Surviving Roman Catholic Heresies in Protestantism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am not a Catholic, but I'm tired of this kind of thing. I appeal to you too to apply:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
See, the Protestant, too <tired> to say 'I am a Protestant' only, <not a Catholic> ... but Catholic more than a Roman Catholic I tell you!

And your alternative to <apply>, Q~Why not start a thread about the saints? I'd love one that told us about each saint on the calendar. We all might profit by learning about their lives. I think there is other good you could talk about -- some are things others might find valuable, even if they're not Catholic. Give us something good to think about.~Q, sucks. 'Suck' - 'easily deceived or swindled' -- not me, 'softy'.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the Protestant, too <tired> to say 'I am a Protestant' only, <not a Catholic> ... but Catholic more than a Roman Catholic I tell you!

And your alternative to <apply>, Q~Why not start a thread about the saints? I'd love one that told us about each saint on the calendar. We all might profit by learning about their lives. I think there is other good you could talk about -- some are things others might find valuable, even if they're not Catholic. Give us something good to think about.~Q, sucks. 'Suck' - 'easily deceived or swindled' -- not me, 'softy'.
I take it that you do not see the value in what Paul wrote.

Are you here trying to prove what a tough guy you are? I hope not. If you are, you need mental help; and I hope people here take that into account and don't abuse you. Anyone can act like a tough guy online. Go get help.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Surviving Roman Catholic Heresies in Protestantism

Free-will
Sunday
Blood
Cross

...for now.

I concluded with the 'Cross'-- with Jesus' victorious entering into and passing through, crossing the Red Sea Out of Egypt LAND OF DARKNESS without LIGHT as much as one Christmas candle or HOPE as much as one day beyond hell.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'sine prole' ≠ British slang. 'sine prole' = Latin irrelevant senseless nonsense
Don't let yourself get too hooked-up on colloquial slang. (Brits distort it to mean "there is no point")... But, the Latin means "without issue" = He died 'sine prole' at a young age. In many other countries, people would look at you strangely for trying to interject such an inappropriate slang meaning.

Reactions: Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don't let yourself get too hooked-up on colloquial slang. (Brits distort it to mean "there is no point")... But, the Latin means "without issue" = He died 'sine prole' at a young age. In many other countries, people would look at you strangely for trying to interject such an inappropriate slang meaning.

The inappropriate knowledge went to YOUR HEAD. And YOU don't let yourself get too hooked-up on colloquial slang. I wrote no inappropriate British slang, but the appropriate Latin, 'sine prole', a 'Law', 'phrase', with the appropriate - decent - English meaning of, 'without issue' or 'without relevance' or 'without connection with the subject' or 'without issue / connection with the relevant case'--- my learned maestro...

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inappropriate knowledge went to YOUR HEAD. And YOU don't let yourself get too hooked-up on colloquial slang. I wrote no inappropriate British slang, but the appropriate Latin, 'sine prole', a 'Law', 'phrase', with the appropriate - decent - English meaning of, 'without issue' or 'without relevance' or 'without connection with the subject' or 'without issue / connection with the relevant case'--- my learned maestro...
Boy, you ARE hooked-up on slang meanings. "Inappropriate" is not a dirty inference. It means "something that doesn't fit the present situation or context."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
More Roman Catholic dead heresies in Protestantism DENYING ...

Christ "made Sacrifice of Himself" and "poured out his Soul", "making atonement for sin", "without the shedding of blood" .

“The only one who had to accept the atoning work of Christ, was the Father, not us.” James White.

What need had the Father of Jesus' blood if "He offered up HIMSELF"?!

“You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings .. Behold, I have come to do your will .. by that Will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all .. without shedding of blood”

By that "WILL" the Father "desired" Jesus' "SOUL poured out"—nothing less.

Christ "made Sacrifice of Himself" and "poured out his Soul", "making atonement for sin", "without the shedding of blood".

