son is Jesus and God's plan for us is one of un-believable beauty both inside and out.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Levi said:
Questor said:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Check your Bible...always, check your Bible. If what you have heard or seen does not match up with Scripture, then you must turn away from it. Be very wary, for this is already a problem, and will get worse and worse. Read and memorise the Scriptures...it is your best protection, for the Ruach haKodesh will bring up the words in times of trouble, and remind you of what you have read. And if you feel a definite 'I don't want to!' in the pit of your stomach about any secular matter, that is the Holy One saying Beware! And when it comes to what you are 'taught' in school, you must offset it with the truth...real history in real, non-school books is the only way you will learn any truth. The media, and all the big Blogs are all propaganda, so balance American propaganda with European, Middle Eastern, Russian and Asian propaganda...only then can you get at any of the truth. And never believe what you are told until you have checked out the truth for yourself...the Internet is great for fact checking, and you have your Bible and the Holy Spirit to guide your in all other things.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I am agreeing with almost everything you said, except perhaps this part, highlighted above. I know people and I myself have experienced things that are not found in the Bible. It's difficult for some people to admit God can break His own laws of nature, which of course, can be found in the Bible but perhaps not the exact experience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Would believing God outside of the Bible be part of the strong delusion? That only what is written in the Bible is from God and all else is rubbish?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What do we follow - the Spirit - or the Bible - which version?[/SIZE]

[/quote]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We do not experience eternity now, Levi, but we do experience the connection that we have with the Holy Spirit, and with practice in listening, and asking Yah'shua for help through the Holy Spirit when we are feeling confused or lost, we are comforted. In this, also, the Psalms in the Scripture, and songs and worship can very quickly get us turned in the right way, and walking as we should. [/quote][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If it is His life we are to be living now, how is that not eternal life yet?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]After all, God is changing us, right? Aren't those changes eternal?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Jesus has overcome the entire world![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]If God can't "see our sin anymore" - what is the point of repentance? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[/QUOTE]

Could you please use the quote function!??? I can't tell what you are saying at all! Thanks

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Levi said:
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
Where does it say that GOD can't see our sin? I think the bible says quite the opposite. Look at the warnings and rebukes to the 7 churches of Asia in Revelation.

Levi

May 30, 2013
Episkopos said:
Could you please use the quote function!??? I can't tell what you are saying at all! Thanks
I tried and failed.

My response is in blue.

Basically what I'm saying is alot of what Questor has stated is part of the strong delusion.
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Where does it say that GOD can't see our sin? I think the bible says quite the opposite. Look at the warnings and rebukes to the 7 churches of Asia in Revelation.
It was my point, Questor said God can't see our sin anymore - this is what other people believe, too, and it, too, is part of the strong delusion.

God sees our sin, it's why we shouldn't do it.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Levi said:
Basically what I'm saying is alot of what Questor has stated is part of the strong delusion.
It was my point, Questor said God can't see our sin anymore - this is what other people believe, too, and it, too, is part of the strong delusion.

God sees our sin, it's why we shouldn't do it.
Oh sorry. I got mixed up.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The great delusion consists of subverting the truth into a lie...and a lie into the truth.

Here is an article on THE POSITIONAL PLATFORM that seeks to redefine Christianity from a more human perspective.

Even the first line is the exact opposite of the truth...most actually believe the lies here at least in part! There are are not too many who can recognize the voice of the devil as it is so plainly laid out here...

"The majority of believers today are in legal bondage because they do not see the essential difference between our position and that of Israel under the Law. Israel depended upon their own obedience to get their blessings in the land. Christians receive their blessings because of the Lord Jesus’ obedience in their stead. He paid in full “the wages of sin”—which was death (Rom 6:23): and we have the “free gift of God”—eternal life. This gives us rest of heart so that we have leisure to love the Father for His own sake and learn to delight in His will.

The primary reason Christians today are living such unhappy, such empty, such weak and fruitless lives, is not that they are “not consecrated,” “not surrendered, “not self-denying,” ”not obedient.” The trouble, the one great trouble, is, Christians do not believe that they are “free from the Law, in Christ Jesus” (which Christians Gentiles were never under, as Christian Jews were before believing); and that they already have the glorious blessings they are seeking after and need only to claim them to enjoy them—that “their part” is simply to enter in and by the Spirit enjoy the infinite spoils of the Lord Jesus’ victory.

