Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what it means in the plural and it's not a DAY/24hrs........ :eek:
H8435 תּוֹלְדָה towldah (to-led-aw') n-f.
תֹּלְדָה toldah (to-led-aw')
1. (plural only) descent, i.e. family.
2. (figuratively) history.
[from H3205]
KJV: birth, generations.

Now, you want to answer my question?

PICJAG.
It means the history of man and his descendants. Notice this starts with the creation of man, the fall, and then the genealogies. It has nothing to do with the amount of time in the creation week. Simple exegesis.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means the history of man and his descendants. Notice this starts with the creation of man, the fall, and then the genealogies. It has nothing to do with the amount of time in the creation week. Simple exegesis.
ERROR, History is time, and Generation..."s" is a amount of "TIME".
ERROR again it starts with the EARTH and the Heavens, plural. read it again, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

so nope, try again.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing how people just don't understand.it took 42 "GENERATION(S)" from Abraham to David to messaih, now the term GENERATION(s),
Notice the definition,
H8435 תּוֹלְדָה towldah (to-led-aw') n-f.
תֹּלְדָה toldah (to-led-aw')
1. (plural only) descent, i.e. family.
2. (figuratively) history.
[from H3205]
KJV: birth, generations.
Root(s): H3205

if it took 42 generations here. in the GREEK as in the Hebrew, it indicate TIME more that a 24hr time period.
G1074 γενεά genea (ǰe-nea') n.
1. a generation.
2. (by implication) an age (the period or the persons).
[from (a presumed derivative of) G1085]
KJV: age, generation, nation, time

Just how hard is it to understand?.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, History is time, and Generation..."s" is a amount of "TIME".
ERROR again it starts with the EARTH and the Heavens, plural. read it again, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

so nope, try again.

PICJAG.
No, not error. Look at the Hebrew.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Well, n2thelight, I think some of the people get it. Thank you for your post.

Now, I am going to really get their attention!

LORD God is the same God as in Gen 1, but it implies more. By the way, God had input from the angels as to the races of people he created. The angels did not not do the creating.

Gen 2 is not about creation of man. It is about LORD God, the covenant God, forming Adam and later Eve.
Also the forming of domestic animals for Adam in his garden or, as we might call it, his farm.
Forming has a different meaning than creating.

LORD God is the same God as in Gen 1, but God had made no covenant with the people that were to go and replenish the earth.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

BAM !!!!

And if taught the way scripture teaches,there would be no room for racism !

Christ had to come through a pure bloodline and He chose Adams line to do that...

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I think I said "some people".

Since animals were created first, it is possible there would still be some around. Now let me point out another theory. God does not create incomplete beings or anything. That being the case, why was it -

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Why? Because, when God created earth it was with form, but Lucifer had already been given control over earth and he had destroyed it before God again started putting life on it. The dinosaur bones could have been here during that time.

Again, I only mention that because I can't believe God would create anything that was null and void!

We who see gotta remember,God blinds for a reason,and no matter what scripture shows they won't see.

They don't see the animals created as we do,domestic vs wild

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 12:10 KJV
[10] I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
When Paul was addressing the church about prophesy he said a prophet is subject to the prophets....and I am persuaded he means for those who have this gift or calling to be tested by another prophet...he establishes His word by 2 or more witnesses....confirming what was spoken.

https://tbibl.es/1PRK

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were placed in a garden. Trees in the garden represented mankind that were neighbors.
Tree of Life was God and tree of knowledge of good and evil was the Devil, also known as Serpent. The Serpent is the same one that is mentioned in the book of Revelation. Because angels are not human, the one that was evil had to be possessed by the devil, same as today.

Eve was seduced by the devil and she did eat, meaning she had sex.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled (seduced) me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Thy seed (evil children) and her seed (good children).

This is still going on today, children of the Devil and the Children of God are real people and both are still in a battle. The only thing is, the devil knows who the children of God are, but Christians don't know who the children of the Devil are. Read the words of Jesus in the Gospel, because he knew.

Cain was of the Devil and he murdered Abel.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.