Temptation of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also wont find the work. "Duck", "Deer" "Canadian Sunset"..."Marijuana", or " Dinosaur".

So, because these exact words are not in the Bible, does this mean you also "can't find them"?

So, really?
Try putting your thinking glasses on, Tommy.

Let me show you "pre-incarnate" JESUS.

"Iin the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God". "Jesus is the Word made FLESH" (Born of a Virgin)

Jesus said, "i am from ABOVE, and you Tommy, are from Below'"""

That is Heaven (above) and Below (earth)

So, Jesus was not a man, in Heaven, he was Pre-incarnate, as the "Word". Who is "the BREAD of HEAVEN" who "came down".
If you don’t mind, I think I will forgo the glasses …..as it appears the glasses encourage the beloved to adlib what they believe into the Word. And if I am going speculate on something... I will declare that it is speculation and give my reasons ….but I will never say it’s gospel. And my speculation will not contradict anything else in the Word…

The Word declares Jesus as a man when He was on earth…. I cannot make that jump to the God/man thing…. it would contradict many scripture … I have quoted a few below.

Jhn 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man” that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man” Christ Jesus;

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure (see **) of him that was to come. (i.e. Jesus Christ)

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

**(Verse 14) The word “figure” (tupos) specifically denotes any kind of stamped or imprinted impression … it's where our English words "type" comes from.

The noun typically describes the instrument with which an impression is made…. but by extension also the thing impressed ….as a coin, a seal, but also the hollow mold of a cast statue, that imitates or replicates some original.

The word, (WORD) = (logos).... and in John_ 1:1 …it does NOT “AKA Jesus Christ”

Jesus Christ is not a lexicon definition of logos … or of Messiah.

It is used over 300 in the NT and translated into over 40 different words like: speech, stories, talking, report, truth, question, reply, rumor, flattery, account, grievance, conversation, command…..etc.
In the scripture the word logos has a wide range of meanings along two basic lines of thoughts. One is the mind and products of the mind …like reason, logic…etc.

The second is… The expression of that reason, as a word, saying or command…….etc.

The Word of God comes to us via written, spoken, or living …Jesus always did the Fathers will He was the living Word.

God was Christ Father ….Was He from above? …of course. Genetically perfect… sinless blood and while on earth He was, as he stated.... a man.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been speaking in tongues since my New-Birth Date. Which, as the Bible states is my proof in the senses world that I am saved …born again…… So …. don’t be offended my self-righteous brother
That's a lie. I'm only "righteous" because Jesus shed His Blood for me.
.but I am going to trust Gods Word over your misguided religious doctrine and fallacious discernment.

The verse in Hos 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Actually God is our savior …but that word yāšaʿ can just as accurately be translated deliverer ….although it is translated saved 149X savior 15X and deliver 14X ..and the context itself is not related to Jesus Christ whatsoever.
Another self professed Hebrew expert? Are you a Greek expert too? If God isn't your Savior you don't have a Savior.
http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=1Ti+4

1 Timothy 4
10 We trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men,

And His Name is Jesus!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Word declares Jesus as a man when He was on earth…. I cannot make that jump to the God/man thing…. i

You seem to not be able to comprehend this..

Jesus said.....>"“You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am Not OF This World".

So, that is Jesus standing on the earth, telling YOU He is not of this World".

Why not?

Because Jesus is the "WORD made Flesh"..... Jesus is "GOD manifested in the flesh". Jesus is "The Bread of Heaven come to earth".

And that is not going to change because the Cult that taught you not to believe it, has control of your mind, Tommy.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Cult that taught you not to believe it, has control of your mind, Tommy.
Funny you should mention that …. And it has become more prevalent especially with this democrat administration in office…..

Whatever they accuse others of doing or being…. is a mirror reflection of themselves. And that stands true for most people who cast aspersions.

I am not the one who is making up stuff …. filling in the blank for God…. so to speak ….because God forgot to say stuff that you have determined as truth.

Everything God wants us to know ….is written it the Word.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Prophecy is foretelling or forthtelling …. And the word private is the word idios ….which means “ones own” or “his own”.

That is why we have so many religions …because people, by their own determination have stepped outside the Truth to determine their own truth …. If the Bible doesn’t say it …leave it alone. Let God be the Author…and you be the consumer of what is written …. Not what you believe or have determined.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the JW Bible admits that Jesus is God.

NWT John 20:28 In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And notice that Jesus didn't correct Thomas,... as why would GOD correct the Truth?
Excellent point! Jesus would have SEVERELY rubuked Thomas if he was wrong.

Last edited:

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt say you were "making up stuff".

I said you don't understand that "God manifested in the Flesh" through the womb of a virgin, is the "WORD" of God, in John 1.

You and Jack can keep feeding your assessment off each other …. whatever you want to believe …if that is where you want to hang your hat.

I have addressed Thomas’s quote as seen below… No place does Jesus call himself God or god/man. And because someone addresses someone with the title does not make Him so. And not only did Jesus Not correct Him it was given bey revelation some 50 years later....not because Jesus was a God man but because it was common to address divine authority with that title as god ....not God.....the capitol G comes from translators.

The Greek language uses the word theos (God, god) with the broader meaning than is customary to today. It was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities ….including the Roman governor Romans 12:22 and even the devil 2 Corinthians 4:4. It was used with someone with divine authority and was not limited to its absolute sense as a personal name for the supreme deity as we use it today.

With that in mind…. Thomas’s excitement after being in doubt is not a stretch whatsoever.

There is also a figure of speech hendiadys in that verse. Hendiadys means “one by means of two”. One of the two words expresses the fact …the other intensifies it to the superlative degree…. making the statement especially emphatic. In this case the word Lord expresses the fact and the godly intensifies it…”my godly Lord” …could be a viable phrase.

