Stumbling Block verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion tries to explain away the hard parts, a sort of mad, gibbering "spirituality," rather than encouraging people to admit what they don't have the faintest clue about and to just go on in trust until He might make it clearer.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
or until they actually crack a Bible lol
but i understand, it's hard, and also spiritually kept from us now;
used to be literally kept from us
By loophole, I just meant people are trying different "gates", so to speak, to get into the presence of The Father, rather than the Only Way which would be of course, Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21:25 Lexicon: In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed;
Isaiah 60:11 Lexicon: "Your gates will be open continually; They will not be closed day or night, So that men may bring to you the wealth of the nations, With their kings led in procession.
only one way, twelve different ways, yeh

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or until they actually crack a Bible lol
but i understand, it's hard, and also spiritually kept from us now;
used to be literally kept from us

I think He gives more as we are ready to bear it.

No parent who loves their child is going to give them a car when they're like, 8 years old. They could, and probably would, kill themselves.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or...trying to...take what they want (eternal life) but without what they don't want (dying to find it)?

When I think about it...Saphira and Ananias are a clear parable of us, saying we've given up all when we've done no such thing...its better to be like the men who respected them but refused to join in with them because of fear of God...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or...trying to...take what they want (eternal life) but without what they don't want (dying to find it)?

Ha, yes. Cafeteria Christianity...fooling only themselves. Why bother at all!
Leaving early for services today, I get to receive all of the many, many gifts for the many, many ministries there today!!! It is so much fun and I'm meeting so many people and, am actually comfortable in my own skin there...so many there who lift others up, to me it is what I've prayed for for a very long time...true fellowship :) and always The Word...❤

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think He gives more as we are ready to bear it.

No parent who loves their child is going to give them a car when they're like, 8 years old. They could, and probably would, kill themselves.
yeh, but which of you, when your child asks for bread, do you give a stone? paraphrased cause i gotta run (gotta!) is a dbl entendre imo k. We give our children stones for bread imo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I think about it...Saphira and Ananias are a clear parable of us, saying we've given up all when we've done no such thing...its better to be like the men who respected them but refused to join in with them because of fear of God...

Do you ever wish you were born in a third world country? They are so grateful for the smallest of things...gratitude is where God has brought me in this very rich country, rather than the guilt I carried around like a ball and chain all my life...because I was so much more blessed in material "things" than most of the world. Gratitude, not guilt is what God wants from us...and GENEROSITY!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever wish you were born in a third world country? They are so grateful for the smallest of things...gratitude is where God has brought me in this very rich country, rather than the guilt I carried around like a ball and chain all my life...because I was so much more blessed in material "things" than most of the world. Gratitude, not guilt is what God wants from us...and GENEROSITY!

I think...yes, gratitude for provision, yes. But our whole monetary system doesn't set well with me. I'm speaking personally, about my own conscience here, but I would feel guilt about getting hooked up in it. The whole use your money to grow money thing is hinky to me. Money grows money?? I think if you think your money is magically growing money, you are not seeing what's really happening.

I'm kind of all over the place this morning. Trying to fit pieces together I guess...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you mean Pax, why not just say it bro
i wont even Quote the Scripture at you k
Peace, pax, shalom... Different languages but the same concept..
I don't understand your personal objection to Latin, but i now refrain from using it with you, knowing it upsets you.
But my intention is sincere.

what is "satan's dialectic," iyo, pj?

That is not a term I'm familiar with but if I were to hazard a guess, i would think it means dialogue that is double tongued and double minded. Perhaps even one that sets traps for the other...

What does it mean to you?

To have an open and honest dialogue, we need to understand the language and terms that both we and others use..
Imo many disagreements result not over concepts but in the words we use to convey those ideas, not understanding that which each other is truly trying to convey.

Shalom!

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

I was told by a frequent visitor to the third world that the mobile phone with the internet connected is now a stumbling block for Christians in the third world. It is a tool to feed their envy as they are now able to see what we in the west supposedly have without being able to see what it is that we do not have, that they can only grasp through faith.

