Terms and Conditions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Serving under fear will do that to you. Understanding you are reconciled to God through Jesus and not your own behavior liberates you from that fear if you will believe it.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

John, in his first letter, tells us our two commandments, Trust Jesus, and love others. Just do those the best you can, and any time you feel afraid or under threat, trust Jesus, He loves you, and saves you.

I can be the same way, and there was a time it wore me out also. The answer I've found it this. It's about Him, and not about me. I cling to Him, and He rescues me.

I pray He will reveal to you your safety in His hands!

Much love!
The issue of "fear" is important: "fear" characterizes the "slavery" (Ro 8:15) of those "under Law" (the Law produces slaves Gal 4:23,24), and this arrangement is called "the flesh" (Ro 8:3; Gal 3:3), so, if we're threatening to steal the glory (in that we are relying on the flesh under such circumstances, we are not going to give Him the glory), God won't do the work, so it's important not to be fearful, but at peace, which He supplies to those who obey the truth (Ro 5:1), which is what our God, the God Who is love, and "the God of Peace" (Ro 16:20), would want, not to punish/torment us, or have us living in fear of that/motivated by that (the inspiration of a slave's work).

• Love
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue of "fear" is important: "fear" characterizes the "slavery" (Ro 8:15) of those "under Law" (the Law produces slaves Gal 4:23,24), and this arrangement is called "the flesh" (Ro 8:3; Gal 3:3), so, if we're threatening to steal the glory (in that we are relying on the flesh under such circumstances, we are not going to give Him the glory), God won't do the work, so it's important not to be fearful, but at peace, which He supplies to those who obey the truth (Ro 5:1), which is what our God, the God Who is love, and "the God of Peace" (Ro 16:20), would want, not to punish/torment us, or have us living in fear of that/motivated by that (the inspiration of a slave's work).
I could only give one "love", to the other is here . . .

Great post! I heartily agree with you! Well, except on one point, perhaps, that God will in fact continue His work in us - if we are truly His children - even if we aren't cooperating, or have wrong ideas, only, it will take longer. He'll have to first remove our confidence in the flesh.

Much love!

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks
God loves us, and gave His Son to be tormented/punished in place of the torment that would otherwise be ours on account of our sins. We should remember that and "do not permit your hearts to be troubled" by the fear of punishment/torment.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could only give one "love", to the other is here . . .

Great post! I heartily agree with you! Well, except on one point, perhaps, that God will in fact continue His work in us - if we are truly His children - even if we aren't cooperating, or have wrong ideas, only, it will take longer. He'll have to first remove our confidence in the flesh.

Much love!
It's good that you do not fear, I only disagree with how you arrive there.
I need real firm foundations--the idea that people cannot be lost after they're saved isn't, for me, a firm foundation, since I do not read anything of the sort in Scripture (and I, in fact, read the very opposite); I am finding firm foundations for not fearing in all of these arguments (both in the negative, and in the positive) that God makes make sense through prayer. Ultimately, that means I am finding a firm foundation for not fearing in God's love, but, as Paul says, he shares so that he may share in the Gospel blessings (1 Co 9), so discussion is integral.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's good that you do not fear, I only disagree with how you arrive there.
I need real firm foundations--the idea that people cannot be lost after they're saved isn't, for me, a firm foundation, since I do not read anything of the sort in Scripture (and I, in fact, read the very opposite); I am finding firm foundations for not fearing in all of these arguments (both in the negative, and in the positive) that God makes make sense through prayer. Ultimately, that means I am finding a firm foundation for not fearing in God's love, but, as Paul says, he shares so that he may share in the Gospel blessings (1 Co 9), so discussion is integral.
I guess I skipped some intermediate steps. One of them becoming convinced my own inability to change. And my blindness to my state. The thing I most want to point to is God's faithfulness.

As I'm dwelling more on what you are saying, maybe the dot connecting us is this, our security is found in really coming to know God. Not about Him, but to know Him, personally, and that comes in prayer, among other ways, but hugely in prayer.

Much love!

