Talking in Tongues:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The signs are for unbelivers the seeing is proof for unbelivers. It worked in the begining for Christ and still works today.

Belivers need faith unbelivers need to see something of God.

What your trying to teach me here is for children

And it would be nice if you would let wormwood who i quoted answer for himself.

This is an open forum and anyone can reply to a post. It is by faith that the children of God believe the gospel message of faith; that salvation was obtained for all men/women who place their faith in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

Heb 11:6-7
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
NKJV

If it is hearing, seeing or feeling it is not of faith.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you validate the messgae today. How is it working out for you?

And is this message of the gospel firmly established today?

The churches are dying. Becuase of unbelief

Many Israelites died because of unbelief in the promised land. That didn't mean that God had to split the Red Sea every year so they would believe in the Torah and the 10 Commandments. The point is simply that God validates the original messengers of his message (whether Moses, prophets or the Apostles). Yet once those Scriptures are established, it seems God expects future generations to remember and believe in the Scriptures, not in the signs that validated those Scriptures. And, as Jesus pointed out in Luke 16, if people will not believe the Scriptures, not even a person being raised from the dead would convince them.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is an open forum and anyone can reply to a post. It is by faith that the children of God believe the gospel message of faith; that salvation was obtained for all men/women who place their faith in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

Heb 11:6-7
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
NKJV

If it is hearing, seeing or feeling it is not of faith.

This is like talking to children. all the things the church has done does not work. If You walk in the gifts and people see things that are real they are drawn in. . we all know it takes faith. Faith comes from hearing the word. They will not hear you or the word telling them there going to hell. it never worked for any but the cowards so far, the rest aint scared enough to run to God. Because they look at us and dont see any difference.
There is very little that is atractive to anyone in the Christian life because they look at us. There is almost zero difference. Just look at the back biting in this forum and all the rest. They need examples and its not in the church is it. Show me love like Christs any where in the church. We love our selves way more than our neighbour. The thinking in here is so shallow. even from the so called teachers.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many Israelites died because of unbelief in the promised land. That didn't mean that God had to split the Red Sea every year so they would believe in the Torah and the 10 Commandments. The point is simply that God validates the original messengers of his message (whether Moses, prophets or the Apostles). Yet once those Scriptures are established, it seems God expects future generations to remember and believe in the Scriptures, not in the signs that validated those Scriptures. And, as Jesus pointed out in Luke 16, if people will not believe the Scriptures, not even a person being raised from the dead would convince them.

I see you never answerd my question whos it working out for you today?
Are the churches dying? in the west.
How do YOU validate YOUR message today?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
By that rationale, there are still dead people, so does that mean we should still expect Christians to be able to raise the dead? There are lame and blind people, should Christians be healing the blind and pulling people out of wheelchairs?

According to 1Cor 12:4-11, the Spirit oversees the distribution of spiritual gifts.

/

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken the following verses out of the NT Bible that mention speaking in tongues. I will make comments after each group. My comments are my opinions about what they mean. You have the right to disagree but what I am posting is what I believe.

My comments >> Some Churches teach that in verse 17 the tongues mentioned are a special language that only God knows. I don't believe that. I believe, that the tongues spoken about, is a person, miraculously, being able to talk in a foreign language. Some Churches teach that we must "take up serpents" in our hands to prove we are children of God. I don't believe this either. I remember well that one of the temptations that Satan tried to get Jesus to do was to tempt God by throwing Himself off of a cliff.

I post this in Christian love as food for thought, Richard

Sometime we need His words to verify that our opinions are actually the truth, even though, it is still on Him to cause the increase.

The problem here is the source of that supernatural babble that unsuspecting believers have received, and it is by having a supernatural encounter with what they believed to be the "Holy Ghost" later on in their christian walk in order to get that tongue which seemingly never comes with interpretation.

Some will preach that this is another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, but Ephesians 4:4-6 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 refutes that.

Some will say that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is separate from salvation, but Romans 8:9, Galatians 3:14,26, & Ephesians 1:12-15 refutes that. They will try to use events in the Book of Acts to justify overlooking those refuting verses, but they are not reading Acts rightly.

