Stumbling Block verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has to do with the kingdoms of men, not the kingdom of God.

Romans 13:
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

cc: @VictoryinJesus

Ok. “it has always been that God decides who to give the kingdom to, not men, and that has never changed.” ... Tearing down every vain (high)imagination; therefore becoming the death (headstone)or the Life and Liberty (chief corner) in and through the Son. Romans 1:21-23 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
....making one consider Nebuchadnezzar changed into a beast of the field, growing feathers ...as God does not change.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. “it has always been that God decides who to give the kingdom to, not men, and that has never changed.” ... Tearing down every vain (high)imagination; therefore becoming the death (headstone)or the Life and Liberty (chief corner) in and through the Son. Romans 1:21-23 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
....making one consider Nebuchadnezzar changed into a beast of the field, growing feathers ...as God does not change.

What I'm asking you to elaborate on is what kind of "kingdom" are you referring to? Russia? Germany? England? USA? Or the Kingdom of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can intervene. There have been righteous rulers in the past. But in a democratic system...the devil is always behind it. That's why men love that system best. :)

God sometimes sets unrighteous men as rulers too though. I rather kind of think David saw it this way because He had many chances to kill Saul but refused to.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God sometimes sets unrighteous men as rulers too though. I rather kind of think David saw it this way because He had many chances to kill Saul but refused to.

God has this redemptive way of teaching us through His ways. But with men there is no semblance of anything. It is based on vanity. Power politics...self-advancement and aggrandizement. What futility.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. Verse 36

Lol. Okay then, what of vs 34 along with vs 36?

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has this redemptive way of teaching us through His ways. But with men there is no semblance of anything. It is based on vanity. Power politics...self-advancement and aggrandizement. What futility.

Yes, but even all things He works to His will and our good. Even what the devil intends for evil, God intends and works for good.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a stretch for my mind but...I can say, it's hard like a stone so its not bread or I can say, well I reckon He will turn it INTO bread.

Do I focus on the stone or do I focus on what God can turn a stone into?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is confusion on this too. God sets up the authorities.....but it is the devil that sets up WHO is in these temporal authorities. The devil is a usurper of God's ways. The same thing happens in the churches...which are the institutions of men.

understand what you are saying and do not disagree. But ...consider when the devil tempted Christ in the wilderness saying all these kingdoms can be yours...the devil saying all those kingdoms were in his control and power to give. As even “world” ...there is the world of iniquity which is not the world He so loved but instead the New creation “world” established in Christ. Foreseeing this New World...a New government of peace ...God so loved this New Creation that He sent His only begotten Son to not condemn but save. Save not a world of iniquity but out of it. There is a New government...with Him set over it. His Kingdom. A new rule where God gathers to Him out from men’s crumbling kingdoms and caving government. In the wilderness the devil tempted Christ with literal things and said “take of it”. But the Son demonstrated loudly the Son of God didn’t come for literal bread to feed his hunger. The Son told the devil (through action) He didn’t want the kingdoms of the devil, nor his government, nor his rule, nor his ways... but established God’s Own. That is all the devil had to offer...the perishable. That is all that is in his power to give. The devil has nothing else to give but that which fades away and is dead already. The Son set up a new rule, a new government, a new Kingdom which endures.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm asking you to elaborate on is what kind of "kingdom" are you referring to? Russia? Germany? England? USA? Or the Kingdom of God.

considering your question further. Would say as Nebuchadnezzar so are they in Romans 1:21-23 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

turning God into an image like to corruptible man...driven no different than Nebuchadnezzar INTO the dwelling with the beast of the field to eat grass as the oxen ....and seven times it shall pass over thee....driven into “Russia? Germany? England? USA?” Until they acknowledge His rule, His Kingdom and come out of the kingdoms of men?

Daniel 4:25
That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

^ but yeah now I maybe see what you are saying in does He rule in the kingdom of men Or the Kingdom of God?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Any scripture with a spiritual meaning will be misunderstood by the carnal mind.

I do not buy the explainations here given for the blood. If any can explain Isaiah 1:18 and why sin is scarlet, I believe that is integral to a proper understanding.

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any scripture with a spiritual meaning will be misunderstood by the carnal mind.

I do not buy the explainations here given for the blood. If any can explain Isaiah 1:18 and why sin is scarlet, I believe that is integral to a proper understanding.

All I have is that another verse came to mind when I read this one. Its the one that says...I saw you kicking around in your blood and I said to you, LIVE!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan cannot do anything without permission from God. God uses Satan to chasten us, and give us what we deserve.

what do we deserve?

Does the devil set up rulers and remove rulers or is it instead as God says, that HE puts rulers in their place and removes rulers from their place?

To me it read’s as if you and @CharismaticLady are essentially saying the same thing. As God implemented what accomplishes His purpose and good pleasure. In removing a government (Vessels of destruction)and setting up the New (Vessels of Mercy).