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I skipped some intermediate steps. One of them becoming convinced my own inability to change. And my blindness to my state. The thing I most want to point to is God's faithfulness.

As I'm dwelling more on what you are saying, maybe the dot connecting us is this, our security is found in really coming to know God. Not about Him, but to know Him, personally, and that comes in prayer, among other ways, but hugely in prayer.

Much love!
Well, I knew God, too, but was still terrified by the Scriptures. I had/have a background that fosters that sort of perception. And if I'm to say "I believe God--by believing God's Word", but, then, I listen to men's encouragements, "it's OK", but they don't really believe Scripture, because they have no answers for Scripture, then I am not much better than any unbeliever, and have no firm foundation in God's Word. Everything has to be extremely certain for me because of my fear... but, now, I see that the true firm foundation is prayer, because that is the only place to get solutions.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already showed you 1 Co 9:27-1 Co 10, and you had no answer.
How are the words in Mark 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". applicable to Mat. 5
[28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
1. Sealed--that's why it says not to grieve the Holy Spirit, so He doesn't leave.
2a. It's Paul who said "obey for it is God at work in you"--obey the working of God. When Christians sin, they're not obeying that working.
2b. No, "obedience" is not "obey the Gospel message", it has to do with "walking after the Spirit"--those who disregard His instruction, it is warned that you're risking the Spirit not being supplied to you (1 Th 4:8), as David cried, "Do not cast me away from Your presence, do not take your Spirit away from me," since you are not abiding in Christ (1 J 2:28, 3:23+), since only those who obey the twfold command 1) "Believe on the Name of God's Son and 2) love one another (ie, "walk in faith"--"faith works by love" so walking in faith is walking in love), in Whom "there is no sin", thus are not sharing in the "no condemnation" for those "in Christ" (Ro 8:1), but are "condemned" (Ro 14:23), since you're not revealing God's righteousness "from faith to faith" (Ro 1:16), but have done what you "doubted", thus "sinned" (Ro 14:5,23).
That's what the "obedience" is about in Php 2:12,13.

Don't take my word for it, though; if you pray about these things, I'm sure the Lord will confirm His Word to you.
First and foremost, David's situation was that the Holy Spirit of God could not permanently reside within him. So, for him to make that request that the HS not leave him, was not because of his sinfulness.

The real reason was that the Spirit of God was not yet permanently given to anyone, even Abraham, Moses etc. Not until the shedding of Christ's blood and His glorification, could the Holy Spirit of God then take up permanent residence within us.
John 7
[38] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

So then, what did happen to Abraham, Moses, David etc.? The best that God could do for them, after their death, was to "remember" them. Malachi 3:16.
All of them are shown under the altar of the OC, of which was fulfilled, as shown in Rev. 6:9-11. All of them, who were of faith in "the Promise to come", though they had been dead for a long time, they are shown receiving the Holy Spirit of God (White Robes- God's Righteousness).
God did not forget them!

If you can hear it, they are the elect of God out of Israel, aka the symbolic 144, 000.
Though the church has stumbled for years over this, we can now know that Mat. 27:50-54 was a literal fact, and who they are.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are the words in Mark 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". applicable to Mat. 5
[28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
How does answer any of the statements I made?

First and foremost, David's situation was that the Holy Spirit of God could not permanently reside within him. So, for him to make that request that the HS not leave him, was not because of his sinfulness.

The real reason was that the Spirit of God was not yet permanently given to anyone, even Abraham, Moses etc. Not until the shedding of Christ's blood and His glorification, could the Holy Spirit of God then take up permanent residence within us.
John 7
[38] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

So then, what did happen to Abraham, Moses, David etc.? The best that God could do for them, after their death, was to "remember" them. Malachi 3:16.
All of them are shown under the altar of the OC, of which was fulfilled, as shown in Rev. 6:9-11. All of them, who were of faith in "the Promise to come", though they had been dead for a long time, they are shown receiving the Holy Spirit of God (White Robes).
God did not forget them!