Acts 19 is about Paul coming across the disciples of John the Baptist's. It was after figuring out what kind of disciples they were, that Paul told them about Jesus Christ Whom John the Baptist was preaching about, and it was then they got water baptized in Jesus's name and then received the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8th chapter regarding the Samaritans & Simon the scorceror, for whatever the reason for the delay, they were not saved until they had received the promise of the Holy Ghost. One can speculate for the delay; like why did Luke said that they believe in the things that Philip was preaching about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ instead of just writing that they believed in Him? Why did Luke bothered to give a background of how Simon was infamous, because he was the one afflicting the people with unclean spirits? Why did Peter & John had to come down to lay hands on them for receiving the promise when Philip was crusading there? Was not God casting out unclean spirits through Philip? Or was the people's hearts were not quite right with God as was evident in Simon's heart to receive the Holy Spirit because they would all think the promise came by Philip as his fanfare had become greater than Simon's in that community that Peter & John had t cme down to tale the spotlight as well as the fanfare off of Philip's? May the Lord lead you to discern the truth but I believe what the Bible says that they were not saved or not born again until they were born of the Spirit. With all that supernatural deliverance going on there, I can see why God would be gentle & patient with these fanfaring people.

Generally, those who speak with the tongues that is not from Him will ignore the refuting scripture & continue to hype what other believers have not experienced nor received by a supernatural encounter separate from salvation.

Yet, all of them are ignoring the warning about any one preaching another Jesus or anther spirit or another gospel to receive in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4.

They are also forgetting John 16:13 where His word testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot utter His own words in making His own intercessions for us, which is why Another Person has to make the Spirit's intercessions known to the Father by knowing the mind of the Spirit as Romans 8:26-27 testifies in the King James Bible in keeping in line with the truth in John 16:13 as well as this truth that only Jesus can give intercessions to the Father for there is only One Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ). The Holy Spirit is God, but giving the Spirit's intercessions and ours intercessions is the Son of God's job so that whenever the Father says "Yes," to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers; John 14:13-14.

Some believe a covert language is necessary to hide prayers from the devil who will interfere with God answering prayers. They really need to think about that, because in the Book of Job, the devil cannot do anything without God's permission. Jesus prayed a lot plainly without "tongues", and the devil still managed to lead the people to reject Him and crucify Him and yet the Father's will was done.

So which is better? To be edified by the written word as kept in the KJV and to pray normally so that we can give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for answered prayers or babble nonsense, not knowing if they are praising Him, self edifying, or the Holy Spirit is praying, and yet God is not the author of confusion? Since we are to prove everything and abstain from all appearances of evil, then God's gift of tongues cannot be of confusion, but are of other men's lips to speak unto the people and it is to come with interpretations when done in the assembly.

May God be peradventuring to recover some from this obvious snare of the devil. 2 Timothy 2:15-16,24-26, 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & Isaiah 8:19 & 1 John 4:1-7

diamondlarry

Feb 18, 2017
It was necessary that speaking in tongues at the beginning was meant to help spread the word to those of different nations. But when time brought about the ability of men to translate languages and to put things in print it is no longer needed.

1 Cor 13:8
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
NKJV
I respectfully disagree that it is not needed now. I will attempt to explain why below.

1 Corinthians 13:8 NKJV 8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

Some people have used this scripture and the following few verses to say that the gift of tongues has ceased and is no longer in operation today. That is not the case. However, when we have glorified bodies and know all things, even as we are known, then there will not be a need to speak in tongues anymore. Paul was contrasting the temporariness of the gift of tongues with the permanentness of God’s love, just as he did with prophecy, to increase the value of love.
In all three of the comparisons in this verse, Paul was showing the relative worth of love. Love is greater than prophecy, tongues, and knowledge (1 Corinthians 13:13). “Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth” (1 Corinthians 8:1). Knowing the love of Christ in an experiential way is superior to plain knowledge (Ephesians 3:19).
When Paul said that knowledge would vanish away, he was not speaking of all knowledge. In this very context, he said, “Then shall I know even as also I am known” (1 Corinthians 13:12). We will have knowledge, but it will be God’s perfect, complete knowledge, not the corruptible carnal knowledge that we now possess.

1 Corinthians 13:10 NKJV 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Some people have interpreted the “that which is perfect” in this verse as being the completed Bible. This has led them to believe that the gifts of the Spirit spoken of here (i.e., prophecy and tongues) have ceased. Although God’s Word is perfect (Psalms 19:7), that cannot be the “perfect thing” that is spoken of here.
In 1 Corinthians 13:12, Paul said when that which is perfect is come, we shall see face to face. This is speaking of seeing the Lord face to face, instead of vaguely as though through a dark glass, as it is now. Some might argue that this is speaking in a symbolic sense instead of literally face to face, but the next comparison in that verse says that then (when that which is perfect is come) we shall know all things even as we are also known. There is no other way to interpret that except to be describing when we stand before the Lord after this life. Then we will be face to face and know all things even as also we are known.
1 Corinthians 13:8 also says that at the time prophecies fail and tongues cease, knowledge will vanish away. That has to be talking about the next life, or the new heavens and earth, because one of the signs of the end times will be that knowledge shall increase (Daniel 12:4). The information explosion we see today with computers and the information available on the internet mean that the Bible can't be the "that which is perfect" Paul was referring to here.
It has to be speaking of either our glorified bodies or Jesus at His second coming. Either way, these verses establish that until that which is perfect is come, tongues and prophecy will remain. These are valid gifts today.
Paul was speaking about the gifts of the Spirit, specifically prophecy and tongues. They will pass away in the new heaven and the new earth (Revelation 21). We will not need them.