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What evidence do you want? Scripture I did give? Well then, here it is again:

John 19:17
καὶ βαστάζων ἑαυτῷ τὸν σταυρὸν ἐξῆλθεν εἰς τὸν
And he bearing his cross went forth [out of the building] unto

λεγόμενον Κρανίου τόπον, ὃ (ὃς) λέγεται Ἑβραϊστὶ Γολγοθᾶ,
a place called of a skull which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha.
[Levitikus 23:22,10c]

Mark 15:21
καὶ ἀγγαρεύουσιν παράγοντά … ἐρχόμενον ἀπ’ ἀγροῦ, …
And they compelled one Simon a Cyrenian, coming from the land,

τινα Σίμωνα Κυρηναῖον … τὸν πατέρα Ἀλεξάνδρου καὶ Ῥούφου …
the father of Alexander and Rufus,

ἵνα ἄρῃ τὸν σταυρὸν αὐτοῦ.
purposed to / THAT he might bear his cross.

Matthew 27:32
Ἐξερχόμενοι δὲ εὗρον ἄνθρωπον Κυρηναῖον, ὀνόματι
And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene,

Σίμωνα· τοῦτον ἠγγάρευσαν ἵνα ἄρῃ τὸν σταυρὸν αὐτοῦ.
Simon by name: him they sent /directed, to bear his cross.

Luke 23:26
Καὶ ὡς ἀπήγαγον αὐτόν, ἐπιλαβόμενοι Σίμωνά τινα Κυρηναῖον
And as / while they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian,

ἐρχόμενον ἀπ’ ἀγροῦ, ἐπέθηκαν αὐτῷ τὸν σταυρὸν
coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross,

φέρειν ὄπισθεν τοῦ Ἰησοῦ.
that he might bear it further on after Jesus.

Sorry you have not proved your claim.
All you have provided evidence for is that Simon carried the cross for Jesus.
The scripture does not say when Jesus stopped carrying the cross or when Simon started to carry the cross.
That it happened is not in dispute, just the unscriptural details.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry you have not proved your claim.
All you have provided evidence for is that Simon carried the cross for Jesus.
The scripture does not say when Jesus stopped carrying the cross or when Simon started to carry the cross.
That it happened is not in dispute, just the unscriptural details.

You have not read the Scriptural details.

1) <<evidence that Simon carried the cross for Jesus>>, which is all of <just the scriptural details>.

2) So who carried Jesus’ cross? Simon of Sirene did—

3) from the start from outside the door all the way,

4) who was divinely ‘forced’

5) the pre-ordained “messenger”,

6) to “take off-route”

7) to “pick up” his ‘parcel for delivery’, Jesus’ cross,

8) for which he had to leave behind his initial ‘parcel’ the Passover- “first sheaf offering”

9) which he “cut off the corners of his land”,

10) and “brought before the Priest” Jesus the Christ who would

11) “wave it before the LORD”.

— All <Scriptural details> you miss and keep ignoring because it does not fit YOUR unscriptural picture—diabolical Roman Catholic UNSCRIPTURAL picture—,

— all <Scriptural details> YOU, ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO SEE IN THE GOSPELS’ TRUE ACCOUNT (the Greek).

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have not read the Scriptural details.

1) <<evidence that Simon carried the cross for Jesus>>, which is all of <just the scriptural details>.

2) So who carried Jesus’ cross? Simon of Sirene did—

3) from the start from outside the door all the way,

4) who was divinely ‘forced’

5) the pre-ordained “messenger”,

6) to “take off-route”

7) to “pick up” his ‘parcel for delivery’, Jesus’ cross,

8) for which he had to leave behind his initial ‘parcel’ the Passover- “first sheaf offering”

9) which he “cut off the corners of his land”,

10) and “brought before the Priest” Jesus the Christ who would

11) “wave it before the LORD”.

— All <Scriptural details> you miss and keep ignoring because it does not fit YOUR unscriptural picture—diabolical Roman Catholic UNSCRIPTURAL picture—,

— all <Scriptural details> YOU, ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO SEE IN THE GOSPELS’ TRUE ACCOUNT (the Greek).

The only scriptual evidence you have is that Simon carried Jesus's cross. the rest is catholic invention.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only scriptual evidence you have is that Simon carried Jesus's cross. the rest is catholic invention.
The Way of the Cross (Via Dolorosa) was burned in the minds and hearts of eye witnesses, it's authenticity was preserved long before it was written down, and it is impossible to have each detail written down. There is nothing in Scripture that says all the authentic beliefs and practices must be explicitly found in Scripture. That is a Protestant invention.