Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, tell me. But I assume it is the opposite of my position since you just posted a verse in response to me without commentary.

“Right, but the Spirit is not going to show something contrary to what the grammar and actual words mean.”

What I posted was in reference to what you stated here.

Similes are a familiar form of expression used to compare one thing with another. Rather than merely calling Jack’s feet “cold,” we might elaborate and say, “Jack’s feet felt like blocks of ice.” The Psalmist groans in Psalm 22:14, declaring, “I am poured out like water… my heart is like wax…”

Metaphors offer comparisons without saying, “like” or “as.” That is, “Jack’s feet were blocks of ice.” In Psalm 22:14, the writer says of his heart: “…it is melted in the midst of my bowels.” His heart isn’t actually physically melted like wax; he is using the metaphor to describe his current suffering.

Hypocatastasis is an implied resemblance that avoids naming the described thing at all. “Jack walked on blocks of ice.” In 1 Corinthians 13:12, Paul describes our current spiritual dim-sightedness when he says, “For now we see through a glass, darkly…”

Parables are short stories that represent an idea by comparison. They create symbolic pictures in the imaginations of the hearers. “For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard…”[3]Parables teach a simple message or lesson.

Allegories are like extended parables, long stories with multiple symbolic parts that teach meaning. The tale of Pinocchio is an allegory about the struggle to choose right over wrong. When Pinocchio fibs repeatedly, his nose stretches and grows leaves to represent the reality that, “A lie keeps growing and growing until it’s as plain as the nose on your face.” When the boys go wild on Pleasure Island, they all begin to sprout donkey ears and tails and hooves and faces, representing the jackasses they have all made of themselves.

Types are often used in the Bible to foreshadow a person or event that has great future importance. The name “Jesus” is a variation of the Hebrew name “Joshua,” which means “Yahweh is salvation.” As Moses’ successor, Joshua became a type of Jesus in many ways — as the captain of the armies of Israel, as one who leads his people into the Promised Land and gives them rest.

These are some of the more common figures of speech

I love the Lord, this is my position, and I believe when He returns He’ll not only define all the words in His Holy word....

But even the spaces between them.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Because angels are not human, the one that was evil had to be possessed by the devil, same as today.

Don't think it was possession ,I feel it was literally satan himself.I know angels are not human but we are the same image.

Example

Genesis 19:1 "And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground."

These are the two angels [men] that left God and Abraham talking in the plain of Mamre [Oaks], and went on ahead to Sodom to carry out their mission. When the angels came into Sodom, Lot was sitting in the seat of the gate. That seat at the gate, was the judgment seat, and showed that Lot was a man of high respect, and a citizen of Sodom. Considering the character of all the people of Sodom, I wonder what kind of judge he was?

Genesis 19:2 "And he said, "Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways." And they said, "Nay; but we will abide in the street all night."

You can almost hear Lot say, you don't want to stick around this place. Lot knew the danger of anyone being in the streets after dark. Lot had tried the cases of the events of those filthy people of Sodomy, and Lot knew it wasn't safe. This also shows how foolish Lot was, when he tried to protect one of God's angels; because each of God's angels can destroy any of mankind that would offer a threat to them.

Genesis 19:3 "And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat."

Again, these angels can sustain themselves on man's food, just as man can sustain himself on the manna of angel's food, just as the Israelites did that for forty years. Thus we can see the kinship of God, His angels and mankind. This is not trying to degrade God, However it is to get us to feel the kinship that we have to God. To understand this relationship between each of us and the Heavenly Father, will bring us to talk to Him in prayer.

Genesis 19:4 "But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:"

Sodomy will corrupt people of all ages, it is of the Satan, and the perversion of sodomy so corrupts the mind that it causes perversion and violence of all sorts. In Sodom, the entire town had become corrupt, even the children.

Genesis 19:5 "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

These immoral men had no sense of respect even for strangers. Now we can see just how wicked it was. God knew the degree of filth and wickedness this place was, when He was talking with Abraham, and making the promises in the last chapter. This was the reason that they went there in the first place.

genesis19

Just showing that angels whom satan also is can be physical

Reactions: hermeneutics

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Actually, one man and one woman were created on the sixth day. But Adam and Eve in fact represented mankind, since all of mankind has descended from these two.

Seems like you should keep studying and learning.

All did not come from Adam and Eve also they were not the first people

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

So it was on this sixth day that both man and woman of all races were formed, and each after their kind. Yet all forms of mankind red, yellow, black [brown], or white are all created in the image of God.

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

v27 is not Adam and Eve

Genesis 2:15 "And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.)"