1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJV 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

As explained earlier, both the “thens” that Paul made reference to in 1 Corinthians 13:10 are speaking of our glorified state with Jesus in eternity. Until that occurs, the gifts of the Spirit will not cease.
Our knowledge, in our glorified bodies, will be equal to God’s knowledge of us now. We will be like Him (1 John 3:1-2). This is already a reality in our born-again spirits (1 Corinthians 2:16), and to the degree that we renew our carnal minds, we can draw on that knowledge now.

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Generally, those who speak with the tongues that is not from Him will ignore the refuting scripture & continue to hype what other believers have not experienced nor received by a supernatural encounter separate from salvation.
And those that dont belive the so called babble will ignore the refuting scripture & continue to hype what other believers have not experienced nor received by a supernatural encounter separate from salvation.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respectfully disagree that it is not needed now. I will attempt to explain why below.

As explained earlier, both the “thens” that Paul made reference to in 1 Corinthians 13:10 are speaking of our glorified state with Jesus in eternity. Until that occurs, the gifts of the Spirit will not cease.
Our knowledge, in our glorified bodies, will be equal to God’s knowledge of us now. We will be like Him (1 John 3:1-2). This is already a reality in our born-again spirits (1 Corinthians 2:16), and to the degree that we renew our carnal minds, we can draw on that knowledge now.

That does not fully explained why tongues are needed now. You have addressed the verses to your understanding that those scripture does not apply now for the reasons that some have declared that tongues have ceased, but yet that does not necessarily refute that tongues are not needed now when the scripture is readily available for our edification.

I believe in God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people, but the supernatural tongue today which never comes with interpretation is gained by apostasy ( see post # 66 for details ). It is because of this abuse of false tongues, I can understand why some christians believes that the real God's gift of tongues have ceased when the King James Bible is available for any one to read in most languages.

As it is, most members of the church in USA are of one language as opposed to the churches in Corinth where the traffic of foreigners was common. If the end result is tongues and interpretation are for our edification, I believe the gift of prophesy would be manifested for the edification of the church. The Holy Spirit would not be vain to bother to do a run around when everybody speaks English. He would manifest two or three to prophesy and have one judge rather than the other way with two or three speaking in tongues and one interpret.

Since Paul exhorted believers to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts, including tongues in 1 Corinthians 14th chapter because tongues is not a stand alone gift, it begs believers to question tongue speakers why they hype to seek tongues more than the gift of prophesy, especially when it involves an encounter with the Holy Spirit which tongue speakers say it is separate from salvation or it is another baptism with the Holy Ghost, proving that it is not the Spirit of Truth for they know not what that phenomenon is. Indeed, some apply that experience to mean that it is God calling them into the ministry and that tongues were never to serve as a sign for believers to know as a confirmation about anything.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

That is Paul giving the bottomline on tongues as being of other men's lips to speak unto the people as it is not to serve as a sign towards believers but towards unbelievers. It has been prophesied that many believers will not hear His words because they place the supernatural experience over His words for they value having that supernatural tongue even if it only babbles nonsense. They do not know if they are praising Him, or being edified, or the Holy Spirit is making intercessions at that time, and thus clearly not of the Lord for God is not the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those that dont belive the so called babble will ignore the refuting scripture & continue to hype what other believers have not experienced nor received by a supernatural encounter separate from salvation.

Repeating from post # 66

"Some will preach that this is another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, but Ephesians 4:4-6 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 refutes that.

Some will say that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is separate from salvation, but Romans 8:9, Galatians 3:14,26, & Ephesians 1:12-15 refutes that. They will try to use events in the Book of Acts to justify overlooking those refuting verses, but they are not reading Acts rightly."

And

"Yet, all of them are ignoring the warning about any one preaching another Jesus or anther spirit or another gospel to receive in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4.