If you can hear it, they are the elect of God out of Israel, aka the symbolic 144, 000.
Though the church has stumbled for years over this, we can now know that Mat. 27:50-54 was a literal fact, and who they are.
1. David asked for God not to remove His Spirit, Paul warns that God will remove His Spirit from the immoral, John says only those who abide in Christ, by obeying His command, the twofold Law of Faith (1. Believe in the Name of God's Son, and 2. love one another, or walk in faith--same thing, since "faith works by love"), are supplied with the Spirit (1 Jn 3). Instances of disobeying the twofold Law of Faith are "sins", and result in the compromising of one's justification (Ro 14:5,23), as it is not the revelation of God's righteousness by faith (Ro 1:16).
I could say more, but I don't expect a straightforward response--I stand by all that I wrote there, which you chose not to address.

2. The rest of the speculation you expressed is irrelevant, not related.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not ready to admit to God of how exceedingly sinful and desperately wicked your heart (human will) really is, and that there is nothing that you can add to the foundational work of Christ's shedding of His blood for your salvation. It's all by faith in God's Grace through Jesus, that we can or will be saved.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. David asked for God not to remove His Spirit, Paul warns that God will remove His Spirit from the immoral, John says only those who abide in Christ, by obeying His command, the twofold Law of Faith (1. Believe in the Name of God's Son, and 2. love one another, or walk in faith--same thing, since "faith works by love"), are supplied with the Spirit (1 Jn 3). Instances of disobeying the twofold Law of Faith are "sins", and result in the compromising of one's justification (Ro 14:5,23), as it is not the revelation of God's righteousness by faith (Ro 1:16).
I could say more, but I don't expect a straightforward response--I stand by all that I wrote there, which you chose not to address.

2. The rest of the speculation you expressed is irrelevant, not related.
1. You don't understand how it was that the Holy Spirit of God was NOT ABLE or ALLOWED to permanently indwell anyone who lived under the OC.
Are you not aware that the death and resurrection of Christ was for both God the Father as well as for us? God, who is Holy and Perfect, cannot live in anyone who has not been sanctified by the shed blood of Christ, through faith. Jesus' blood alone, is the only blood that forgives and removes our sins. He alone is our atonement for God and before God.
Col. 3:1-13
[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

2. Speculation??
No! Not at all.
In reference to John 7:39, when do you think that the Holy Spirit was permanently given to the faithful of Israel, who lived out their lives, while under the OC?

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not ready to admit to God of how exceedingly sinful and desperately wicked your heart (human will) really is, and that there is nothing that you can add to the foundational work of Christ's shedding of His blood for your salvation. It's all by faith in God's Grace through Jesus, that we can or will be saved.
When God is at work in you, and you walk accordingly, you walk in God's righteousness (Ro 1:16; Php 2:12,13). God is righteous, not "desperately wicked". If you walk in doubt, you sin and are condemned (Ro 14:5,23).

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You don't understand how it was that the Holy Spirit of God was NOT ABLE or ALLOWED to permanently indwell anyone who lived under the OC.
Are you not aware that the death and resurrection of Christ was for both God the Father as well as for us? God, who is Holy and Perfect, cannot live in anyone who has not been sanctified by the shed blood of Christ, through faith. Jesus' blood alone, is the only blood that forgives and removes our sins. He alone is our atonement for God and before God.
As Paul says, those things were written for OUR instruction (1 Co 10).

Only those who abide are supplied with Spirit.
Only those who obey abide.
This is all in 1 Jn 3.
1 Jn 2:28 warns the little children to remain, and 1 Jn 5:21 tells us what draws them away :idolatry.

When people don't remain in Christ, by obeying the Command (1 Jn 3:23), they're not supplied with the Spirit, they're "cut off" (Ro 11:17-23), just as with the Galatians (1:6, 3:1-3, 5:4, 7).
No! Not at all.
In reference to John 7:39, when do you think that the Holy Spirit was permanently given to the faithful of Israel, who lived out their lives, while under the OC?
Speculation about 144k, blah blah blah.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone knows the difference between the Old and New Covenants, and how "this He spoke of the Spirit which had not yet been given because He had not yet been glorified"--and, yet, God is "the same yesterday, today, and forever", and Paul cited those very same "OC" Scriptures to teach Christians about how the New Covenant works. They were a type and a shadow, and, accordingly, they teach us about Christianity.

