Tell Me About Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell me about Him, not what the bible says, or what you have being taught, So many on here go to church, read the bible, do bible study etc, so you must know Him well, So tell me about Him, Whats He like. I read on these forums, about homosexuality, sin, failing marriage, is the bible right ot wrong, about differnt stories in the bible, about church and home group, but what a bout Jesus. Whats He like, for us to be witnesses of Christ, should we not know Him.?

In His Love

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Tell me about Him, not what the bible says, or what you have being taught, So many on here go to church, read the bible, do bible study etc, so you must know Him well, So tell me about Him, Whats He like. I read on these forums, about homosexuality, sin, failing marriage, is the bible right ot wrong, about differnt stories in the bible, about church and home group, but what a bout Jesus. Whats He like, for us to be witnesses of Christ, should we not know Him.?

In His Love

But the Bible reveals Him.

Talking about Jesus while excluding the Bible is a waste of time.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have honestly never had a personal Visitation from Him as others have -only the Holy Spirit many
times (now on THAT I have plenty to say!)

I haven't had what others have had where He hugged them - sat next to them on their bed - had a
near death encounter with Him where He was in radiant light and love enveloped them,
then He gently sent them back, etc...

What I know is only from the Bible - I can only hope He was as was written.
If so - He was the greatest Teacher on Earth.
His words are my instructions I not only live by - but depend on as true and rely
on ----so far so good, :) Everything I have followed has indeed been true - and "worked".
I can give plenty of examples - maybe later if anyone wants.

I just talked to Him just standing in my living room this morning - telling Him He is my
everything and I totally rely on Him and need Him - I sure can't do anything without Him.
Miss Hepburn
:)

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
I have honestly never had a personal Visitation from Him as others have -only the Holy Spirit many
times (now on THAT I have plenty to say!)

I haven't had what others have had where He hugged them - sat next to them on their bed - had a
near death encounter with Him where He was in radiant light and love enveloped them,
then He gently sent them back, etc...

What I know is only from the Bible - I can only hope He was as was written.
If so - He was the greatest Teacher on Earth.
His words are my instructions I not only live by - but depend on as true and rely
on ----so far so good, :) Everything I have followed has indeed been true - and "worked".
I can give plenty of examples - maybe later if anyone wants.

I just talked to Him just standing in my living room this morning - telling Him He is my
everything and I totally rely on Him and need Him - I sure can't do anything without Him.
Miss Hepburn
:)
:rolleyes: you found my notes i see :p

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
I will tell you about this Jesus. I will tell you about everthing that I want to be but cannot because of what I am. His story is the story that changed my life forever. I had heroes as a kid, many of them, all strong, big and invincible. I could never become one of them, so I was frustrated. Those whom I envied did not exist except in my imaginations. Then I read The Story. I was undone by this Man and what was said about Him. I could not be like Him either, and yet I felt no one deserved my devotion more than He. I was seventeen.

As the years past by, filled with uncertainties and terrors, I was ever seeking to find refuge in that name. It was always on my mind and in my thinking. I sought Him out in everything my mind could grasp. But the only thing that every changed was a deeper and deeper conviction of His presence. In the most climactic and fearful crisis periods of my life, His spirit lifted my head from the ground of sorrow, instilling me with expectation for better things to come. I could not give up on life because I sensed His life-giving sustenance within me. I would be no traitor to the One Who was The Betrayed.

My heart and mind are being altered. Instead of drugs and flesh, it is a Man greater than I Who is achieving miraculous things in and through me. No person I come into contact with remains the same, for neither do I. The images of what I want to be are real, and bit by bit, piece by piece, He is building a new creation for me to inhabit. It is not my doing, but His. I cannot build a thing worthy of this Jesus Who will be King, but I have offered myself to Him, broken down and foolish, and He is faithful to restore that which was sold in sin, and present me to His Father spotless and blameless in His sight. What I could not do, He is doing, and that for no good reason except to show forth His mercy and love.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh you all stirred my heart,and I was beggining to think the world was full of religious zealots. Its only Christ that matters.But miss Hepburn, this I can tell you about Him, He is tall, has long hair, and always smiles, i have yet to see him angry, in fact i know it is impossible for Him to be so. And when He looks at you, it is like you are the only one there, you could be in a room with a million people, and everyone of them would see Him as if He could only see them. And when He speaks, His lips never move, yet His voice is so calm and you know it is Him; See I know Jesus died for me. not because its written in the bible, not because someone told me, but because He Himself, King Of Kings, Lord of Lords, thought it was not beneath Himself, to come and tell me, to show me, that He did this for me. For with Jesus, it is a personal walk, its like you are the only one in existence when He is with you, His attention always on you, always loving, always caring, never condeming, though I must admit He sometimes questions Me but in a loving way, for He is love, and without Him, I would have no purpose in life.