They are also forgetting John 16:13 where His word testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot utter His own words in making His own intercessions for us, which is why Another Person has to make the Spirit's intercessions known to the Father by knowing the mind of the Spirit as Romans 8:26-27 testifies in the King James Bible in keeping in line with the truth in John 16:13 as well as this truth that only Jesus can give intercessions to the Father for there is only One Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ). The Holy Spirit is God, but giving the Spirit's intercessions and ours intercessions is the Son of God's job so that whenever the Father says "Yes," to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers; John 14:13-14."

For any discussion to progress by His grace & by His help, scripture is needed. I have included scripture to refute. Where are yours?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By that rationale, there are still dead people, so does that mean we should still expect Christians to be able to raise the dead? There are lame and blind people, should Christians be healing the blind and pulling people out of wheelchairs?

These miraculous gifts were "signs." The purpose of the gift was to point to something greater. Jesus' "signs" had a purpose of validating his message. IMO, the early Christians were given the power to perform signs and wonders to validate the message they shared. Once that message had been validated, the need for "signs" no longer existed. Just as the signs and wonders God performed in Egypt and in the desert didn't need to be repeated each year once Israel occupied the land, so the signs validating the message of the resurrection do not need to be continually performed. God calls us to be people of faith, not people that rely on signs perpetually. Paul tells us that tongues is a "sign to unbelievers." Thus, Imo, this miraculous gift that acted as a sign (similar to other miraculous gifts) are no longer needed now that the message of the resurrection has been firmly established.

Wormwood,

This is Jesus speaking: 'Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father' (John 14:12 ESV).

That is clear that Christian believers will be able to do the works that Jesus did. The miraculous is included in these 'works'. They will continue to do them once Jesus returns to the Father in his Ascension.

You consider that the miraculous gift that was a sign is no longer needed now that we have the message of the resurrection.

That's not what Jesus believed (John 14:12). Miraculous healing may not be happening in your country and mine that we know about. However .... we have evidence of

1 Cor 12:30 states: μὴ πάντες χαρίσματα ἔχουσιν ἰαμάτων = not all gifts have healings. Or as the ESV translates: 'Do all possess gifts of healing?' The Greek construction requires the answer, 'No', associated with the Greek use of the negative me.

Since it is the Spirit who sovereignly gives the gifts of the Spirit, the gifts of miracles and healings are determined by the Spirit. They are happening in certain situations. God in his sovereignty knows they are needed to accomplish His purpose.

Could your cessationist presuppositions be clouding over what Jesus said.

Just some thoughts from a fellow traveller.

Oz

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Repeating from post # 66

"Some will preach that this is another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, but Ephesians 4:4-6 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 refutes that.

Some will say that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is separate from salvation, but Romans 8:9, Galatians 3:14,26, & Ephesians 1:12-15 refutes that. They will try to use events in the Book of Acts to justify overlooking those refuting verses, but they are not reading Acts rightly."

And

"Yet, all of them are ignoring the warning about any one preaching another Jesus or anther spirit or another gospel to receive in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4.

They are also forgetting John 16:13 where His word testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot utter His own words in making His own intercessions for us, which is why Another Person has to make the Spirit's intercessions known to the Father by knowing the mind of the Spirit as Romans 8:26-27 testifies in the King James Bible in keeping in line with the truth in John 16:13 as well as this truth that only Jesus can give intercessions to the Father for there is only One Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ). The Holy Spirit is God, but giving the Spirit's intercessions and ours intercessions is the Son of God's job so that whenever the Father says "Yes," to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers; John 14:13-14."

For any discussion to progress by His grace & by His help, scripture is needed. I have included scripture to refute. Where are yours?
You came in on the last ten minutes go back and read the realted threads

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sword,

There is not one word in the NT that calls speaking in tongues 'babble'. That is your eisegesis of the text - your imposing your pejorative understanding on the Bible.

The Greek text of 1 Cor 14:2a states: ὁ γὰρ λαλῶν γλώσσῃ οὐκ ἀνθρώποις λαλεῖ ἀλλὰ θεῷ = the for speaking in tongues not to men [people] speak but to God. This is translated by the ESV as, 'For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God'.

The word for 'speak' is the normal Greek word for 'I speak' = lalew. This is normal language of speaking in tongues. It is not 'babble'.