Example: our salvation from sin and God's wrath on sin was foreshadowed by the salvation of the Jews from Egypt, but, afterward, they sinned and fell under God's wrath and forfeited the promise:

1 Corinthians 9
26Therefore I run in such a way as not to run aimlessly; I box in such a way, as 1 Corinthians 9 New American Standard Bibleto avoid hitting air; 27but I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 10
1For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that our fathers were all under the cloud and they all passed through the sea; 2and they all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3and they all ate the same spiritual food, 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was [a]Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased; for their dead bodies were spread out in the wilderness.
6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they indeed craved them. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND TO DRINK, AND ROSE UP TO PLAY.” 8Nor are we to commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day. 9Nor are we to put the Lord to the test, as some of them [c]did, and were killed by the snakes. 10Nor grumble, as some of them [d]did, and were killed by the destroyer. 11Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Paul warns that the Spirit is only supplied to those who obey God:

1 Thessalonians 4
8Therefore whoever disregards this [prohibition on immorality], disregards not man, but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

Just as John teaches

1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we
[h]believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and
love one another,
just as He commanded us.
24The one who keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him.
We know by this that He remains in us: by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Forgive me if I must disbelieve you to continue believing Scripture.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God is at work in you, and you walk accordingly, you walk in God's righteousness (Ro 1:16; Php 2:12,13). God is righteous. If you walk in doubt, you sin and are condemned (Ro 14:5,23). So much for "not adding".
Which brings it back to what I originally said.
The works that Christ does through me, is not that of my will, that I choose to do through my flesh, but rather what Christ brings to me, that He shall do through me.

Therefore, the work that I SHOULD DO IS:
Rom. 12
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Col. 3:1-3
[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which brings it back to what I originally said.
The works that Christ does through me, is not that of my will, that I choose to do through my flesh, but rather what Christ brings to me, that He shall do through me.

Therefore, the work that I SHOULD DO IS:
Rom. 12
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Col. 3:1-3
[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
"God works in you", therefore "obey" (Php 2:12,13).
If that were not the case, Christians could never sin.
"Good works automatically happen for a saved person" isn't in Scripture.
It's a myth the "faith alone" crowd need to shoehorn in to uphold "faith alone".

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God works in you", therefore "obey" (Php 2:12,13).
If that were not the case, Christians could never sin.
"Good works automatically happen for a saved person" isn't in Scripture.
It's a myth the "faith alone" crowd need to shoehorn in to uphold "faith alone".
It's the age hold dilemma of "church-ianity".

By having faith in His shed blood, are we made to be "sin-less" or "sin-free"?
The scriptural answer, by His Holy Spirit is:
Through faith, we are made to be "sin-less" before the Father.

The Pharisees had the same problem. Jesus said: "The work of God" [to do] was to believe on Him whom God has sent".

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the age hold dilemma of "church-ianity".

By having faith in His shed blood, are we made to be "sin-less" or "sin-free"?
The scriptural answer, by His Holy Spirit is:
Through faith, we are made to be "sin-less" before the Father.

The pharisees had the same problem
1. No, that's not the question.
Many say "faith alone", then, to uphold that in the face of the obvious reality you must do good works, they say "good works automatically flow from faith". That is what I reject, based on the aforementioned Scripture.

2. No, believers are not "sin-less" before the Father:
a. The Christian who sins is "condemned" (Ro 14:23)
b. The Churches' sins were seen by God in Revelation. The God you say doesn't see our sin struck many Corinthian believers with illness, and some even with death, for their sin.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHAT might ask shall you add to the foundation of Christ, that He has already performed, that SAVED you in the first place?
To seek additional means of salvation, is to distrust Christ.
Our "salvation" is like the Jews' "salvation" from Egypt--yet, after, they sinned. so they fell under God's wrath, anyway, and they forfeited the promise God made to them.