Notice that God didn"t take just any of His creation's, but "Ha-Adham", the man Adam, to take care of the garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:16 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:"

God supplied all the trees for the enjoyment and nourishment of Adam. There were no limits placed on Adam, except for one.

Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Verse seventeen is an extension to verse sixteen, and sets the only conditional limit to what Adam could do. The" tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is Satan, and he represents that evil tree today, just as he did in the garden of Eden. Tradition has so distorted this verse that most Christians today believe it was an actual tree spoken of, and in fact they will even tell you it was an apple tree. They do this in ignorance because they have not studied God's Word.

The "trees" are symbols for people, and the Bible has identified them. The three trees talked about in verses sixteen and seventeen are the "Knowledge" [Satan], which was man's ruin; The "cross" in which I Peter 2:24 sets the way for man's redemption; and "The Tree of Life" which is Christ, and offers man's regeneration.

"In the day that thou eatest" gives us the key to understand man's physical span of life. For Peter gives us the key to this understanding in II Peter 3:8; "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." No man has ever exceeded the thousand year period, not even "Methuselah" who lived "nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died." [Genesis 5:27]

This is the verse that Satan misquotes to Eve, and when questioned by God, and Eve likewise misquotes it back to God. [Genesis 3:3] God told Adam that the day he touches Satan, "thou shalt surely die". And later, after the fact, Eve is repeating it back to God; "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." Just a little half truth. However Satan takes it one step beyond in verse four; "And the serpent said unto the woman, "Ye shall not surely die:" Then Eve believed Satan's lie. We will get deeper into this in the next chapter.

Genesis 2:18 "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

"That the man" refers to a particular man; Adam (eth-ha-adham). This sets Adam apart from the other races created on the sixth day creation. The term "help meet" in the Hebrew text, should be translated "as his counterpart".

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

These creatures that God created and brought to Adam, are what we would call domestic animals, or farm animals. God does things in a natural way, and the nature and reason for Adam's [Ha-adham's] existence was to till the soil [farming], so we see the need for these animals existed.

So let's review the order of the creation physical life on earth to this point:

First came the trees, grass, and plant life; followed by the fish and the fowl [birds] on the fourth day.

Second in the order God, created the beasts of the field, or the wild animals on the fifth day.

Third in the order of creation came male and female, all the races except for Adam {eth-Ha-Adham}, and this was done on the sixth day.

Fourth in the order of God's creation was the time on the seventh day for rest.

Fifth in the order of God's creation, on the eighth day [or a time beyond] God formed Adam, [eth-Ha-adham] to till the soil.

The last order of the creation to this point is the creation of all domestic animals, for the use by Adam, and his naming of them.

genesis2

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think it was possession ,I feel it was literally satan himself.I know angels are not human but we are the same image.

Example

Genesis 19:1 "And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground."

These are the two angels [men] that left God and Abraham talking in the plain of Mamre [Oaks], and went on ahead to Sodom to carry out their mission. When the angels came into Sodom, Lot was sitting in the seat of the gate. That seat at the gate, was the judgment seat, and showed that Lot was a man of high respect, and a citizen of Sodom. Considering the character of all the people of Sodom, I wonder what kind of judge he was?

Genesis 19:2 "And he said, "Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways." And they said, "Nay; but we will abide in the street all night."

You can almost hear Lot say, you don't want to stick around this place. Lot knew the danger of anyone being in the streets after dark. Lot had tried the cases of the events of those filthy people of Sodomy, and Lot knew it wasn't safe. This also shows how foolish Lot was, when he tried to protect one of God's angels; because each of God's angels can destroy any of mankind that would offer a threat to them.

Genesis 19:3 "And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat."

Again, these angels can sustain themselves on man's food, just as man can sustain himself on the manna of angel's food, just as the Israelites did that for forty years. Thus we can see the kinship of God, His angels and mankind. This is not trying to degrade God, However it is to get us to feel the kinship that we have to God. To understand this relationship between each of us and the Heavenly Father, will bring us to talk to Him in prayer.

Genesis 19:4 "But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:"

Sodomy will corrupt people of all ages, it is of the Satan, and the perversion of sodomy so corrupts the mind that it causes perversion and violence of all sorts. In Sodom, the entire town had become corrupt, even the children.

Genesis 19:5 "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

These immoral men had no sense of respect even for strangers. Now we can see just how wicked it was. God knew the degree of filth and wickedness this place was, when He was talking with Abraham, and making the promises in the last chapter. This was the reason that they went there in the first place.

genesis19

Just showing that angels whom satan also is can be physical

Good points, i was just basing my thoughts on one scripture. I shouldn't do that.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.