In His Love

PS Love your story too fivesense.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you all stirred my heart,and I was beggining to think the world was full of religious zealots. Its only Christ that matters.But miss Hepburn, this I can tell you about Him, He is tall, has long hair, and always smiles, i have yet to see him angry, in fact i know it is impossible for Him to be so. And when He looks at you, it is like you are the only one there, you could be in a room with a million people, and everyone of them would see Him as if He could only see them. And when He speaks, His lips never move, yet His voice is so calm and you know it is Him; See I know Jesus died for me. not because its written in the bible, not because someone told me, but because He Himself, King Of Kings, Lord of Lords, thought it was not beneath Himself, to come and tell me, to show me, that He did this for me. For with Jesus, it is a personal walk, its like you are the only one in existence when He is with you, His attention always on you, always loving, always caring, never condeming, though I must admit He sometimes questions Me but in a loving way, for He is love, and without Him, I would have no purpose in life.

In His Love

PS Love your story too fivesense.

Are you still making the claim that Jesus has actually appeared to you and if so, are you telling others that they should expect him to appear to them also or to seek this and want this to happen to them?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you still making the claim that Jesus has actually appeared to you and if so, are you telling others that they should expect him to appear to them also or to seek this and want this to happen to them?

Should we all not want Jesus ??? And is there anything wrong in asking.??? Did not Jesus appear to the disciples after His death, is not Jesus, the same today, yesterday and forever, has He changed, am I the only one ?? And I never told anyone that they should expect Him, but would it not be nice to be visited by the one who loves you.

In His Love

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we all not want Jesus ??? And is there anything wrong in asking.??? Did not Jesus appear to the disciples after His death, is not Jesus, the same today, yesterday and forever, has He changed, am I the only one ?? And I never told anyone that they should expect Him, but would it not be nice to be visited by the one who loves you.

In His Love

So you are still saying that Jesus has actually appeared to you and continues to do so. I feel the need to caution you and remind you that Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. I hope you are not conversing with this spirit or bowing down and worshiping it.
We do not need to have Jesus appear to us to believe in him. Blessed are those who haven't seen him and still believe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are still saying that Jesus has actually appeared to you and continues to do so. I feel the need to caution you and remind you that Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. I hope you are not conversing with this spirit or bowing down and worshiping it.
We do not need to have Jesus appear to us to believe in him. Blessed are those who haven't seen him and still believe.

satan can only appear as an angle of light to those who walk in darknes,, and what good would it do satan to prove to me that christ died on the cross, since that is not what he wants us to hear, a house divided against itself cannot stand.

In His LOve

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, none of us here need to see Jesus to believe in him and
sure, blessed are they that have not seen - speaking to the choir here...
But for the one that has been visited - yay, for you.. We all get what we need or have
prepared the soil for or longed for.

I have prepared and have been visited by God many, many times.
It wasn't until I started listening to Christians that I realized -"Oh, this must be what they call
the Holy Spirit, and I have called 'God' for these years of Sacred Visits and Reveals."

Did I need these Visits - apparently. Am I more special than others, nope.
I was just open, ready and watching...being still.

I have had entire sentences spoken to me explaining and revealing such insight into
our Father, as I was so still I almost wasn't breathing...Gregg, fivesense - I would love to pm 2 of
my experiences to you.
Or anyone else that is eager - but not where anyone would ever "debate" about His Words to me, ever.
Or warn me they could have been coming from satan or something, like I have no discernment.
:) Miss Hepburn

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Nope, none of us here need to see Jesus to believe in him and
sure, blessed are they that have not seen - speaking to the choir here...
But for the one that has been visited - yay, for you.. We all get what we need or have
prepared the soil for or longed for.

I have prepared and have been visited by God many, many times.
It wasn't until I started listening to Christians that I realized -"Oh, this must be what they call
the Holy Spirit, and I have called 'God' for these years of Sacred Visits and Reveals."

Did I need these Visits - apparently. Am I more special than others, nope.
I was just open, ready and watching...being still.

I have had entire sentences spoken to me explaining and revealing such insight into
our Father, as I was so still I almost wasn't breathing...Gregg, fivesense - I would love to pm 2 of
my experiences to you.
Or anyone else that is eager - but not where anyone would ever "debate" about His Words to me, ever.
Or warn me they could have been coming from satan or something, like I have no discernment.
:) Miss Hepburn

go for it.
fivesense

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Though I am a sinner, knowing somethings about Jesus Christ is making me show love and talk to people I do not want to talk to. I am waiting for him to capture me fully, to know him fully and to love him fully.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregg, fivesense,
Busy day today - look for a pm soon.
Ah, I love God.
:) Mss Hepburn

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Though I am a sinner, knowing somethings about Jesus Christ is making me show love and talk to people I do not want to talk to. I am waiting for him to capture me fully, to know him fully and to love him fully.

This, to me, is proof of Holy Spirit in the earth. Thank you, judd, for the encouragment.
fivesense