~ I’m out ~

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You and Jack can keep feeding your assessment off each other …

Just remember that before Jesus became a man, he was somewhere.

He was in Heaven, "pre-incarnate".

If you read Genesis, it says..>"Let US make man in OUR image".

That is "OUR" = 2.

That is God the Father and Christ the "Word" who was God.... John 1.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus could not have fallen to temptation and committed a sin. He was God he could not sin.
The reason for his temptations were to prove to the world he was the Messiah. If he had or could sin,then he wouldn't be the one. There was no way he could have failed.

Well, he was the Word of God, made flesh, and that flesh was named Jesus and was indeed tempted. Therefore, Jesus even though he was the Word of God, inside of the flesh. Was not fully God until becoming the Lord God Almighty; once being raised again, after having put all enemies beneath his feet, which was when the Lord Jesus Christ, and God would be come one together, who sits on the throne now today.

Jesus was tempted in the flesh, though the word of God - and the Holy Spirit kept that flesh back.

What does that mean for people today?

That you have someone who was tempted and can relate to what you are experiencing, and it is up to you to put your trust in God, and pray and ask him to help you!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and Jack can keep feeding your assessment off each other …. whatever you want to believe …if that is where you want to hang your hat.
Personal attack. No surprise!
I have addressed Thomas’s quote as seen below… No place does Jesus call himself God or god/man. And because someone addresses someone with the title does not make Him so. And not only did Jesus Not correct Him it was given bey revelation some 50 years later....not because Jesus was a God man but because it was common to address divine authority with that title as god ....not God.....the capitol G comes from translators.
It's your word Vs Thomas' whom Jesus taught personally. Whom should we believe? You or Thomas?

The Greek language uses the word theos (God, god) with the broader meaning than is customary to today. It was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities ….including the Roman governor Romans 12:22 and even the devil 2 Corinthians 4:4. It was used with someone with divine authority and was not limited to its absolute sense as a personal name for the supreme deity as we use it today.
I really don't think you're qualified in the Greek Language to say our Bibles are wrong. Thomas couldn't have made it any clearer.
With that in mind…. Thomas’s excitement after being in doubt is not a stretch whatsoever.
You're desperate!
There is also a figure of speech hendiadys in that verse. Hendiadys means “one by means of two”. One of the two words expresses the fact …the other intensifies it to the superlative degree…. making the statement especially emphatic. In this case the word Lord expresses the fact and the godly intensifies it…”my godly Lord” …could be a viable phrase.

~ I’m out ~
Why don't you just stick with our Bible and stop trying to rewrite it?

Col 1 By Him all things were created!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, he was the Word of God, made flesh, and that flesh was named Jesus and was indeed tempted. Therefore, Jesus even though he was the Word of God, inside of the flesh. Was not fully God until becoming the Lord God Almighty; once being raised again, after having put all enemies beneath his feet, which was when the Lord Jesus Christ, and God would be come one together, who sits on the throne now today.

Jesus was tempted in the flesh, though the word of God - and the Holy Spirit kept that flesh back.

What does that mean for people today?

That you have someone who was tempted and can relate to what you are experiencing, and it is up to you to put your trust in God, and pray and ask him to help you!
More scripture twisting. The bible doesn't say " He was the word of God made flesh" . You make Him impersonal and not a Person prior to His coming to this earth as a man.

What it does say is that the WORD WAS GOD. John 1:1- and the Word ( who was God )was made flesh - John 1:14.

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More scripture twisting. The bible doesn't say " He was the word of God made flesh" . You make Him impersonal and not a Person prior to His coming to this earth as a man.

What it does say is that the WORD WAS GOD. John 1:1- and the Word ( who was God )was made flesh - John 1:14.

hope this helps !!!

Sorry if you are offended but what was said doesn't offend me.

Remember Jesus wouldnt have been tempted with Sin - if he was fully God in the flesh.

Jesus would have known the date and time - if he was fully God in the flesh.

Eventually though he was the Word of God in the flesh of Christ Jesus - as the Soul of the man in my opinion.

Gave everything back to God, and God became all in all, and that is why you dont see Jesus at the right hand anymore in Revelation 4.

I believe they are now united into One becoming the Lord God ALmighty.

@Christophany did you stop going to the website you frequented? Also if you wanna just know what I believe all you have to of course is just ask me, please dont make assertions on me.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe God is speaking to angels.
Considering Jesus wasnt Jesus until he came to the flesh. But when God spoke he Spoke his Word.

Just to throw it out there.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if you are offended but what was said doesn't offend me.

Remember Jesus wouldnt have been tempted with Sin - if he was fully God in the flesh.

Jesus would have known the date and time - if he was fully God in the flesh.

Eventually though he was the Word of God in the flesh of Christ Jesus - as the Soul of the man in my opinion.

Gave everything back to God, and God became all in all, and that is why you dont see Jesus at the right hand anymore in Revelation 4.

I believe they are now united into One becoming the Lord God ALmighty.

@Christophany did you stop going to the website you frequented? Also if you wanna just know what I believe all you have to of course is just ask me, please dont make assertions on me.
God was tempted/tested by the Israelite's in the wilderness- same word in the Greek- tested, tempted.

Did God sin when He was tempted/tested by them in the wilderness ? yes or no

Could God have sinned ? yes or no

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering Jesus wasnt Jesus until he came to the flesh. But when God spoke he Spoke his Word.

What you "tend" to believe is irrelevant and subjective. Scripture is objective and the basis for all things which are the truth.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 1
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.