A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Mankind, not just a man, was created in Gen 1.

I would hope that if you don't agree with me, you would give scripture why, and on the other hand I will point out why I believe the way I do. We just need to present it in a civil way.
Who in the 1st century of the Christian Church issued licenses?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I said "some people".

Since animals were created first, it is possible there would still be some around. Now let me point out another theory. God does not create incomplete beings or anything. That being the case, why was it -

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Why? Because, when God created earth it was with form, but Lucifer had already been given control over earth and he had destroyed it before God again started putting life on it. The dinosaur bones could have been here during that time.

Again, I only mention that because I can't believe God would create anything that was null and void!

I think you would be pretty amazed if you did a word by word study of the very beginning of Genesis, including root words. I found that the light and darkness spoken of before the sun and moon can be like this: and the light He called: everlasting, glorious, and the darkness He called: a twisting away of the light.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you would be pretty amazed if you did a word by word study of the very beginning of Genesis, including root words. I found that the light and darkness spoken of before the sun and moon can be like this: and the light He called: everlasting, glorious, and the darkness He called: a twisting away of the light.
Thanks for sharing this!.....it confirms what the Holy Spirit was showing me...that the light was Jesus!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All did not come from Adam and Eve also they were not the first people

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

So it was on this sixth day that both man and woman of all races were formed, and each after their kind. Yet all forms of mankind red, yellow, black [brown], or white are all created in the image of God.

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

v27 is not Adam and Eve

Genesis 2:15 "And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.)"

Notice that God didn"t take just any of His creation's, but "Ha-Adham", the man Adam, to take care of the garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:16 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:"

God supplied all the trees for the enjoyment and nourishment of Adam. There were no limits placed on Adam, except for one.

Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Verse seventeen is an extension to verse sixteen, and sets the only conditional limit to what Adam could do. The" tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is Satan, and he represents that evil tree today, just as he did in the garden of Eden. Tradition has so distorted this verse that most Christians today believe it was an actual tree spoken of, and in fact they will even tell you it was an apple tree. They do this in ignorance because they have not studied God's Word.

The "trees" are symbols for people, and the Bible has identified them. The three trees talked about in verses sixteen and seventeen are the "Knowledge" [Satan], which was man's ruin; The "cross" in which I Peter 2:24 sets the way for man's redemption; and "The Tree of Life" which is Christ, and offers man's regeneration.

"In the day that thou eatest" gives us the key to understand man's physical span of life. For Peter gives us the key to this understanding in II Peter 3:8; "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." No man has ever exceeded the thousand year period, not even "Methuselah" who lived "nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died." [Genesis 5:27]

This is the verse that Satan misquotes to Eve, and when questioned by God, and Eve likewise misquotes it back to God. [Genesis 3:3] God told Adam that the day he touches Satan, "thou shalt surely die". And later, after the fact, Eve is repeating it back to God; "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." Just a little half truth. However Satan takes it one step beyond in verse four; "And the serpent said unto the woman, "Ye shall not surely die:" Then Eve believed Satan's lie. We will get deeper into this in the next chapter.

Genesis 2:18 "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

"That the man" refers to a particular man; Adam (eth-ha-adham). This sets Adam apart from the other races created on the sixth day creation. The term "help meet" in the Hebrew text, should be translated "as his counterpart".

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

These creatures that God created and brought to Adam, are what we would call domestic animals, or farm animals. God does things in a natural way, and the nature and reason for Adam's [Ha-adham's] existence was to till the soil [farming], so we see the need for these animals existed.

So let's review the order of the creation physical life on earth to this point:

First came the trees, grass, and plant life; followed by the fish and the fowl [birds] on the fourth day.

Second in the order God, created the beasts of the field, or the wild animals on the fifth day.

Third in the order of creation came male and female, all the races except for Adam {eth-Ha-Adham}, and this was done on the sixth day.

Fourth in the order of God's creation was the time on the seventh day for rest.

Fifth in the order of God's creation, on the eighth day [or a time beyond] God formed Adam, [eth-Ha-adham] to till the soil.

The last order of the creation to this point is the creation of all domestic animals, for the use by Adam, and his naming of them.

genesis2
Wow, I have not seen this yet in the scripture.....now that makes me want to research it even further because I have always questioned how we became a multi-race. I thought it might have happened at the time God caused the people of Babylon to speak different languages and dispersed them.

