Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have the time to argue what a day is to God and what a day is to man........just don't be ignorant about the fact that the earth is very very old in man's years.....millions and millions.....dinosaurs as well are very very old......millions of years old. Mankind is only a few thousand years old.
Based on?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have no evidence for what you have concluded and you had the audacity to tell me to research it assuming I hadn't already done so?
I did not say I haven't done the research. I said I haven't written a paper based on it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also haven't provided any evidence here for your claim, but require others to do so....
I don't require anything from anyone. Do what you want....it isn't anything that can benefit anyone concerning their salvation...what is most important is knowing Jesus.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, you are one of those, as long as I am saved the rest of the Bible doesn't really matter, people aren't you?
Are you one of those who attack others because they don't agree with you?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God did not start measuring time as we now know it until the 4th day....
Well according to Genesis 1:5, God did start measuring time from day one: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1. Christians need to look at what is actually stated in the Bible, since that will prevent a great deal of misunderstanding and conjecture.

2. We should also be clear that since Moses was not present at creation, God gave him the exact and precise words to write down. The Hebrew day begins at sunset "so evening" indicate the beginning of the first day (and time started being measured right then). The Hebrew day also ends at sunset, but "morning" indicates that the day continued through the following morning, and finished at sunset.

3. All conjectures about the Day-Age Theory are shut down in the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20):

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger thatis within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Here God's creation week is clearly compared to man's work week. Men labor for six literal 24 hour days and are commanded to rest on the 7th day. But God counts His six days of creation right here, so there is no question that day one started the measurement of time. However, God placed the sun and the moon in the heavens to continue measuring time, and it has been thus since creation.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 + however many days there were after the creation week.

Yes

Where does it say anything about reproduction happening?

One problem, that verse wasn't written in Hebrew so that is not even relevant, though I doubt that is even true with regard to the Hebrew, I'd have to look it up.

No. It speaks about the seventh day having already happened, Exodus confirms this as well.

How old are the bones of dinosaurs that have been found?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.

A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Mankind, not just a man, was created in Gen 1.

I would hope that if you don't agree with me, you would give scripture why, and on the other hand I will point out why I believe the way I do. We just need to present it in a civil way.

Most will not get that He created males and females on the same day,ie,all the races.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, n2thelight, I think some of the people get it. Thank you for your post.

Now, I am going to really get their attention!

LORD God is the same God as in Gen 1, but it implies more. By the way, God had input from the angels as to the races of people he created. The angels did not not do the creating.

Gen 2 is not about creation of man. It is about LORD God, the covenant God, forming Adam and later Eve.
Also the forming of domestic animals for Adam in his garden or, as we might call it, his farm.
Forming has a different meaning than creating.

LORD God is the same God as in Gen 1, but God had made no covenant with the people that were to go and replenish the earth.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Reactions: n2thelight

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. But you have yet to provide evidence of your claim yet try to claim you have one the debate.
I gave you the scripture...and because you can't see it for yourself then I can't give anything you would accept. You have predetermined to argue with anything I present based on your already biased belief. So I won't argue with you....and I did not try to claim I have won (one as you spelled it) the debate. This is the 3rd time you have accused me of something that is not true.
Why are you doing that?

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. But you have yet to provide evidence of your claim yet try to claim you have one the debate.
I think I said "some people".

Since animals were created first, it is possible there would still be some around. Now let me point out another theory. God does not create incomplete beings or anything. That being the case, why was it -

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Why? Because, when God created earth it was with form, but Lucifer had already been given control over earth and he had destroyed it before God again started putting life on it. The dinosaur bones could have been here during that time.

Again, I only mention that because I can't believe God would create anything that was null and void!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace