Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you didn't even address her actually. You used a different unrelated case.

There's actual genetics, and then there's pseudo-genetics ideas pushed by those on the false theory of evolution. Each must make their choice who they're going to listen to.

The fact that God said at the start in Genesis about His creation of living beings each after their 'kind', and made one of His laws to Israel that they were not to mix their cattle or seed (Leviticus 19), and the fact that two of one race will not produce offspring of a different race, should be enough proof for a Bible-believer. But for those who don't really believe God's Word, I don't take much stock in their theories, even when they try to call it science when it's actually pseudo-science.

Two people of one race does not produce offspring of another race, unless the woman has sexual intercourse with multiple partners of different races, which can produce twins of different races because of two different sperm from two different fathers...

https://www.babycenter.com/0_strange-but-true-twins-can-have-different-fathers_10364945.bc

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two people of one race does not produce offspring of another race, unless the woman has sexual intercourse with multiple partners of different races, which can produce twins of different races because of two different sperm from two different fathers...
I agree, the problem for you is that there is only one human race. Color of skin is just the amount of pigment. And since you refuse to actually acknowledge that two white parents did have a black baby I know that you know deep down you have lost the argument.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.

A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Mankind, not just a man, was created in Gen 1.

I would hope that if you don't agree with me, you would give scripture why, and on the other hand I will point out why I believe the way I do. We just need to present it in a civil way.
Hi,

If a day is not 24 hours then what is it?

Mankind is the human race and if you don't have both male AND female you don't have "mankind". If, as you believe, God created mankind in Gen 1 then why did he create a woman in Gen 2? If the male makes up "mankind" then what does a male and a female make?

Reactions: reformed1689

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter two only deals with the creation of man specifically. That is the purpose of chapter two. It is not to expound on the chronology of chapter 1. The two chapters have two very different purposes but are describing the same event, not two different events. When God formed Adam on day six, not day three or four, on day six he created Him. He then saw there was no suitable helper because all of the other animals were also created so he created Eve, also on day six.
First thanks for the reply, second, you said,
He then saw there was no suitable helper because all of the other animals were also created so he created Eve, also on day six.
ERROR, let me refresh your oversight. Scripture,
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof".
EVERY, include all of them, so there was no "other" animals.

so your assessment is incorrect.

Now, chapter 2, states before the grass grew, before the herbs and the trees, man was "FORMED", which eliminates an Dawin or any other theory of evolution..... period.
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul". (this was DAY 3 BEFORE the Grass, the herbs, and the trees).

So chapter 2 is dealing with man from day 3 to day 6.

so you will have to come up with something else better.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

If a day is not 24 hours then what is it?

Mankind is the human race and if you don't have both male AND female you don't have "mankind". If, as you believe, God created mankind in Gen 1 then why did he create a woman in Gen 2? If the male makes up "mankind" then what does a male and a female make?
Good question, and here's your answers. there are two definitions of ADAM. one of the First man and the second of "Mankind".
#1. Adam, H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

#2. Adam, H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]
KJV: Adam.
Root(s): H120

Now as for a "DAY" in Genesis, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

now what made me realize that a DAY in Genesis 1 is when he made the Sun. listen,
Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years". see that term "days" that's the qualifier. looking at Genesis 2:4 H3117 יוֹם yowm (yome) a day can mean "age", but notice also it can be translated by the kjv as "continually" or "continuance". so if a "continuance" then the terms Day and Night are makers as to what was made "continually".
so Genesis 1:14 above, is linear time, meaning solar time (better know as 24hr time) which is measured by the rotation of the Earth and the sun shining. but notice also, here in solar time, it divided the day from the Night, but was not the day and the Night already divided? scripture,
Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. ******* notice that.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

ok this was the FIRST DAY, well the sun was not made until the 4 Day ... for "days", and for seasons and years. so a solar or 24hr day is a johnny come lately.... as late as Day #4

so again a 24hr solar day is not a God "DAY" in genesis chapter 1. now if you have something different please post it.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, let me refresh your oversight. Scripture,
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof".
EVERY, include all of them, so there was no "other" animals.

so your assessment is incorrect.
What exactly was my error?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, and here's your answers. there are two definitions of ADAM. one of the First man and the second of "Mankind".
#1. Adam, H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

#2. Adam, H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
[the same as H120]
Hi 101G,

This makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

Where in Scripture does it give "two definitions of Adam?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now as for a "DAY" in Genesis, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

now what made me realize that a DAY in Genesis 1 is when he made the Sun. listen,
Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years". see that term "days" that's the qualifier. looking at Genesis 2:4 H3117 יוֹם yowm (yome) a day can mean "age", but notice also it can be translated by the kjv as "continually" or "continuance". so if a "continuance" then the terms Day and Night are makers as to what was made "continually".
so Genesis 1:14 above, is linear time, meaning solar time (better know as 24hr time) which is measured by the rotation of the Earth and the sun shining. but notice also, here in solar time, it divided the day from the Night, but was not the day and the Night already divided? scripture,
Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. ******* notice that.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

ok this was the FIRST DAY, well the sun was not made until the 4 Day ... for "days", and for seasons and years. so a solar or 24hr day is a johnny come lately.... as late as Day #4

so again a 24hr solar day is not a God "DAY" in genesis chapter 1. now if you have something different please post it.

PICJAG.
If one rotation of the earth is not a day then what is? 1/2 a rotation? 2 rotations? 5? 10???

Curious Mary

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly was my error?
you said, "He then saw there was no suitable helper because all of the other animals were also created so he created Eve, also on day six"
"All of the "OTHER" animals?". that's your ERROR, when God made the animals he made them "EVERY" one at the same time. supportive scripture, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

so there was no "OTHER" animals made.

so "EVERY" animals, or "Living creature (thing)" was made on day 6. Adam was made on Day 3

PICJAG

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said, "He then saw there was no suitable helper because all of the other animals were also created so he created Eve, also on day six"
"All of the "OTHER" animals?". that's your ERROR, when God made the animals he made them "EVERY" one at the same time. supportive scripture, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

so there was no "OTHER" animals made.

so "EVERY" animals, or "Living creature (thing)" was made on day 6. Adam was made on Day 3

PICJAG
Again, what was my error? I fully agree with chapter one. Yes, the animals were created on the same day. Adam was not made on day three there is no support for that in Scripture.

Again, what was my error?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 101G,

This makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

Where in Scripture does it give "two definitions of Adam?
first thanks for the reply.
Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof".
Adam/Man: H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
[the same as H120]

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Adam/Man:
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
[from H119]

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, what was my error? I fully agree with chapter one. Yes, the animals were created on the same day. Adam was not made on day three there is no support for that in Scripture.

Again, what was my error?
your ERROR was when you said, "other" animals. no, God "Formed" EVERY animals of its KIND at the same time on the same day. go back and read it again, he "Formed" .... "EVERY".

see when one use "ALL" and say "other" concering the same subject, it leaves the door open for misinformation, which can lead to an alternate view as to when something happen. so I'm just closing the door.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one rotation of the earth is not a day then what is? 1/2 a rotation? 2 rotations? 5? 10???

Curious Mary
you missed my point of the scriptures. a DAY here is 24hr, which started on God day FOUR. so a 24hr day cannot be a God's Day in time. see it now?

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your ERROR was when you said, "other" animals. no, God "Formed" EVERY animals of its KIND at the same time on the same day. go back and read it again, he "Formed" .... "EVERY".
I didn't say anything different did I? Nope. You are being ridiculous. But I now understand why you misinterpret Genesis 2 since you can't even get what I said right.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply.
Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof".
Adam/Man: H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
[the same as H120]

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Adam/Man:
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
[from H119]

PICJAG.
That didn't help...:(

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you missed my point of the scriptures. a DAY here is 24hr, which started on God day FOUR. so a 24hr day cannot be a God's Day in time. see it now?

PICJAG.
No....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say anything different did I? Nope. You are being ridiculous. But I now understand why you misinterpret Genesis 2 since you can't even get what I said right.
see Dave this is where and why you're getting nowhere. you say and never back it up with scriptures.see talk is cheap, and I'm not buying. so put up scripyures or shut up, your choice...... :D see I can set here all day long and keep saying no that's not right, well put it on the table, you scripture, and show me where I'm in error?.

in your last 4 or more posts, where is any scripture. now if you can show by scripture that Adam was made after "EVERY" animal was formed then post it. it's just that simple, let the bible do the talking for you.

so scripture please.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see Dave this is where and why you're getting nowhere. you say and never back it up with scriptures.see talk is cheap, and I'm not buying. so put up scripyures or shut up, your choice...... :D see I can set here all day long and keep saying no that's not right, well put it on the table, you scripture, and show me where I'm in error?.
I've talked about the Scriptures. You are putting forth nonsense.
in your last 4 or more posts, where is any scripture. now if you can show by scripture that Adam was made after "EVERY" animal was formed then post it. it's just that simple, let the bible do the talking for you.
BECAUSE OF THE CHRONOLOGY OF GENESIS 1.

Verses 25-26. Beasts were made first, then God saw that it was good, then he made man. It is sequential.