Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the scripture...and because you can't see it for yourself then I can't give anything you would accept. You have predetermined to argue with anything I present based on your already biased belief. So I won't argue with you....and I did not try to claim I have won (one as you spelled it) the debate. This is the 3rd time you have accused me of something that is not true.
Why are you doing that?
Did you even read my paper?

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the world is this in the text?
I'm talking theory, because it doesn't make sense that God would create anything that was null and void. Does it make sense to you?

We know from scripture that Lucifer was cast out of heaven, even mentions destroying land and people.

Thy land, wasn't it Lucifer that was in charge of the earth.
Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

The more I read scripture, the more it seems I am right.

Just answer this without scripture.
Do you think God would create earth already destroyed?

Reactions: Nancy

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm what church you been at i preach what God gives me NOT man

If you are preaching in an independent church, good for you! Give me a message God gave you that might be different from what he gives me. If you are independent we should be able to agree.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even read my paper?
I did not read because it required downloading it and I am on my phone so I didn't want to download it.
If you want to know where I get my info....I was seeking a deeper understanding and I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to reveal the creation of the 2 lights....and that is when I began to understand it....I am still praying about the first light...I am coming to believe the first light is Jesus. He is the light of the world....satan is the darkness because there is no light in him.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are preaching in an independent church, good for you! Give me a message God gave you that might be different from what he gives me. If you are independent we should be able to agree.
umm i dont bring messages on demand. i bring as they are given to me

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not read because it required downloading it and I am on my phone so I didn't want to download it.
If you want to know where I get my info....I was seeking a deeper understanding and I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to reveal the creation of the 2 lights....and that is when I began to understand it....I am still praying about the first light...I am coming to believe the first light is Jesus. He is the light of the world....satan is the darkness because there is no light in him.
I see, you are into mysticism and not study of the Scriptures.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm i dont bring messages on demand. i bring as they are given to me
I remember my Grandpa reading bible and writing down notes for his sermon. I don't remember his sermons but I know he got excited while preaching.

I started studying, not because I thought I needed to, but because my 20 year old son, at the time, asked me about preterism. I didn't just read but I asked God for info. Then I found a preacher who had lost his church because he saw scripture that backed it up. I studied his writings and finally could piece together his understanding and made it mine. Later on, either would ask God, for certain info or sometimes he would just give me a scripture. I love God!

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are you even getting this idea that someone even thinks that?

If something doesn't make sense, then I start thinking. Maybe someone else has given it some thought.
Sometimes I find a person on the internet that has pondered about the same thing and they will quote scripture that makes sense. Then I'll go about digging for more.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If something doesn't make sense, then I start thinking. Maybe someone else has given it some thought.
Sometimes I find a person on the internet that has pondered about the same thing and they will quote scripture that makes sense. Then I'll go about digging for more.
But where do you see that something was created null and void? Nowhere does Scripture say that. It DOES say that the eath was created without form and void. But what does that mean? It doesn't mean "null and void" as in invalid, or damaged. It means empty. In other words, it was just the earth itself, there were no oceans, mountains, plants, etc because they had not bee created yet.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most preachers in the church today get their Sunday message from their denominational headquarters. Most pastors don't even take the time to prepare one.
First thanks for the reply, second, a preacher, that is of God, have his message in his heart. for it is not he who speaks but he who is in him that speak. just open your mouth and he will speak through you. but a preacher need to read and study God's Holy word.

Just saying.

PICJAG
is the Light from the sun is the same light that produce the mornign and the Evening?
Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. what did this light do? Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

here the "Light" is in the Hebrew,
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
Root(s): H215

now, the fourth "day" Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
the term "Light" here is is the Hebrew,
H3974 מָאוֹר ma'owr (maw-ore') n-m.
מָאֹר ma'or (maw-ore')
מְאוֹרָה m'owrah (meh-o-raw') [feminine]
מְאֹרָה m'orah (meh-o-raw')
1. (properly) a luminous body or luminary.
2. (abstractly) light (as an element).

they are not the same.

now a day?
H3117 יוֹם yowm (yome) n-m.
1. a day (as the warm hours).
2. (literal) from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next.
3. (figurative) a space of time defined by an associated term.
{often used adverb}
[from an unused root meaning to be hot]
KJV: age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.
3. (figuratively) brightness, i.e.cheerfulness.
4. (specifically) a chandelier.
[from H215]
KJV: bright, light.
Root(s): H215

Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".
Notice the "s" at the end of GENERATION

I ask "how many GENERATIONS are there in 1 Day?".

