Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science in general, and the biblical record, denies the existence of different races. But all of that is red herring arguments, do you deny the flood happened?

Your argument is the red herring. Kind begats kind, that is what God's Word teaches. "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?" (Jer.13:23).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, you are taking Scripture out of context. Second, what about Sandra Laing?

No, actually I am not doing any such thing.

I recall a German woman at one time gave birth to twins, but the difference was one child was white and the other child was Black.

That didn't happen because of one paternal father. It happened because of more than one father. It's called 'superfecundation', two separate sperm fertilize two separate eggs from two different fathers. Even that reveals that evolution of races is false.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually I am not doing any such thing.

I recall a German woman at one time gave birth to twins, but the difference was one child was white and the other child was Black.

That didn't happen because of one paternal father. It happened because of more than one father. It's called 'superfecundation', two separate sperm fertilize two separate eggs from two different fathers. Even that reveals that evolution of races is false.
You completely ignored Sandra Laing. Why? She was one person, not twins, born black to white parents. Kinda blows your theory out of the water.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely ignored Sandra Laing. Why? She was one person, not twins, born black to white parents. Kinda blows your theory out of the water.

I'm pretty sure I just explained it, which actually blows your theory that kind does not produce kind.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah was born white (perhaps an albino) to his parents who were not white....it's a genetic mutation in the DNA....blues eyes are a genetic mutation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets get this right when man was "Formed" vs when man was "Created" male and female.

Genesis 2 is clear that man was "Formed" on day 3, Genesis 1 is clear that the Man was "Created" male and female on day 6.

as the bible says "we all need to say the same thing".

PICJAG

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets get this right when man was "Formed" vs when man was "Created" male and female.

Genesis 2 is clear that man was "Formed" on day 3, Genesis 1 is clear that the Man was "Created" male and female on day 6.

as the bible says "we all need to say the same thing".

PICJAG
What makes you think formed and created are different?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment".
I'm in agreement with the apostle. to eliminate confusion, we should say the same thing, and be of the same mind, which in Christ Jesus.

the mind I speak is that Man was here before the animals.
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof".

the mind I speak is that Adam was here before the animals because a help meet was in need of his being alone.
Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him".
plain as day, the animals was formed to find a help meet for the man Adam, and because no helpmeet was found after the animals was formed by God, then came the woman.

so step 1. Adam was alone, no animals, no birds.

Step 2. a help meet for Adam was sought. in this search was the animals formed out of the Ground.

Step 3. no help meet was found. now come the woman out of the Man. the Genders was "CREATED" male and female.

so the account in chapter 2 harmonize totally and completly with chapter #1.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment".
I'm in agreement with the apostle. to eliminate confusion, we should say the same thing, and be of the same mind, which in Christ Jesus.

the mind I speak is that Man was here before the animals.
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof".

the mind I speak is that Adam was here before the animals because a help meet was in need of his being alone.
Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him".
plain as day, the animals was formed to find a help meet for the man Adam, and because no helpmeet was found after the animals was formed by God, then came the woman.

so step 1. Adam was alone, no animals, no birds.

Step 2. a help meet for Adam was sought. in this search was the animals formed out of the Ground.

Step 3. no help meet was found. now come the woman out of the Man. the Genders was "CREATED" male and female.

so the account in chapter 2 harmonize totally and completly with chapter #1.

PICJAG.
Chapter 1 gives the chronology.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter 1 gives the chronology.
GINOLJC, TO ALL.
yes, and chapter 2 gives detail account of that chronology in chapter 1.

no argument, just getting everyone on one accord. so if post #217 is incorrect in chronology lets discuss, NOT ARGUE, but reason out the correct chronology.

I don't mind going first. the sticking point for some is the day when man was a. "formed" and b. the day when man was "created" male and female. according to the kjv of the bible, the man was alone, and God sought a help meet for him, (chapter 2, this is not recorded in chapter 1). in doing so he "formed" the animals on day 6. but man was already here on the earth before the animals was formed.

Evidence #1. Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Evidence #2. if the man was alone, and because of this being alone, he, (God), formed the animals and then brought them to the man. verses 18 & 19 clearly states that the man was here before he formed the animals. so do this conflict with the chronology at Genesis 1:26 & 27? NO. for God "created" from the existing man another man, (woman, meaning taken out of man) which was formed, in Gender, female. supportive scripture, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them".

so, the GENDERS was "created". because the female was "formed", and not created. how do we know that the woman was "formed" and not "created"? because God chosen apostle recorded it so from God. 1 Timothy 2:13 "For Adam was first formed, then Eve". so from scripture, we see both was formed, but the question, WHEN. this is why we have a detail account in chapter two. Adam was "Formed" before the animals, Eve the woman after the animals, because no help meet was found in the animals.

This is my reasoning from the scriptures in chapter 1 & chapter 2. Man was formed first before the animals, and the Woman formed after the animals on day 6. if you or anyone have Evidence to the contrary, please post it.

one last Evidence in some, not all, of the newer translation has Genesis 2:19 saying "he LORD God (has) formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air", before he brought them to Adam. they added the has. but checking with the Hebrew Interlinear it records it this way, "and·he-is-forming". which correspond to the kjv correctly. one can check this finding at, https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen2.pdf

read for yourself.

PICJAG

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, TO ALL.
yes, and chapter 2 gives detail account of that chronology in chapter 1.

no argument, just getting everyone on one accord. so if post #217 is incorrect in chronology lets discuss, NOT ARGUE, but reason out the correct chronology.

I don't mind going first. the sticking point for some is the day when man was a. "formed" and b. the day when man was "created" male and female. according to the kjv of the bible, the man was alone, and God sought a help meet for him, (chapter 2, this is not recorded in chapter 1). in doing so he "formed" the animals on day 6. but man was already here on the earth before the animals was formed.

Evidence #1. Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Evidence #2. if the man was alone, and because of this being alone, he, (God), formed the animals and then brought them to the man. verses 18 & 19 clearly states that the man was here before he formed the animals. so do this conflict with the chronology at Genesis 1:26 & 27? NO. for God "created" from the existing man another man, (woman, meaning taken out of man) which was formed, in Gender, female. supportive scripture, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them".

so, the GENDERS was "created". because the female was "formed", and not created. how do we know that the woman was "formed" and not "created"? because God chosen apostle recorded it so from God. 1 Timothy 2:13 "For Adam was first formed, then Eve". so from scripture, we see both was formed, but the question, WHEN. this is why we have a detail account in chapter two. Adam was "Formed" before the animals, Eve the woman after the animals, because no help meet was found in the animals.

This is my reasoning from the scriptures in chapter 1 & chapter 2. Man was formed first before the animals, and the Woman formed after the animals on day 6. if you or anyone have Evidence to the contrary, please post it.

one last Evidence in some, not all, of the newer translation has Genesis 2:19 saying "he LORD God (has) formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air", before he brought them to Adam. they added the has. but checking with the Hebrew Interlinear it records it this way, "and·he-is-forming". which correspond to the kjv correctly. one can check this finding at, https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen2.pdf

read for yourself.

PICJAG
Chapter two only deals with the creation of man specifically. That is the purpose of chapter two. It is not to expound on the chronology of chapter 1. The two chapters have two very different purposes but are describing the same event, not two different events. When God formed Adam on day six, not day three or four, on day six he created Him. He then saw there was no suitable helper because all of the other animals were also created so he created Eve, also on day six.