Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not nice, but no one has ever said the devil is nice. Adam made a bad choice, obey God or go along with Eve.

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Okay, so you are saying Adam and eve had a sexual romp with Satan. An orgy? This is what you are saying...? I guess I'm the only one stupid enough to take up the conversation with you...

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so you are saying Adam and eve had a sexual romp with Satan. An orgy? This is what you are saying...? I guess I'm the only one stupid enough to take up the conversation with you...

You are not stupid, it was not taught to you, maybe because you were a child or they themselves didn't understand.

Ask yourself, why did God put enmity between her seed and a apple seed?
Joh 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him,
- Put here to show to whom Jesus is responding to:-

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

There were children of the devil here when Jesus walked on the earth, and they are still here today! Because Christians have sugar coated Gen 3, nobody really wants to believe it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never thought it was an apple. Maybe because I did not meet God until I was in my 40's.

I knew I was seeing and reading about some spiritual matter though, and it infected the entire human race.

I don't buy your idea though.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never thought it was an apple.
On point, for the tree of knowledge of Good and evil don't produce physical fruit. Knowledge is the fruit of this tree, which is spiritual. just as the Fruit of the Spirit, which is not physical.

we commend you.

stay strong.

PICJAG.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to make another point -

Who did the sons of Adam marry?

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them
Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam was the son of God, that would make his boys the sons of God, also.

The sons of God married the daughters of men, not daughters of God. The daughters of men were from the creation of man in Gen 1.

Proof of creation in Gen 1 and the forming of Adam in Gen 2.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them
Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

The sons of God married the daughters of men, not daughters of God. The daughters of men were from the creation of man in Gen 1.

And you point is?? There is a lot missing out of the bible, it seems there is much we where never meant to know, for how did Adams son run off to a city if there was only Adam and Eve??

Reactions: hermeneutics

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is two fold. People have said that "angels are the sons of God" which can not be true because Luke said:

So, since the sons of God are of Adam then the daughters of man were of those created in Gen1.

Gen 1 man created, Gen 2 Adam formed.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is two fold. People have said that "angels are the sons of God" which can not be true because Luke said:

So, since the sons of God are of Adam then the daughters of man were of those created in Gen1.

Oh...you can maybe make your argument even easier...if the sons of God were angels, then why isn't Satan referred to as a son of God, but is instead not grouped with them in the verse, since he also is an angel...not that I accept your thoughts here, but neither do I reject them, I would have to look into it more. But God only has one Son, but from that one Son, many sons and daughters are made for Him...its probably all too big for me!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I do see is that this defection and infection was all bigger and more earthshattering than I can grasp.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thanks for the next point, which is no point at all, not putting you down ok, just your point. first things first.
ERROR, on your part. Adam, which is man was formed, on DAY 3 according to chapter 2, and that SAME man was "created" male and female on DAY #6. understand that.

now let me blow your mind. when God formed man/Adam on day #3, the woman was formed also. (take your time and think about that). because she was in Adam at his forming, but she was without her own form, her own shape and her own fashion, but she was in Adam, the man. how do we know this? because she was TAKEN out of the manAdam when God made her. scripture, Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

notice, God didn't get some more dust to "make" the woman, he used existing dust, the man. the only thing that was "created" was the gender, or the sexes on day 6, MALE and FEMALE.

understand, the woman was in the man when God formed the man on day 3. it was on day 6 that God brought the woman forth. for the term "Woman" means OUT of man.

now let us put your mind back at ease, so that you can grasp this concept. this is nothing new. understand all of us was in the man Adam in the beginning when God Formed it, the creature. for this is what we are creatures, a creation of God. yes, you and I was there, in the beginning, it's just that our time was not yet come for God to bring us forth, or may I say his time for us to be manifested on earth. understand we all are in God, starting with the first man in the beginning. supportive scripture,
Acts 17:27 "That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. (STOP, this is a Loaded scripture worth our examination).

Acts 17:29 "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

do one understand what an "offspring" is? correct, "sons", for we're the sons of God. was dead, but now "BORN AGAIN". a little hint on the next point. sons of God, (either males or females), are "alive" Spiritually to God. daughters of men, (either males or females), are Spiritually "dead" to God. that's something to chew on.

I know this is a bit much information, but it will all come together when we understand who these sons of God are. but re-read this post again for your edification. then we'll get to those other sons of God. :cool:

PICJAG

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a bit much information, but it will all come together when we understand who these sons of God are. but re-read this post again for your edification. then we'll get to those other sons of God. :cool:
PICJAG
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:
replenish the earth

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

After he rested, then

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

In Gen 1 God created, in Gen 2 - LORD God formed man and this time he had a living soul. To you and I, we know God and LORD God are one and the same. To the children of Israel, to whom the Old Testament was given, they knew LORD God was their Covenant God. Same God, different function.

Adam was his child. Not so with the mankind created in Gen 1.

Reactions: n2thelight

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After he rested, then

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

In Gen 1 God created, in Gen 2 - LORD God formed man and this time he had a living soul. To you and I, we know God and LORD God are one and the same. To the children of Israel, to whom the Old Testament was given, they knew LORD God was their Covenant God. Same God, different function.

Adam was his child. Not so with the mankind created in Gen 1.
First thanks for the reply.
Sorry, but Genesis chapter 2 is a detailed account of chapter 1.

Man/the first Adam, was formed on day #3. listen,
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

dust, before any mist fell, or any rain fell, Man was formed before any plants, trees, or grass appeared on the face of the earth. now the question, "when did the Grass, herbs, and trees appear?". chaper 1 of Genesis tells us.
Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day.

so on the third day "before" the grass grew, "before" the herbs grew, "before" the trees grew, MAN/ADAM was formed by God.
it's right there in your bibles.

so the ONE man/Adam was formed "before" any plant life, and before any animal life, land or sea. that's why I don't believe in Darwin theory. but understand me, I do believe in God's evolution of plants and animals on this planet, for it's right there in the bible. that's the elevoulation I believe in, God work in creation.

so read both account in conjunction with each other and you'll see a clear picture of what was created/made/formed.

PICJAG

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
First thanks for the reply.
Sorry, but Genesis chapter 2 is a detailed account of chapter 1.

Man/the first Adam, was formed on day #3. listen,
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

dust, before any mist fell, or any rain fell, Man was formed before any plants, trees, or grass appeared on the face of the earth. now the question, "when did the Grass, herbs, and trees appear?". chaper 1 of Genesis tells us.
Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day.

so on the third day "before" the grass grew, "before" the herbs grew, "before" the trees grew, MAN/ADAM was formed by God.
it's right there in your bibles.

so the ONE man/Adam was formed "before" any plant life, and before any animal life, land or sea. that's why I don't believe in Darwin theory. but understand me, I do believe in God's evolution of plants and animals on this planet, for it's right there in the bible. that's the elevoulation I believe in, God work in creation.

so read both account in conjunction with each other and you'll see a clear picture of what was created/made/formed.

PICJAG

Don't need a detailed account of G1 it is what it is,G2 is totally different

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Yes it is. And anyone with half a brain can clearly see that.

With my half brain, in G1 He created MALE and FEMALE ,in G2 Eve came from Adam ,the two don't go together.

The question you need to ask yourself is why!!!

What makes you think that G2 is an overlay of G1 ?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With my half brain, in G1 He created MALE and FEMALE ,in G2 Eve came from Adam ,the two don't go together.

The question you need to ask yourself is why!!!

What makes you think that G2 is an overlay of G1 ?
The better question is, what makes you think it is not a detailed description of what happened on Day 6?