Oz

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not what Jesus believed (John 14:12). Miraculous healing may not be happening in your country and mine that we know about. However .... we have evidence of
Healing is happening in ever country on the planet. Its exploding and all these forum preachers are missing out dailyt. as our lives slip ito etermity. James said faith without works is dead. wwe are going to give an account of what we did. Not the sins. But the works. And going to chuch will sound like gong if we mention it. We are given a commision to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set that captives free and we are given a green light to opperate in all the gifts. If you dont belive it thats one thing. If you are preaching against it woops. Guess whos tears He will be drying, I am sorry Lord I never knew my heart was closed I am so sorry Lord. Every one in here is jumping in rattilling of scripture that fits what they were taught and they will fight tooth and nail to defend it. just like Paul when he thought he was doing good for God

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is not one word in the NT that calls speaking in tongues 'babble'. That is your eisegesis of the text - your imposing your pejorative understanding on the Bible.
I never said there was I am quoting what the people in here called it. I think its a very confidant man that would say such a thing and I also think that man will be cring tears in front i=of Jesus for his misteaching scriptures.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ VS the Gospel of Tongues; I'd rather preach Jesus Christ & Him crucified since there is no other hope of our calling, and I even need His help to do even that.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe in God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people, but the supernatural tongue today which never comes with interpretation is gained by apostasy ( see post # 66 for details ). It is because of this abuse of false tongues, I can understand why some christians believes that the real God's gift of tongues have ceased when the King James Bible is available for any one to read in most languages.

JIF,

That's not what I find in 1 Cor 14. We know that 'For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit' (1 Cor 14:2 NIV).

So, the person who has been given the supernatural gift of tongues by the Spirit, is using it to 'not speak to people but to God'. I use it as part of my prayer language when talking with the Lord in my private devotions. 1 Cor 14:2 confirms that this is what should happen for those given this gift.

There is further teaching on this in 1 Cor 14:14-15 (NIV):

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.​

So the Christian who has been given the gift of tongues has the ability to pray both in tongues ('my spirit prays') and with the mind (i.e. in English). This is not the language of apostasy but of the Holy Spirit.

Then there is a further emphasis in 1 Cor 14:27-28 (NIV):

If anyone speaks in a tongue [when you come together in a church gathering - see v. 26], two – or at the most three – should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.​

So a person can speak to himself [and herself] and God in tongues in the church gathering if there is no interpreter.

Paul's concluding message of 1 Cor 14:39-40 (NIV) is:

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.​

The supernatural gift of tongues comes from the same source that Paul exhorted, 'do not forbid speaking in tongues' and the source of this gift is God himself (1 Cor 12:27-31).

The gift of tongues does not come from apostasy for Christian people. It comes from the Holy Spirit of God. Yes, there are people in the occult or other religions that use this kind of language, but that doesn't make the genuine gift of the Spirit, speaking in tongues, fake.

One faulty Chevvy doesn't make every Chevvy a fraud.:rolleyes:

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never said there was I am quoting what the people in here called it. I think its a very confidant man that would say such a thing and I also think that man will be cring tears in front i=of Jesus for his misteaching scriptures.

Sword,

Please accept my apologies. In #68, I thought you called tongues babble, but now that I re-read the post I see that you were referring to others who referred to tongues a 'so called babble'.

Thank you for correcting me. You are a true Christian in the Lord.

Blessings,
Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Healing is happening in ever country on the planet. Its exploding and all these forum preachers are missing out dailyt. as our lives slip ito etermity. James said faith without works is dead. wwe are going to give an account of what we did. Not the sins. But the works. And going to chuch will sound like gong if we mention it. We are given a commision to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set that captives free and we are given a green light to opperate in all the gifts. If you dont belive it thats one thing. If you are preaching against it woops. Guess whos tears He will be drying, I am sorry Lord I never knew my heart was closed I am so sorry Lord. Every one in here is jumping in rattilling of scripture that fits what they were taught and they will fight tooth and nail to defend it. just like Paul when he thought he was doing good for God

Why don't you provide us with links to verified cases of healings around the world, including raising from the dead?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Gospel of Jesus Christ VS the Gospel of Tongues; I'd rather preach Jesus Christ & Him crucified since there is no other hope of our calling, and I even need His help to do even that.

JIF
The Gospel of Jesus Christ requires the follow-up of growing in the Lord that is called edification.

What does 1 Cor 14:4-5 (NIV) state?

Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.​

So the people who speak in tongues to themselves bring personal edification. However, when tongues is accompanied by interpretation in the church gathering, the church is edified.

Seems to me that you are missing something very important in a Christian's and a church's growth in edification. Tongues build up the individual but when accompanied by interpretation in the church gathering, it edifies the church.

All of us should be applauding any Christian grace that brings edification to the person and the church. Tongues and interpretation do that.

Oz