Stumbling Block verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand.

They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurances of peace when there is no peace.
ha, better be careful, walkin out that door is next bro
count the cost ok

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm. Who says they arent?

not me, nosir, i got no, zero, zip, nada complaints, myself
Yah is very good to me
cant figure out why so good tbh

Their statements say they aren't. In fact, they say it is impossible.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Their statements say they aren't. In fact, they say it is impossible.
they say, yes, but see just try and point out to one, say, how they are not measuring up, and watch the hyp unfold lol
imo (diff subject form yours i guess)
so, whether you say it is impossible or possible, you are right, right
you end up reaping what you sow with your mouth too iow i guess,
call it self-fulfilling prophecy or whatever i guess.

weird thing tho, i am not yah; you are yah
scottie notwithstanding, sry bro
lest we find ourselves testifying of ourselves, and etc
i guess
but dont quote me i aint said, um
ya

so, you could maybe give an example of what they (we) say if you like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He died for US!
bro you can interp Ezekiel 18:20 however you like, but recog i gotta buncha others for that too k
And I have died. With Him! Have you?
nope, prolly not, and i dont deserve all the wonderful things that you do either i guess bro, sorry.

i sure appreciate what i get, now, and Yah is better to me than i deserve for sure, i would have killed me myself long time ago, you would be embarrassed for me if i started testifying of my past lol, and likely of my present too.
Thank you, you too beloved.
no homo.

and wadr youre avoiding unpleasant Qs ok, check it
have a nice weekend k, dogs are looking at me funny now gotta run :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is difficult for me to grasp. Bear with me. The shedding of blood is to...make atonement for sin and to cleanse. In the temple, it had to be done repeatedly because the people kept sinning because of the weakness of their flesh...and this made their conscience not clean.

So...it follows, to me anyway, that the blood of Jesus was to cleanse so that we could go before God. But He also always told healed people, go and sin no more...ah, its too much for me.

Consider if you will the correspondence between the blood and the spirit using "poured out" or "distributed" instead of "shed" as in each of the following verses:

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" Joel 2:28

$pX Shaphak (shaw-fak'); Verb, Strong #: 8210

1. to pour, pour out, spill
    1. (Qal)
      1. to pour, pour out
      2. to shed (blood)
      3. to pour out (anger or heart) (fig)
    2. (Niphal) to be poured out, be shed
    3. (Pual) to be poured out, be shed
    4. (Hithpael)
      1. to be poured out
      2. to pour out oneself

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matt 26:28

ejkcevw Ekcheo (ek-kheh'-o);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1632

1. to pour out, shed forth
  2. metaph. to bestow or distribute largely

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" Acts 2:17

The life is in the blood, or the Life is in the Spirit! What is the difference?

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they say, yes, but see just try and point out to one, say, how they are not measuring up, and watch the hyp unfold lol
imo (diff subject form yours i guess)
so, whether you say it is impossible or possible, you are right, right
you end up reaping what you sow with your mouth too iow i guess,
call it self-fulfilling prophecy or whatever i guess.

weird thing tho, i am not yah; you are yah
scottie notwithstanding, sry bro
lest we find ourselves testifying of ourselves, and etc
i guess
but dont quote me i aint said, um
ya

so, you could maybe give an example of what they (we) say if you like

Yes, I can give an example. We read that if we abide in Him we don't sin. They say, no that is wrong, because they claim they do abide in Him but they do still sin.

A guileless man will read that if we abide in Him we don't sin and he will think: well then, whatever abiding is, I obviously don't do it, because I still sin. He will accept and believe it is true rather than claiming to be abiding.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any scripture with a spiritual meaning will be misunderstood by the carnal mind.

I do not buy the explainations here given for the blood. If any can explain Isaiah 1:18 and why sin is scarlet, I believe that is integral to a proper understanding.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

Aye!!! There is the red blood and there is the white blood. There is the life of the flesh [the old man and his ways] versus the Life of the Holy Spirit [the new man and His Way].

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm... from my limited viewpoint, when I first read the gospels, Jesus was irresistible. But...not at first...in Mathew I think I remember thinking Jesus was blindly naive but good and kind. I liked Him. By Mark, I thought He was deluded because the world was not as He seemed to think it was. By Luke, I thought, oh...He isn't talking about the world but about some different place. By John I was on my face turning to God.

From my viewpoint, which is limited, Jesus was irresistible. I was hooked. There wasn't any thought in my mind about resisting what i had just seen.

So...I think to me, He was irresistible. I guess I think He cured my blindness and I could suddenly see that God existed and...I did try to turn back to the world at some later point, for 6 months, so I think grace can be turned away from, but I'm not a good candidate to see if grace is irresistible because the world held little appeal for me before I met God and zero appeal after I met Him, so I turned back to Him again.
Jesus was and is irresistible to the heart that is hungry and thirsty for the right things:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

How does one become hungry and thirsty for the Righteousness of God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how bout the Cyrene carrying Jesus' cross, after Jesus said explicitly that we must pick up our own? way over my head, man
When the flesh needs help to move as the Spirit directs, help is available. I would say we are being shown that even when we have really received God in our lives/in our hearts, sometimes we lean on our old selves too much unnecessarily. Jesus' example is showing us that when we are weak in our flesh, God can and will help with that as well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
White blood? Never heard of it.
Neither had I until a few years ago in a discussion on another forum with @Giuliano . See post #76 by @lforrest and the verse he cited and my posts #231 & #233. The term "white blood" may not be in the written scriptures but hopefully with those posts you may understand what I meant by it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither had I until a few years ago in a discussion on another forum with @Giuliano . See post #76 by @lforrest and the verse he cited and my posts #231 & #233. The term "white blood" may not be in the written scriptures but hopefully with those posts you may understand what I meant by it.

What was the name of the post?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matt 26:28

Good one John! The blood of Jesus is alive..like His Spirit. In fact these ARE THE SAME. And check out the word remission...it is actually freedom from sin.

Reactions: amadeus