Reactions: n2thelight

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, I have not seen this yet in the scripture..
Because it is not in Scripture. That is called "Manufactured Theology". Let's take just one glaring example:

"All did not come from Adam and Eve also they were not the first people"

A. This is a direct contradiction of Scripture: "All did not come from Adam and Eve"

The whole human race came from Adam (and Eve):
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned (Rom 5:12)
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation (Acts 17:26)
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Cor 15:11)

B. This is a direct contradiction of Scripture: "also they were not the first people"

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Gen 2:7) -- this was the first man created -- called Adam
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (Gen 2:22) -- this was the first woman created -- called Eve.

I am simply amazed at all the false doctrines appearing on CB day after day.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.
Well, this is a separate issue than the latter. This part is true. I am not a minister, nor am I part of a denomination. But my Pastor has confirmed that this does happen.

While some denominations may state we must be in one mind and one Accord (which is true), it doesn't work. Paul had a specific message that applied to the Corinthians (which the Ephesus Church needs to hear, yet they weren't guilty). He had another for the Galatians which didn't specifically apply to the Church of Colossie. And so forth. Peter had other messages too... Bottom line is that you can't send out memos and what to preach to a specific congregation.

One may need a rebuke, another encouragement, some counciling and some may just need a praise party. All need to hear the message, but not all need the direct message at the time.

A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Mankind, not just a man, was created in Gen 1
This is entirely a separate issue. And in reading your posts after it, you make some great points and I am not too far off in my belief. Maybe a small hiccup here and there, but you bring up some good points, and I support you on them.

But they are separate issues. It seems to me you are bringing them together for perhaps the wrong reason. You are denouncing denominational thinking because it goes against your teaching.

I am fine with that, but it is "sour grapes". Not that the grapes didn't need to be called sour....

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Based on what? This is nonsense.

Based on the scripture I just gave ,can you read?

Just in case you can't ,what does the below verse say

Adam ain't even on the seen yet,much less Eve!!!

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."

How can there not be a man when He just made MALE AND FEMALE

Because it was not THE man

Now go back to 1:27 ,did scripture not say that He created MALE and FEMALE?Neither of these are Adam or Eve

Genesis 2:21 "And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"

Now I know you like most in ignorance will say chapter 2 is just an overview of chapter 1,if so stay where you at.

Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man."

We know the man in this verse is Adam, because verse twenty two is part of verse twenty one. God set this woman apart from all other women living then, that were formed through the sixth day creation. It will be through this woman that the Christ child would come [be born], and from her daughters.

The documentation connecting Eve [this woman] and the Christ child is given in Luke 3:23-38. The only way your soul will obtain eternal life is through that Christ child, and through His shed blood on the cross, and our repentance and acceptance of Him .

Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is entirely a separate issue. And in reading your posts after it, you make some great points and I am not too far off in my belief. Maybe a small hiccup here and there, but you bring up some good points, and I support you on them.

But they are separate issues. It seems to me you are bringing them together for perhaps the wrong reason. You are denouncing denominational thinking because it goes against your teaching.

I am fine with that, but it is "sour grapes". Not that the grapes didn't need to be called sour....

I don't like to look on it as "sour grapes" for I feel most pastors want to help their congregation make it to heaven. But in many churches the pastor makes tithing the most important message.

In that case, they are false prophets, and God tells us to be aware of false prophets.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh...? If you don't mean literally, I can probably grasp it somewhat...

It has to be literal, their is not another way that Cain was of his father the devil.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

I speak to adults, not to children who think the sin was eating an apple. After all, what were the parts of their body they tried to hide from God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Adam try to hide his nakedness? In your scenario, it would make sense if eve did this (if she had sex with Satan) but did Adam? I feel silly indulging in this conversation...

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Adam try to hide his nakedness? In your scenario, it would make sense if eve did this (if she had sex with Satan) but did Adam? I feel silly indulging in this conversation...

It's not nice, but no one has ever said the devil is nice. Adam made a bad choice, obey God or go along with Eve.

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like to look on it as "sour grapes" for I feel most pastors want to help their congregation make it to heaven. But in many churches the pastor makes tithing the most important message.

In that case, they are false prophets, and God tells us to be aware of false prophets.
Well tithing, or in the NT simply being a cheerful giver is pretty important. But it is a thin line not to be crossed. Is it the most important message? Probably not, but an integrated part of the most important message. A Pastor shouldn't be preaching for the income. He should be doing it because God called him, yet he should trust that God will supply his needs as a servant.

People should be giving to God (who doesn't need it, but loves givers) and God gives what he doesn't need to his ministers who do need it: Not only to keep His Church running but also to live on.

And what does this have to do with Genesis 1-3?