They are only seeing our excesses without understanding that our excesses are often very ungodly and a hinderance in living within God's earth, refurbished because of the damage that we mere humans have done to it, which He promised to give to Abraham and his descendants after him as an inheritance in the distant future, i.e. in over a 1,000 years time.

The whole message of redemption in the Bible is a stumbling block for mankind because we do not want to miss out on what other people seem to have that we enviously desire.

Shalom

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Peace, pax, shalom... Different languages but the same concept..
to you, perhaps.
Meet Mrs. God: The Bride of Christ is BLACK
The amazing name Philadelphia: meaning and etymology
The amazing name Quirinius: meaning and etymology
A Brief History of the End of Time—Parallels between the First and Second Coming of Christ
et al
But my intention is sincere.
of this i have been convinced bro, prolly what matters most i guess
however, the road to hell is paved with that eh
are you here to learn Christianity, or fwd Catholicism? Bc the two will never meet ok; "Pax" is a Roman god, and comes at the point of a sword, see
That is not a term I'm familiar with but if I were to hazard a guess, i would think it means dialogue that is double tongued and double minded. Perhaps even one that sets traps for the other...

What does it mean to you?
um, hard to beat that interp imo; "facts" seem to fit the bill to me. Fwiw i am saving this post for later, and i guess you wont like it when i bring it up ok. Bam dont hesitate to do likewise for me, i would appreciate it
To have an open and honest dialogue, we need to understand the language and terms that both we and others use..
Imo many disagreements result not over concepts but in the words we use to convey those ideas, not understanding that which each other is truly trying to convey.
"Speaking in Tongues" yeh

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think...yes, gratitude for provision, yes. But our whole monetary system doesn't set well with me. I'm speaking personally, about my own conscience here, but I would feel guilt about getting hooked up in it. The whole use your money to grow money thing is hinky to me. Money grows money?? I think if you think your money is magically growing money, you are not seeing what's really happening.

I'm kind of all over the place this morning. Trying to fit pieces together I guess...

"I think if you think your money is magically growing money, you are not seeing what's really happening." <--- Kind of like Wall Street...they ONLY make money off of money, they produce nothing of value over their god..."the love of money." ...the cares of THIS world...

"I'm kind of all over the place this morning. Trying to fit pieces together I guess..."
Oh, just this morning?? Ahaha...j/k...I just find it funny you say that because, this is where I find myself kind of like, on a regular basis anymore, lol.
He is our total Provider in every single way, especially those who may be single?
BTW-let's us both try and let Him "fit pieces together ". Just some thoughts sis.
xo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I think if you think your money is magically growing money, you are not seeing what's really happening." <--- Kind of like Wall Street...they ONLY make money off of money, they produce nothing of value over their god..."the love of money." ...the cares of THIS world...

"I'm kind of all over the place this morning. Trying to fit pieces together I guess..."
Oh, just this morning?? Ahaha...j/k...I just find it funny you say that because, this is where I find myself kind of like, on a regular basis anymore, lol.
He is our total Provider in every single way, especially those who may be single?
BTW-let's us both try and let Him "fit pieces together ". Just some thoughts sis.
xo

That's the thing, they aren't making money off of money so much as making money off the sweat of someone elses brow.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the thing, they aren't making money off of money so much as making money off the sweat of someone elses brow.

Same diff to them, they do not care who they step on to get where they are...oh there will be hell to pay for many!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a bit stunning when you think that for a man to provide a house for his family, no one will help him except if they drain from the sweat of his brow for about all of his working years. If he borrows 100,000 they will lend it IF he gives back, what...4 times that? It's insane!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a bit stunning when you think that for a man to provide a house for his family, no one will help him except if they drain from the sweat of his brow for about all of his working years. If he borrows 100,000 they will lend it IF he gives back, what...4 times that? It's insane!

The whole world stinks of corruption...don't want anything it has to offer anymore and cannot believe I used to for so long.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I might be exaggerating a bit, I don't know...