We died with the Lord Jesus, and were made alive “together with Him.” And with Him we were raised up and seated in heavenly places in Him; where, as a real fact, every child of God now is, in His sight and reckoning, whether by his own reckoning and consequent experience or not! This position in the Lord Jesus seated at the Father‘s right hand is the only platform from which the believer can consider aright the truths of the Word of God!

If positional truth, rather than the duties of attainment, were taught first to the saints, much more satisfactory results would follow the ministry of Christian workers. We should note most carefully that Israel was brought into Canaan (Josh 14:1), uncircumcised (in their heart, not in their flesh) and unworthy as they were, before they were asked (Jer 4:4) to take the circumcised, separated position as the people of God.

So we, as Christians, have been already brought by Christ Jesus our Head, in His death, resurrection and ascension, into the “heavenly places,” and to us have been given “all things that pertain unto life and godliness” (2 Pet 1:3). And it is always on the ground of where we already are, and what we already are, and what we already have, that the Holy Spirit speaks to us concerning our wholehearted recognition and acceptance of the blessed privileges and responsibilities of “the calling wherewith we are called.”

Paul does not ask a thing of the saints in Ephesians 1-3 but just to listen while he proclaims that wondrous series of great and eternal facts concerning them; and not until he has completed this catalogue of positional realities about them does he ask them to do anything at all! And when he does open his plea for their high walk as saints, everything is based on the revelation before given of the facts of their high character and destiny as saints: “I therefore . . . beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith you were called” (Eph 4:1).

Let us cease laying down to the saints long lists of “conditions” of entering into the blessed life in the Lord Jesus; and instead, as the primal preparation for leading them into the reality of this life, show them what their position, possessions, and privileges in the Lord Jesus Christ already are. Thus shall we truly work in dependence upon the Holy Spirit; and thus shall we have much more abiding fruit of our labors among the people of God.

Wm R Newell

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
God sees our sin but does not impute our sin, as long as we look to Jesus in repenting......die to our sinful nature, & see the Father as looking upon the blood of Jesus as our justification. This is being covered by the blood.....but is not permanent while here on the Earth.....we have to walk in His mercy.

"You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life;
but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

God has & will BLOT PEOPLE OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE...not counting imputed mercy through the Blood. The walk has to do with overcoming until the end.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brothertom said:
God sees our sin but does not impute our sin, as long as we look to Jesus in repenting......die to our sinful nature, & see the Father as looking upon the blood of Jesus as our justification. This is being covered by the blood.....but is not permanent while here on the Earth.....we have to walk in His mercy.

"You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life;
but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

God has & will BLOT PEOPLE OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE...not counting imputed mercy through the Blood. The walk has to do with overcoming until the end.

What do you make of the Newell article (in green) above?

Brothertom

May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
"What do you make of the Newell article (in green) above?"

It seems positional but not actual; incomplete, separated from the daily cross that we must live in, DENYING ourselves...& the Holy Spirit imputing resurrection life . It's almost like a doctrinal assessment, acknowledging a positional life in God without the daily death we must live in, in order to attain the daily resurrection life.

"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.

Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us."

Newell:...."Let us cease laying down to the saints long lists of “conditions” of entering into the blessed life in the Lord Jesus; and instead, as the primal preparation for leading them into the reality of this life, show them what their position, possessions, and privileges in the Lord Jesus Christ already are!"

It's just a change in dogma, & unattainable by intellectual assent alone. Because I believe I'm blessed & free there-fore I am according to my embracing these ideas.

This is the daily walk for all true Christians entering into maturity;

"Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it."

Without this walk of self-denial you have no "position, possessions, and privileges in the Lord Jesus Christ.."...just ideas about Him.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
One doesn't enter into life through denial of self. Many religions teach that. Life comes through looking to the cross, which gives us life and works death in us that the life may bring forth fruit. Self-willed dieing to self is basically nothing more than delusion and idolatry.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
One doesn't enter into life through denial of self. Many religions teach that. Life comes through looking to the cross, which gives us life and works death in us that the life may bring forth fruit. Self-willed dieing to self is basically nothing more than delusion and idolatry.

Exactly! That is why we need to die with Christ in order to be raised with Him!

Brothertom

May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
"Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it."

Jesus of Nazareth.

Reactions: Just here

Levi

May 30, 2013
John 12:23 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.