1 Corinthians 9
26Therefore I run in such a way as not to run aimlessly; I box in such a way, as to avoid hitting air; 27but I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 10
1For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that our fathers were all under the cloud and they all passed through the sea; 2and they all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3and they all ate the same spiritual food, 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was [a]Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased; for their dead bodies were spread out in the wilderness.
6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they indeed craved them. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND TO DRINK, AND ROSE UP TO PLAY.” 8Nor are we to commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day. 9Nor are we to put the Lord to the test, as some of them [c]did, and were killed by the snakes. 10Nor grumble, as some of them [d]did, and were killed by the destroyer. 11Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. 12Therefore let the one who thinks he stands watch out that he does not fall. 13No temptation has overtaken you except something common to mankind; and God is faithful, [e]so He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
14Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

This is what I hold.

Your "objection" was, "What can you add to the foundation?"
Well, you'd better not add sin, because you'll fall under God's wrath and forfeit the promise God made you--if you want to call that (sinning, falling under God's wrath, forfeiting eternal life) "saved", you can, but I want nothing to do with that.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone knows the difference between the Old and New Covenants, and how "this He spoke of the Spirit which had not yet been given because He had not yet been glorified"--and, yet, God is "the same yesterday, today, and forever", and Paul cited those very same "OC" Scriptures to teach Christians about how the New Covenant works. They were a type and a shadow, and, accordingly, they teach us about Christianity.

Example: our salvation from sin and God's wrath on sin was foreshadowed by the salvation of the Jews from Egypt, but, afterward, they sinned and fell under God's wrath and forfeited the promise:

1 Corinthians 9
26Therefore I run in such a way as not to run aimlessly; I box in such a way, as 1 Corinthians 9 New American Standard Bibleto avoid hitting air; 27but I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 10
6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they indeed craved them. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND TO DRINK, AND ROSE UP TO PLAY.” 8Nor are we to commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day. 9Nor are we to put the Lord to the test, as some of them [c]did, and were killed by the snakes. 10Nor grumble, as some of them [d]did, and were killed by the destroyer. 11Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Paul warns that the Spirit is only supplied to those who obey God:

1 Thessalonians 4
8Therefore whoever disregards this [prohibition on immorality], disregards not man, but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

Just as John teaches

1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we
[h]believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and
love one another,
just as He commanded us.
24The one who keeps His commandments remains in Him, and He in him.
We know by this that He remains in us: by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Forgive me if I must disbelieve you to continue believing Scripture.
"Paul warns that the Spirit is only supplied to those who obey God:"
Yes!! And this is the obedience that we MUST DO, to ensure that we have received the Holy Spirit of God:
Rev. 3
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Paul warns that the Spirit is only supplied to those who obey God:"
Yes!! And this is the obedience that we MUST DO, to ensure that we have received the Holy Spirit of God:
Rev. 3
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Firstly, you forgot the context of the Pauline statement was the prohibition against immorality--he is warning that if they choose to live in immorality, the God Who is supplying His Spirit will be upset, and will not continue supplying them His Spirit.

Same as John says:

1 John 3
23This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1) Believe in the Name of God's Son
2) Love one another--same thing as saying, "walk in faith" (Ro 1:16, 14:5), since "faith works by love", and we see the Christian who does not walk by faith is "condemned" (Ro 14:23), since he is not revealing God's righteousness "from faith to faith" (Ro 1:16).

It is NOT just "believe in Jesus".

Secondly, yes, I agree that if people fall away from faith in God's Son, that also constitutes an infraction against the twofold Law of Faith, and, so, they are no longer "abiding in Christ", so they are not going to continue being supplied with the Spirit, but are "cut off", "severed from Christ" (Ro 11:17-23; Gal 1:6, 3:1-3, 5:4,7; 1 Jn 2:28), thus, not remaining in Him, they are not qualifying for being supplied with the Spirit (1 Jn 3:23,24).