Notice the definition,
H8435 תּוֹלְדָה towldah (to-led-aw') n-f.
תֹּלְדָה toldah (to-led-aw')
1. (plural only) descent, i.e. family.
2. (figuratively) history.
[from H3205]
KJV: birth, generations.
Root(s): H3205

and Generations have the "s" at the end meaning plural, so we ask how many Generation is there, as you say in a 24hr Day.

I'll be waiting for that answer.

PICJAG.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started studying, not because I thought I needed to, but because my 20 year old son, at the time, asked me about preterism. I didn't just read but I asked God for info. Then I found a preacher who had lost his church because he saw scripture that backed it up. I studied his writings and finally could piece together his understanding and made it mine. Later on, either would ask God, for certain info or sometimes he would just give me a scripture. I love God!
somethings i have to research read upon like preterism . when it comes to deep prophecy i base of the pan millieunm view.. live for jesus things ill pan out... i pinch hit in s.s teaching also. for a while i was in rev,, i read some many different points view here is the problem with the preacher who lost his Church. anytime you go against the grain .it creates friction been there done that. some are off the deep end some are not.studying is good ,it relaying the message i dont fall for every wind doctrine i will listen to what they have to say. read the scriptures research what others say. gage it does it compute or raise red flags ,

i just dont jump on board because some one else says its truth .i try to be independent on my beliefs and many times they belong to me . for instance i believe in eternal security ..but not to the point living how one wants still making it to heaven .its not Bible i am not a follower of calvinism/reformed theology. i stick with what i know and branch out slowly. all truths are not true..
i had a man tell me the church was my boss and they more or less told me hat to do . i let him know real quick where i stood. off course that was after i was pastor in a southern baptist church .mentioned foot washing all they knew was they didnt believe in it .the devil moved in the man said it was the will of church i resign.. there was no vote lol

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave us all the same message. It's called scripture.
God has but man puts his twist on it trying going into a apostolic pentecostal church as a southern baptist minister se how far you gt... try being a gen baptist and ask to preach in a independent fundamental baptist church .try to join you have to be baptized into that church

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has but man puts his twist on it trying going into a apostolic pentecostal church as a southern baptist minister se how far you gt... try being a gen baptist and ask to preach in a independent fundamental baptist church .try to join you have to be baptized into that church
That doesn't change what I said.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to learn what generations mean and why that word is used there.

I know what it means in the plural and it's not a DAY/24hrs........ :eek:
H8435 תּוֹלְדָה towldah (to-led-aw') n-f.
תֹּלְדָה toldah (to-led-aw')
1. (plural only) descent, i.e. family.
2. (figuratively) history.
[from H3205]
KJV: birth, generations.

Now, you want to answer my question?

PICJAG.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where do you see that something was created null and void? Nowhere does Scripture say that. It DOES say that the eath was created without form and void. But what does that mean? It doesn't mean "null and void" as in invalid, or damaged. It means empty. In other words, it was just the earth itself, there were no oceans, mountains, plants, etc because they had not bee created yet.

Gen 1:2 And the earthH776 wasH1961 without form,H8414 and void;H922 and darknessH2822 was uponH5921 the faceH6440 of the deep.H8415 And the SpiritH7307 of GodH430 movedH7363 uponH5921 the faceH6440 of the waters.H4325
form
H8414
תֹּהוּ
tôhû
to'-hoo

From an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain: - confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.

void;H922
בֹּהוּ
bôhû
bo'-hoo
From an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, that is, (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin: - emptiness, void.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't change what I said.
o but it does what does acts 2:38 say?Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. what is the gift of the Holy ghost depends on who you ask.. the scriptures dont change man changs them .go to carm forum and post that see what happens